Bodmin Town            P-P          Newquay

Launceston         P-P          Sticker

Liskeard Ath       2-3      Wendron United

St Blazey              4-0       Camelford

St Dennis             P-P          Dobwalls

15:00   

Penzance     0-5        Wadebridge Town

23 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Someone’s phone must have been  busy for liskeard this morning soon as other team  games were cancelled. ( get the ringers in ). 

Liskeard building a team, whereas Wendron are building a club. The club tends to win in the long run. However, no rules broken, many managers do it, and it’s their decision, so good luck to them, if that’s the path they wish to go   down.

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

Someone’s phone must have been  busy for liskeard this morning soon as other team  games were cancelled. ( get the ringers in ). 

Yes and they still lost. Lol. Mr Embarrassing in the Liskeard technical area shouting as per usual 🙄. To be fair Liskeard should of won, missed loads of chances and a open goal. 

Another episode of  ‘shaun edge show’ today. Gives a ludicrous penalty to wendron first half (defender played the ball then the players collided) bookings galore as usual and then topped it off with the 40 pound top up red card after 90th minute whistle. How is he still reffing at that level, assessed again today.. hopefully they see the light soon or maybe the Cornish FA love the income he brings😃

4 hours ago, Paul said:

St Blazey v Camelford. 

Kick off 2.15pm.

Fingers crossed the pitch holds up today. 

Screenshot_20230107_131802_Gallery.jpg

Beautiful pitch. I've never been there (passed it on the bus), but I've always wanted to go.

St Blazey 4  - 0 Camelford

AFC St. Austell 1 - 2 Mullion

Liskeard Athletic 2 - 3 Wendron United

West:

Penzance 0 -5 Wadebridge Town

St.Blazey 4-0 Camelford

Well done to Sweeter, Paul and the lads for getting the game on to start with, pitch held up fairly well although spoke to Laffs quickly afterwards and he said it cut up quite a bit at the end at the river side by the dug outs, always been a bit heavier over that side. Didn’t see all the game to be honest, watched the end of the fa cup dinner time games before venturing out! Camelford looked well organised as they always are under Reg but were just missing that cutting edge up front as he said after. Marksy opened the scoring, good to see him back at Blazey, deserves to be playing in a top side with his ability. Three late goals really, to put a bit more gloss on the scoreline. All good finishes with River Allen’s strike the pick with a rasping drive high into the net. Andy Watkins looked sharp when he came on last 20/25 minutes, what a signing that could prove to be between now and May!? Still part of the Kernow FA set up and it was nice to see Braggy who did so much to make it all happen. Lovely to see Tania there watching son Shaun in goal for Blazey, sad week for all Cornish football followers seeing Godolphin pull out the league after their fantastic rise up through Cornish football. Sounds like Tania is determined to see them back playing again next season which is great news and no more than she deserves after all her fantastic hard work over so many years. Brilliant as well to see Mark Pratton back in football after virtually saving Millbrook himself a few years back with all his expertise pulling the club out the doldrums. Top football bloke be a real asset to Blazey. Even saw Mr Ray Rowe another fine gent who has served Cornish football in several capacities for about the last 60 years I reckon on his way out at the end. I’ve probably missed someone but it’s always great to catch up with that fine Cornish football community where there’s loads of top people still enjoying a match on a Saturday afternoon. Good stuff 👍👏🏼

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 7 January 2023
2 hours ago, Devils@Dusk said:

Beautiful pitch. I've never been there (passed it on the bus), but I've always wanted to go.

St Blazey 4  - 0 Camelford

AFC St. Austell 1 - 2 Mullion

Liskeard Athletic 2 - 3 Wendron United

West:

Penzance 0 -5 Wadebridge Town

great win for Mullion!

1 hour ago, Cornishtribute said:

Another episode of  ‘shaun edge show’ today. Gives a ludicrous penalty to wendron first half (defender played the ball then the players collided) bookings galore as usual and then topped it off with the 40 pound top up red card after 90th minute whistle. How is he still reffing at that level, assessed again today.. hopefully they see the light soon or maybe the Cornish FA love the income he brings😃

What a surprise, Liskeard moaning when a result doesn’t go their way 😴

1 hour ago, BrummyBarry said:

I wonder if this person will name and shame any of the Liskeard players who were below par today or will they just pick on the ref as it's the easy and in thing to do 

Not good enough today in certain areas,  chances not taken, Wendron played like they were 3 nil down for 90 minutes,  that was the difference. 

When you are in front of goal under little or  no pressure, you have to put the ball in the back of the net.

Well played Wendron,  a good game to watch.

