Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Saturday 29 January 2022

EAST

Crediton United                             4-2            Axminster Town

Cullompton Rangers                     3-5         Newton Abbot Spurs

Dartmouth                                     1-2           Honiton Town

Elburton Villa                                 0-0         Sidmouth Town

Elmore                                           3-2            Stoke Gabriel & Torbay Police

Holsworthy                                     P-P         Ivybridge Town

Okehampton Argyle                      P-P         Plymouth Marjon

Ottery St Mary                               0-13            Torpoint Athletic

Torridgeside                                   1-6        Bovey Tracey

Torrington                                      1-4        Brixham

WEST

Bodmin Town                                 1-4         Falmouth Town

Dobwalls                                         3-0          Penryn Athletic

Launceston                                     1-1         Godolphin Atlantic (Newquay) 

Liskeard Athletic                            2-2       Camelford

Newquay                                        0-1         Callington Town

Penzance                                        1-4          Wadebridge Town

St Blazey                                          5-2          Wendron United

St Dennis                                         P-P         AFC St Auste

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 29 January 2022
On 28/01/2022 at 11:41, Dave Deacon said:

EAST

Crediton United                             4-2            Axminster Town

Cullompton Rangers                     3-5         Newton Abbot Spurs

Dartmouth                                     1-2           Honiton Town

Elburton Villa                                 0-0         Sidmouth Town

Elmore                                           3-2            Stoke Gabriel & Torbay Police

Holsworthy                                     P-P         Ivybridge Town

Okehampton Argyle                      P-P         Plymouth Marjon

Ottery St Mary                               0-13            Torpoint Athletic

Torridgeside                                   1-6        Bovey Tracey

Torrington                                      1-4        Brixham

WEST

Bodmin Town                                 1-4         Falmouth Town

Dobwalls                                         3-0          Penryn Athletic

Launceston                                     1-1         Godolphin Atlantic (Newquay) 

Liskeard Athletic                            2-2       Camelford

Newquay                                        0-1         Callington Town

Penzance                                        1-4          Wadebridge Town

St Blazey                                          5-2          Wendron United

St Dennis                                         P-P         AFC St Auste

Is that Torpoint score a typo?

St Blazey 5 Wendron 2

Great entertainment and 7 goals with a quite outstanding display from Liam Eddy, the home number nine.  I’ve not seen Wendron for a while and whilst they had some encouraging passages of play, their defending at times was way short of standard. Blazey took the lead after 10 minutes yet had already squandered two glorious chances when it looked harder to miss. The second followed after 20 minutes and by half time they had scored 4 without reply. Wendron were never completely out of it and did manage to create a couple of chances in the first half. The two goals they scored were both top quality finishes. Blazey always attacked with pace and in numbers and on this performance they are clearly a work in progress and should feature prominently in the race for second or third place. Wendron meanwhile need to defend better as they didn’t really get going until they were 3 down. 

29 minutes ago, Joe1970Johnson said:

I agree with you and it’s confirmation (well to me it is) that the west division is stronger than the east. That said, Torpoint are capable of scoring double figures at most teams they meet. 

Here we go with the comparison again. What you got to take into consideration is that Ottery lost their entire team, they could of just said nope we're pulling out like Porthleven but instead have gathered a team to play and you got to give them credit for that. 

It wouldn't suprise me if they pull out the league end of season, beaten heavily by both brixham and torpoint maybe they need a step down unless they can find new players.

Ottery St Mary 0 Torpoint Athletic 13. 

I was there as Ashes had a free day.

Up to half time it was only 0-2 and Ryan Richards score one of those in the 1st min!!

Fair play to Ottery speaking to their secretary, they’ve been to hell and back in the last 6 weeks clearly there’s more to the story with the old manager and players.  But they’re fighting on, signing on players from Devon and Exeter league and they had 4 or 5 16 yr old playing. Sounds like they will be asking for relegation to Devon league at end of season which is a shame as the ground is excellent (clubhouse very like Exmouth Town). 

Torpoint were clinical, strong and could have had at least 6 or 7 more, no exaggeration. Good strong side.

Good to meet Robbie secretary- hopefully next season there’ll be a renewed rivalry in SE Cornwall with Saltash 

1 hour ago, Joe1970Johnson said:

St Blazey 5 Wendron 2

Great entertainment and 7 goals with a quite outstanding display from Liam Eddy, the home number nine.  I’ve not seen Wendron for a while and whilst they had some encouraging passages of play, their defending at times was way short of standard. Blazey took the lead after 10 minutes yet had already squandered two glorious chances when it looked harder to miss. The second followed after 20 minutes and by half time they had scored 4 without reply. Wendron were never completely out of it and did manage to create a couple of chances in the first half. The two goals they scored were both top quality finishes. Blazey always attacked with pace and in numbers and on this performance they are clearly a work in progress and should feature prominently in the race for second or third place. Wendron meanwhile need to defend better as they didn’t really get going until they were 3 down. 

