11:00    

Bodmin Town                    v              Wadebridge Town

Falmouth Town                 v              Penryn Athletic

St Austell                             v              St Blazey

Mon 27 Dec (Bank Holiday Monday)

SWPL

EAST

Brixham                               v              Stoke Gabriel & Torbay Police

Cullompton Rangers       v              Elmore

Newton Abbot Spurs      v              Bovey Tracey

12:00

Dartmouth                          v              Ivybridge Town

13:00    

Axminster Town               v              Ottery St Mary

WEST

Callington Town                v              Launceston

Liskeard Athletic               v              Dobwalls

Sticker                                  v              St Dennis

12:00

Godolphin Atlantic           v              Newquay

Penzance                            v              Wendron United

Do they not do the ground hopper thing any more? Looking at the ko times unless your a time traveller your pretty much limited to one game.

1 hour ago, Mike Odgers said:

First Boxing Day fixture at Bickland Park in  6 seasons.

the last being

26/12/2015 SWPL  Falmouth Town 1--Helston athletic 0  (Rob Wearne)  Att. 205  which is sure to be beaten  on Sunday.

Planned pre match- Santa with sweets for the children and a rendition of Nessun Dorma by Joe Grimshaw

Have heard Joe do this rendition before Mike. He's very good 👍 

3 hours ago, davegrose said:

Do they not do the ground hopper thing any more? Looking at the ko times unless your a time traveller your pretty much limited to one game.

They’ve never done it at Christmas Dave. However the game kick-off times are spread out appropriately when there is an official one. 👍

At Christmas I don’t think many would want to venture too far throughout the day like it is when groundhoppers are around.  

2 hours ago, silly billy said:

Anyone know if Slate's has left Blazey. Big loss if he has.

Well the player himself has announced on Twitter  :”Been an honour captaining and playing for @StBlazeyAFC this season, devastated it hasn't worked out as we'd all have wanted but I wish them all the best for the season and I'm sure they'll achieve the success they deserve.”

On 23/12/2021 at 20:42, Dave Deacon said:

They’ve never done it at Christmas Dave. However the game kick-off times are spread out appropriately when there is an official one. 👍

At Christmas I don’t think many would want to venture too far throughout the day like it is when groundhoppers are around.  

For some reason I thought they did lol,my mistake 🤣🤣

On 23/12/2021 at 18:24, mattelot said:

Or a game a day over 2 days Dave .🤔

St Austell v blazey in the morning followed by Falmouth v penryn in the afternoon would of been better (or the other way round) imo mattelot,gets u out the house longer as well 🤣

Went and watched St Austell vs St BLAZEY ,5-1 to Blazey who where brilliant ,Liam Eddy was tearing St Austell apart and scored the 1st 2 goals it was good seeing him back playing at his best after a bad injury  ,St Austell just couldnt handle him but the St Austell defence where awful if it wasnt for the St Austell goalie Brett Allen it would of been double figures or more . Scoreres for Blazey Eddy 2 , GILES,  Mc Gee and Jed Smale for St Austell Leo Best .The referee Mr Ryan Cornellius was excellent and handled the game well with niggly fouls from both sides Ollie Brockenshire was like 1 of those toys you hit on the head and come back up he had a great game for Blazey but so did so many of the Blazey players Cooper and Giles at the back where in complete control ,and Liam Eddy was brilliant . My mom for St Blazey goes to Ollie Brockenshire he just kept bouncing back and was brilliant with his tackling and passing was superb ,my Mom for St Austell cant be anyone else but there goalie Brett Allen at times it was him vs Blazey on his own and Eddy should of had a hat trick when it was 1 on 1 but Allen won on that ocassion .Nice day out just what i needed after a shite day yesterday , good crowd of 531 ,i have to apologise for some people who spoke to me and i didnt know who they where did meet a St Austell Chap called Jack Penrose who we spent many time at the hospital having Radiotherapy together and talking footy lovely bloke but hes had a bit of a set back . Thats match 1 out of the way now onto the big 1 tmmrw when The G welcome Old Rivals Newquay come to Godolphin Way this could be a x rated match looking forward to it very much hope the weather is as nice as it has been today proper footballing weather .Sorry people who spoke to me and asked how i was think im getting Dementia well i am 65 tmmrw so i got a excuse .