MQx

2 hours ago, BrummyBarry said:

I wonder if this person will name and shame any of the Liskeard players who were below par today or will they just pick on the ref as it's the easy and in thing to do 

Liskeard very depleted at the moment, and have been unlucky with injury, but stupid with suspension, with keeper Luke Gwillam, winger James Lorenz both on the shelf with knee injuries. James Rowe, Macauley Thorp, Harry Bell (just signed for Mousehole) and now Max Gilbert who got a red card after the final whistle today.  Their discipline hasn’t been good at all, which has cost them dearly.

But that’s no excuse, an 11 was fielded today that could have won the game! Plenty of chances but couldn’t convert. Liskeard poor in areas and didn’t seem to want it enough. Darren Gilbert in blues dugout today, with rumours he is now moving with them full time. Wendron outfought and outthought Liskeard today to gain a very valuable 3 points, well played the dron. 

Great result for Wendron.  Liskeard bringing in Callum O-Brien from Saltash and Tyler Elliott from Helston to no avail. Still don't believe this kind of thing really works and Wendron seem to be doing ok without it. Didn't do Bodmin much good either over the last few years and can't be good for the morale of the team.

Result today could have been different had liskeard taken their chances and had more luck, such as hitting the woodwork twice. However, Wendron always look like they have more in the tank if needed.

29 minutes ago, Football Follower 456 said:

Liskeard very depleted at the moment, and have been unlucky with injury, but stupid with suspension, with keeper Luke Gwillam, winger James Lorenz both on the shelf with knee injuries. James Rowe, Macauley Thorp, Harry Bell (just signed for Mousehole) and now Max Gilbert who got a red card after the final whistle today.  Their discipline hasn’t been good at all, which has cost them dearly.

But that’s no excuse, an 11 was fielded today that could have won the game! Plenty of chances but couldn’t convert. Liskeard poor in areas and didn’t seem to want it enough. Darren Gilbert in blues dugout today, with rumours he is now moving with them full time. Wendron outfought and outthought Liskeard today to gain a very valuable 3 points, well played the dron. 

A much better way of putting an opinion across here.so can I ask because I really don't like seeing refs named and called out on here because there won't defend themselves their colleagues won't defend them so they get hung out to dry. My questions are did he affect the game as much as is suggested, was the red card after the game justified and is naming and shaming him on here just a way of defecting a poor performance by Liskeard? I've not seen this guy ref before but I've seen his name a few times and when I asked a ref about him he said that the ref had been at this level for some time so he must be doing something right 

6 minutes ago, BrummyBarry said:

A much better way of putting an opinion across here.so can I ask because I really don't like seeing refs named and called out on here because there won't defend themselves their colleagues won't defend them so they get hung out to dry. My questions are did he affect the game as much as is suggested, was the red card after the game justified and is naming and shaming him on here just a way of defecting a poor performance by Liskeard? I've not seen this guy ref before but I've seen his name a few times and when I asked a ref about him he said that the ref had been at this level for some time so he must be doing something right 

The referee in question didn’t cover himself in great glory today but it was the same for both teams. Wendron penalty wasn’t a penalty, as the Liskeard defender won the ball, which they obviously went 1-0 up from, and set the tone of the game.

The best way of putting it I think, is that Mr Edge has a reputation around the county, and this reputation isn’t too far wrong. A lot of card giving, and inconsistency, however there is a common theme of ‘im the man in charge here’ with him. I’ve heard on occasion, foul language used to players by him, however when they say the same type of language back, he books them or sends them off, as was seen today after the final whistle, which isn’t on really. It should be the same both ways, treat how you want to be treated, I think that’s why players get so frustrated.

don’t think it was a poor performance from liskeard at all, on another day all them chances go in, the blues dominated the first half, the penalty changed the game and it was absolutely not one. wendron a very well organised team and took the chances simple as that. once everyone’s back fit for liskeard they will come back right into it plenty of games left yet and they do have games in hand on most of the teams above. 

2 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Darren Gilbert now  part of the liskeard management team and certain ringers pulled in from other teams to help out in games seem awfully familiar 🤔

However only 2 Western League players, one played from the start, the other only for probably the last quarter. Not going to make too much difference.

Seeing all the comments from this page for the game between liskaerd v wendron i will comment being a neutral.

I paid my entrance fee and it was worth every penny.

I thinking aiming all you comments at the referee is totally unfair.

In my view it was a penalty kick as i think the liskaerd player bundled him over and i was stood by the canteen. Ifyou dont think.it was well why give the chance to award the pen.to the refetee.

Liskaerd should of been out of sight the amount of chances they had. The number 10 i believe dj had 4 one on ones and missed them. Also ping pong 3 times and hit the cross bar 3 times and this was all the referees fault as liskaerd couldnt finished and thd had ringers in too!!! I see they dont blame him they blame the referee as an escape goat.

Iam with the referee on the sending off as max gilbert was told at least 5 times to shutup and walk away as he was saying all the swear words in the dictonary to mr shaun edge. So he was was warned but could not shut up and i even herd it from the stand. What is the referee ment to do.

