Ivybridge Town                 2-0          Holsworthy

Newton Abbot Spurs      2-1            Cullompton Rangers

Plymouth Marjon             0-3          Okehampton Argyle

Sidmouth Town                0-3          Elburton Villa

Stoke Gabriel & Torbay Police     1-7            Elmore

Torpoint Athletic              4-0          Ottery St Mary

SWPL

WEST

Bodmin Town                   4-0             Godolphin Atlantic (Newquay)

Dobwalls                             1-4            Falmouth Town

Liskeard Athletic               3-2             Wendron United

Newquay                            3-1         Penryn Athletic

Penzance                            2-1            Callington Town

St Austell                             4-0           Sticker

St Dennis                            0-4             Camelford

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS Saturday 18 September 2021

Fair play to Newquay today, thought they had a great game. Can’t believe they didn’t score more than 3 to be honest. Penryn didn’t seem like they were in it at all, especially in the first half. Perhaps it’s time for a little change up, whether that be the players or the manager🤔 

Callington vs Penzance. Wow just wow  what’s going on with Cally thought they were easily a top 6 side. Someone send that message in pls 😂 🤦‍♂️from the Cally group chat start of the season 🤦‍♂️Manager banned for 111 days and only on 4 points 2nd bottom absolute shambles really ! gone backwards 

27 minutes ago, Slidetackletechnician said:

Callington vs Penzance. Wow just wow  what’s going on with Cally thought they were easily a top 6 side. Someone send that message in pls 😂 🤦‍♂️from the Cally group chat start of the season 🤦‍♂️Manager banned for 111 days and only on 4 points 2nd bottom absolute shambles really ! gone backwards 

What has Mr Hayden done to get a lengthy ban?

12 hours ago, CornishFan95 said:

Fair play to Newquay today, thought they had a great game. Can’t believe they didn’t score more than 3 to be honest. Penryn didn’t seem like they were in it at all, especially in the first half. Perhaps it’s time for a little change up, whether that be the players or the manager🤔 

On 11/09/2021 at 22:22, CornishFan95 said:

I don’t think Penryn have really got going these past few weeks anyway have they? Disagree slightly Rappo regarding your opinion on the ref, I’ve watched Liam a few times and think he’s a top lad. He did well today. There aren’t many refs out there these days that will show a card for an obvious foul/tackle. Maybe it’s time for some new fresh faces at the mighty Penryn Fc.

CornishFan95, becoming a bit of a theme you asking for changes at Penryn? You after the job cos you seem to watch them home and away more than I do!? 🤔 But obviously not as a supporter? You commented after the Sticker game last Saturday, nothing after the 4-1 win at Penzance in midweek, then another comment after yesterday’s Newquay game! I’m 520 miles away so can’t comment on yesterday myself, but with the same manager, quite a few of the same core of players this team in the last 6 years since I’ve watched them regularly have won the Trelawny Premier league, got promoted then went on to win the combo league, combo league cup and evely cup. Got promoted again and won the St.Piran league cup and were clear top of the west division as well when the season got null and voided. Got promoted AGAIN and are now holding their own and competing in the SWPL, the top level of Cornish football and are currently above the bottom 5 despite having 3 points deducted for poor old Port which I would consider another success in their first season at this level. Think the manager and players deserve massive praise and credit myself looking at where they’ve come from and where they are now all in 6 years!!! Be interested to know where you think better players or managers will come from at this level seeing they’re not getting paid, they play for their manager, mates and the club. If you can bring in lads who do a better job than that over the next 6 seasons good luck to you!! This is just my opinion of course!!! 😁👍

8 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

CornishFan95, becoming a bit of a theme you asking for changes at Penryn? You after the job cos you seem to watch them home and away more than I do!? 🤔 But obviously not as a supporter? You commented after the Sticker game last Saturday, nothing after the 4-1 win at Penzance in midweek, then another comment after yesterday’s Newquay game! I’m 520 miles away so can’t comment on yesterday myself, but with the same manager, quite a few of the same core of players this team in the last 6 years since I’ve watched them regularly have won the Trelawny Premier league, got promoted then went on to win the combo league, combo league cup and evely cup. Got promoted again and won the St.Piran league cup and were clear top of the west division as well when the season got null and voided. Got promoted AGAIN and are now holding their own and competing in the SWPL, the top level of Cornish football and are currently above the bottom 5 despite having 3 points deducted for poor old Port which I would consider another success in their first season at this level. Think the manager and players deserve massive praise and credit myself looking at where they’ve come from and where they are now all in 6 years!!! Be interested to know where you think better players or managers will come from at this level seeing they don’t get paid, they play for their manager and mates and the club. This is just my opinion of course!!! 😁👍

