Stoke Gabriel                     0-10          Elmore

WEST DIVISION

Bodmin Town                    3-3        Helston Athletic

Falmouth Town                 2-1          Newquay

Saltash United                   H/W       Godolphin Atlantic

31 minutes ago, Philheybrookbay said:

Saltash v Godolphin is apparently off.

Godolphin cant raise a side.😐

This is not true!! Manager left on Sunday morning, we as players got a side together ourselves with the full intentions of fulfilling the fixture. 

The club took the decision upon themselves to forfeit the game without consulting the players and might I add the players still haven’t officially been told by the club...

Probably wouldn’t have won the game but atleast there was the intention to get the game played instead of walking away from it when things get tough!!

6 minutes ago, Dragon216 said:

This is not true!! Manager left on Sunday morning, we as players got a side together ourselves with the full intentions of fulfilling the fixture. 

The club took the decision upon themselves to forfeit the game without consulting the players and might I add the players still haven’t officially been told by the club...

Probably wouldn’t have won the game but atleast there was the intention to get the game played instead of walking away from it when things get tough!!

That’s a shame Dragon! Is there still not time to do something about it?

1 minute ago, Dave Deacon said:

That’s a shame Dragon! Is there still not time to do something about it?

I would’ve liked to think so but the decision is made by the club I guess, doing this has effectively doomed the club in my opinion, can’t turn things around when they don’t back the players or even communicate 

2 minutes ago, Dragon216 said:

I would’ve liked to think so but the decision is made by the club I guess, doing this has effectively doomed the club in my opinion, can’t turn things around when they don’t back the players or even communicate 

That’s why I asked as so important the club keep on board the players they have, but this could make some of you reconsider. Are you the skipper or just responding on behalf of the players?

3 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

That’s why I asked as so important the club keep on board the players they have, but this could make some of you reconsider. Are you the skipper or just responding on behalf of the players?

I’m a player for the team, a few have been brought in to help try and save the club and then this happens, none of us are driving the distances that we have to because we like driving, it’s because we want to play football and help try and turn this season around

Just now, Dragon216 said:

I’m a player for the team, a few have been brought in to help try and save the club and then this happens, none of us are driving the distances that we have to because we like driving, it’s because we want to play football and help try and turn this season around

Good on you guys for doing so. Maybe a case of all sticking together and making it clear to the club that you’re not prepared to give up so that no more games are forfeited.

1 minute ago, Dave Deacon said:

Good on you guys for doing so. Maybe a case of all sticking together and making it clear to the club that you’re not prepared to give up so that no more games are forfeited.

If I’m completely honest forfeiting the game isn’t my problem, my problem is that the club have made the decision without talking to the team and asking where we stood, it’s not a good look at all

Who the hell is Dragon havnt seen him on here before , its such a shame that Godolphin couldnt fufull there game vs Saltash ,the G where supposed of signed 6 new players whats happened to them ? Also Andy Savage hs left his position sthe G  MANAGER such a shame he was such a nice man so they are looking  for anew manager would x to see Derek Martyn BACK IN Charge of the club they need someone with experiance .Hope the G dont pull out ofthe legue that would upset me a lot becuse they are a lovely club ,this must be really upsetting Tania and the other great people at the club .Hope the Club can sort out the management problem and get back to playing see you  Soon hopefully Good LUCK G

30 minutes ago, Dragon216 said:

If I’m completely honest forfeiting the game isn’t my problem, my problem is that the club have made the decision without talking to the team and asking where we stood, it’s not a good look at all

Dragon - first of all, well done to you and your team mates for showing the desire and loyalty to help get the G’s through this hiccup. I am sure there is a reason why the club made the decision to forfeit the game and it is probably down to the technicalities with the league over named managers etc and not wanting to cause uncertainty over the fixture. The breakdown in communication is probably due to the speed at which decisions had to be made. 
Stick with it, all at G’s and you will see through this unfortunate time. 
Good luck from me - and I am sure I speak for all at Camelford FC

This whole situation is desperately sad. Remember several fiercely contested encounters between the G and Parkway, they always seemed like a talented group of mates led by the very vocal and passionate Derek Martyn. 

Doesn't seem like the financial structure of the club is collapsing, it is more about being able to recruit and retain players. As 100% has often said, the majority of the current Newquay squad are ex G. Perhaps you could say that there simply aren't enough players in the area to support two step 6 clubs, looked to me like the rise of the G, and their seasons of being competitive at Peninsula level, coincided with their crosstown rivals being in the doldrums.

4 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 21st

SWPL

EAST DIVISION

Bovey Tracey                   v            Honiton Town

Ivybridge Town               v            Cullompton Rangers

Sidmouth Town               v            Torrington

Stoke Gabriel                   v            Elmore

WEST DIVISION

Bodmin Town                  v            Helston Athletic

Falmouth Town               v            Newquay

Saltash United               H/W      Godolphin Atlantic

The Falmouth v Newquay game will be a close encounter.

