WEST

Callington Town           2-2         Newquay          

Camelford                    3-3      Liskeard Athletic

Penryn Athletic            1-2      Dobwalls

Porthleven                   5-4      Sticker

St Austell                     1-0         St Dennis

Wendron United          2-0     St Blazey

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 28 August 2021

Took a trip to St Austell this afternoon to watch them vs St Dennis ,you would never of thought this was the same St Dennis side that played Newquay in the week and lost 7 -0 there was a couple of changes Ryan Holland in goal and Courtney Rowe instead of Jacob Rowe . The 1st half was a non event really very poor cant really say much about it nothing really happened .2nd half St Austell went in front and as the  game was scrappy the goal was scrappy a mis hit shot from Liam Dingle trickled  over the line .My  mom for St Austell Harvey Hann and for St Dennis no 8 Doodles ,a draw would of been a fair result the heat played a big  part in the game it was just so hot to play football in . Enjoyed going to St Austell lovely people there just hat driving past my dead partners house gets me every time . 3 Poih tnts for St Austell but if St Dennis play like that they should be ok ,terrible miss at end from St Dennis no13 1 on 1 he decides to blast it wide instead of placing it should of scored . Time for Pizza now and Watch the Chelsea Liverpool match 

Watched Crediton v Torpoint today, Torpoint seemed to be missing a few players, most notably Ryan Richards. But Hird stepped into the striker role today and the crediton defense couldn't handle his pace. 

Torpoint look a very good team from set plays this season, John Heveran and Pete Bradley a real handful in the oppositions box. Bradley scoring today, instead of Heveran for once. 

Crediton pressed very well, and the lively number 9 looked very good for them. He won the penalty with 5 minutes remaining, however I must say it did look very soft. 

Darren Hicks the converted centre back for the Point was shown a straight red with 5 mins remaining, with Torpoint holding onto all 3 points again! 

Overall good game and a lot of fighting spirit. MOTM for me, was Curtis Dammerall, brilliant hold up play all game 

Had my first taste of local football today since recently moving back to the area for retirement and went and watched the entertaining game between Camelford and Liskeard. Unfortunately a good game overshadowed at the end by an act of incredibly poor sportsmanship and then Camelford players letting the club down swearing and abusing other players and fans in front of a number of small children.

Liskeard were much the better side first half and deserved their 3 goals with a lively front 3 playing some good football however with Camelford scoring first after a very soft penalty which looked like a dive from where I was stood. Second half Liskeard started better but seemed to run out of steam last 20 and a good Camelford free kick piled the pressure on and the game swung into the favour of the home side. As a neutral a draw was probably a fair result however Camelford scored their third after a Liskeard player put the ball out of play sideways in his own half to allow for a team mate to recieve treatment and be susquently substituted for an injury. From the replay the Camelford right back decided not to give the ball back and play on to the bemusement of 90% of the ground including his own players. Camelford gained a free kick and subsequently scored from a deflection off the wall tapped in for the equaliser. In my opinion very unsporting behaviour with little remorse shown and should I be involved at the club something myself I would have been very ashamed of. Not in the spirit of the game and something rarely seen.

A sour end to a good game of football which continued after the whistle with the Camelford striker (does not look one bit like a footballer - on the rather large side ) trying to start fights with the opposing team and using foul language in front of children.

Hopefully not something I will see again as I continue to watch new teams from this local league.

Callington town 2  Newquay 2

a game of two halfs, 1st half newquay well deserved their 2  goal lead, but 2nd half callington were a different team, and it was all one way , and 2 well taken goals from jake millar   got them a point, both teams pushed for a winner but a draw was a fair result, one thing i will add about newquay , i have never ever known a team    to moan and moan so much towards the ref,they really were  bad, and tried to influence the ref on everything,people say callington team do that, but not today , newquay won that one!

Camelford 3-3 Liskeard

Lot of incidents in the game!

