Torridgeside                 6-2      Stoke Gabriel & Torbay Police

WEST

Camelford                    1-6      Falmouth Town

Dobwalls                      6-1         St Blazey

Newquay                      3-2         Launceston

Penryn Athletic            3-4         Sticker

Penzance                     6-1         St Dennis

FA VASE, 1st Qualifying Round

Bodmin Town               3-3      Crediton United (Bodmin win 5-3 on pens)

Elburton Villa               0-4        Welton Rovers

Godolphin Atlantic (Newquay)  1-3       Bovey Tracey

Saltash United              3-1        Cullompton Rangers

Torpoint Athletic          1-0      Callington Town

Torrington                    1-1       Bishop Lydeard (Bishop win 3-2 on pens)

Wadebridge Town        2-1      St Austell

Camelford 1-6 Falmouth

Camels scored first, Falmouth did not like it and for good players they argued everything. Falmouth scored from a set piece header to make it 1-1 at HT

Second half Camels started well but between 55 & 65 minted Falmouth scored 4 goals a break that looked offside, a stonewall penalty, another set piece header and a nice bit of footwork. Game over. Camels dominated for about 20 minutes but never challenged and Falmouth finished off will an Ollie Walker header - pick of the goals. 

Falmouth deserved to win - no excuses but score was flattering. 

Any team that beats a full strength Falmouth will win the league - but I don’t see it happening. 

Torpoint 1 Callington. 0

A pretty much 2nd string torpoint team(Richards and dammers on bench.. No hird.. Peters. Mccreery.. Hicks... Kershaw.. Thompson.. Paul. Heveran or John heveran) came out on top against an average Callington side. 

Goal scored by the centre back who used to be Peter Bradley but now looks like he's eaten Peter Bradley. 

Jake Miller again looked far above the rest of his side

Torpoint looked like they were trying to get knocked out to concentrate on league but cdnt manage it. 

Callington did lose their keeper after about 20 mins to be fair to them

Edited by Footy follower

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 11 September 2021

Went and watched Newquay win 3-2 vs Launceston , Launceston went 1-0 early in the game think it was the Waltz that scored for Launceston ,Newquay struggled for 40mins then Jack Bray Evans took over and scored just before half time .In the  2nd half Newquay really played well  it was really the Jack Bray Evans show he scored another and should of got his hat trick from the penalty spot but Launceston goalie Lewis Slade made a unbelievable save and also saved the follow up Ross Fallens also scored but i maybe wrong i was a long way away . Launceston played some great football and Ben Waters is a really good player and has a laugh with the  and ref hes a real character he should of scored vs Newquay Goalie Harry Ashton who had a fine game but the Waltz should of placed his shot but he decided to hit it hard and it went into the side netting but he still gave teh Newquay defence a hard afternoon .Launceston came back to make it 3-2 when the Newquay defence went to sleep from a corner i think a draw would of been a fair result for Dan Hart and his very good team .MOM FOR NEWQUAY BY A MILE JACK BRAY EVANS FOR LAUNCESTON GOALIE LEWIS SLADE well done Newquay hard luck Launceston .Not a bad crowd up there the ref and his assitants had very good game with my ex neighbour having a good game as usual but you made 1 mistake Anita you should of waved for a Launceston corner when the ball went well out i think the Launceston said some nice words to you and it wasnt well done Lino 

At the start of the season, there was a big debate over which league was harder east or west... Torpoint this week brush aside Dobwalls with ease who then went to beat Blazey 6-1, Torpoint then beat Callington with a 2nd string team. Bovey beat goldophin with ease, Crediton take title contenders bodmin to pens. Just shows both leagues are probably very similar, and no league is so called easier than the other as some people have stated. 

Having seen a few SWPL W and E sides, there’s little doubt E division is between Brixham and Torpoint. They’re heads above the rest. 

I haven’t seen Falmouth, but when they’re hitting teams for 6 and 7 then it’s clear they’re top team.

Back to today and Saltash 3 Cullompton 1. Chris Menhenick freekick and 2 Dave Barker penalties. Good debut by reserve striker Cameron Dymond who was unlucky not to score. Cullompton very angry with ref who had a good game imho. We were very awkward at points but unlike last season when we went out v Elburton on penalties- no real doubt of that today!