2 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Who the hell is Dragon havnt seen him on here before , its such a shame that Godolphin couldnt fufull there game vs Saltash ,the G where supposed of signed 6 new players whats happened to them ? Also Andy Savage hs left his position sthe G  MANAGER such a shame he was such a nice man so they are looking  for anew manager would x to see Derek Martyn BACK IN Charge of the club they need someone with experiance .Hope the G dont pull out ofthe legue that would upset me a lot becuse they are a lovely club ,this must be really upsetting Tania and the other great people at the club .Hope the Club can sort out the management problem and get back to playing see you  Soon hopefully Good LUCK G

Dragon is player who seems to know what he's talking about, rather than saying things, like "I heard', or "supposed to"

I remember a few years ago when Newquay were in the combo league they were fined heavily by the combo league

for not getting a side out, do the southwest peninsula league issue fines?.

As way off the park said there are not enough players of SWPL quality  in the Town to produce 2 teams and all teams go through

lean times and no doubt the G will come through this setback.

Get Lowry back there. Jamie & Phil, they would get a competitive side together. Newquay will probably start playing Phil abit more now panicking if not he might leave? 

Nows the time to ask for an extra few quid Phil, they won't want to lose you now! 😂

Good luck G, some wonderful people behind the scenes at the club. Get the Lowrys back to save your season

5 hours ago, Bazzer said:

I remember a few years ago when Newquay were in the combo league they were fined heavily by the combo league

for not getting a side out, do the southwest peninsula league issue fines?.

As way off the park said there are not enough players of SWPL quality  in the Town to produce 2 teams and all teams go through

lean times and no doubt the G will come through this setback.

Cheers Baz yes we have been fined 

29 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

I don’t understand if the players are prepared to plsy the game  why a club would say it can’t raise a side  ? 

Even if the manager has left just get someone from the club to step in. Why take a fine ? Doesn’t make sense at all if the players are prepared to play 

We had no one that could step in for Wednesday game as club not willing for players to go without any management or physio as our players are top priority we have in the last couple of hours have that in place for Saturday 

47 minutes ago, Taniasemmensgodolphin said:

We had no one that could step in for Wednesday game as club not willing for players to go without any management or physio as our players are top priority we have in the last couple of hours have that in place for Saturday 

Well done from me.

50 minutes ago, Taniasemmensgodolphin said:

I presume it's the FA who fined the club? If so they should be offering support, not making things worse.

4 minutes ago, silly billy said:

I presume it's the FA who fined the club? If so they should be offering support, not making things worse.

No, fines for league games not played are from the league, SWPL. Standard procedure. If you are connected to a team, I suggest you speak to the secretary who will explain how things work.

Yes in these uncertain times I feel a fine and 3 points deducted is not the answer,  a week in football is a short time

and a rearranged match would have been a better solution.

You have a couple of winnable games coming up Tania and its upwards and onwards. 

Watching the G  and Newquay without that i would be 6ft under by now ,i do hope  the G can get out of this mess they seem to have this problem cant get enough players had the same problem last year .Theygotsomereally good players this year they just needed someone older in the team to help them. I would like to see Chris KNIGHT who was in charge at St Austell last year dont know what happened tohim it seems they just went and replaced him i hope they get someone in  for SATURDAYS game vs Callington . I think the 2teams should merge the town isnt big enough for2 teams and Newquay have all the best players and good facilities think the G SHOULD THINK ABOUT IT

1 hour ago, Bazzer said:

Yes in these uncertain times I feel a fine and 3 points deducted is not the answer,  a week in football is a short time

and a rearranged match would have been a better solution.

You have a couple of winnable games coming up Tania and its upwards and onwards. 

The SWPL's hands are tied by NLS Rules (The Standardised Rules) which are explicit as to the procedures/penalties in these circumstances. The maximum fine is £1,000 but, in similar situations, the fines levied have been less than that.

28 minutes ago, John Mead said:

The SWPL's hands are tied by NLS Rules (The Standardised Rules) which are explicit as to the procedures/penalties in these circumstances. The maximum fine is £1,000 but, in similar situations, the fines levied have been less than that.

Sorry, misread the fine; £1,000 is for withdrawing from the League. Maximum for not fulfilling a fixture is £250 - but again, wouldn't expect a maximum fine.

The League cannot choose which rules to enforce and the fines, plus other sanctions are in place to act as a deterrent.

12 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Watching the G  and Newquay without that i would be 6ft under by now ,i do hope  the G can get out of this mess they seem to have this problem cant get enough players had the same problem last year .Theygotsomereally good players this year they just needed someone older in the team to help them. I would like to see Chris KNIGHT who was in charge at St Austell last year dont know what happened tohim it seems they just went and replaced him i hope they get someone in  for SATURDAYS game vs Callington . I think the 2teams should merge the town isnt big enough for2 teams and Newquay have all the best players and good facilities think the G SHOULD THINK ABOUT IT

Hi 100% , hope you are well, was sorry to hear about your partner and hope you are managing to get to a few games with Smokie. Appreciate your kind words but the only team I would or could ever manage I was lucky enough to do twice at St Austell, the club and I had always planned for Sparks to take over this season and what a fantastic job he and the team are doing, they are so good to watch. I'm really enjoying just being a supporter.

