Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Saturday 11 September 2021

10 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Shot from Penryn player edge of the area,  Sticker defender tried to block it, comes off his ankle, goes through to Shawsey who was a good 3 yards offside but is obviously played onside as the rules suggest! 

This is the key.

Based on this account of events and IN LAW the decision was the correct one.

Perhaps it’s @Sijames who needs to brush up on his understanding of football.

We were not at the Penryn match and can only comment on the reports of the match on the forum, some of which appear to be opinions tainted by who the poster supported rather than facts.
Having beaten Sticker 8-1 a couple of weeks ago, Penryn may have thought that the game was theirs for the taking, ( fatal thinking ) but instead have to explain to their supporters why they lost.
Yet again the ref comes in for a slating, even their fees are questioned forgetting that without them there would be no game played, unlike the fees received by some players whos moans about the refs performance is really only an attempt to cover their own mundane efforts.
Unlike the experts who can identify every mistake made in a game, ( they should take up refereeing ) we must learn to accept that anyone can make a mistake, players included, and some you benefit from and some you don't, which in general evens out over a season.
On the face of it, well done Sticker, it turns out that you were not the whipping boys you were expected to be as reflected in Saturdays prediction section where there was not one win predicted for Sticker, even a 6-1 loss predicted.
We went to see Dobwalls play St Blazey, a team we thought would do  well this season, well we all make mistakes 😜 🤾‍♂️

Seems you can’t have an opinion or comment on something Keith without a massive debate about it these days! All a bit different to our day! Didn’t say I thought Liam was a bad ref or not a top bloke, seen him before a few times and I’m pretty sure I praised him on here. Just said I thought the yellows were a bit quick for both teams and missed a couple that should be yellows! Got to be honest Keith I think I’ll give the reports a miss in future and just enjoy the games mate! Not worth the hassle! Missed half the tennis last night replying on here! 🙄.           I know you’re part of the FA Hairy Dave and hope you enjoy that xmas do!! 😂 As regards Jacks booking, I don’t come on here with rose tinted glasses or bias and he would soon let me know if he thought I did but yeah if I’m honest I thought his was harsh as 2 minutes earlier a player went right through the back of Billy Williams who had to be carried off and wasn’t even spoken to! Stopping a “promising” attack on the halfway line with 15 players between the foul, and the goal and a first offence of the day, didn’t agree with it but agree it was a foul nothing more. Marking 25 odd players out of 10 is a bit tricky to be honest but don’t worry won’t be happening again if a bit of critique can’t be taken along with the praise. Cornish Dave, regards the standard of football these days, I always try and refrain from saying the standard was better in my day etc, cos football is different and has moved on these days although you’re possibly correct? From the dozen or so SWPL games I’ve watched this season I’d say the standard of football has been better than the standard of refereeing but that’s just my opinion of which I won’t be voicing anymore on here cos I’ve just hung up my pen! Cheers gents 👍

This thread is now a VAR discussion! 

Was he right - was he wrong?

Goal given, penalty not given...evened out didn't it.

Penryn not playing that well and got chased and harried down all afternoon,  chances missed again but in reality lost to two wicked deflections.

Well played by Sticker, game plan worked...move on I say.

Referee and lino's had a fair game in my opinion, and tackles in a football match, now there's a strange phenomenon...git on wiv it.

3 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

This thread is now a VAR discussion! 

Was he right - was he wrong?

Goal given, penalty not given...evened out didn't it.

Penryn not playing that well and got chased and harried down all afternoon,  chances missed again but in reality lost to two wicked reflections.

Well played by Sticker, game plan worked...move on I say.

Referee and lino's had a fair game in my opinion, and tackles in a football match, now there's a strange phenomenon...git on wiv it.

Well said Older, for an unbiased comment from a Ryn supporter through and through.

