Cornwall Football Forum

Manager merry-go-round - Blazey!!!!

Doesnt really seem fair on Ryan Fice getting sacked by Blazey but with Phil Lafferty still there i expect he couldnt run the club the way he wanted to with Phil still looking over his shoulder i wander if its anything to do with what River Allen is being paid and the other players arent happy .Hoping River Allen doesnt leave the club before Saturday when i will be going there to see  Sticker vs St Blazey 

I tipped off the G about appointing Harry Pope as the new manager Blazey should go for Dane Bunney now but no doubt Phil Lafferty will be back in charge now . 

Doesnt make sense what is going on in football at the moment 2 really good managers in Lee Mann and Ryan Fice going Blazey winning 5-0 and they get rid of there manager also average players getting huge amounts of money and saying im not playing unless you sign my mate Local football is going crazy 

Along with many others we have no Idea what the reasons are for either Lee Mann or Roger Fice to feel the need to step down from either clubs management.

However that won't stop a flurry of guess work and "my friend heard" suggestions all of which does little for the wellbeing of the clubs concerned.

There is no doubt that money is used throughout the game as a weapon rather than a reward for success which long term is related to loyalty or belief in the club that you are representing,

Reg Hambley is a prime example in local football of a man who has really cared for his club through thick and thin and over many years, if only his example of loyalty was replicated both player and management wise, local football in the south west would harvest a great benefit.

Sure it's possible to buy success, but when the money expires so the sucess dissappears, often along with players whose only interest in the sport is any financial gain that can be extracted from it.

Honestly some people on this forum 🤣🤣no one has mentioned that someone may not of been at the three games that Blazey have won so far , for an obvious reason , now he’s gone, I’m not sure I read that all his team have gone 😳

As for the Laffs one 🤣🤣put something on here when you know the actual facts that way we can all have a proper opinion.

2 minutes ago, MARKSY said:

Honestly some people on this forum 🤣🤣no one has mentioned that someone may not of been at the three games that Blazey have won so far , for an obvious reason , now he’s gone, I’m not sure I read that all his team have gone 😳

As for the Laffs one 🤣🤣put something on here when you know the actual facts that way we can all have a proper opinion.

The facts are that he wanted to move on the older players but Phil disagreed and that ended in a heated argument and agreeing to leave. 

Obviously more out of the loop than your son.

46 minutes ago, Yourhavingalaugh said:

Regardless of who the manager is, St Blazey are in good position to win silverware this season. All the hard work has been done, so why would players want to move on, as your unlikely to win anything with just 11/12/13 players. The current players need to stick together to be successful.

6 or 7 of the players followed fice from Callington after he left there,  and no  doubt they will follow him again ,or end up at Bodmin or callington, players stick together when they are all mates. ,And most of these players come from Plymouth and have no ties with any Cornish team ,they  follow managers and mates and sometimes money , going to be a interesting few weeks in the swpl !

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

No comment from anbody from blazey on here. I mean the fans can’t be happy at any of this . You wonder how many will depart. 

What makes you think that the fans won't be happy with this? It's not like he was a club legend. Most of us know next to nothing about the guy. I can't speak for the other fans, but personally, and without wanting to speak badly of the fellow, I don't know him and don't have an opinion of him. I'm neither happy, nor am I unhappy that he's gone. I'm concerned about what happens next, but I trust that the club has a plan.

He hasn't managed a single competitive game for Blazey due to a three game ban that apparently he received at the end of last season. The club must have it's reasons for getting rid so soon, but I doubt it's anything to do with binning off established players, not least because none of them have been binned off for the first three games.

3 minutes ago, SteveM said:

What makes you think that the fans won't be happy with this? It's not like he was a club legend. Most of us know next to nothing about the guy. I can't speak for the other fans, but personally, and without wanting to speak badly of the fellow, I don't know him and don't have an opinion of him. I'm neither happy, nor am I unhappy that he's gone. I'm concerned about what happens next, but I trust that the club has a plan.

He hasn't managed a single competitive game for Blazey due to a three game ban that apparently he received at the end of last season. The club must have it's reasons for getting rid so soon, but I doubt it's anything to do with binning off established players, not least because none of them have been binned off for the first three games.

If it was my club I wouldn't be too happy with the lack of class shown in recent times.

Falmouth away aggro,covid breach and now this.

9 minutes ago, Cornishram said:

If it was my club I wouldn't be too happy with the lack of class shown in recent times.

Falmouth away aggro,covid breach and now this.

On the last sentence, conveniently they threw out each and every player and coach that was involved in the covid breach and took a “hard stance” but allowed them all back this year!!!!! And paying for the privilege before they all off load again. 