Falmouth 5 Penryn 0

Falmouth thoroughly deserved their win in the local derby v Penryn. The home team started as they meant to carry on by dominating the early exchanges, with more possession and the territorial advantage, although they were restricted to half chances. A couple of times Penryn looked dangerous on the break without really threatening. Falmouth took the lead after about half an hour, when a poor goal kick by the keeper allowed the forward, Jack Bray-Evans, through on goal and despite the visiting captain trying to pull him back, he still poked the ball home. There was excellent advantage played by the ref, who booked the Penryn skipper before the restart and he also injured himself in the incident prior to the goal. At that point it looked important for the visitors to get to halftime still at 1-0, but it wasn’t to be! Following a corner that the Penryn keeper punched away with home number 5, Toby Clark, volleyed the ball home. 2-0 at halftime and a long way back for Penryn.

The visitors challenge was virtually ended within 90 seconds of the restart when Jack Bray-Evans hit an unstoppable left foot volley into the top corner, in front of the F-Troop. He completed his treble with a good low finish after a slick passing move. Penryn were reduced to 10 men when their substitute was shown a straight red after a clumsy challenge. I was on the opposite side of the pitch and it looked like either a body check or a shoulder barge, but either way it was reckless and the ref deemed it a straight red card. You feared for Penryn at that point with over 20 minutes left, but it was them that were awarded a penalty, which was unfortunately missed and a few minutes later Falmouth completed the scoring, although I didn’t see the goal and I was talking to someone from Penryn at the time!

Overall Falmouth were far superior, but Penryn worked hard, but lacked the quality to cause the home team any real problems. They weren’t helped by constantly given away possession, inviting the home team on to them and they played into Falmouth's hands by kicking the ball into the air which was food and drink for the home skipper, leaving the Penryn forward isolated time and again. The F-Troop were superb and I thought the officials were excellent as well. I did laugh on the way out when someone in a Falmouth scarf asked who they were playing against! A good local derby, played in tricky conditions, with a superb crowd and another strong performance from the champions elect.

Watched this game...was it a game?

Penryn spent an hour and a half giving the ball to Falmouth! Our worst display ever I think, can't remember ever giving the ball away like that, help yourself for Falmouth that was.

First goal going wide but hit a bump and deflected in! next two goals given away again and both deflected on the way in, 4th goal...superb after Penryn gave the ball away for the 200th time!

5th goal looked a deflection again but I was the other end of the pitch this time so?

All in all a very nice xmas present from us...hope they appreciate it, games don't come easier than that.

I’m so glad I travelled down to watch Falmouth game today. What a crowd! What an atmosphere! What a good run club! What a ground! Ok you get the message! I enjoyed my visit. 

On the pitch Falmouth looked far superior and i sense not at their full potential and Penryn were poor not helped by Falmouth being very good. 

Bodmin 3 Wadebridge 0

A decent game this morning which the home side won comfortably. Bodmin’s third was in the final minute but this game had been over as soon as they had gone 2 ahead midway through the first half. I thought Wadebridge were poor today, fleeting moments of form in 90 minutes is rarely sufficient to win a football match. Bodmin looked fitter, sharper and more up for it right from the start and the 3-0 was a fair score line. There were a few local derby type hefty challenges going in at times, but overall it was the home team who thoroughly deserved the 3 points. 

3 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Watched this game...was it a game?

Penryn spent an hour and a half giving the ball to Falmouth! Our worst display ever I think, can't remember ever giving the ball away like that, help yourself for Falmouth that was.

First goal going wide but hit a bump and deflected in! next two goals given away again and both deflected on the way in, 4th goal...superb after Penryn gave the ball away for the 200th time!

5th goal looked a deflection again but I was the other end of the pitch this time so?

All in all a very nice xmas present from us...hope they appreciate it, games don't come easier than that.

That’s a fair assessment Dave. When you tried to play out from the back you gave it away. When you played it long you gave it away. Credit to Town for their formidable pressing and relentless work rate. Hope the rest of the season goes well. 