49 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Went and watched Newquay win 3-2 vs Launceston , Launceston went 1-0 early in the game think it was the Waltz that scored for Launceston ,Newquay struggled for 40mins then Jack Bray Evans took over and scored just before half time .In the  2nd half Newquay really played well  it was really the Jack Bray Evans show he scored another and should of got his hat trick from the penalty spot but Launceston goalie Lewis Slade made a unbelievable save and also saved the follow up Ross Fallens also scored but i maybe wrong i was a long way away . Launceston played some great football and Ben Waters is a really good player and has a laugh with the  and ref hes a real character he should of scored vs Newquay Goalie Harry Ashton who had a fine game but the Waltz should of placed his shot but he decided to hit it hard and it went into the side netting but he still gave teh Newquay defence a hard afternoon .Launceston came back to make it 3-2 when the Newquay defence went to sleep from a corner i think a draw would of been a fair result for Dan Hart and his very good team .MOM FOR NEWQUAY BY A MILE JACK BRAY EVANS FOR LAUNCESTON GOALIE LEWIS SLADE well done Newquay hard luck Launceston .Not a bad crowd up there the ref and his assitants had very good game with my ex neighbour having a good game as usual but you made 1 mistake Anita you should of waved for a Launceston corner when the ball went well out i think the Launceston said some nice words to you and it wasnt well done Lino 

Excellent report !! Exactly as I saw the game ! I was however very disappointed to see 17 children and a couple of parents playing football during the half-time interval on the pitch? I don’t think this is a very professional thing to have a going on at this level of football. It’s not the local park after all. To be honest there is enough football played on this pitch throughout the season with kids coaching etc……

if I was the groundsman I would be seething! No wonder the pitch looked battered and worn

The Sausage rolls were awesome though !!

Toilet Facilities on the day we’re really not up to standard. Two portaloos which are stinking and the clubhouse closed

2 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

Camelford 1-6 Falmouth

Camels scored first, Falmouth did not like it and for good players they argued everything. Falmouth scored from a set piece header to make it 1-1 at HT

Second half Camels started well but between 55 & 65 minted Falmouth scored 4 goals a break that looked offside, a stonewall penalty, another set piece header and a nice bit of footwork. Game over. Camels dominated for about 20 minutes but never challenged and Falmouth finished off will an Ollie Walker header - pick of the goals. 

Any team that beats a full strength Falmouth will win the league - but I don’t see it happening. 

Think your boys lost their discipline Bob, even Reg got booked and fitness 2nd half was a telling point .

54 minutes ago, Cornish76 said:

Good report 100% although I think it wasn’t a 3-2 game, Newquay could’ve had 5 today. For the first time this season I have to praise the referee, very good today especially 2nd half when things got abit more heated. Newquay missing a few important players still so will take the win.

are the any pictures from the game 100%?

He places the photos on Facebook CORNISH SOCCER page normally 

torpoint 1 callington 0 

someone else said in thread callington were average , do not agree with that , callington were all over torpoint 1st half  and should of scored 3 or 4 , maybe it was torpoints 2nd string why bother enter if you not interested  ,perhaps callington were thinking the same and decided to miss there chances lol,injury to keeper, callington defender had to go in goal ,  made a couple comical saves 2nd half,, which was good fun to watch ,and callington hit the  cross bar,torpoint had three chances and  scored once against  a stand in keeper, richards came on and did nothing! 

13 hours ago, tamar.man said:

torpoint 1 callington 0 

someone else said in thread callington were average , do not agree with that , callington were all over torpoint 1st half  and should of scored 3 or 4 , maybe it was torpoints 2nd string why bother enter if you not interested  ,perhaps callington were thinking the same and decided to miss there chances lol,injury to keeper, callington defender had to go in goal ,  made a couple comical saves 2nd half,, which was good fun to watch ,and callington hit the  cross bar,torpoint had three chances and  scored once against  a stand in keeper, richards came on and did nothing! 

Maybe because they had no other players available and thought there 2nds could beat callington and did so ??? Ooops 👀fair play torpoint for fulfilling the fixture could of pulled out and said can’t do it no players ! or covid like most but then done over the last few weeks ! done there duty and won .. fair play there second team they must be buzzzing 

15 hours ago, rocky170267 said:

Excellent report !! Exactly as I saw the game ! I was however very disappointed to see 17 children and a couple of parents playing football during the half-time interval on the pitch? I don’t think this is a very professional thing to have a going on at this level of football. It’s not the local park after all. To be honest there is enough football played on this pitch throughout the season with kids coaching etc……

if I was the groundsman I would be seething! No wonder the pitch looked battered and worn

The Sausage rolls were awesome though !!