Liskeard went 0-1 up within a minute, some terrible defending (a reoccurring theme) on the right allowed James to collect a speculative ball and slide it across goal for a tap in. Camels recovered and gained a penalty put away by Ed - it was a bit soft, but he was through on goal and was tugged - sorry Football Follower9 but your account is not that accurate and missing a few facts - IMO. Then shortly afterwards Camelford hit the cross bar with a free kick - great save by Luke tipping it onto the bar. From the corner a Liskeard player jumped for the ball, missed it and the knocked it off the head of a Camels player with his hand , which was above his head - you will not see a more blatant penalty but not given (don’t suppose FF9 saw that). Within minutes ball is with the Camels defence, under no pressure who then pass it to the Liskeard striker on the penalty spot - 2-1 Liskeard.  Liskeard scored again - a proper goal well set up by James and a lovely finish and Liskeard came close to a forth just before the break. HT 1-3 and Liskeard deserved it but greatly helped by Camels suicidal defending.

Second half, both teams started well but Camels scored early on from an excellent free kick by Tom C, 2-3. Then the next talking point (at this point it was all Camelford) - ball played through for Camels winger - Luke the Liskeard keeper came out and clattered the winger - but collects the ball in his hands right on the edge of the penalty box. Ref blows for a foul on the Camels player - now as the keeper had the ball in his hands, it is either a penalty (inside the box) or straight red for Luke for handling it outside the box - but given as a free kick just outside of the box - riddle me that?

Now the issued raised by FF9 about sportsmanship - there was a 50-50 tackle on the edge of the Liskeard box, the ball bounces forward and another 50-50 takes place and from that Max blasts the ball off the pitch - at that time the ‘injured player’ was not on the floor - I was inline with it and have no doubt that the Liskeard player blasted the ball at the referee, but missed. It took 2-3 minutes before the throw in was taken (no suggestion that Liskeard were not set) and the Camelford player asked the Ref if he should throw it back - I was 5 feet away, the Ref said no it was a Camels throw in. Which he did and a Liskeard player, presumably feeling aggrieved committed another foul on the edge of the box, taken by Tom C and scored by Charlie off a deflection 3-3  

Liskeard were not happy but I take exception to saying it was unsporting as the ball was not played out to help an injured player despite what the Liskeard players were screaming and the Camels player asked and did what the Ref said.

Finished after 6 minutes of extra time. The result was fair - Liskeard won the first half and Camelford the second.

I never take exception to write ups as it’s all opinions - but FF9, did you seriously miss the continual arguing at decisions, the number of yellows issued to one team?

I actually thought the Ref had a good game - but he made some real howlers  

The arguing afterwards was not pleasant to watch or hear but it was given by a couple of players from both teams on the pitch and when walking off.

Agree lots of incidents and too many to write about. For me the first penalty was soft and a dive as the player had lost control of the ball. Agree with you there was a blatant handball in the penalty area by a Liskeard player which all the officials seemed to miss.

For me the incident was a foul on the goal keeper, he handles it within his box and the striker proceeds to run into him. However the referee gives a free kick to Camelford so not sure how it wasn't a pen and a sending off on that basis?

I am not sure I can agree on that it was quite clear the Liskeard player kicked the ball out so his player could receive treatment and everyone in the ground assumed the ball would be given back. A lack of sportsmanship which you don't expect to see in any football game. The referee can not tell a team to give the ball back from my understanding that is a given that is in the spirit of the game so the decision has to lie with the home sides right back.

I agree fair scoreline however you do not expect an equaliser to be scored in such a manner nor a team show little remorse. I cannot agree with you on the officiating, thought the referee was shocking in my opinion, missed a great deal, dealt cards for what seemed not a lot however this was consistently bad for both teams. 

FF9 - it all opinions. I know what I saw, but that’s my opinion, however I do take exception to it not being ‘sporting’  or that it was a Camels player being abusive when he wasn’t alone (not that that makes what took place any better)- but again that’s my opinion.  