Aldo im lead to beleive that after in thd changing rooms the two teams had a to to as liskaerd couldnt lose in the right way.

I just think liskaers using the referee as an escape goat and if they finished there chances would of won easily.

It was well worth the entrance fee but i do think with the ringers and eady chances liskaerd had its 3 points gone.

4 hours ago, soccer fan said:

Seeing all the comments from this page for the game between liskaerd v wendron i will comment being a neutral.

In my view it was a penalty kick as i think the liskaerd player bundled him over and i was stood by the canteen. Ifyou dont think.it was well why give the chance to award the pen.to the refetee.

Liskaerd should of been out of sight the amount of chances they had. The number 10 i believe dj had 4 one on ones and missed them. Also ping pong 3 times and hit the cross bar 3 times and this was all the referees fault as liskaerd couldnt finished and thd had ringers in too!!! I see they dont blame him they blame the referee as an escape goat.

Iam with the referee on the sending off as max gilbert was told at least 5 times to shutup and walk away as he was saying all the swear words in the dictonary to mr shaun edge. So he was was warned but could not shut up and i even herd it from the stand. What is the referee ment to do.

Aldo im lead to beleive that after in thd changing rooms the two teams had a to to as liskaerd couldnt lose in the right way.

I just think liskaers using the referee as an escape goat and if they finished there chances would of won easily.

It was well worth the entrance fee but i do think with the ringers and eady chances liskaerd had its 3 points gone.

If you’re going to create a fake profile and come on here to praise yourself Shaun then you should probably make it a bit less obvious.

99% of your previous posts are all commenting on games where you were the ref. Not the smartest are you?

Liskeard 2 v Wendron 3

I imagine a good game for the neutral. We were never at the races in terms of performance, and credit to Liskeard for that. 
In reality, they should’ve been 2 up before the penalty and had further chances after. 
I can see the argument against the pen, but from my position it looked more of a penalty than not. I think it’s one of those that may be harsh but you could argue both ways. 
As for the yellow cards as mentioned, there were a few but I think all on both sides were yellows. 
I actually thought that Liskeard’s second goal was offside so perhaps these things balance themselves out and I remember Liskeard being awarded a controversial penalty in our Walter Parsons fixture earlier this season. 

Didn’t see what led to the sending off but if accurate report on language being used and the tone of it, then why should the official stand for it. 

Positively, great work from Liskeard in getting the fixture played and I don’t think the pitch was too bad afterwards. Good hospitality too after the game in the clubhouse. They played some good football in difficult conditions. 
All the best for the rest of the season. 

I see from the club’s Facebook page that their goalkeeper “Rob Rosevear kept his 12th clean sheet for the team this season, (11 Lge 1 Cup), a new record for the club in the SWPL era, beating the previous record held by Tom Vercoe (9 Lge 2 Cup) established way back in the 2012-13 Season.”

8 hours ago, soccer fan said:

An escape goat 🐐 

You must be kidding .

St.Austell 1 Mullion 2.

No reports on any of the Social Outlets (that I can source ) on how the game went plus the state of the playing surface, both before and after the game.

Maybe someone can let us know  how the game panned out.

Must say the playing surface at St.Blazey yesterday was superb considering the rain we've had in the last couple of  days.

9 hours ago, soccer fan said:

Think you need to slow down and maybe use a comma from time to time, possibly spell check aswell👍🏼

Liskeard 2 Wendon 3

A few short points

The referee was poor but not the reason for the Blues loss, even if the ‘Dron penalty was very dubious.

Liskeard had enough chances to win two games. They could / should have had five by HT. They were unlucky with shots crashing against the upright and post.

Being without Lorenz and Rowe upfront a big miss, but the truth is they did play some excellent stuff. Play like that even under strength and most games will be won.

Give the ‘Dron some credit. They battled for everything and were dangerous on the break. A real togetherness with this side. Second half the flow of chances to the Blues were reduced. A very competent team are Wendron - top of the table for a reason!

Overall an excellent game of football. Disappointed Blues losing ground in the title race, but a game that was a great advert for the SWPL.

Well done Blues on having a playable pitch

I think LISKEARD will struggle to make the top 4 they have so many injuries and suspensions and yesterday they had Brodie Cole in goal , Callum OBrien at centre half young Finn Bartlett from the reserves at no9 who i rate highly and will go on to a higher level ,also on the bench for Liskeard yesterday where 2 ex G players in Coen Briggs and Connor Mc Carthy i also saw Tyler Elliot was on the bench think hes at Tavistock .

like i said in a previous post this is how i think the top 4 will look at the end of the season 1 ST BLAZEY   2 WENDRON 3 WADEBRIDGE 4 NEWQUAY all 4 teams are on form at the moment and LISKEARD have to many players out .