Toilet Facilities on the day we’re really not up to standard. Two portaloos which are stinking and the clubhouse closed

Very fair we should of least got a point from today . But we didn’t , so have to look are selfs. We competed and definitely deserved something . last 30 mins only one team in init and had a few half chances I had one right at the end should of made the keeper work more .they had a few on the break but nothing Great game proper game. On to next week bounce back . May mention the ref had a i good game in a hard fought battle .. not sure about the lino tho it’s a very hard job but at least keep up with play 

Hit a beauty first 5 mins 👀🤙🤙 7 in 8 ️CAMAAN 💜💙

Cornish 76 i have just uploaded thpictures i took today to the CORNISH SOCCER SITE ON FACEBOOK . I thsedought for the 1st 40mins Launceston where the better side then when Jack Bray equalised Newquay where the best side , i missed the old toilets at the Mayfield end i could of done with them today after i was given these tablets down Hayle Hospital where i spent all morning thing the Cancer had come back but i was delighted its only Kidney Stone but bloody painful and was hard to get comfy watching the footy but i would have to be dead not to be at my footy . Sorry to hear the G lost today big match next week vs St Dennis they need to start winning all teh teams around them are winning going to be  a long old season again . See you Wed G and Newquay vs Penryn next Satday would of gone Bodmin to watch teh G Play there but no dog rule puts me off going there so its up mt wise to see RAPPOS team Penryn vs Newquay i will be taking lots of photos  Mark come and have a chat im by the away dugout i will try to hold Smokie back from attacking you because such a dangerous dog . Have a good week everyone enjoy your footy . Hope Leeds Utd is ok miss the banter with him 

53 minutes ago, tamar.man said:

torpoint 1 callington 0 

Sounds like a very bitter fan/player, maybe torpoint didn't have the availability, players might have been playing on injuries considering fixtures have been coming thick and fast. Cally obviously didn't take their chances and torpoint did. Fair play to the lads that stepped up and beat a full strength cally squad, must of wanted it more than them. 

PENRYN  (2)  3

STICKER (3)  4

ATT  96

REF   Liam Mankee  6/10

MOM  Alfie Flack (Sticker)

Not quite sure where to start really! Really weird game of football 🤔 Penryn beat Sticker 8-1 away bout a month ago but the Stickey got their revenge on a warm overcast afternoon at Kernick Road. The visitors had to call up 39 years and 9 months old Mike Andrew in goal as well for his belated SWPL debut after playing at most other levels of Cornish football and he acquitted himself well. You could probably understand if there was a tad of complacency in the Penryn line up but there was no signs of that as they went on the attack straight from the kick off and got off to the perfect start after 7 minutes when Jack Rapsey thundered a dipping 30 yard shot off the underside of the crossbar and Morgan Vallejo reacted quickest to clip the ball past Andrew. Within 5 minutes Sticker were level when somehow the hosts dangerman Alfie Flack ran clear of any defenders to round Adam Robarthan and roll the ball into an empty net. 3 minutes later Penryn captain Russell May did everything right heading Vallejo’s corner down into the ground but it bounced up and over the bar! James Daniell whipped in a cross to the near post and Ryan Reeve nipped in front the defender to flick home to put the hosts back in front after 22 minutes. On the half hour mark Sticker captain Rich Edworthy hit a 20 yard free kick which took a big clip off the end of the wall to wrong foot Robarthan and end up in the corner of the net. Just 3 minutes later the visitors took a surprise lead when big striker Joel Cockings headed on for Connor Cooke to shoot through a crowd of players again taking another big deflection on the way past the bemused keeper. Right on half time my joy at hearing Ronaldo had just put Utd 1-0 up was tempered somewhat when Jake Shaw smashed in a cross from the right which came off a defenders hand 🤚 about a foot away from his body. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t like those decisions when a defender is only 5 yards away blasted at him but that’s how it is these days, can understand how the ref missed it from his position but I was right in line with the Lino on the opposite side of the pitch and it was clear as a bell from there! Instead of going in HT level, you’re losing! I think Penryn manager Harry Pope agreed with me as he had a few words with the officials walking off the pitch at half time. They say you make your own luck in football but I ain’t seen Penryn getting any of their share yet in the games I’ve watched this season!? 