Come and watch Camels any game, let me know you are coming and we can have a tea or beer and chat about opinions - you will also see that Camels are a sporting team lol

49 minutes ago, tamar.man said:

Callington town 2  Newquay 2

a game of two halfs, 1st half newquay well deserved their 2  goal lead, but 2nd half callington were a different team, and it was all one way , and 2 well taken goals from jake millar   got them a point, both teams pushed for a winner but a draw was a fair result, one thing i will add about newquay , i have never ever known a team    to moan and moan so much towards the ref,they really were  bad, and tried to influence the ref on everything,people say callington team do that, but not today , newquay won that one!

Agree with this report. Although Newquay & callington (who were just as bad) were probably morning at the standard of officiating, Newquay player received a high tackle which warranted a possible ref if not a yellow easily and not even a free kick was given, Newquay also through on goal in the last minute and he pulls it back for a free kick instead of player advantage, the linesman both did nothing to help out the ref all game…callington had the better 2nd half but only really had one player of quality  No 7 everything went through him he also got the goals. 

Football is all a game of opinions, that's why we all love it. It is unsporting to not give a ball back to the team who kicked it out of play for the welfare of another player be that home or away, something which is engrained into teams from a very early age. 

I will definitely be back to watch both teams as some very entertaining football played during the game and that's what we pay our admission for at the end of the day.

1 minute ago, FootballFollower9 said:

Football is all a game of opinions, that's why we all love it. It is unsporting to not give a ball back to the team who kicked it out of play for the welfare of another player be that home or away, something which is engrained into teams from a very early age. 

I will definitely be back to watch both teams as some very entertaining football played during the game and that's what we pay our admission for at the end of the day.

But it sounds as if the Camelford did ask! "and the Camelford player asked the Ref if he should throw it back - I was 5 feet away, the Ref said no it was a Camels throw in"

2 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

But it sounds as if the Camelford did ask! "and the Camelford player asked the Ref if he should throw it back - I was 5 feet away, the Ref said no it was a Camels throw in"

Unfortunately I was too far away to hear if the ref did in fact say this, my understanding is the referee cannot tell a team to give the ball back to the opposition?  If so then another poor decision from the referee to add to his calamity of errors for both sides 

4 minutes ago, FootballFollower9 said:

Unfortunately I was too far away to hear if the ref did in fact say this, my understanding is the referee cannot tell a team to give the ball back to the opposition?  If so then another poor decision from the referee to add to his calamity of errors for both sides 

He didn't tell them to give them the ball back, he was asked if they should, which says to me the ref's opinion was they shouldn't.

Dave - FF9 and I will disagree (polar) about what happened, i only reacted to it as for an independent watcher FF9 appeared to be looking through Liskeard tainted glasses I would appear to have been a lot closer - but isn’t that the fun of spectating - Man City will now say how rubbish Ronaldo is when a week earlier they were going to break the bank to buy him lol

I would take this from the game though (other than what has been said) - both teams play good football and will pose every team in the league a serious question. My money would be on Falmouth but they will be pushed by both teams (and others). 

11 minutes ago, silly billy said:

He didn't tell them to give them the ball back, he was asked if they should, which says to me the ref's opinion was they shouldn't.

The referee isn’t allowed to tell a team to give the ball back.

And I imagine will not want to get involved in whether to or not. 

Guys - it happened and it’s opinions, I don’t think it was kicked out to help and injured player - simples. The game finished with a fair result, both teams and supporters will have views none will be happy either way but after the game both managers felt a draw was fair.

As someone who watches a lot of Camelford games I sincerely wish Liskeard good luck for the season - I wouldn’t have dwelt on it if FF9 hadn’t got in before me lol they are a very good team and knowing several of their players they will be top 3/4 come May. 