Godolphin is a great club run by great people and I'm sure someone will take the job  as the facilities and backing are second to none, good luck to them. 

All the best, Knighter. 

Thanks Chris im having good and bad days still struggling at times ,im trying to watch as football  as i can pity your not still managing your a great manager and you would fit in well at the G .Im glad you are enjoying yor football will look out for you when imdown St Austell next .

Take Care

All the best fromme and Smokie

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - WEDNESDAY 21 OCTOBER 2020
14 hours ago, Themanhimself said:

Heard Mr Massey has left helston. Any truth in this?

Posting to confirm Steve Massey is still very much involved with Helston Athletic Football Club.

Steve has been absent from recent matches having experienced heavy flu like symptoms. 

In line with Government guidelines, and as a precautionary measure, Steve has, and continues too, self isolate.

All at Helston Athletic Football Club send Steve their best wishes for a speedy recovery. 

On 19/10/2020 at 16:44, leedsunited said:

Get Lowry back there. Jamie & Phil, they would get a competitive side together. Newquay will probably start playing Phil abit more now panicking if not he might leave? 

Nows the time to ask for an extra few quid Phil, they won't want to lose you now! 😂

Good luck G, some wonderful people behind the scenes at the club. Get the Lowrys back to save your season

Bless you Terry,

I love your Newquay rants :D it keeps me entertained.... 

On 19/10/2020 at 21:28, 100%cornish said:

I hope Godolphin come good, the rivalry is great for both clubs and the town, not to mention the league. There is however, no intention of merging Newquay AFC with Godolphin or anybody else. We have worked very hard with new officers and committee to stop the rot at Mount Wise and have started to turn the club around. With a fresh outlook and renewed optimism, we have a clear path to follow as Newquay AFC. A merger is not on the agenda in the short-term, or the long-term.

There is no reason why the town cannot host two teams. In Newton Abbot they have three clubs, Buckland Athletic, Spurs and Paignton Saints who are SWPL orientated, now having the facilities to do so. Then there are two rugby union clubs, one who play at a decent level. Newton is slightly bigger than Newquay, but not massively. 

Went along to priory Park last night despite alot of rain and wet pitch it proved to be a good game, lots of goals lots of tackles and some good play in spells, a draw was probably the right result Bodmin would have Been disappointed with coming away with nothing. But Helston will be disappointed they couldn't hold on for the 3 points. Good to see Liam eddy back to his best scored an absolute screamer in the 2nd half and I believe won the Helston penalty about 30 seconds into the first half. Ref yet again had a poor night never had control of the game, made some poor decisions, when the Helston keeper gave away a penalty for a blatant foul he didn't even get a card. Penalty was then blasted over the bar by Jennings. Alot of moaning and groaning from both sides. Overall a good game to watch worth the 5 quid despite the rain 

51 minutes ago, Footballlover442 said:

Went along to priory Park last night despite alot of rain and wet pitch it proved to be a good game, lots of goals lots of tackles and some good play in spells, a draw was probably the right result Bodmin would have Been disappointed with coming away with nothing. But Helston will be disappointed they couldn't hold on for the 3 points. Good to see Liam eddy back to his best scored an absolute screamer in the 2nd half and I believe won the Helston penalty about 30 seconds into the first half. Ref yet again had a poor night never had control of the game, made some poor decisions, when the Helston keeper gave away a penalty for a blatant foul he didn't even get a card. Penalty was then blasted over the bar by Jennings. Alot of moaning and groaning from both sides. Overall a good game to watch worth the 5 quid despite the rain 

Yet more controversy. I hope someone can explain why the H gk was not sent off! DJ clean through, rounds the keeper who takes his legs, no card and DJ blasts the pen over the bar. Gk gets away with murder. Would probably have spoilt what turned out to be a very interesting contest but that takes cheating to a whole new level. Eddy was excellent, his first goal was much better than the second, bring the ball down from midair and striking  it sublimely. Good entertainment on a difficult surface.

5 minutes ago, baldy said:

Yet more controversy. I hope someone can explain why the H gk was not sent off! DJ clean through, rounds the keeper who takes his legs, no card and DJ blasts the pen over the bar. Gk gets away with murder. Would probably have spoilt what turned out to be a very interesting contest but that takes cheating to a whole new level. Eddy was excellent, his first goal was much better than the second, bring the ball down from midair and striking  it sublimely. Good entertainment on a difficult surface.

There was a defender back alongside the keeper, and as the keeper made an attempt to play the ball it was only ever going to be a yellow card if any.

9 minutes ago, baldy said:

How can you call it cheating - where is the deceit?  Sounds like, from your description, that it was a blatant foul and the laws of the game were perhaps not enforced. The keeper was punished with a penalty against him but I don't expect that he asked the ref to send him off - not then the keepers fault that DJ missed the goal completely. Perhaps he should stick to playing records...….