I grew up in penryn Rappo hence why I watch Penryn play if they’re at home. I never made the midweek game down at penzance due to working away but thank you for your concern. I never said they haven’t achieved anything these past 6 years I just don’t personally feel they are coping well in the higher league? Haven’t you only started watching them since your son began playing for them anyway? Nice to see you back on the forum anyway after last weeks fiasco. 

Yeah thanks, Penryn were away yesterday though 🤔 I’m not concerned to be honest, I think they’re doing quite well and have competed in every game I’ve watched, even at Falmouth creating 5 or 6 decent chances against a top side. Think they all realised they’re not used to losing and would have to do that quite a bit in this league this season, maybe judge them at the end of their first season at this standard? No, been watching them for 6 seasons quite regularly, Jack played for Carharrack at 16 in his first ever match and season in men’s football when they won the Trelawny Premier league and loved it there with a lot of the same lads and manager 🏆👍️ But this is a forum and everyone is entitled to their own opinions, just not about referees decisions it appears!! 😂

2 hours ago, RAPPO said:

But this is a forum and everyone is entitled to their own opinions, just not about referees decisions it appears!! 😂

Haven’t you picked your toys up yet? 

You criticised a referee and some people disagreed with you. No chastising, no witch hunt, just a difference of opinions that you clearly couldn’t cope with.

Now you’re the one clinging onto that when everyone else has moved on.

You might be one of the nicest guys in Cornish football but you’re not the most mature it would seem.

I would agree with Rappo on this topic. I have also watched Penryn play several times this season ( including yesterday’s game against Newquay) and would say that, on the whole, they have competed well against some very good teams . The first season in this league was always going to be difficult but  Penryn have some good players and I feel that if they can continue to work together as a team , not let things unravel and continue to try to play the football that they know they can then they should have a decent first season 

2 hours ago, CornishFan95 said:

I grew up in penryn Rappo hence why I watch Penryn play if they’re at home. I never made the midweek game down at penzance due to working away but thank you for your concern. I never said they haven’t achieved anything these past 6 years I just don’t personally feel they are coping well in the higher league? Haven’t you only started watching them since your son began playing for them anyway? Nice to see you back on the forum anyway after last weeks fiasco. 

If you watch and grew up in penryn , you’ll remember where this club was before this fella came in , where he’s got the clubs a million miles away from where they were. Are they in a position to go and get top end players in this league yet , probably not but the manager and players there are more than good enough to cope in this league they’ll finish between 10th and 15th if they stay together and that’s a decent enough first season .

1 hour ago, FootballChat said:

Haven’t you picked your toys up yet? 

You criticised a referee and some people disagreed with you. No chastising, no witch hunt, just a difference of opinions that you clearly couldn’t cope with.

Now you’re the one clinging onto that when everyone else has moved on.

You might be one of the nicest guys in Cornish football but you’re not the most mature it would seem.

It was a joke, at my own expense, hence the laughing amoji. 🙄  Very much moved on thanks and im mature enough to put my opinions on here using my real name 👍️. If you’re after a little bite you’ll have to try someone else, I’m on holiday! 😂 Best of luck with the injury Mike, stick your feet up and rest up mate 👍

1 hour ago, Magic Mike said:

Just to say after being stretchered of after 40 mins vs st austell yesterday im home and awaiting an op in a couple of days to reattach my ruptured left patella tendon.. 

I am defo now retired. 

Mike Andrew. 

Mike - I watched the game and it didn’t look good. Hope the Op goes well - age and injuries eventually catch up with us all. 