6 minutes ago, Tommy Matthews said:

That’s a fair assessment Dave. When you tried to play out from the back you gave it away. When you played it long you gave it away. Credit to Town for their formidable pressing and relentless work rate. Hope the rest of the season goes well. 

Certainly Tom Falmouth pressed us all afternoon and forced the many, many mistakes that were made.

Best of luck to Falmouth from me.

Surprised that no-ones picked up on the fact that following today's win Falmouth have now scored 101 goals in all competitions totaling 23 games this season.

Maybe Mike Odgers could verify if this is the fastest ever to this total at this level,if so...... another record for Town !

2 hours ago, Cornishfootyfanatic said:

JBE is good enough for at least league 2. He’s amazing and an amazing boy with a lovely family. 

Do you mean professional League 2 ? You do realize how fast that level is,I can safely say that there's nobody in SWPL that could play in that league if so they'd already be there.

I'm not saying JBE is slow & everyone's entitled to their opinion but a bit of realism never hurt anyone,unless that is of course [He’s amazing and an amazing boy with a lovely family.] your his dad.

' Up the Town '

14 minutes ago, FootballChat said:

Has 100% made another account?!

JBE is a good player who could probably do a job a league or 2 higher but he’s know where near the level needed for the professional game!

JBE is improving noticeably game by game. There were a few mutterings when he first arrived regarding his fitness and pace, especially when he was playing wide. Now he is playing through the middle he is looking much better. He holds the ball up well and links up the play. Can't argue with 4 goals in front of 1200 fans in a boxing day derby!

I wonder if he is regretting leaving Newquay!

Disappointing tweet by the way from the Newquay supporters yesterday. Best of luck to Godolphin today. Looking forward to Town's Senior Cup game against Newquay in the next few weeks.I

A final word about Marcello Jones. Looked a class act when he came on yesterday. Interesting back story with his youth days at AC Milan and now playing college football in the US. Would be a good interview for a future Cornish Soccer podcast Mr Deacon!

24 minutes ago, FootballChat said:

Has 100% made another account?!

JBE is a good player who could probably do a job a league or 2 higher but he’s know where near the level needed for the professional game!

Probably worth digging out the Nigel Martyn and Kevin Miller interviews on the podcast. Small insight into how talent is undoubtedly a big factor in making it as a full time pro, but also how much is required in terms of hard work, dedication and sacrifice.

Where to go today,? any suggestions please, Liskeard and Callington postponed leaving only 3 x fixtures left in the West division that we usually support and visit.
We might try Penzance as we have friends living down that way, but the other two games at Godolphin and Sticker both look interesting with the result not looking a forgone conclusion in either of the games.

Nope 100% Cornish hasnt made another account the miserable old bugger is still on here and today hes become a pensioner 65 today .Done my report on the match and Liam Eddy was brilliant and fit unlike when he was at Helston great seein a fully fit Eddy back playing not so good for the opposition .I have been following JBE since he was a youngster and he is class i cannot understand why Truro never gave him a trial he is good enough for them .He is on fire at Falmouth it seems like hes gone up a level no disrespect to Newquay but hes playing in a team with better players all the best Jack keep banging in the goals the F Troop love you already ,if Jack continues playing the way he is even Plymouth Argyle may give him a trial . Ok looking forward to the big match at the G today vs Newquay at 12pm Ambulances and Air Ambulances standing by and thats just for the fans expect fireworks on the pitch nee a stong ref yesterdays Mr Cornellius would be a good choice the way he handled the St Austell match . Ok see you at the G 

20 hours ago, Chris Davey said:

Falmouth 5 Penryn 0

Penryn were reduced to 10 men when their substitute was shown a straight red after a clumsy challenge. I was on the opposite side of the pitch and it looked like either a body check or a shoulder barge, but either way it was reckless and the ref deemed it a straight red card.

It was definitely a straight red, for what was an awful challenge.  Whether it was frustration or desperation, it doesn't matter.  To be fair to Mcilroy, he didn't complain and just accepted the card and walked off.  None of the other Penryn players complained either.