HT.     2-3

Within 3 minutes of the restart Reeve raced in behind the Sticker defence but his shot went just the wrong side of the far post. 5 minutes later Sonny Dover latched on to Vallejos underhit back pass only to shoot over from 15 yards. On 62 minutes it was Sticker again with a great chance but Robarthan saved well with his foot from the lively Flack who minutes later raced down the right but shot wide of the far post. 20 minutes from time Daniels far post cross saw Rapsey head just the wrong side of the post with Sticker breaking away again with Dover being denied by Robarthan in a one one situation. Penryn lost midfielder Billy Williams after a late tackle from behind which saw him limp off the pitch. No card given for that or another couple of bad through the back Achilles tackles but both sides were punished with 4 or 5 yellows that were awarded for little ankle clips which I found very strange? Great to see young refs out there at this level so won’t bang on about it but thought he was a bit quick to rip his card out his top pocket for nothing tackles and missed some of the more nasty clever ones that you are familiar with as an old ex player. I’m sure the County FA will love him, with all those fines going towards the xmas do!!! 🤔😲😁 Former top class referee Steve Lawrence was there assessing and I’m sure he might have mentioned maybe to just give himself some thinking time before whipping out nothing yellows quick as possible. 15 minutes from time Penryn equalised with a goal from which praise is due to the officials! 👏🏼 An Alex Hayhoe shot from 25 yards hit a defenders foot on the way through to Shaw who side footed home from 5 yards in a clear offside position. The Lino said straight away that the ball had come off the Sticker defender playing Shaw onside, so praise where it’s due for that! Penryn were knocking on the door without getting anything on target and Andrew handled well with a couple of crosses and low shots but with that Sticker were looking just as likely at the other end and with 7 minutes to go Flack drifted past three challenges before lifting the ball over Robarthan for a clever finish into the top corner and a worthy winning goal. Was it Greavsie that said “it’s a funny old game” Nice to see Keith Donnathorne before the game, his dad Monty has got the stand named after him at Burngullow. Fantastic work to the facilities done there and a club that do things properly on and off the pitch and spend their money wisely. 👏🏼️ Also spent 20 minutes of the 2nd half with my old West Cornwall Schools u14 strike partner Lee Harris, dad of Penryn midfielder Fraser. 40 years ago that was!! 😳😳 pretty scary thought! Remember us playing a London Schools u14 touring team at Falmouth and drawing 4-4 and we had 2 each. Their centre half was 14, was 6 ft 2 and had a full on beard!! Reckon he was the teacher filling in! 😂 Think we were both a bit scared at the time first 15 minutes!! 😁 Always great to see him though, top bloke! Reckon he was better than me at 13 but had some real bad luck with his knee, really held him back, can sympathise with Lee these days! Flacky will be delighted to pick up 3 points after a couple of heavy defeats and a narrow 0-1 defeat to Dobwalls who beat Blazey 6-1 today!! Never truer words said by Greavsie!! Popey will be disappointed tonight I’m sure after some encouraging performances from his team and very narrow defeats to Dobwalls and Camelford, two top 5 sides when last season was curtailed and also holding their own in the midweek local derby at champions in waiting Falmouth Town. The only good thing is the Penryn players can get it out their system with a trip to Penzance on Tuesday night and don’t have to dwell on today. Having said that Penzance beat St.Dennis 6-1 today!! 🤔😲😀️  Greavsie eh!! 🤔😁

21 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

PENRYN  (2)  3

STICKER (3)  4

ATT  96

REF   Liam Mankee  6/10

Not quite sure where to start really! Really weird game of football 🤔 Penryn beat Sticker 8-1 away bout a month ago but the Stickey got their revenge on a warm overcast afternoon at Kernick Road. The visitors had to call up 39 years and 9 months old Mike Andrew in goal as well for his belated SWPL debut after playing at most other levels of Cornish football and he acquitted himself well. You could probably understand if there was a tad of complacency in the Penryn line up but there was no signs of that as they went on the attack straight from the kick off and got off to the perfect start after 7 minutes when Jack Rapsey thundered a dipping 30 yard shot off the underside of the crossbar and Morgan Vallejo reacted quickest to clip the ball past Andrew. Within 5 minutes Sticker were level when somehow the hosts dangerman Alfie Flack ran clear of any defenders to round Adam Robarthan and roll the ball into an empty net. 3 minutes later Penryn captain Russell May did everything right heading Vallejo’s corner down into the ground but it bounced up and over the bar! James Daniell whipped in a cross to the near post and Ryan Reeve nipped in front the defender to flick home to put the hosts back in front after 22 minutes. On the half hour mark Sticker captain Rich Edworthy hit a 20 yard free kick which took a big clip off the end of the wall to wrong foot Robarthan and end up in the corner of the net. Just 3 minutes later the visitors took a surprise lead when big striker Joel Cockings headed on for Connor Cooke to shoot through a crowd of players again taking another big deflection on the way past the bemused keeper. Right on half time my joy at hearing Ronaldo had just put Utd 1-0 up was tempered somewhat when Jake Shaw smashed in a cross from the right which came off a defenders hand 🤚 about a foot away from his body. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t like those decisions when a defender is only 5 yards away blasted at him but that’s how it is these days, can understand how the ref missed it from his position but I was right in line with the Lino on the opposite side of the pitch and it was clear as a bell from there! Instead of going in HT level, you’re losing! I think Penryn manager Harry Pope agreed with me as he had a few words with the officials walking off the pitch at half time. They say you make your own luck in football but I ain’t seen Penryn getting any of their share yet in the games I’ve watched this season!? 

