Cornwall Football Forum

CORNWALL SENIOR CUP FINAL - Easter Monday 22 April 2019

Just watching wots apps and tweets from today!! Brilliant to see F Troop in full swing again!! Had so many happy times with the lads packed behind whichever goal we were attacking singing all those songs and the one liners coming out of there used to crack me up!! Brought a bit of a tear to me eye seeing them with that yellow flare going off and those black and amber flags! 👏🏼👌🏆 thanks for the message Nige, can’t open it out here in Africa though mate! Can only do wots apps! Wi-fi ain’t the quickest! See you at the league cup final at Blazey bud. Summarising that one for Piran Films, lm probably not the best “neutral” choice to be honest!?! Hope everyone at Town has a great night 👏🏼👊🏼🏆💛🖤

1 hour ago, rocky170267 said:

ADMIN ..... please end this thread......... It’s not nice to see threatening behaviour on the forum,absolutely childish

19 minutes ago, Mark Jones said:

Not the Clearest picture but here’s some of the Town supporters behind the goal. A very memorable day. This is just before half time so quite a few had already headed for the bar!! 

AEC7E6FB-37AB-4DC3-ADF6-0D8E8BF4C8DC.jpeg

Not threading anyone

The falmouth fans where brilliant even had there flares to let off  ,the program was brilliant and free great atmosphere but 1 savoury moment where i was standing a Cornwall official was abused really badly by a Falmouth fan every other word was he was a f----g disgrace it was bad but the official just laughed it off .Another thing i tried to get on the pitch to get a team photo but was pushed back by stewards then my bloody knee gave out and i had to hobble back to the car and drive back to Newquay in agony .See you all in a few weeks at St Blazey then hopefully i will be able to get a team photo and Smokie dog will b with me he likes it there they are nice friendly people

Congratulations to Falmouth Town (not United as the announcer said at one point!) on winning a well contested final. Great atmosphere at the ground created by the Falmouth f-troop and loyal bands of supporters from both sides.

Started frantically and after 10 mins I thought the game might well be going to double figures! It was certainly spoiled by the red card. I thought Saltash were the slightly better side on the day but lacked a real incisive edge in front of goal. Goals win games, and Falmouth defended superbly throughout and took their chances from their well worked corners.

Joe Cooper had a great game, but thought both keepers were also outstanding on the day also.

Again, huge congratulations to Falmouth - it's so nice to see different teams battling it out for honors and not the usual Bodmin dominance we've come accustomed to in the senior cup.

Looking forward to the 'replay' in the League Cup in a few weeks time...

Captain Joe Cooper awarded MOM by the CCFA

Within the last 12 months the Falmouth skipper has lifted 5 trophies against  the best opposition

May 2018  W.C.Parson SWP League Cup   4-2 aet v Tavistock

July 2018  Aubrey Wilkes Trophy    2-`1 v Truro City

July 2018 SWPL Bowl   2-1 v Plymouth Parkway

Aug.2018 Dave Gardner Memorial Trophy 4-1 v Helston Athletic,Porthleven & Penzance

April 2019 Cornwall Senior Cup  2-1 v Saltash United

What Big Al should have said. 

Ok guys I got this one wrong but I’m delighted that I did as the team I’ve supported for years has overturned the odds again and won the prestigious Cornwall Senior Cup. Well done to everyone for making it a great day out and I hope they can do it again in May at St Blazey. 

I don’t know about you but I don’t think he will. Shame really. 

26 minutes ago, Tommy Matthews said:

What Big Al should have said. 

Ok guys I got this one wrong but I’m delighted that I did as the team I’ve supported for years has overturned the odds again and won the prestigious Cornwall Senior Cup. Well done to everyone for making it a great day out and I hope they can do it again in May at St Blazey. 

I don’t know about you but I don’t think he will. Shame really. 

Don't be daft Tom...that's grown up writing. 

