Mousehole      1-2   Saltash United

Porthleven      4-2   Callington Town

St Blazey      1-1   Bodmin Town

St Dennis      4-2   Penzance

Sticker    0-4   Falmouth Town

Wadebridge Town   7-2   Launceston

Wendron United   1-8   Camelford

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 26 SEPTEMBER 2020

Hate to disappoint you guys, but as far as I'm aware they didn't film it today!

Meanwhile great result for Saltash down at Mousehole. How crucial I wonder was that equalising goal for the Ashes just before half-time. The young front two came up with the goods again - Ben Holter and Reece Thompson getting the goals.  

Yup cracking result for Ashes today. Those cup games against Southern League teams are paying dividends for defending especially the 2nd half. 

Long way to go, but that win and other results - today felt like a pivotal day in division West race. We plough on. 

All thanks to Mousehole- friendly place and very Covid friendly and safe. 

And a cracking pasty to boot!! 😋 

Wendron 1-8 Camelford

Underlane looked fabulous and you will struggle to find a more welcoming club. 
Don’t like match reports where it is too one-sided and I expected today to be  tight game .

In short - Camels dominated, helped by a flying start, Ed scored within a minute - followed by Matty scoring a cracker 2-0 halftime, but could have been a lot more  Second half - another by Ed and two goals by Connor finished game at 5-0 . Camels switched off and poor defending allowed Wendron to score, 5-1 . Obviously upset the Camels who scored 3 quick goals - Tom(2) and Denholm .

Very impressive performance by the Camels against a decent Wendron team.

Top of the table - looking forward to Wednesday v Saltash

Carter must be struggling with fitness or injury. As he would normally be smashing goals  in for fun by now. But he hardly done anything yet. 

Saltash showing the way.2 young local lads scoring both goals. Thompson proving staying at saltash and turning down parkway bench  was a wise move as he will gain loads more from leading the line for saltash. 

16 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Hate to disappoint you guys, but as far as I'm aware they didn't film it today!

Meanwhile great result for Saltash down at Mousehole. How crucial I wonder was that equalising goal for the Ashes just before half-time. The young front two came up with the goods again - Ben Holter and Reece Thompson getting the goals.  

Dane Bunney and The Ashes proving the doubters (myself included) wrong.  Seem to have taken the loss of the best manager and best striker in the league in their stride. Reece Thompson looks like a star in the making, can see why Parkway were keen to get hold of him.

35 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Lots of Massey and Helston bashing, but not enough praise for Liskeard.

That's proper beatings they've given to both Bodmin and Helston at Lux Park in the first month of the season.

Credit where credits due they've stuck with their youth up through the ranks policy .No big time Charlie's. A team of loyal local lads playing for each other and the shirt . 👍

2 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Dane Bunney and The Ashes proving the doubters (myself included) wrong.  Seem to have taken the loss of the best manager and best striker in the league in their stride. Reece Thompson looks like a star in the making, can see why Parkway were keen to get hold of him.

The team look like they are playing with more freedom to express themselves under Dane and the workrate/intensity had gone up to another level. This has helped for sure in the cup run. 

great to see Ben Holter getting another goal yesterday  

19 hours ago, BAGMAN said:

Haters always gonna hate!!

Firstly, let me state I am NOT a Helston AFC fan, but perspective needed! The 'haters' are crowing way too early!!

Yes, Helston are spending big time to achieve their goals, as are Plymouth Parkway in the Western League. There is a big difference though. With PPFC its all about the first team. At Helston they are looking to develop the club it seems, with a strong youth section, reserves and women's team, so I don't have the feelings for them that I do for PPFC, not that I 'hate' them either!!  I do admire Massey's commitment and love of football as an ex-pro too. Further, for me, anyone who finishes above HAFC will win the title. I'd love it to be Saltash United and what a statement result for them yesterday too!

I'd prefer to enjoy the opening weeks' successes of small budget Camelford and Dobwalls, along with the Ashes FA Cup run than majoring on a probable blip result for the Blue ones

A lot of football to be played, if we get a full season done and some surprises so far in the West division, but that's all it is to date. 

12 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Agreed,very impressed with Thompson MoM in Saltash v Cirencester game for me, talented lad creates and holds the ball up so well great to see him getting some goals, one to watch.

On 31/08/2020 at 12:10, Dave Deacon said:

Tuesday 1st

FA CUP, Extra Preliminary Round (all 7.45pm)

Millbrook        0-1     Bridgwater Town

Newton Abbot Spurs      3-0          AFC St Austell

Odd Down        1-4      Helston Athletic

Plymouth Parkway     1-1         Saltash United (Saltash win 5-4 on pens)

Shepton Mallet     3-0          Torrington

Wellington           2-2         Bodmin Town (Bodmin won 4-3 on pens)

Wells City          2-0          Bovey Tracey

On 27/09/2020 at 15:26, Bruegel the Elder said:

All MQ’s work paying off at last, I’m sure he knew it was coming!

Lots of hard work by a lot of guys and galls back then Bruegel!!!

it is nice to see them playing well and winning,,,,,,,, now for the consistency,,,,  I'm sure the management team will be driving them onwards and upwards !!

Well done lads and support staff!!

MQx