Bighairydave - just one thing, have the interpretation of the ball hitting a Ref changed this year - used to be that if it hits a Ref the game stops and drop ball to the team in possession - saw today that if the ball hits the Ref but goes to the same team the game carries on? If that is true, none of the players or managers knew there was new interpretation (as I said a lot happened today)?

Not just for BHD, as a neutral - what happened with Drons v Blazey?

20 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

Bighairydave - just one thing, have the interpretation of the ball hitting a Ref changed this year - used to be that if it hits a Ref the game stops and drop ball to the team in possession - saw today that if the ball hits the Ref but goes to the same team the game carries on? If that is true, none of the players or managers knew there was new interpretation (as I said a lot happened today)?

The referee was correct.

” The ball is out of play when:

……….

• it touches a match official, remains on the field of play and:

• a team starts a promising attack or

• the ball goes directly into the goal or

• the team in possession of the ball changes

In all these cases, play is restarted with a dropped ball. “

People coming off after a game shouting and swearing being aggressive Infront of young kids sometimes only a few yards away  watching happens way too often unfortunately  .

If you want the parents , family’s etc to keep coming it  needs to stop 

maybe clubs need to have words with players  and start fining in-house for Any instance of it. 

So as there was no promising attack, it didn’t go in the goal and it stayed with the same team - the games carries on. Makes sense, shame none of the players knew the law / rules. As I said earlier, I thought the ref had a good game - just a couple of big moments overshadowed it - if player where perfect for 90 out of 95 minutes all our teams would win everything. 

Porthleven 5-4 Sticker

Gala park looking fantastic with criss cross stripe lines on the pitch and basking under a bright yellow sun and clear blue sky no better place to be.

game of two half’s - All Port  in the first half running into a 5-1 lead and looking totally in control. Sticker must have had a couple of energy gels at half time as Port decided to try playing a bit of tic tac football and lost their intensity, Sticker pounced and got themselves back into the game and at 5-4 and with 10 to go made it very uncomfortable for the home side however credit to Port they held on with their very young side and secured the 3 points 

Not enough coverage is giving to Wendron ,they are a great team play lovely football and have beaten 2 of the big teams in Newquay and St Blazey it would be lovely if Wendron was to win the league instead of 1 of the big teams that flash the cash .2 goals for Wendron captain Scott Palmer yesterday great team and Rory Jarvis 1 of the fastest players in the league .Well thats my prediction gone that St  Blazey woud go the whole season unbeaten ,they are going to score a lot of goals soon and i got a feeling it could be this weekend vs the G if its on and the players have recovered from there excursions at Boardmasters and catching the dreaded Covid its a awful thing i had it 1st time around and it was scarey i was gasping to breath .Looking forward to Wednesdays game at Newquay when the young Camelford team comes to town with 16 yr olds and 17 yr olds in the team and the talented Bobby Hopkinson who sees passes where no one else can similair to Jack Bray Evans here in Newquay 

21 minutes ago, Footy follower said:

And as for the rather large Camelford striker... He is one of the biggest talents In The league

I don’t think I ever saw him play when not that size. I hear he does a lot of good work with youngsters. My observations over several years but not a great deal of viewings, is that he has a nasty streak and likewise members of his family.

3 hours ago, mattelot said:

Yep agree dave ,theyre flying under the radar ,definitely the team of the moment in the Helston area .Shame there's no match reports .

Don’t want to give anything away! 😉

Blazey started well, but we quickly found our feet and won a penalty about 15mins in when the defender handled in the box. Everyone bar those with a Blazey badge on thought it was one. His arms were raised, the forward lifted it over him and would’ve been in on goal if it hadn’t struck his arm. Nothing deliberate about it but a definite pen. There was a further penalty shout in the second half waved away when the Blazey centre half seemingly controlled it with his arm under no pressure whatsoever. Anyway, the penalty was well converted by captain, Scott Palmer who then proceeded to celebrate a la Ronaldo fashion with no shame whatsoever. 
Pretty even game from then on, both sides had spells of possession but Wendron probably looked the more threatening before a well worked corner on the stroke of half time led to a Young shot being parried into the path of Palmer who finished with aplomb. 
Second half was relatively even, inevitably Blazey gathered some momentum but rarely threatened, only a couple of half chances which were dealt with well by Fearn. Wendron had chances to put the game well and truly out of Blazey’s reach but couldn’t convert. 
Think that’s now 20 goals in 5 games, first clean sheet, undefeated in 5 and 4 wins on the trot. 