29 minutes ago, We Two said:

We were not at the Penryn match and can only comment on the reports of the match on the forum, some of which appear to be opinions tainted by who the poster supported rather than facts.
Having beaten Sticker 8-1 a couple of weeks ago, Penryn may have thought that the game was theirs for the taking, ( fatal thinking ) but instead have to explain to their supporters why they lost.
Yet again the ref comes in for a slating, even their fees are questioned forgetting that without them there would be no game played, unlike the fees received by some players whos moans about the refs performance is really only an attempt to cover their own mundane efforts.
Unlike the experts who can identify every mistake made in a game, ( they should take up refereeing ) we must learn to accept that anyone can make a mistake, players included, and some you benefit from and some you don't, which in general evens out over a season.
On the face of it, well done Sticker, it turns out that you were not the whipping boys you were expected to be as reflected in Saturdays prediction section where there was not one win predicted for Sticker, even a 6-1 loss predicted.
We went to see Dobwalls play St Blazey, a team we thought would do  well this season, well we all make mistakes 😜 🤾‍♂️

Always try and give a fair report and don’t “taint” anything as anyone who knows me will tell you im a pretty honest bloke despite whichever team I might want to win! Really like Sticker as a club and Flacky and his lads deserved it yesterday. Like you said, you wasn’t at the match though!  🤔🙄

Didnt “slate” the ref at all, have praised Liam on here before and great to see young refs trying to climb the ladder, just my opinion was I thought the yellows “for both teams” were soft and a couple of far worse tackles went without a word.

Penryn players don’t get paid, so their “mundane” efforts are all for their manager and team mates. Sticker players are on £20 each a game win or lose. Just saying I was surprised a ref gets £60 and a linesman £40 each per game, think that’s quite a bit out of a clubs funds it you’ve maybe got 2 home games in a week!?

As for the 6-1, I originally went for 3-1 until I heard Sticker were struggling for a keeper and changed it. The last laugh was on me there as my old mate Mike Andrew went in goal at almost 40 and did very well too! So egg on my face there. 

Agreed players and refs make mistakes in a game of 90 minutes, I know I missed sitters that cost my team games and to be honest I was on more than the ref yesterday and that was 25/30 years ago so nobody is perfect. It was just an honest opinion of my thoughts which won’t be happening again if everything you say, including a score prediction! 🙄😂 is jumped upon and disagreeing with a few decisions is a criminal offence!!! 

49 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Rappo is one of a few who can be bothered to give a match report and it’s his own opinion , we all have our own and I can see how frustrating some referees can be , mostly they are very good but some will manage the game better and produce very few cards and let the game flow , we do need them or there wouldn’t be any football and it’s a job I wouldn’t want to do .

I don’t disagree, but how is 3 cards “flashing them around”!?

@RAPPO I think we all enjoy reading your reports, there aren’t enough of them on the forum.

I’m not gonna pick anything apart as everyone has their opinion and your view on refs seems to be split between good and bad depending on the game. Completely fair, some refs are better than others and they all have good and bad days.

My only question is this:

After seeing the grief referees get on a Saturday and then for the rest of the week on the forum (not all from you!); would you volunteer to run the line or ref a game for less than what they earn?

Typically a referee will be “working” from 1.30pm through till 5/5.30pm on a Saturday and then another hour or so completing match report forms and administering any sanctions.

This is probably close to 6 hours for a referee for one game. The fee also has to cover travel expenses and all other expenses throughout the season.

This makes the fee considerably less than minimum wage. When you take into account the work, responsibility and expectation placed upon a referee do you REALLY think this fee is too high?

EDIT: forgot to add in the numerous training and development events held across the season by the County FA for which the officials give up their time without ANY payment whatsoever.

