Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - WEDNESDAY 21 OCTOBER 2020

14 minutes ago, BryJayLew said:

There was a defender back alongside the keeper, and as the keeper made an attempt to play the ball it was only ever going to be a yellow card if any.

Disagree. It would have been a simple tap in. Keeper no where near the ball.

2 hours ago, baldy said:

Yet more controversy. I hope someone can explain why the H gk was not sent off! DJ clean through, rounds the keeper who takes his legs, no card and DJ blasts the pen over the bar. Gk gets away with murder. Would probably have spoilt what turned out to be a very interesting contest but that takes cheating to a whole new level. Eddy was excellent, his first goal was much better than the second, bring the ball down from midair and striking  it sublimely. Good entertainment on a difficult surface.

If jordan pickford didn't get sent off for the tackle on Van Dyk ,then what hope is there at this level ?

2 hours ago, iand said:

I meant the incident in the 2nd half , commentator on the highlights package at first thought GK  took Jack out,(other incident was 1st half, by a defender)

Seen that back from footage we had. A good 50-50 from both players. We appealed for a penalty like you do but it would have been harsh. 

15 hours ago, iand said:

I meant the incident in the 2nd half , commentator on the highlights package at first thought GK  took Jack out,(other incident was 1st half, by a defender)

It was a coming together and I’ve certainly seen them given! When the ref blew I did think it might have been for a pen, but soon realised he had given a free-kick to Sam!

Could have gone either way and so not so sure Sam “got away with it”!