HT.     2-3

Within 3 minutes of the restart Reeve raced in behind the Sticker defence but his shot went just the wrong side of the far post. 5 minutes later Sonny Dover latched on to Vallejos underhit back pass only to shoot over from 15 yards. On 62 minutes it was Sticker again with a great chance but Robarthan saved well with his foot from the lively Flack who minutes later raced down the right but shot wide of the far post. 20 minutes from time Daniels far post cross saw Rapsey head just the wrong side of the post with Sticker breaking away again with Dover being denied by Robarthan in a one one situation. Penryn lost midfielder Billy Williams after a late tackle from behind which saw him limp off the pitch. No card given for that or another couple of bad through the back Achilles tackles but both sides were punished with 4 or 5 yellows that were awarded for little ankle clips which I found very strange? Great to see young refs out there at this level so won’t bang on about it but thought he was a bit quick to rip his card out his top pocket for nothing tackles and missed some of the more nasty clever ones that you are familiar with as an old ex player. I’m sure the County FA will love him, with all those fines going towards the xmas do!!! 🤔😲😁 Former top class referee Steve Lawrence was there assessing and I’m sure he might have mentioned maybe to just give himself some thinking time before whipping out nothing yellows quick as possible. 15 minutes from time Penryn equalised with a goal from which praise is due to the officials! 👏🏼 An Alex Hayhoe shot from 25 yards hit a defenders foot on the way through to Shaw who side footed home from 5 yards in a clear offside position. The Lino said straight away that the ball had come off the Sticker defender playing Shaw onside, so praise where it’s due for that! Penryn were knocking on the door without getting anything on target and Andrew handled well with a couple of crosses and low shots but with that Sticker were looking just as likely at the other end and with 7 minutes to go Flack drifted past three challenges before lifting the ball over Robarthan for a clever finish into the top corner and a worthy winning goal. Was it Greavsie that said “it’s a funny old game” Nice to see Keith Donnathorne before the game, his dad Monty has got the stand named after him at Burngullow. Fantastic work to the facilities done there and a club that do things properly on and off the pitch and spend their money wisely. 👏🏼️ Also spent 20 minutes of the 2nd half with my old West Cornwall Schools u14 strike partner Lee Harris, dad of Penryn midfielder Fraser. 40 years ago that was!! 😳😳 pretty scary thought! Remember us playing a London Schools u14 touring team at Falmouth and drawing 4-4 and we had 2 each. Their centre half was 14, was 6 ft 2 and had a full on beard!! Reckon he was the teacher filling in! 😂 Think we were both a bit scared at the time first 15 minutes!! 😁 Always great to see him though, top bloke! Reckon he was better than me at 13 but had some real bad luck with his knee, really held him back, can sympathise with Lee these days! Flacky will be delighted to pick up 3 points after a couple of heavy defeats and a narrow 0-1 defeat to Dobwalls who beat Blazey 6-1 today!! Never truer words said by Greavsie!! Popey will be disappointed tonight I’m sure after some encouraging performances from his team and very narrow defeats to Dobwalls and Camelford, two top 5 sides when last season was curtailed and also holding their own in the midweek local derby at champions in waiting Falmouth Town. The only good thing is the Penryn players can get it out their system with a trip to Penzance on Tuesday night and don’t have to dwell on today. Having said that Penzance beat St.Dennis 6-1 today!! 🤔😲😀️  Greavsie eh!! 🤔😁

Shaws should of been disallowed! Way offside, regardless of a tough from an opposition player on route it’s the original ball the counts! Score line flattered penryn I think 2-5 would of been a fair result! 

9 minutes ago, Sijames said:

Shaws should of been disallowed! Way offside, regardless of a tough from an opposition player on route it’s the original ball the counts! Score line flattered penryn I think 2-5 would of been a fair result! 

Incorrect. It's not the original ball that counts in this scenario. It's not an offence to be stood in an offside position.

If the ball has been deliberately played by an opponent and it falls to a player who is in an offside position, no advantage is gained and thus, there is no offside. 

'A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball, including by deliberate handball, is not considered to have gained an advantage, unless it was a deliberate save by any opponent.'

6 minutes ago, Sijames said:

Agree about the offside. Cant blame the ref for that one just a very poor lino. TBH with chances it could have been 2-8! Good game for the spectators.