Good luck in your retirement

9 minutes ago, golong said:

Falmouth running away with it, with Mousehole Helston etc moving up I feel the league this year especially for the top spots has become less competitive? 

golong - can’t agree for a couple of reasons. First one is this years Falmouth team are IMO better than those teams who have recently been promoted. A couple of years work by Westy has brought together a very strong squad. Second reason is that not that many top players have actually left the league - look at the players who made Helston invincible a couple of seasons back - still playing SWPL or the squads at St Blazey / Bodmin - same players as have been in SWPL for several seasons. The difference is 10 or so of there other teams have got better. On any given weekend any team can take points off each other (perhaps excluding Falmouth at the mo) - surely it is more competitive? Surely by your reckoning every league gets weaker when the better teams get promoted - it’s the way of football. I still think the top six in SWPL Could give a lot of teams in the Western league a hard game - the way it has always been. 
There are worries about maintaining good teams who will do well when promoted - but some clubs are working towards that - Liskeard / Wendron / Camelford / Wadebridge / Dobwalls  etc. to name a few - as spectators I actually believe things are getting better with more competitive matches. 

43 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

golong - can’t agree for a couple of reasons. First one is this years Falmouth team are IMO better than those teams who have recently been promoted. A couple of years work by Westy has brought together a very strong squad. Second reason is that not that many top players have actually left the league - look at the players who made Helston invincible a couple of seasons back - still playing SWPL or the squads at St Blazey / Bodmin - same players as have been in SWPL for several seasons. The difference is 10 or so of there other teams have got better. On any given weekend any team can take points off each other (perhaps excluding Falmouth at the mo) - surely it is more competitive? Surely by your reckoning every league gets weaker when the better teams get promoted - it’s the way of football. I still think the top six in SWPL Could give a lot of teams in the Western league a hard game - the way it has always been. 
There are worries about maintaining good teams who will do well when promoted - but some clubs are working towards that - Liskeard / Wendron / Camelford / Wadebridge / Dobwalls  etc. to name a few - as spectators I actually believe things are getting better with more competitive matches. 

Whilst it’s starting to be obvious that Falmouth will win the SWPL W make no mistake Bob, as we at Saltash are finding, winning 6/7 nil in SWPL is little consolation in Toolstation. Trust me, going to Bridgwater and literally being played off the park, and they’re not having a top season. Add in the industrial levels of tackles, injuries and  yes to a degree the travelling then it’s a very different time in Step 5. 

Take our first ten games- 2 of those have been brought forward by the league both away at Bitton and Brislington and we’ve been Clevedon and Bridgwater, Helston (midweek game!), games on Saturday and Monday and suddenly the Bon amie of SWPL is a long way away. You’re expected both on field and behind the scenes to be x10 more professional by the league and then the ground graders get involved! 

When you think we’ve had a settled good squad for years and we’ve had issues and had to sign players (injuries mostly) and you’ll see it’s a very different game higher up! 

2 minutes ago, Philheybrookbay said:

Whilst it’s starting to be obvious that Falmouth will win the SWPL W make no mistake Bob, as we at Saltash are finding, winning 6/7 nil in SWPL is little consolation in Toolstation. Trust me, going to Bridgwater and literally being played off the park, and they’re not having a top season. Add in the industrial levels of tackles, injuries and  yes to a degree the travelling then it’s a very different time in Step 5. 

Take our first ten games- 2 of those have been brought forward by the league both away at Bitton and Brislington and we’ve been Clevedon and Bridgwater, Helston (midweek game!), games on Saturday and Monday and the Bon amie of SWPL. You’re expected both on field and behind the scenes to be x10 more professional and then the ground graders get involved! 

When you think we’ve had a settled good squad for years and we’ve had issues and had to sign players (injuries mostly) and you’ll see it’s a very different game higher up! 

Philheybrookbay - didn’t mean to suggest it was easy moving up and is a challenge for all teams - just that it doesn’t mean all is soooo much poorer for those in the league below lol

40 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

Philheybrookbay - didn’t mean to suggest it was easy moving up and is a challenge for all teams - just that it doesn’t mean all is soooo much poorer for those in the league below lol

Understand. But if you think 8 out of 19 are ex SWPL sides in Western- add in 2 more after this season then you get to see where the clubs are heading. As much as I enjoyed Bitton and will enjoy Cadbury Heath and Keynsham - they’ll probably be moved to Hellenic soon to make space for the likes of Falmouth/Liskeard/Cameford/Brixham/Torpoint and Okehampton in the coming years. 