If only 1 go up next season gonna be some battle between liskard and blazey as feel both will be desperate to get out of the league .

57 minutes ago, Philheybrookbay said:

Ottery St Mary 0 Torpoint Athletic 13. 

I was there as Ashes had a free day.

Up to half time it was only 0-2 and Ryan Richards score one of those in the 1st min!!

Fair play to Ottery speaking to their secretary, they’ve been to hell and back in the last 6 weeks clearly there’s more to the story with the old manager and players.  But they’re fighting on, signing on players from Devon and Exeter league and they had 4 or 5 16 yr old playing. Sounds like they will be asking for relegation to Devon league at end of season which is a shame as the ground is excellent (clubhouse very like Exmouth Town). 

Torpoint were clinical, strong and could have had at least 6 or 7 more, no exaggeration. Good strong side.

Good to meet Robbie secretary- hopefully next season there’ll be a renewed rivalry in SE Cornwall with Saltash 

It was good to see you too.  Hopefully we will be up there with you next season. There is still a few hard matches to go yet

3 hours ago, Joe1970Johnson said:

I agree with you and it’s confirmation (well to me it is) that the west division is stronger than the east. That said, Torpoint are capable of scoring double figures at most teams they meet. 

I don’t think this is confirmation of anything other than Torpoint had a good day in front of goal.

Would anyone really be shocked if Falmouth put double figures past St Dennis, Penzance, Sticker or Godolphin? (No disrespect intended to these sides, Falmouth are just streaks ahead of everyone else in that division)

Big score lines can happen at any level of football, means nothing more than one side had a good day and the other had a bad day!

28 minutes ago, FootballChat said:

I don’t think this is confirmation of anything other than Torpoint had a good day in front of goal.

Would anyone really be shocked if Falmouth put double figures past St Dennis, Penzance, Sticker or Godolphin? (No disrespect intended to these sides, Falmouth are just streaks ahead of everyone else in that division)

Big score lines can happen at any level of football, means nothing more than one side had a good day and the other had a bad day!

Wind your neck in mate. I only made a personal observation on the two divisions having seen games every week. Fact is though that Falmouth haven’t banged double figures, so your disrespectful comments don’t hold much substance.

Sometimes I wished I never bothered with this forum. 

3 minutes ago, Cornishfootyfanatic said:

Watched a very poor Newquay team today. Problem worst they play all season really need a striker. Unfortunate error from Heaton lead to goal but Peppermints never look like scoring. Need to get striker like JBE really soon. Callinton dominated Newquay. 

Callington are getting better as the season goes on.

8 hours ago, Joe1970Johnson said:

Wind your neck in mate. I only made a personal observation on the two divisions having seen games every week. Fact is though that Falmouth haven’t banged double figures, so your disrespectful comments don’t hold much substance.

Wind my neck in? 
As you stated, I’ve made an observation. 
Is a forum not a place to debate differing opinions?

9 hours ago, Joe1970Johnson said:

It's hard to judge solely on results, because if that's how you're looking at it, then what about who Falmouth failed to score for first time last week losing to oakhampton who ain't even the best team in the East. 

Top 5 in each division could probably beat each other on the day, the league will eventually sort it self out with teams going up to the Western etc, but I do feel with all these clubs going up the SWPL standard will drop massively. 

9 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Always amazes me how writers react on here. Why we can't keep calm guys and have adult conversations, I just don't know! :thumbsup:

Couldn't agree more having been the recipient of abusive remarks even being referred to as a baboon because of my opinion.
That is now something that's in the past and best forgotten, but other posts on the forum that insult other peoples opinions will persist unless stringently resisted by admin, who can delete anything that appears to be provocative or causing ill feeling.
Banter is one thing provocation is another thing entirely

1 hour ago, We Two said:

Banter is one thing provocation is another thing entirely

That is one of the problems though, recognising what is banter and what isn’t. We all have different thresholds for measuring it!

Personally I would rather delete anything that doesn’t relate to football, but some in the past have suggested that is too harsh!

Git on wiv it, its football,  its banter, its whatever you choose to make of it.

Dont like it, dont come on here...simples.

Too much of this woke, snowflake stuff going on in the world today,  call me what you want...sticks and stones in my world...man up....everybody....jeeeeeze.

2 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Git on wiv it, its football,  its banter, its whatever you choose to make of it.