Don’t worry about it Hairy Dave!! It’s history now! I thought it was 4 yellows, 2 for each team, but I am due a specsavers appointment to be fair. 😁  Dont think I’ve mentioned the word “flashing” at any stage and I would be careful of that, especially on here where there are a few that are a bit precious it seems! 🤔 I merely said that Liam ran up to the foul and “whipped” maybe not another apt word 🙄 his card out his pocket straight away! Most of the top refs I’ve seen walk to the foul and give themselves 5 or 10 seconds “thinking’ time before deciding. Two far worse and what I would consider bad fouls went “in my opinion” unpunished. Just my view, no slating, no hating refs, just my view!!! Which counts for nothing as I passed my refs exam 30 years ago, did about a dozen Sunday league games, didn’t produce a card once and hardly blew my whistle as the players are there for a game of football, not to notice a ref “in my opinion”. So maybe I’m not the best judge as although it was quite enjoyable and I’d recommend any ex players to give it a go, i was still playing then and prefer watching these days with dodgy knees and crap fitness levels I couldn’t keep up with play anyway! Don’t worry, won’t be reporting “my opinion” biased or unbiased on a game again and I’m not wasting anymore of my Sunday on here so with the pen hung up and retired it’s cheers and gone!! 😁🤚

Sorry Football Chat, just saw your comments and thought very fair points. Maybe in hindsight £140 for 3 gents on a Saturday with travelling etc isn’t as steep as I first thought when I heard it yesterday? Was merely thinking of the club and it’s finances and maybe not the officials who give up their whole afternoon travelling to the game (in one car)?🤔😁 etc. Just seemed quite a bit, but maybe it’s not when you consider all the grief those horrible nasty people like myself give them at games and then on here!!! You need a thick skin and broad shoulders for sure though and it’s a thankless task so well done to the men in black, perhaps you’re worth every penny!! 👏🏼👍

28 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

Always try and give a fair report and don’t “taint” anything as anyone who knows me will tell you im a pretty honest bloke despite whichever team I might want to win! Really like Sticker as a club and Flacky and his lads deserved it yesterday. Like you said, you wasn’t at the match though!  🤔🙄

Didnt “slate” the ref at all, have praised Liam on here before and great to see young refs trying to climb the ladder, just my opinion was I thought the yellows “for both teams” were soft and a couple of far worse tackles went without a word.

Penryn players don’t get paid, so their “mundane” efforts are all for their manager and team mates. Sticker players are on £20 each a game win or lose. Just saying I was surprised a ref gets £60 and a linesman £40 each per game, think that’s quite a bit out of a clubs funds it you’ve maybe got 2 home games in a week!?

As for the 6-1, I originally went for 3-1 until I heard Sticker were struggling for a keeper and changed it. The last laugh was on me there as my old mate Mike Andrew went in goal at almost 40 and did very well too! So egg on my face there. 

Agreed players and refs make mistakes in a game of 90 minutes, I know I missed sitters that cost my team games and to be honest I was on more than the ref yesterday and that was 25/30 years ago so nobody is perfect. It was just an honest opinion of my thoughts which won’t be happening again if everything you say, including a score prediction! 🙄😂 is jumped upon and disagreeing with a few decisions is a criminal offence!!! 

If you feel officials are overpaid how come there is a shortage. The fees are ‘all in’ ie no traveling expenses and some travel a long way!

Surely whatever the money we get from the brilliant game of local football, it’s all academic because we do it first and foremost for the love of the game?

Getting paid for playing was always a bonus and I’m assuming referees are the same. They love the game, they love reffing and so the money aspect is secondary!

1 minute ago, RAPPO said:

Won’t be rating anyone in future mate!!! 🤓🤗

Probably safe to say only thing that can be reported is the score anything else & your ripped a new Ass——

Dave D has done the result on the top page so thats it.

What a boring forum when you can’t say what you saw at your game without being slated. 

Best put my thoughts  across 
Seeing as I don’t give two hoots what anyone thinks .

Dobwalls 6-1 Blazey 

I will start with the exciting part, Had lunch with my daughter future son in law & the wife & daughters dog at the halfway house . Fantastic Ham baguette & salad 🥗 me salad 🤣
Superb food & drinks then popped up to watch the game which cost me £20 for everyone aside of the dog 🐶 who  only wanted to bark & growl at the dobwalls keeper not sure why. 🤣

Heres my report on the game

Dobwalls worked hard 👍

Blazey never & got a thumping that could of been double figures.