49 minutes ago, Philheybrookbay said:

Take our first ten games- 2 of those have been brought forward by the league both away at Bitton and Brislington and we’ve been Clevedon and Bridgwater, Helston (midweek game!), games on Saturday and Monday and suddenly the Bon amie of SWPL is a long way away. You’re expected both on field and behind the scenes to be x10 more professional by the league and then the ground graders get involved! 

Agree. Whilst the FA Vase showed that most SWPL could compete with any WL side on their day, there are no easy games in the WL. With the SWPL being a lower standard, there will be weeks where easier games occur, less intensity and more rotation can be made. Comparing a league season to a one off game isn’t a fair comparison. 

1 hour ago, Philheybrookbay said:

Be careful what you say - teams will be throwing the last 7 or 8 games so they don't get promoted again.....

On 19/09/2021 at 11:04, Magic Mike said:

Just to say after being stretchered of after 40 mins vs st austell yesterday im home and awaiting an op in a couple of days to reattach my ruptured left patella tendon.. 

I am defo now retired. 

Mike Andrew. 

We never got to meet Mike I was watching Sticker Reserves while you got that awful injury but I hope the op. goes ok and you have a swift recovery and thanks for helping us out! 

Ray Cackett(Sticker AFC Website Manager)

20 hours ago, baldy said:

And when the clubs were asked if they wanted a Step 5 league with Taunton as its Eastern border, the answer was NO.

And i’d say- times have changed since then. With 8 teams increasing to 9 or 10 next season, and with the prospect in years to come of a Eastern border of say Taunton then Step 5 is a pretty  good prospect.

Next you’ll be saying it’s ‘too far’. Well I guess you do turn right at Argentina and stop via Portugal.

Or is it the Taunton about 20 miles north of Cullompton or 15/20 min drive in West Somerset?

1 hour ago, Philheybrookbay said:

And i’d say- times have changed since then. With 8 teams increasing to 9 or 10 next season, and with the prospect in years to come of a Eastern border of say Taunton then Step 5 is a pretty  good prospect.

That Step 5 was a good prospect before so why did the clubs say NO? Buckland and eventually Tavvy and Exmouth took the leap. 
It is the FA that has pushed this idea, pretty much forcing 4 Cornish clubs plus Ilfracombe to move up. 
As for times changing, I would say the country is in a much worse state now, financially and health-wise.

I travel approximately 15,000 miles per season to watch footy and have done for the last 20 years.

4 minutes ago, baldy said:

That Step 5 was a good prospect before so why did the clubs say NO? Buckland and eventually Tavvy and Exmouth took the leap. 
It is the FA that has pushed this idea, pretty much forcing 4 Cornish clubs plus Ilfracombe to move up. 
As for times changing, I would say the country is in a much worse state now, financially and health-wise.

I travel approximately 15,000 miles per season to watch footy and have done for the last 20 years.

Forced? Try at least a couple of years planning and preparing, getting a squad that would challenge for promotion. No one prepared for a pandemic as the idea seemed remote but with grants available and sensible discussion when the opportunity arose we took it. And if we hadn’t, there were plenty below us who would have taken it. 

This idea that Cornwall is outside of the national league system is gone- most would say for the the better. In years to come you’ll have be step 5 to be in the FA Cup. The card the FA played was that if you win the SWPL you have to have a ruddy good reason to refuse promotion and by adding 4 teams from Cornwall the travelling idea is removed. 

Didnt St Austell try to go up before Parkway but failed ground grading? They’d pass now- as would most of SWPL teams as grants have filtered down.

There’s always one team which never talks about promotion but even they tried to go up to Western League in the late 70s/80s….

On 20/09/2021 at 17:53, razor61 said:

We never got to meet Mike I was watching Sticker Reserves while you got that awful injury but I hope the op. goes ok and you have a swift recovery and thanks for helping us out! 

Ray Cackett(Sticker AFC Website Manager)

Op was meant to be today. But no bed. Back again tomorrow.. 6 to 9 months recovery