46 minutes ago, SteveM said:

He may have been banned for first 3 games but he built the team probably bringing in players that would never have signed before . Trained the team and sure set up the team. 
surly you must be concerned that he effectively been pushed out. 

This is very strange again!! 
Why would you sack a manager after 3 games ? They played 3 won 3?? 

The lad has clearly been working hard in pre season, signed good players, had a good pre season, showed good commitment, his team play good attractive football and let’s be honest will probably finish in the top 2!! 

Come on then, what’s the reason for his sacking ?? 

Think it was more of a case that the Cornish Mafia have struck again.

A group of Cornish players were allegedly not happy with certain tactics, formations or decisions and told the Director of Football that it was either the Manager that went or them and we now what the choice that was made.

Not sure who will take the reigns but have heard the current assistants will take temporary charge until a permanent appointment will be made.

Does raise questions in my mind about the role of so called "directors of football", or whatever the title is for someone who's "moved upstairs" within clubs at this level. Looking at successful clubs in the area such as Mousehole, Falmouth, Parkway and Tavistock, you have no doubts about who is in charge and calls the shots. Looking back, I am certain that someone like Trevor Mewton for example would have had 100% control of all playing matters and personnel, and would never have had someone "upstairs" providing input or listening to player's complaints.

9 hours ago, cornish leg end said:

I said it a month ago and I’ll say it again river Allen will be gone he’s not going to hanging around at a club that has no direction. 

i spoke with a player this evening and even they are clueless to what and why it happened. But to his knowledge all will be addressed this week. 

Listening to the podcast last week, bringing in River Allen was very much a personal initiative by Ryan Fice.

A Director of football in local footy is one of the most funniest job titles ever. Come on what do these people do.  You understand it in the premiership dealing with agents etc but dealing with John from tintagel who wants extra 5 quid to sign on and life time supply of pasties is no full time job. 

it’s all becoming a joke .  Parkway , Truro , Tavistock all big clubs all run by the management who have the final say in everything 

Why did laffs give up managing blazey  if he 
Wants to dictate how the teams run now ???  None of it makes any sense. 

river Allen won’t hanging  around.  Saltash and helston will be calling if they can get the money for him. 

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

A Director of football in local footy is one of the most funniest job titles ever. Come on what do these people do.  You understand it in the premiership dealing with agents etc but dealing with John from tintagel who wants extra 5 quid to sign on and life time supply of pasties is no full time job. 

it’s all becoming a joke .  Parkway , Truro , Tavistock all big clubs all run by the management who have the final say in everything 

Why did laffs give up managing blazey  if he 
Wants to dictate how the teams run now ???  None of it makes any sense. 

river Allen won’t hanging  around.  Saltash and helston will be calling if they can get the money for him. 

Forgive my limited knowledge of the what’s going on at St Blazey statements! But ….

I am Positive this decision has been made in the best interests of the club. 

With regards Laffs and overseeing all football matters, the club is 100 percent big enough to have someone in this role just look at the setup there now compared to 2 years ago. 

Vibrant youth and 2 excellent mens teams the club can quickly move on from this turbulent few days and will defiantly be still the team to beat this season. 
Todays news is tomorrow’s chip paper and all that.

Keep  up the good work Phil and the committee and be strong 💪 

9 minutes ago, Box 2 Box said:

Is there a link to those appearing on the Podcast and then getting the boot 🤔 🕵🏻‍♂️🤣

Do Rappo and Deacs have that much power ?

Rappo :- “laffs mate, Ryan , mate, he sounds a bit too up beat, mate I’m not sure he fits in with the Cornish football scene, mate, he’s talking about playing out from the back mate!!!, the duffers on the forum are going nuts mate”.

laffs :- “leave it with me Rappo I’ll sort this out, he’s been told it’s 4-4-2, none of this wing back nonsense”.

Something fishy going on if you ask me 🐟🐠🐡

Pretty sure Boris Johnson was on the podcast last season....😁

Cant believe you had a Mike on me box to box!! 😂👍

The Cornish football world is never boring though is it!? My mate said to me a couple weeks ago when he listened to the podcast I sound exactly like Paul Merson on Soccer Saturday!? 🤔😁.  My addictions are chocolate and pasties though! He started counting how many times I said mate but gave up after about 20 minutes!! I can only apologise, tried to stop but can’t 🥺😲😳

31 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

Cant believe you had a Mike on me box to box!! 😂👍

The Cornish football world is never boring though is it!? My mate said to me a couple weeks ago when he listened to the podcast I sound exactly like Paul Merson on Soccer Saturday!? 🤔😁.  My addictions are chocolate and pasties though! He started counting how many times I said mate but gave up after about 20 minutes!! I can only apologise, tried to stop but can’t 🥺😲😳

Wouldn't be the same without the "mate" rappo...only newbies notice it ..🤣

Keep it up mate 😉