Mark f—- em all say it like you see it they don’t have to like what they read I put Liam as a decent ref cos he is I wasn’t there but he is better than a hell of a lot . 
Andy Jenkin reffed Godolphin res v Holmans  Tuesday night   & did a fine job as well perhaps I should of put that on the combo but there it is.

Most Clubs charge £5 admission, so just 28 adult spectators cover the match officials fees. The set fees were calculated on average fees in previous seasons, when the geographic location caused an imbalance in how much individual Clubs paid over the season. To me, it seems a fairer and easier system to administer for Clubs.

25 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

Won’t be rating anyone in future mate!!! 🤓🤗

That is a pity Rappo. You put together some entertaining reports and the whole purpose of a forum is to give some opinions. You are very rarely negative about anyone.

Getting some criticism comes with the territory as a referee. If they find this upsetting, they perhaps shouldn't pick up the whistle. All in moderation though of course because too many people go too far with it. Have to say that there have been a few positive comments about refs on here too lately.

Keep posting Rappo. Don't let a few nay-sayers put you off.

Hi Marksy! Hope you’re well mate 👍 Yeah totally agree, never once said Liam wasn’t a good ref and lad, just disagreed with a few decisions on the day, just an opinion right or wrong and you get jumped on by the refs protection league!!! Been on here praising refs for years but just seen a few dodgy decisions so far this season in the games I’ve watched for some reason, but no one says anything when you’ve supported the ref most of your life! Ain’t worth the hassle really is it mate! Accused of being biased as well!!?? Prided myself on never being that in the reports! Like you say, let people see the result and that’s it mate, just gonna go and watch and enjoy the game from now on. Regards to Spud bud, heard he scored from the halfway line the other week!! 😁👏🏼👍 Catch up with you at a game this season somewhere, my round for the half time tea and mars bar if I remember rightly mate 👍

Thanks Town man, luckily for me, you know me mate, but a few of these people that commented don’t and think I’m having a go or whatever? Like to think I’m an honest and decent type of bloke but if that’s getting questioned and misconstrued because of an opinion in a little football report I’d rather give it a miss to be honest and save myself half hour of my time! Great result again yesterday mate!! Fantastic to see the good times back at Bickland 👍💛🖤

13 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Cornish 76 i have just uploaded thpictures i took today to the CORNISH SOCCER SITE ON FACEBOOK . I thsedought for the 1st 40mins Launceston where the better side then when Jack Bray equalised Newquay where the best side , i missed the old toilets at the Mayfield end i could of done with them today after i was given these tablets down Hayle Hospital where i spent all morning thing the Cancer had come back but i was delighted its only Kidney Stone but bloody painful and was hard to get comfy watching the footy but i would have to be dead not to be at my footy . Sorry to hear the G lost today big match next week vs St Dennis they need to start winning all teh teams around them are winning going to be  a long old season again . See you Wed G and Newquay vs Penryn next Satday would of gone Bodmin to watch teh G Play there but no dog rule puts me off going there so its up mt wise to see RAPPOS team Penryn vs Newquay i will be taking lots of photos  Mark come and have a chat im by the away dugout i will try to hold Smokie back from attacking you because such a dangerous dog . Have a good week everyone enjoy your footy . Hope Leeds Utd is ok miss the banter with him 

Hi Steve, great reports as always, keep them coming mate 👍 Enjoy the game next week, sorry won’t be able to catch up with you and Smokie as I’m going up Scotland on Friday for a few days for the nephews birthday. Celtic are away unfortunately so not sure which game I’ll be going to now? I won’t be doing a report on it that’s for sure!! 😂😂 Hopefully catch up with you at another game soon. Best wishes mate. 👍

13 hours ago, The Town Man said:

Agree with your comments Bob about how Falmouth responded to going behind for the first time this season. They grabbed hold of the game, retained possession and camped out in the Camelford half. After much pressure and numerous corners and free kicks, Town equalised with a James Ward header.

In general, it was a slightly niggly match and the ref had his hands full. He let some things go when arguably he should have acted and penalised other things which were questionable. Who would be a ref? To his credit, he did not lose control and in the end he did ok.