All the best to Blazey. 

15 hours ago, FootballFollower9 said:

Had my first taste of local football today since recently moving back to the area for retirement and went and watched the entertaining game between Camelford and Liskeard. Unfortunately a good game overshadowed at the end by an act of incredibly poor sportsmanship and then Camelford players letting the club down swearing and abusing other players and fans in front of a number of small children.

Liskeard were much the better side first half and deserved their 3 goals with a lively front 3 playing some good football however with Camelford scoring first after a very soft penalty which looked like a dive from where I was stood. Second half Liskeard started better but seemed to run out of steam last 20 and a good Camelford free kick piled the pressure on and the game swung into the favour of the home side. As a neutral a draw was probably a fair result however Camelford scored their third after a Liskeard player put the ball out of play sideways in his own half to allow for a team mate to recieve treatment and be susquently substituted for an injury. From the replay the Camelford right back decided not to give the ball back and play on to the bemusement of 90% of the ground including his own players. Camelford gained a free kick and subsequently scored from a deflection off the wall tapped in for the equaliser. In my opinion very unsporting behaviour with little remorse shown and should I be involved at the club something myself I would have been very ashamed of. Not in the spirit of the game and something rarely seen.

A sour end to a good game of football which continued after the whistle with the Camelford striker (does not look one bit like a footballer - on the rather large side ) trying to start fights with the opposing team and using foul language in front of children.

Hopefully not something I will see again as I continue to watch new teams from this local league.

I was right by the throw in incident and the Liskeard player did not kick the ball out on purpose, it was a misplaced pass, so the Camelford player was totally justified in not giving the ball back.  He did the check with the ref more than once and on the last occasion the ref shook his head and said "Camelford throw". You are obviously a Liskeard fan FF9, which absolutely fine, but please check your comments before posting as I also take exception to you calling Camelford 'unsporting'.

With the amount of goals they are conceding, Sticker appear to have a rather nasty defensive problem.    Scoring does matter, and it's an area they seem to have a reasonable success in,  but they need to plug the holes in their defensive system.

Thanks Pitty for your report from Gala, a game which I also took in. It certainly was a game of 2 halves with Porth taking an early lead only for Sticker to draw level mid-way through the half. Then it turned in to the 'Charlie Young show' who was instrumental into Porth racing into a 5-1 lead. 

Sticker made a substitution at half-time and Flack completed his hat-trick to make the game very interesting at 5-3 with plenty of time remaining. Up until this point the Ref had nothing to do with barely a foul in the game but when required to make a big call completely bottled it. Flack had just lobbed the keeper to complete a sublime hat-trick and went to collect the ball to continue the game and perhaps an unlikely come back. The embarrassed and frustrated keeper prevented this and forcefully threw the ball into the strikers face. The Ref gave both players a yellow!

A qualified official in the crowd who clearly saw the incident said it was a straight red. The accessor in the stand with probably a good view did not comment obviously protecting his fellow official. What might have the the final score if the ref had a pair of balls instead of a lame excuse!!?

8 minutes ago, justanopinion said:

Thanks Pitty for your report from Gala, a game which I also took in. It certainly was a game of 2 halves with Porth taking an early lead only for Sticker to draw level mid-way through the half. Then it turned in to the 'Charlie Young show' who was instrumental into Porth racing into a 5-1 lead. 