Dont like it, dont come on here...simples.

Too much of this woke, snowflake stuff going on in the world today,  call me what you want...sticks and stones in my world...man up....everybody....jeeeeeze.

Having played the game in the days of 1st division football against the like of Billy Bremner and Norman Hunter in the days of pitch invasions, I don't feel that manning up is an issue, abusive behaviour either physical or verbal is without doubt offensive and causes problems both on and off the pitch.

22 minutes ago, We Two said:

Having played the game in the days of 1st division football against the like of Billy Bremner and Norman Hunter in the days of pitch invasions, I don't feel that manning up is an issue, abusive behaviour either physical or verbal is without doubt offensive and causes problems both on and off the pitch.

Git on wiv it.

Sticks and stones...sticks and stones. 

The more people react to it all the worse it will get, they live, breathe and feed off of reactions.

12 hours ago, Cornishfootyfanatic said:

Watched a very poor Newquay team today. Problem worst they play all season really need a striker. Unfortunate error from Heaton lead to goal but Peppermints never look like scoring. Need to get striker like JBE really soon. Callinton dominated Newquay. 

Id like to think we made them play poorly, Newquay are a good side 

27 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Git on wiv it.

Sticks and stones...sticks and stones. 

The more people react to it all the worse it will get, they live, breathe and feed off of reactions.

Disappointing opinion Older, the answer is to appose and reject those who are responsible for abuse, my wife is still affected by the abuse she received from some quarters, purely because she was associated with an opposing team.
Ignore it and it will go away is a non starter as the years have proved, and although we are talking about grass roots level, people have still got feelings, ask the parents who will not take their children to football matches why they don't attend football matches, and you will get your answer.
The lack of crowds at grass roots level is not all down to other distractions.

Had some lovely banter with Liskeard fans yesterday, a bit near the mark sometimes, the match was a full blooded affair with both teams giving everything they had. Liskeard had a player sent off in the first half and Camelford had Bobby in goal when he usually plays midfield, Liskeard equalised in the last minute and a draw was about right. Great entertainment for everyone, shook hands at the end and everything was fine, so please don't take the banter as abuse, just give the same as you get.

Dave D I’ve been affected by Silly & Leeds please can you give me there real names so I can send them some flowers 💐 I’ve not slept since all the abuse these sad little toe rags throw at me especially the eating ones. 

On a serious note those two do only look for arguments in almost every post they make 

😜

Back to the football......

Bodmin Town 1. Falmouth Town 4.

Falmouth go marching on and it is now 19 wins from 19 games.

The result of this one was rarely in doubt as Falmouth took an early lead in the 2nd minute from Tim Nixon. They increased their lead about half way through the first period before Bodmin converted a penalty following a handball at the end of normal time. A good time to score but Falmouth then got another through some persistence from Jack Bray-Evans which forced a mistake from the Bodmin centre-half.

3-1 at half-time then and the 2nd half was pretty much one way traffic. James Ward scored from a set-piece and it was game over.

It was interesting seeing the lack of urgency from the Bodmin players, given that they were trailing for most of the game. All throw-ins and set-peices were painfully slow.

Finally, the team was almost unrecogniseable from the one that beat Wendron in a couple of weeks ago. It must be confusing being a Bodmin fan. I noticed that the ex-Penryn keeper, Adam Rowbothan was in goal for them yesterday and had a good game. Another departure from Penryn though. Hopefully for them, that will be the end of it and a new coach will be named soon.

17 hours ago, Southwest football fan said:

Here we go with the comparison again. What you got to take into consideration is that Ottery lost their entire team, they could of just said nope we're pulling out like Porthleven but instead have gathered a team to play and you got to give them credit for that. 

It wouldn't suprise me if they pull out the league end of season, beaten heavily by both brixham and torpoint maybe they need a step down unless they can find new players.

It seems like OSM took a very good complete side on board (Cronies) to play under the Otters banner. By doing this you also risk losing them in a similar manner if things go wrong.

Might the Otters have been wiser offering Cronies ground sharing & keeping their original 1st team?

OSM never seem to know what they really want in their mens teams, or are they only interested in youth football?🤔🤔

In my opinion, it's wise not to post your opinion on any social media platform because, whatever your opinion is, someone is bound to have a different opinion.

If we only post facts and share information, the rest of us don't have to witness the daily disrespecting comments between those who have differing opinions to those who post their opinions.

Well that's my opinion; if you have a different opinion, please feel free NOT to post your opinion on here!

My tongue is firmly in my cheek.