The first half finished even at 1-1 but the second half was surprisingly one-sided. Town continued to play with skill and pace and in the end Camelford just could not live with it. A devastating 10 minutes saw Town go 5-1 up with goals from Brabyn (2), Nixon and Ward. Camelford then dug in and prevented further goals until an excellent breakaway effort from Ollie Walker. A diving header after a  fine run and cross from Tim Nixon.

Have to say that Town do look unstoppable at the moment which is reflected in the 6-1 scoreline against the 2nd placed team. Were it not for the post following a shot from Brabyn and a ruling where Ward was adjudged to have been offside from what looked like a backwards cross, Town would have got 8 and Ward and Brabyn would have claimed their hat-tricks.

Bodmin on Wednesday and Dobwalls on Saturday will need to be negotiated next. History with both fixtures.

Dobwalls will be on a high after their result against Blazey today. I wonder if they will try to silence the F-Troop boom-box again? I remember the Dobwalls club linesman making some controversial decisions and engaging with the F-Troop as well in a recent cup game. They also outplayed Town in a league game last season resulting in a home win.

Should be fun!

Town Man - can’t disagree with much, if any of what you said. Camels brought a lot of pressure on themselves with a poor defensive display and poor clearances which just kept bringing another wave of Falmouth attacks. Conceding 3 headers and a mad penalty will make none of the Camels happy - but speaking to Westy after the game is said he really enjoyed the first half as it was the first game of the season where a team had stood up and challenged them (he said it without disrespect to any other team as well). Would have been nice for that to have lasted 90 mins lol

Disappointing 10 minutes in the game but it happens and doesn’t deflect from a good team - having had what I would consider the hardest start of any team (Dobwalls / Bodmin / Wadebridge / Liskeard / Newquay / Launceston / Penryn and Falmouth) to have 16 points (2points a game) is still a good start for the Camels and we would have taken that at the start of the season.

Camels goal for the season was top 5 and I still think a top 3 is possible.

As for Falmouth, good good team and better IMO than the Parkway team who stormed the league, or the teams that have taken recent promotion. The challenge is there for any team to see if they can live with them for a full 90.

As an aside - Rappo KEEP THE REPORTS COMING. I love them and they are honest and fair. There are not many who take time to do reports - a lot just criticise or make comments on games they were not at and if they were there have the choice to do their own reports - but don’t. 
I actually think that fair criticism of players or officials is part of a report, it’s not personal it’s just how you see the game - it doesn’t require defending or people jumping on the bandwagon or making it personal. 

13 hours ago, The Town Man said:

2 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Oh dear Rappo, the only thing stated on our post that referred to you was your predicted 6-1 score to the home team, and we certainly didn't mention anyone by name.
Sorry that you see criticisim of how the game is in general, as being directed at anyone, and in particular yourself, as others have also posted.

Thanks Bob, appreciate that but hardly seems worth the hassle mate. Having your integrity and honesty questioned and commented on by some idiot who was 50 miles away watching another game makes me not want to bother if I’m honest! As you know I always try to keep it fair for both teams but seems a little ref critique thrown in gets you criticised twice as much!! Give it a miss in future I think. 🤔🙄. Hope you’re well and catch you at a game soon hopefully mate 👍

Hi Steve, Penryn lads keep their own shirt number pretty much for the season if you want those so help you to know who’s who could send it to you mate 👍

Thanks Sportsman, try and have a bit of fun with it mostly while being fair but the humour has gone out of it a bit for me this weekend if I’m honest. Not one to cry about things but been slated for just disagreeing with a few yellows given and not given, bit embarrassed if I’m honest!  😳. Would think I’d shot someone!! Better off keeping my mouth shut and just go and enjoy the game in future I’ve decided 👍

Thanks Waltz, even said you were a good striker but annoying to play against in the Launceston report!! But you’re a top lad and took it the way it was intended! Would say that’s a compliment!? Just a few on here a bit precious when you disagree with anything referee wise mate! 🤔🙄 They seem to think it’s a personal attack on a bloke!! 😲😳 Come to the conclusion I’m better off not having an opinion on here! Keep the goals coming Waltz, my prediction of 25+ might be done by xmas the way you’re going!! 👍👏🏼