Sticker made a substitution at half-time and Flack completed his hat-trick to make the game very interesting at 5-3 with plenty of time remaining. Up until this point the Ref had nothing to do with barely a foul in the game but when required to make a big call completely bottled it. Flack had just lobbed the keeper to complete a sublime hat-trick and went to collect the ball to continue the game and perhaps an unlikely come back. The embarrassed and frustrated keeper prevented this and forcefully threw the ball into the strikers face. The Ref gave both players a yellow!

A qualified official in the crowd who clearly saw the incident said it was a straight red. The accessor in the stand with probably a good view did not comment obviously protecting his fellow official. What might have the the final score if the ref had a pair of balls instead of a lame excuse!!?

Take the course and show all the officials how it's done. 👍

21 hours ago, hoppit said:

I was right by the throw in incident and the Liskeard player did not kick the ball out on purpose, it was a misplaced pass, so the Camelford player was totally justified in not giving the ball back.  He did the check with the ref more than once and on the last occasion the ref shook his head and said "Camelford throw". You are obviously a Liskeard fan FF9, which absolutely fine, but please check your comments before posting as I also take exception to you calling Camelford 'unsporting'.

I find it very difficult to understand how you think that was a misplaced pass, it would be good if we could ask the lad who kicked it out. 

I am happy with my account of it, as mentioned above is opinions and in my opinion very unsporting behaviour and not in the nature of the game which I would imagine is what fuelled the boil over after.

The idea of a forum is where views can be exchanged.

'Take the course and show all the officials how it's done'.

Copied from above - I find this either defensive or perhaps from a keyboard warrior who did not witness the incident.

It's interesting that another ref 'liked' this comment when he came under some criticism himself at another game!

Just to clarify, the young striker had just scored the third of a cracking hat-trick. He went to retrieve the ball from the net to get the game underway again and PLAY FOOTBALL. The keeper prevented this, RAISED HIS HANDS and AGGRESSIVELY THREW THE BALL INTO THE STRIKERS FACE. 

Perhaps someone could explain how this is a yellow card for each player? If the ref missed the incident how can he give any cards at all? If he saw the incident how is it not a red for the keeper?

2 hours ago, justanopinion said:

Copied from above - I find this either defensive or perhaps from a keyboard warrior who did not witness the incident.

It's interesting that another ref 'liked' this comment when he came under some criticism himself at another game!

Just to clarify, the young striker had just scored the third of a cracking hat-trick. He went to retrieve the ball from the net to get the game underway again and PLAY FOOTBALL. The keeper prevented this, RAISED HIS HANDS and AGGRESSIVELY THREW THE BALL INTO THE STRIKERS FACE. 

Perhaps someone could explain how this is a yellow card for each player? If the ref missed the incident how can he give any cards at all? If he saw the incident how is it not a red for the keeper?

I watched this game from behind the  opposite goal & I have to agree with the above assessment. The people I was standing with all said the same thing, the Port keeper should have walked, HOWEVER, 10mins later there was an incident involving the Sticker keeper. He jumped to claim a high ball & the young Port striker got underneath him. The keeper then shoved the Port player in the chest, the young Port player did not react, however, other players got involved causing a minor melee. In my opinion, the referee should have sent the Sticker keeper off but he didn’t, he booked both players, So, all in all, again in my opinion, the referee was consistent, but I feel got both decisions wrong, according to, & I hate this saying,THE LAWS OF THE GAME. 🤬. On both these occasions, the referee ignored the above saying & used common sense. On the plus side, no one wants to see players getting sent off & ruining what was a great game of football for the neutral, so, Well done the referee. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

No, not well done the referee. He got big decisions wrong. Consider 1) The goal keeper should have walked and the opposition would have an increased opportunity to gain a point(s). Next games would have been impacted and perhaps the league table affected. 2) The striker was given a yellow for doing nothing wrong. That swells the CFA coffers incorrectly and the talented young lad is £12 out of pocket. 3) The challenge on the Sticker keeper need the end was a foul. If the referee was in control of the game he would have given a foul before the melee was allowed to develop.