Not quite sure if I witnessed a good Senior Cup Final or not?

Saltash looking like some players have gone over the hill and it showed. Extremely predictable in their play (ball into Hughes, who looks for a runner). Very very slow at the back. Apparently the Manager is already on the clear out with 5/6 players on the way in and the old guard on the way out.

Falmouth for me were just workman like with bits of quality here and there.

Hard to pick a MOM, probably one of the two CB’s for Falmouth who both scored.

I honestly though can’t believe the officials who were named, this is a Senior Cup Final and if that’s the best on offer, then it’s a sign of bad things to come.

Look forward to the re-match.

Indeed sarcasm may be the lowest form of wit, but it also often the funniest (Older can be quite clever at it)

The problem with your statement Al is that you are not a “supporter”. 

The definition of a supporter from the Collins English Dictionary is as below. Unfortunately, you neither seem to agree with the ideas/aims of Falmouth FC (or the CFA, the SWPL, local referees ......) and never offer to help them.  Your posts certainly do not suggest you want any of them to succeed.

1. transitive verb

If you support someone or their ideas or aims, you agree with them, and perhaps help them because you want them to succeed.

I will however agree with your comment yesterday regarding the BBC Radio Commentary.  Absolutely appalling. Neither commentators had done any background research on either team or the players. At one point they were even laughing about how one of them kept referring to Saltash as St Austell. 

Roy

51 minutes ago, Roy of the Rovers said:

Indeed sarcasm may be the lowest form of wit, but it also often the funniest (Older can be quite clever at it)

The problem with your statement Al is that you are not a “supporter”. 

The definition of a supporter from the Collins English Dictionary is as below. Unfortunately, you neither seem to agree with the ideas/aims of Falmouth FC (or the CFA, the SWPL, local referees ......) and never offer to help them.  Your posts certainly do not suggest you want any of them to succeed.

1. transitive verb

If you support someone or their ideas or aims, you agree with them, and perhaps help them because you want them to succeed.

I will however agree with your comment yesterday regarding the BBC Radio Commentary.  Absolutely appalling. Neither commentators had done any background research on either team or the players. At one point they were even laughing about how one of them kept referring to Saltash as St Austell. 

Roy

Thank you, I went to the local grammar school so am probably uneducated ! Radio Cornwall is really dire, it seems to lack personnel and personalities.

9 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

Captain Joe Cooper awarded MOM by the CCFA

Within the last 12 months the Falmouth skipper has lifted 5 trophies against  the best opposition

May 2018  W.C.Parson SWP League Cup   4-2 aet v Tavistock

July 2018  Aubrey Wilkes Trophy    2-`1 v Truro City

July 2018 SWPL Bowl   2-1 v Plymouth Parkway

Aug.2018 Dave Gardner Memorial Trophy 4-1 v Helston Athletic,Porthleven & Penzance

April 2019 Cornwall Senior Cup  2-1 v Saltash United

Does anybody know what the attendance was yesterday ?

Edited by mattelot

53 minutes ago, mattelot said:

Does anybody know what the attendance was yesterday ?

31 minutes ago, rocky170267 said:

Looked a bit Quiet there to be honest

592 according to the CCFA website.

http://www.cornwallfa.com/news/2019/apr/23/senior-cup-final

Brilliant result, the Town players can be really proud of their effort.  Saltash deserve credit for competing right up to the final whistle.  Great afternoon, well done to everyone involved. 

The best thing about the final was the look on Dane Bunney's face. After bitching about Saltash not being allowed to warm up on the pitch, then confronting the officials about the sending off. This man has moaned at officials all season so I found it good that Saltash lost. (Every time I've seen them they had won)

3 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

Brilliant picture spread (4 pages) in the Falmouth Packet Newspaper - great coverage Matt friday

ZERO in the West Briton (Camborne edition)

Very disappointing not one photo in the West Briton. Where can one get a Falmouth Packet in the Camborne area Mike?