13 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

Thanks Waltz, even said you were a good striker but annoying to play against in the Launceston report!! But you’re a top lad and took it the way it was intended! Would say that’s a compliment!? Just a few on here a bit precious when you disagree with anything referee wise mate! 🤔🙄 They seem to think it’s a personal attack on a bloke!! 😲😳 Come to the conclusion I’m better off not having an opinion on here! Keep the goals coming Waltz, my prediction of 25+ might be done by xmas the way you’re going!! 👍👏🏼

Mark - you’ve got to keep the reports coming. Two pages of comments on here - yet only 6 match reports (2 about the same game) - if you don’t count Marksy fibbing about having a salad 😂. We all know about the ref shortage but there is also a shortage of people willing to give a personal view on games they actually paid to watch. 

2 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

Town Man - can’t disagree with much, if any of what you said. Camels brought a lot of pressure on themselves with a poor defensive display and poor clearances which just kept bringing another wave of Falmouth attacks. Conceding 3 headers and a mad penalty will make none of the Camels happy - but speaking to Westy after the game is said he really enjoyed the first half as it was the first game of the season where a team had stood up and challenged them (he said it without disrespect to any other team as well). Would have been nice for that to have lasted 90 mins lol

Disappointing 10 minutes in the game but it happens and doesn’t deflect from a good team - having had what I would consider the hardest start of any team (Dobwalls / Bodmin / Wadebridge / Liskeard / Newquay / Launceston / Penryn and Falmouth) to have 16 points (2points a game) is still a good start for the Camels and we would have taken that at the start of the season.

Camels goal for the season was top 5 and I still think a top 3 is possible.

As for Falmouth, good good team and better IMO than the Parkway team who stormed the league, or the teams that have taken recent promotion. The challenge is there for any team to see if they can live with them for a full 90.

As an aside - Rappo KEEP THE REPORTS COMING. I love them and they are honest and fair. There are not many who take time to do reports - a lot just criticise or make comments on games they were not at and if they were there have the choice to do their own reports - but don’t. 
I actually think that fair criticism of players or officials is part of a report, it’s not personal it’s just how you see the game - it doesn’t require defending or people jumping on the bandwagon or making it personal. 

I can't see Falmouth dropping many if any points this season strong all over the park,if they do have a weakness if is the goalie who at times seemed bemused by what was going on and was more interested in telling fans how good he is, seldom have I witnessed a more arrogant individual. I don't think Falmouth were at their best but Camelfords woeful passing and the fact that Falmouths constant moaning  scared the ref half to death he just couldn't deal with it. Falmouth deserved to win but not by such a margin Camels contributed to their own downfall.

22 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

Mark - you’ve got to keep the reports coming. Two pages of comments on here - yet only 6 match reports (2 about the same game) - if you don’t count Marksy fibbing about having a salad 😂. We all know about the ref shortage but there is also a shortage of people willing to give a personal view on games they actually paid to watch. 

You know me Bob 🤣🤣

Lovely afternoon at Camelford and their clubhouse hospitality was fantastic. 
Falmouth look strong as everyone have said. In the last few years the subject of Falmouth need an in and out new front man crops up. But it seems to me that Westy and management got it spot on, in that theres goals in this team from all over the pitch and the way Falmouth play makes that quite exciting and only got to see the goals for- stats in recent and current seasons. Pick of the bunch is Jack Webber and Ollie Walker but I believe they are due to return to university at some point. 
I would love to see Falmouth Western league bound next season. And I think the Western league is hoping we come up too. 
There’s much talk of the standard of the leagues now. I’m not one for comparing as I’ve not played senior football myself. But having watched south western football since the 90’s my opinion is this. Overall the standard of the leagues have dropped significantly with the FA restructuring. I would say the better teams currently in the West Premier is comparable to the better teams in old peninsula West division. And the poorer teams in the West premier is comparable to the Cornwall combination league in it’s prime ? However I do think Falmouth are an exception and would be doing so well in the old South West Peninsula premier league when we had the likes of the Tavistocks, Parkways etc. So Western league would be a great test. But it’s still early days this season. 