3 hours ago, justanopinion said:

I said that, and am a true keyboard warrior as I didn't see the match, but your all moaning about the ref so as I said before, take the course and show them how's it done. I'm sure you'd never make a single mistake and would get every decesion spot on 👌

This whole thread, from many games, is predominantly about slating officials? These are fixtures with not one, but three officials. Not just the man in the middle to blame as they have 2 assistants. But please spare a though for the lower leagues like Duchy, etc who have fixtures every week without a qualified referee. All this bashing is one of the reasons we're losing officials and I can see why they put the whistle down. As an objective comment above does say, no one has a perfect 90mins. Referees that reach the SWL have been promoted and selected, so they're the better ones in the county. We have what we have. They probably drive home thinking about the things they may have missed or decisions they'd change in hindsight, just like I do as a player and a manager. Then some refs probably see the forum and think nah F that I'm done. Why do I bother?

4 hours ago, justanopinion said:

No, not well done the referee. He got big decisions wrong. Consider 1) The goal keeper should have walked and the opposition would have an increased opportunity to gain a point(s). Next games would have been impacted and perhaps the league table affected. 2) The striker was given a yellow for doing nothing wrong. That swells the CFA coffers incorrectly and the talented young lad is £12 out of pocket. 3) The challenge on the Sticker keeper need the end was a foul. If the referee was in control of the game he would have given a foul before the melee was allowed to develop.

I was watching as a neutral justanopinion, & therefore, saw 2 separate instances that were very similar,  you were obviously not !!!

I honestly would not say the 2 separate instances were similar. The first incident there was only ONE guilty party. The second incident was more of 'hand bags' after a foul on the keeper. If the Sticker keeper saw red then nobody has defended him but he was fouled first and unfortunately reacted (it certainly wasn't violent or aggressive). My main point was that the first incident warranted ONE red but the ref gave both players a yellow!

6 hours ago, kevin richards said:

I watched this game from behind the  opposite goal & I have to agree with the above assessment. The people I was standing with all said the same thing, the Port keeper should have walked, HOWEVER, 10mins later there was an incident involving the Sticker keeper. He jumped to claim a high ball & the young Port striker got underneath him. The keeper then shoved the Port player in the chest, the young Port player did not react, however, other players got involved causing a minor melee. In my opinion, the referee should have sent the Sticker keeper off but he didn’t, he booked both players, So, all in all, again in my opinion, the referee was consistent, but I feel got both decisions wrong, according to, & I hate this saying,THE LAWS OF THE GAME. 🤬. On both these occasions, the referee ignored the above saying & used common sense. On the plus side, no one wants to see players getting sent off & ruining what was a great game of football for the neutral, so, Well done the referee. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

As you can see, I totally agree with your assessment of the 1st incident,however, in the laws of the game, the Sticker keeper raised his hands towards an opponent, red card. !!!

Both teams should have ended the game with 10 men, but I’m glad they didn’t, because I really enjoyed the game. 

11 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Penryn 1 Dobwalls 2

Did anyone watch the game?

Yes. Very good game of football, should have been a draw but Penryn missed a penalty again!

Plenty of chances for both sides with the Penryn keeper making some very good saves, and the Penryn forwards missing some sitters as well. 

Their number 9 a handful all game , called Fyneboy I think, but as I said...should have been a draw. 

Entertaining for a good 100+ crowd. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/08/2021 at 08:42, FootballFollower9 said:

I find it very difficult to understand how you think that was a misplaced pass, it would be good if we could ask the lad who kicked it out. 

I am happy with my account of it, as mentioned above is opinions and in my opinion very unsporting behaviour and not in the nature of the game which I would imagine is what fuelled the boil over after.

The idea of a forum is where views can be exchanged.

Bit late I know but from the lad who kicked the ball out, it was done intentionally, it was not a misplaced pass!