4 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

Camelford 1-6 Falmouth

Agree with your comments Bob about how Falmouth responded to going behind for the first time this season. They grabbed hold of the game, retained possession and camped out in the Camelford half. After much pressure and numerous corners and free kicks, Town equalised with a James Ward header.

In general, it was a slightly niggly match and the ref had his hands full. He let some things go when arguably he should have acted and penalised other things which were questionable. Who would be a ref? To his credit, he did not lose control and in the end he did ok.

The first half finished even at 1-1 but the second half was surprisingly one-sided. Town continued to play with skill and pace and in the end Camelford just could not live with it. A devastating 10 minutes saw Town go 5-1 up with goals from Brabyn (2), Nixon and Ward. Camelford then dug in and prevented further goals until an excellent breakaway effort from Ollie Walker. A diving header after a  fine run and cross from Tim Nixon.

Have to say that Town do look unstoppable at the moment which is reflected in the 6-1 scoreline against the 2nd placed team. Were it not for the post following a shot from Brabyn and a ruling where Ward was adjudged to have been offside from what looked like a backwards cross, Town would have got 8 and Ward and Brabyn would have claimed their hat-tricks.

Bodmin on Wednesday and Dobwalls on Saturday will need to be negotiated next. History with both fixtures.

Dobwalls will be on a high after their result against Blazey today. I wonder if they will try to silence the F-Troop boom-box again? I remember the Dobwalls club linesman making some controversial decisions and engaging with the F-Troop as well in a recent cup game. They also outplayed Town in a league game last season resulting in a home win.

Should be fun!

No worries Mike, well deserved mate, Mrs got some photos of you, I’ll send them  👍👏🏼  All about opinions Si, and you always seem to have one on every subject on here! 😂😂. Thanks for putting us straight Dave, like I said thought the officials got that one right at least 👍 Yeah agree JAO, Sticker had the more clear cut chances and deserved to win. Bad day at the office for Penryn, never really got going today. Sure the ref will have had better days, just needs to calm down on the cards a bit and recognise a bad foul from a soft foul in my opinion. Can’t believe the 3 officials cost £140 a game at SWPL level!!! 😳 £60 for the ref and £40 each for the lino’s!! Think clubs should expect a half decent service for that price!! 🤔😲

5 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Sorry Dave - are we saying this was a legal goal or not? It sounds as if the ball hit the defender and so can one take it that on this occasion it might not have been a "deliberate" attempt to touch the ball by the defender?

I wasn't at the game and haven't seen the goal so I don't have an opinion (I also wouldn't voice it on here). However if you've got a referee and a qualified assistant both agreeing that it was a deliberate touch... I'd trust their instincts.

I think all teams just need to be lucky they have referees... There was a club looking for an assistant referee today... For an FA Vase game! It's catching up to step 6 and it won't be long until assistant referees could be a thing of the past at that level (in my opinion).

14 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

Can’t believe the 3 officials cost £140 a game at SWPL level!!! 😳 £60 for the ref and £40 each for the lino’s!! Think clubs should expect a half decent service for that price!! 🤔😲

What are the players on at the same level? 👀👀

I'm sure a club Treasurer can confirm but I think that clubs are actually saving money with set fees this way. 

7 minutes ago, Dave Bartlam said:

wasn't at the game and haven't seen the goal so I don't have an opinion

Fair enough. However, any chance of defining what a "deliberate" touch is?

I construe it as meaning a player making a genuine effort to make contact with the ball. Or actually does it just mean if the ball hits or touches the defender without his knowledge?

26 minutes ago, Dave Bartlam said:

Incorrect. It's not the original ball that counts in this scenario. It's not an offence to be stood in an offside position.

If the ball has been deliberately played by an opponent and it falls to a player who is in an offside position, no advantage is gained and thus, there is no offside. 

'A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball, including by deliberate handball, is not considered to have gained an advantage, unless it was a deliberate save by any opponent.'

Here is the problem, you’re a referee, assessor and much more I expect (🤣🤦🏻‍♂️), but can’t even get this right?!

a penryn player had a shot and it touched a sticker foot on the way through…. Yes a PENRYN player had a shot…. THEN it hit a sticker foot on route, shaw (miles offside when original shot was taken) tapped it in, Lino incorrect understood that whatever the touch was from a sticker player this meant the goal stood…WRONG! God help us all

2 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Fair enough. However, any chance of defining what a "deliberate" touch is?

I construe it as meaning a player making a genuine effort to make contact with the ball. Or actually does it just mean if the ball hits or touches the defender without his knowledge?

It has to be deliberate, this wasn’t, 100% should of been given as offside It’s very basic!