EA08B4A9-7D75-4512-932F-6265B02A1504.jpeg

Mark - great picture, I do think Camelford’s playing surface is one of the best in the league. I agree that Falmouth would be a great addition to the Western League but not sure about the drop in standards - it’s a little like comparing apples and bananas as different types of leagues. 
As for Ollie and Jack - I’ve had the pleasure of watching them both about 6 years and for me Ollie as become an outstanding player. Not certain Jack has YET, I know how good he is (fairly sure he has got to England schools level) but not too sure on his all round midfield play - when you have 9 good players around you making great runs it can be easy to shine, his break up play and game management will improve when playing at a higher standard. They will be two big losses for Falmouth when back at Uni and I look forward to seeing them when back (as long as not against Camelford lol)

Mark Rappo that will be a great help if you can put up the players names and Numbers because they still got no programs at Newquay or even a teamsheet and the announcer system is crap ,I cant see Penryn getting much out of the Newquay game not with the way Jack Bray EVANS is playing at the moment he said he was hoping to score 20 goals this year he will have that by Christmas teh way hes going 

Yeah Jacks class ain’t he mate 👍👏🏼 Could rip any defence apart on his day! Won a few SWL championships with his dad as well who wasn’t too bad himself and a top bloke with it👌👍 Yeah I’ll get that to you Steve, will double check with the boy to make sure it’s right. Shame to be missing the Newquay game, had many happy times on that pitch mate 👍🏆

6 hours ago, John Mead said:

Most Clubs charge £5 admission, so just 28 adult spectators cover the match officials fees. The set fees were calculated on average fees in previous seasons, when the geographic location caused an imbalance in how much individual Clubs paid over the season. To me, it seems a fairer and easier system to administer for Clubs.

Falmouth charged £6 the other night vs Penryn and with around 500 watching that’s a good earner .

7 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Seems you can’t have an opinion or comment on something Keith without a massive debate about it these days! All a bit different to our day! Didn’t say I thought Liam was a bad ref or not a top bloke, seen him before a few times and I’m pretty sure I praised him on here. Just said I thought the yellows were a bit quick for both teams and missed a couple that should be yellows! Got to be honest Keith I think I’ll give the reports a miss in future and just enjoy the games mate! Not worth the hassle! Missed half the tennis last night replying on here! 🙄.           I know you’re part of the FA Hairy Dave and hope you enjoy that xmas do!! 😂 As regards Jacks booking, I don’t come on here with rose tinted glasses or bias and he would soon let me know if he thought I did but yeah if I’m honest I thought his was harsh as 2 minutes earlier a player went right through the back of Billy Williams who had to be carried off and wasn’t even spoken to! Stopping a “promising” attack on the halfway line with 15 players between the foul, and the goal and a first offence of the day, didn’t agree with it but agree it was a foul nothing more. Marking 25 odd players out of 10 is a bit tricky to be honest but don’t worry won’t be happening again if a bit of critique can’t be taken along with the praise. Cornish Dave, regards the standard of football these days, I always try and refrain from saying the standard was better in my day etc, cos football is different and has moved on these days although you’re possibly correct? From the dozen or so SWPL games I’ve watched this season I’d say the standard of football has been better than the standard of refereeing but that’s just my opinion of which I won’t be voicing anymore on here cos I’ve just hung up my pen! Cheers gents 👍

Keep the match reports coming @RAPPO me old mucker which is really what the Forum should all be about 👏 It’s entertaining and far more people will appreciate the words and stay silent then the odd person who has a ‘need’ to voice a difference in opinion 👍

sadly having gone to the ‘dark side’ if I wrote one now it would probably offend every ground I visited if they were not dialled into the Sarcasm and would end up on the ‘naughty Step’ every week I’ve only done one this season as a spectator and it caused ‘ripples’

keep the flag flying mate for honest football match reporting-  doing a sterling job 👏