3 hours ago, We Two said:

Disappointing opinion Older, the answer is to appose and reject those who are responsible for abuse, my wife is still affected by the abuse she received from some quarters, purely because she was associated with an opposing team.
Ignore it and it will go away is a non starter as the years have proved, and although we are talking about grass roots level, people have still got feelings, ask the parents who will not take their children to football matches why they don't attend football matches, and you will get your answer.
The lack of crowds at grass roots level is not all down to other distractions.

I still say ignore it and it will go away. 

They live on reaction, don't give them any then they have nothing.

You win.

2 hours ago, MARKSY said:

Dave D I’ve been affected by Silly & Leeds please can you give me there real names so I can send them some flowers 💐 I’ve not slept since all the abuse these sad little toe rags throw at me especially the eating ones. 

On a serious note those two do only look for arguments in almost every post they make 

😜

Man up boy!😜

5 hours ago, The Town Man said:

The result of this one was rarely in doubt as Falmouth took an early lead in the 2nd minute from Tim Nixon. They increased their lead about half way through the first period before Bodmin converted a penalty following a handball at the end of normal time. A good time to score but Falmouth then got another through some persistence from Jack Bray-Evans which forced a mistake from the Bodmin centre-half.

3-1 at half-time then and the 2nd half was pretty much one way traffic. James Ward scored from a set-piece and it was game over.

It was interesting seeing the lack of urgency from the Bodmin players, given that they were trailing for most of the game. All throw-ins and set-peices were painfully slow.

Finally, the team was almost unrecogniseable from the one that beat Wendron in a couple of weeks ago. It must be confusing being a Bodmin fan. I noticed that the ex-Penryn keeper, Adam Rowbothan was in goal for them yesterday and had a good game. Another departure from Penryn though. Hopefully for them, that will be the end of it and a new coach will be named soon.

Thought town were excellent yesterday and dominated throughout .The workrate, passing and movement off the ball  was 100 per cent better than the okehampton game . Adie Thompson's 1rst game back at right back after a long injury lay off earned him towns M.O.M award . Speaking to a neutral after the game ,he thought bodmin had a few saltash players in the side. maybe somebody can clarify .

Also feel for ex penryn keeper Adam Robothan ,who must be sick of the sight of us ,think that's 13 goals he's conceded against us in 3 games .Having said that he made some great saves and kept the score down yesterday.

With Liskeard dropping points yesterday ,it makes the prospect of the league title come that little bit closer but still early days.2 home games on the trot to come now , the last one was a long 6 weeks ago .

On 30/01/2022 at 12:29, The Town Man said:

Yup, another player transferred for the money, and with what's being paid that's your mortgage sorted every month! can't blame them for that.

Crazy world of Cornish football. 

12 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Could be Saltash could be Timbuktu,we don't know who the players are from one week to the next.

From looking at the line up for bodmin no Saltash first team players there. Saltash first team probably have better things to do on a Saturday off than be shouted at by Gilbert all afternoon! 😂

On 29/01/2022 at 20:11, 6times said:

If only 1 go up next season gonna be some battle between liskard and blazey as feel both will be desperate to get out of the league .

I would be surprised if Liskeard would want to go up, the cost of travelling is a major factor and unless you have a major sponsor why bankrupt your club.

There is also the issue of players not willing to travel long distances every other week.

No doubt there will be players happy to travel providing the club is willing to pay them for their trouble?

I am sure other clubs feel the same?

Dobwalls 3 Penryn 0

A depleted Penryn battled hard against high flying Dobwalls.

With the loss of their manager and regular keeper amongst others it was always going to be a big ask for the visitors.

The rain had made the surface slippery but both sides tried to play attractive football.

A Kelvin Fyneboys hattrick secured all three points for the hosts.

The game passed almost without incident apart from 1 yellow card for the hattrick man who thought he was fouled and grabbed the ball, unfortunately the referee didn't agree.

The referee controlled the game well and made allowances for the difficult conditions.

Best of luck to Penryn with rebuilding their squad.

On 30/01/2022 at 12:29, The Town Man said:

Nice one Town Man. With 19 wins from 19 league games played this season it looks like the 20/20 vision is in our sights..... :) lol

On 30/01/2022 at 12:11, MARKSY said:

😜

A lot of the replies would be more polite if people had to use their own names as opposed to hiding behind a made up one marksy, typical keyboard warriors had a few Shandy's on a Saturday afternoon n get brave while watching strictly come dancing at home n decide to come on here lol

On 04/02/2022 at 08:59, davegrose said:

A lot of the replies would be more polite if people had to use their own names as opposed to hiding behind a made up one marksy, typical keyboard warriors had a few Shandy's on a Saturday afternoon n get brave while watching strictly come dancing at home n decide to come on here lol

Spot on Dave 🤗