11 minutes ago, Sijames said:

Here is the problem, you’re a referee, assessor and much more I expect (🤣🤦🏻‍♂️), but can’t even get this right?!

a penryn player had a shot and it touched a sticker foot on the way through…. Yes a PENRYN player had a shot…. THEN it hit a sticker foot on route, shaw (miles offside when original shot was taken) tapped it in, Lino incorrect understood that whatever the touch was from a sticker player this meant the goal stood…WRONG! God help us all

I'm not even going to justify that with a response.

@Dave Deaconthere is a definition of deliberate within the lawbook, as there is in the dictionary. I'd quote it but I wouldn't even get that right apparently 🤷‍♂️🤣

42 minutes ago, Dave Bartlam said:

Ummmm here 🤷‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ ‘Incorrect’, it IS the original ball in this instance as it was purely from a penryn player! NOT a sticker one, so shaw was then offside at that point, I’m now agreeing with rappo about the match fees for officials at this level given the lack of understanding of the laws 🤣🤦🏻‍♂️

31 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

No worries Mike, well deserved mate, Mrs got some photos of you, I’ll send them  👍👏🏼  All about opinions Si, and you always seem to have one on every subject on here! 😂😂. Thanks for putting us straight Dave, like I said thought the officials got that one right at least 👍 Yeah agree JAO, Sticker had the more clear cut chances and deserved to win. Bad day at the office for Penryn, never really got going today. Sure the ref will have had better days, just needs to calm down on the cards a bit and recognise a bad foul from a soft foul in my opinion. Can’t believe the 3 officials cost £140 a game at SWPL level!!! 😳 £60 for the ref and £40 each for the lino’s!! Think clubs should expect a half decent service for that price!! 🤔😲

I don’t think Penryn have really got going these past few weeks anyway have they? Disagree slightly Rappo regarding your opinion on the ref, I’ve watched Liam a few times and think he’s a top lad. He did well today. There aren’t many refs out there these days that will show a card for an obvious foul/tackle. Maybe it’s time for some new fresh faces at the mighty Penryn Fc.

Don’t worry Dave, you’re right mate! 🙄🙄. Shot from Penryn player edge of the area,  Sticker defender tried to block it, comes off his ankle, goes through to Shawsey who was a good 3 yards offside but is obviously played onside as the rules suggest! Didn’t matter anyway did it but thanks for clearing it up Dave 👍

Yeah bit shocked when I heard Si, but short of officials, needs must I guess!! Got to be nice to them!! 👍

41 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

What are players being paid for their poor performances? Referees give up their time to ensure that games are being played in this level. 
 Very rarely do you see anyone discussing the players performances buts always the referees fault. 
No wander there’s a lack of refs to be slated week in week out. Match officials get a set fee regardless of where in Cornwall they travel

@Sijamesin this exact scenario, the original ball is not the thing a referee considers. It has no bearing on the decision making process. The referee is only considering whether the touch from a defending player is deliberate or not. 

If the referee deems it to be deliberate, carry on. If the referee doesn't deem it to be deliberate, the offside is given. It is literally that simple.  The hard thing is that judgement call on what is deemed to be deliberate or not. So with that in mind, the original ball plays no bearing in the referees decision making in this situation (obviously had there been no touch by the defending player, the original ball then becomes important). Can't believe I'm actually having to justify this 🤷‍♂️ well I can believe it as it's come from you!

Out of interest, how many games have you ever refereed? 

5 minutes ago, Ref watch said:

What are players being paid for their poor performances? Referees give up their time to ensure that games are being played in this level. 
 Very rarely do you see anyone discussing the players performances buts always the referees fault. 
No wander there’s a lack of refs to be slated week in week out. Match officials get a set fee regardless of where in Cornwall they travel

Liam Mankee top bloke top ref knows the game well . 

Not sure there’s any “slating” going on!! 🤔 If a player was getting £60 a game and missed a few sitters I expect there would be an opinion on his performance!? Seen Liam before myself as well and he’s had good games previously. Didn’t say he wasn’t a good ref! My opinion is he was too quick with his cards today, for mundane fouls and missed 2 or 3 through the back of a player, one which resulted in the player getting carried off! 2 minutes later he gave a yellow for a little trip! Inconsistent I would call that? Tough job along with running the line, which is appreciated by us all no doubt and know there is a shortage but I hope we ain’t getting too precious that we can’t even have an opinion or comment on a refs performance good or bad!!? 

1 hour ago, CornishFan95 said:

I don’t think Penryn have really got going these past few weeks anyway have they? Disagree slightly Rappo regarding your opinion on the ref, I’ve watched Liam a few times and think he’s a top lad. He did well today. There aren’t many refs out there these days that will show a card for an obvious foul/tackle. Maybe it’s time for some new fresh faces at the mighty Penryn Fc.