As for the result, it's another clean sheet, three more points and one more step towards our ultimate goal.  Congratulations to JBE for his four goals and especially that volley in front of the F-Troop.  Great atmosphere from the bumper crowd.

UTT 🧡🖤

4 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Nope 100% Cornish hasnt made another account the miserable old bugger is still on here and today hes become a pensioner 65 today .Done my report on the match and Liam Eddy was brilliant and fit unlike when he was at Helston great seein a fully fit Eddy back playing not so good for the opposition .I have been following JBE since he was a youngster and he is class i cannot understand why Truro never gave him a trial he is good enough for them .He is on fire at Falmouth it seems like hes gone up a level no disrespect to Newquay but hes playing in a team with better players all the best Jack keep banging in the goals the F Troop love you already ,if Jack continues playing the way he is even Plymouth Argyle may give him a trial . Ok looking forward to the big match at the G today vs Newquay at 12pm Ambulances and Air Ambulances standing by and thats just for the fans expect fireworks on the pitch nee a stong ref yesterdays Mr Cornellius would be a good choice the way he handled the St Austell match . Ok see you at the G 

Good to see you’re still around Steve! 

Whilst I agree that JBE is a very good player at this level, I think talk of League 2 sides and Plymouth Argule might be a touch far! 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Boxing Day & Bank Holiday Monday - Dec 26th & 27th 2021

Godolphin 1 Newquay 3

My first visit to Godolphin and good to see the pitch in good condition and then two teams who both endeavoured to play good football throughout, particularly in the second half when the conditions were uncomfortable to say the least. 
Newquay took the lead on 20 minutes with a quite exquisite lob over the home keeper. Although he probably shouldn’t have left himself exposed to this by roaming too far off his goal line, credit to the Newquay player for spotting this and for his excellent chip. The right back then added a second before the interval with a low shot which slid underneath the goalie who again really should have done better. Godolphin had had an early chance when a well struck free kick led to a flying save from the visiting keeper. At 0-1, they were unlucky when another well struck shot hit the inside of the post yet came out. 2-0 at half time yet Newquay had had the double advantage of strong wind and slope.

I expected more from Godolphin in the second half, thinking they would know how to play the slope and would come back at Newquay. Credit to Newquay, as they remained focussed, kept their shape and put in a disciplined shift in the last 45. They looked comfortable at 2-0, but conceded 10 minutes from the end to a well taken opportunity. I then expected Godolphin to chuck the kitchen sink at Newquay. They didn’t, Newquay remained solid, didn’t panic and then added in a third with virtually the last kick of the game. This goal plus the sound of the final whistle, drew wild scenes of celebration from the visitors. Fair play to them, on the day they deserved it, but some credit to Godolphin for not giving up and always trying to play football. I was impressed by Newquay today, it was a well drilled display which didn’t drop even in the dreadful second half weather.

Before i write about the G vs Newquay match , i would like to say what a fantastic team Godolphin are and the kindest people around before the match Adam and Josh the management team at the G presented me with a signed football from the G team and a lovely card for my 65th Birthday today theres not many teams like the G that do make you friendly and i always feel that at the G and some other clubs .Thankyou The G and 2 of the nicest blokes around in Adam and Josh .Ok time for my match report The G 1 Briggs Newquay 3 Turner , Flannagan , Carne .Both sides had severel players missing and the Gs was mostly in defence with Timmons and Bertand both out and it didnt help when Luke Hunter hobbled off after a hard challenge from Ross Fallens which ended with a booking would of put money on Ross being sent off later in the game but he wasnt . Newquay dominated the game an went 1-0 up from a brilliant lob by the brilliant player Cam Turner real class goal ,they went 2-0 up from ex G player Scott Flannagan all credit to him he didnt celebrate the goal only chance the G had was from the Gs best player Matt Walker let fly with a thunderbolt of shot which cannoned off the post . The ref had his work cut out as the conditions worsened , Newquay continued to dominate but it was the G who scored next through young sub Briggs and then you think maybe the G would get something out of the game but Dan Carne had other ideas and scored a 3rd for Newquay .Things turned a bit unsavioury and the G had Matt Saunders sent off and Newquay had Phil Lowry sent off . The G missed there injured players badly and had Jordi Willmott playing at centre forward when big Gav PERRATON would of caused more problems if he was  fit but Newquay where without there goalie Harry Ashton ,and the brilliant Aaran Dilley .Newquay deserved there win the G just werent up to it today . My MOM for the G MATT WALKER AND NEWQUAY I KNOW HES A DIRTY PLAYER AT TIMES BUT HES ALSO A GREAT PLAYER ROSS FALLENS who never seems to have a bad game .Thankyou again for treating me so good it really is appreciated after a shit Christmas on my own . Well Done Newquay see you up Mt Wise soon nice easy game in a few weeks when Falmouth are the visitors to Mt Wise maybe Falmouths winning run will come to a end lol the G got a nice easy home game in a couple of weeks when Bodmin turn up lets hope Helston are playing that day and players like Stu Bowker play for them and not Bodmin never know what sort of team Bodmin will put out .Nearly forgot the ref had quite a good game in difficult conditions but wasnt as good as mr Ryan Cornellius at St Austell yesterday . Sorry its a bit long this week but wanted to make sure got it all in .Not a bad crowd at the G but thought it would be larger but the weather wasnt too good like yesterday . Ok bye for now good to meet so many good people againf today ,like Jacobenglefield dont know if i got that right but was good talking to you 