1 Adam Robarthan

2 Jake Shaw

3 Russell May (C)

4 Adam Williams

5 Billy Williams

6 Bradley Leivers

7 Ryan Reeve

8 Alex Hayhoe

9 Tyler Cooke

10 Jack Rapsey

11 James Daniel

12 Jak Davies

13 Dan Lord

14 Connor Powell

15 Nick Boase

16 Kegan McPhilbin

18 Morgan Vallejo

Thats been pretty much the numbers all season Steve, missed a few games but hope that helps mate 👍️ Got Ed Rowe, Luke Osborne, Jack James, Fraser Harris all out injured but that should be quite correct for Saturday. Hope it’s a good game 👍

5 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

1 Adam Robarthan

2 Jake Shaw

3 Russell May (C)

4 Adam Williams

5 Billy Williams

6 Bradley Leivers

7 Ryan Reeve

8 Alex Hayhoe

9 Tyler Cooke

10 Jack Rapsey

11 James Daniel

12 Jak Davies

13 Dan Lord

14 Connor Powell

15 Nick Boase

16 Kegan McPhilban

18 Morgan Vallejo

Is that your player ratings for yesterday Rappo? 😄

Thanks Pitty! Miss your reports mate! They were the best on here without wishing to offend anyone else this weekend!!! 🤔 Yeah guess some people have a different sense of humour...or no sense of humour!! 😂 Good luck with the refereeing, seen the good reports, ex player with common sense counts for a lot I think mate. Think our top Cornish refs are all virtually ex players, just my opinion again though, better add that! 😁 All the best and hopefully get to see you in action this season sometime mate 👏🏼👍

Haha like it Deacs, yeah my final draft mate 😁👍

Know how you feel Rappo, my reports are the same, just honest reviews & reflections of various different local fixtures, but as soon as people don't like to hear anything negative they go all defensive & ruin what used to be a good open forum. 

That's why I don't bother anymore Rappo, local football has changed dramatically in recent times, best just to keep opinions to yourself as the snowflakes on here will only melt 🤣🤣

Yeah I’m home here in tears, throwing my toys around, absolutely distraught that a few hoot toots hiding behind an alias name didn’t like what I said!! 🙄🙄 The lads that actually know me have backed me up as an honest and fair bloke and that’s good enough for me, couldn’t give a shit about the other few gobby numpties if I ’m honest. Just realised you’re better off keeping your opinions good or bad to yourself on here these days and avoid the saddo’s. Getting a bit boring even for me now so any chance of drawing a line under it cos can’t be assed to keep talking about it, I’ve actually got a life to get on with!!  🙄👍

1 hour ago, RAPPO said:

Yeah I’m home here in tears, throwing my toys around, absolutely distraught that a few hoot toots hiding behind an alias name didn’t like what I said!! 🙄🙄 The lads that actually know me have backed me up as a honest and fair bloke and that’s good enough for me, couldn’t give a shit about the other few if I’m honest. Just realised you’re better off keeping your opinions good or bad to yourself on here these days and avoid the gobshite numpties. Getting a bit boring even for me now so any chance of drawing a line under it cos can’t be assed to keep talking about it, I’ve actually got a life to get on with!!  🙄👍

No one is forcing you to reply, or even read it. Lol

@RAPPO pretty honest report mate..

The cards were all dished out for trivial or petty infringements

And far worse things went unpunished whereas a correctly issued card in the beginning wouldnt have led to any of it. 

Tbe penalty in the first half for handball probably should have been given but it was one of those that 50% of the time its given and 50% its not. 

The standard of the league isnt fantastic if truth be told. Having played in the combo and ecpl 20 years ago when both leagues pretty much had 20 teams in them i would have said that standard was better back then. 

I must say i thoroughly enjoyed the run out but im feeling it today.. Had to move sofas washing machines and fridge freezers as my son moved house today.. Not good on the the thighs...