Think the mighty Penryn will be fine mate, just got to get used to not winning every week in the higher league. They’ve been competitive in every game they’ve played including Falmouth away in midweek who are looking awesome and will probably win it so not too much to worry about. See where they are at the end of the season and judge then. I’m sure Popey will bring in a fresh face or two if it’s the right sort of player. Regarding Liam, you thought he had a good game, just an opinion thought he had a mare and I thought he was average today, got stuff wrong, got things right. There you go 3 different opinions and that’s what we’ve got a football forum for. Liam might see this and think we’re all wrong! Or he hopefully might not give a shit!? 

Ref watch, if you’ve seen any of my reports in the past you’ll see I’m a big supporter of the officials and the job they do. Quite a few of them are friends of mine. I’ve possibly been a bit more critical this season as I’ve seen quite a few mistakes in the games I’ve watched and it’s been detrimental to the end result. I’m in no way a ref slater or hater (ask anyone who knows me or reffed me in my playing days) I had 4 yellows and 1 red in about 35 seasons of men’s football! I do a report of the game on here cos I know people like to know a bit about the match, i enjoy reading other reports from the good people that bother! Can’t be everywhere can you!? I try not to be too biased, but someone might think it’s a load of shite and others fairly accurate. Anyway Raducanu is about to win the US Open so I’m off!! Sports Personality sorted for this year!! 👏🏼🏆. All views are my own even if you think it’s bullshit 😁👍

2 hours ago, tamar.man said:

torpoint 1 callington 0 

Brilliant 😂😂

17 minutes ago, Ref watch said:

Just seems very rare that referees get a ‘good’ review on here. 

To be fair so far there's probably more good comments on refs today than otherwise if you look throughout the individual sub-forums. Players of today get generically put down every time they read the comment - "the standard of football isn't like it used to be!" 

The refs have been Pretty decent in the games I have seen this season 

I have to say I watched 1 game stood next to a guy and his father and they  spent the entire game shouting at the ref and his assistant for literally every decision made. I’m talking proper abuse , even when it was blatantly clear the ref got the decisions right. So if you have that mentality anyway to abuse the officials how can they ever win ? 
I never want to ref  a game and I applaud anybody that gives up their time to get out there and do it. As without them there isn’t a game.

10 hours ago, RAPPO said:

PENRYN  (2)  3

STICKER (3)  4

ATT  96

REF   Liam Mankee  6/10

HT.     2-3

Flashing cards and CCFA happy. There were 3 yellows in the whole game. Perhaps you are annoyed one of those three were Jack?

Stopping a promising attack will be a yellow even if just a trip.

Why don’t you start rating the players out of 10 too!?

9 hours ago, Dave Bartlam said:

@Sijamesin this exact scenario, the original ball is not the thing a referee considers. It has no bearing on the decision making process. The referee is only considering whether the touch from a defending player is deliberate or not. 

If the referee deems it to be deliberate, carry on. If the referee doesn't deem it to be deliberate, the offside is given. It is literally that simple.  The hard thing is that judgement call on what is deemed to be deliberate or not. So with that in mind, the original ball plays no bearing in the referees decision making in this situation (obviously had there been no touch by the defending player, the original ball then becomes important). Can't believe I'm actually having to justify this 🤷‍♂️ well I can believe it as it's come from you!

Out of interest, how many games have you ever refereed? 

Ha ha see even now you won’t admit you was initially wrong with your reply, like many refs you’re reluctant to admit you got it wrong? Why? In this case the penryn player had a shot, it more or less took a deflection (stickers players ‘touch’ according to the Lino), and made its way through to an already (when the penryn player took his initial shot) offside penryn player, its offside!!!!! Ha ha ffs how have we have multiple officials reply on this topic yet not one has stated this is correct? Even rappo who’s been around a while can’t see it 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤣 

shaw was offside from the initial shot, which was then slightly deflected, still made its way onto him, so he’s still offside, I’ve repeated myself in hope it’ll hammer it through! 

28 minutes ago, bighairydave said:

Flashing cards and CCFA happy. There were 3 yellows in the whole game. Perhaps you are annoyed one of those three were Jack?

Stopping a promising attack will be a yellow even if just a trip.

Why don’t you start rating the players out of 10 too!?

Rappo is one of a few who can be bothered to give a match report and it’s his own opinion , we all have our own and I can see how frustrating some referees can be , mostly they are very good but some will manage the game better and produce very few cards and let the game flow , we do need them or there wouldn’t be any football and it’s a job I wouldn’t want to do .

14 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Sounds like Jack Bray-Evans has come of age as a player this season.