24 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Before i write about the G vs Newquay match , i would like to say what a fantastic team Godolphin are and the kindest people around before the match Adam and Josh the management team at the G presented me with a signed football from the G team and a lovely card for my 65th Birthday today theres not many teams like the G that do make you friendly and i always feel that at the G and some other clubs .Thankyou The G and 2 of the nicest blokes around in Adam and Josh .Ok time for my match report The G 1 Briggs Newquay 3 Turner , Flannagan , Carne .Both sides had severel players missing and the Gs was mostly in defence with Timmons and Bertand both out and it didnt help when Luke Hunter hobbled off after a hard challenge from Ross Fallens which ended with a booking would of put money on Ross being sent off later in the game but he wasnt . Newquay dominated the game an went 1-0 up from a brilliant lob by the brilliant player Cam Turner real class goal ,they went 2-0 up from ex G player Scott Flannagan all credit to him he didnt celebrate the goal only chance the G had was from the Gs best player Matt Walker let fly with a thunderbolt of shot which cannoned off the post . The ref had his work cut out as the conditions worsened , Newquay continued to dominate but it was the G who scored next through young sub Briggs and then you think maybe the G would get something out of the game but Dan Carne had other ideas and scored a 3rd for Newquay .Things turned a bit unsavioury and the G had Matt Saunders sent off and Newquay had Phil Lowry sent off . The G missed there injured players badly and had Jordi Willmott playing at centre forward when big Gav PERRATON would of caused more problems if he was  fit but Newquay where without there goalie Harry Ashton ,and the brilliant Aaran Dilley .Newquay deserved there win the G just werent up to it today . My MOM for the G MATT WALKER AND NEWQUAY I KNOW HES A DIRTY PLAYER AT TIMES BUT HES ALSO A GREAT PLAYER ROSS FALLENS who never seems to have a bad game .Thankyou again for treating me so good it really is appreciated after a shit Christmas on my own . Well Done Newquay see you up Mt Wise soon nice easy game in a few weeks when Falmouth are the visitors to Mt Wise maybe Falmouths winning run will come to a end lol the G got a nice easy home game in a couple of weeks when Bodmin turn up lets hope Helston are playing that day and players like Stu Bowker play for them and not Bodmin never know what sort of team Bodmin will put out .Nearly forgot the ref had quite a good game in difficult conditions but wasnt as good as mr Ryan Cornellius at St Austell yesterday . Sorry its a bit long this week but wanted to make sure got it all in .Not a bad crowd at the G but thought it would be larger but the weather wasnt too good like yesterday . Ok bye for now good to meet so many good people againf today ,like Jacobenglefield dont know if i got that right but was good talking to you 

Fantastic team 3rd from bottom?  Some of your posts Steve don’t always make the greatest sense 

jordi’s 50 games in a row with goals come to an end today then aswell!