Darren Gilbert is usually at the reserve games watching his son Will play and helping Jon Colenzo out i would of watched them play at Newquay Academy yesterday if it had not been called off .

You have got to give Paul Credit for the wonderful work he does at Blazey and got to be the best pitch in the County i will be there next Saturday to see them play Newquay should be a hell of a game looking forward to the battlle in midfield Cam Turner vs River Allen2 of the best passes of the ball in the league and they score pretty good goals as well . Just hope the match goes ahead and is no rained off 

Have a good week everybody and be nice to referees but i agree with the reports about a certain referee he does like dishing the cards and i dont think i have ever seen him have a good game but without them we wouldnt have a match to watch but some do like to use there whistle a lot but the majority of refs i have seen this year have been excellent ,but the 1 at Wadebridge vs Bude was poor he would overule the lady linesperson time afer time 

11 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Fair enough. If you feel strongly about it perhaps you should mention it to the people in authority.

Whether I feel strongly about it or not it is insignificant Dave. I was simply answering another comment on the forum who asked me about a referees performance, if you look at my original post about the game I didn’t mention the referee once! And then followed it up by answering your question.

42 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

I think LISKEARD will struggle to make the top 4 they have so many injuries and suspensions and yesterday they had Brodie Cole in goal , Callum OBrien at centre half young Finn Bartlett from the reserves at no9 who i rate highly and will go on to a higher level ,also on the bench for Liskeard yesterday where 2 ex G players in Coen Briggs and Connor Mc Carthy i also saw Tyler Elliot was on the bench think hes at Tavistock .

Liskeard will make top 4. At the moment they’ve been unlucky regarding injury and suspension/discipline hasn’t helped either which is obviously architectural of their own downfall. From what I heard yesterday James Lorenz and GK Luke Gwillam don’t expect to be back until at least February, which isn’t ideal for the blues.

They’re going through a rut at the moment but will be back soon, and at the end of the season, I fully expect Liskeard to get promoted and possibly have a trophy in either cup (1/4 final in both) in their hands. 

1 hour ago, Football Follower 456 said:

Whether I feel strongly about it or not it is insignificant Dave. I was simply answering another comment on the forum who asked me about a referees performance, if you look at my original post about the game I didn’t mention the referee once! And then followed it up by answering your question.

Liskeard will make top 4. At the moment they’ve been unlucky regarding injury and suspension/discipline hasn’t helped either which is obviously architectural of their own downfall. From what I heard yesterday James Lorenz and GK Luke Gwillam don’t expect to be back until at least February, which isn’t ideal for the blues.

They’re going through a rut at the moment but will be back soon, and at the end of the season, I fully expect Liskeard to get promoted and possibly have a trophy in either cup (1/4 final in both) in their hands. 

Despite losing yesterday Liskeard played really well. Injuries and suspensions are hurting them at the moment. The title looks a tall order now, but I will be beyond stunned if they don’t make top 4. 

At full strength and on form Liskeard are the best side in the league, iMO.

I think Blazey, Wendron, Liskeard and W’bridge will be too 4. The only side outside of these who night sneak into a promotion spot is Newquay.

2 hours ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Liskeard 2 Wendon 3

A few short points

The referee was poor but not the reason for the Blues loss, even if the ‘Dron penalty was very dubious.

Liskeard had enough chances to win two games. They could / should have had five by HT. They were unlucky with shots crashing against the upright and post.

Being without Lorenz and Rowe upfront a big miss, but the truth is they did play some excellent stuff. Play like that even under strength and most games will be won.

Give the ‘Dron some credit. They battled for everything and were dangerous on the break. A real togetherness with this side. Second half the flow of chances to the Blues were reduced. A very competent team are Wendron - top of the table for a reason!

Overall an excellent game of football. Disappointed Blues losing ground in the title race, but a game that was a great advert for the SWPL.

Well done Blues on having a playable pitch

59119990-8F84-4DC4-8A32-95E18FE10140.thumb.jpeg.e4ae9eaa8282b87700017ed7d032a162.jpeg

Ground maintenance team repairing Lux Park this morning ready for next Saturday, without these volunteers we’d all have nothing to criticise Saturday evenings on here 😂

1 hour ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Despite losing yesterday Liskeard played really well. Injuries and suspensions are hurting them at the moment. The title looks a tall order now, but I will be beyond stunned if they don’t make top 4. 

At full strength and on form Liskeard are the best side in the league, iMO.

I think Blazey, Wendron, Liskeard and W’bridge will be too 4. The only side outside of these who night sneak into a promotion spot is Newquay.

we will be fine, been a tough month with all these players out but we will get through it like we have done as a loyal squad over the years️ on another day that’s 3 points if we took the chances, on to millbrook tuesday in the quarters💙

2 hours ago, Football Follower 456 said:

Apologies if I misunderstood you. I read your post as if you are having a problem with the bad language!