Helston Athletic      6-2         Newquay

Launceston          2-0            Penzance

Mousehole           4-1           Bodmin Town

St Dennis              P-P         Camelford

Saltash United    4-2          Wendron United

WALTER C PARSON LEAGUE CUP,2ND ROUND

Crediton United        3-6       Dobwalls

45 minutes ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

With 100% chance of prolonged heavy rain throughout the day, falling on already waterlogged ground, I would predict that Falmouth have the best chance of playing a game this weekend. Another addition to the seasonal backlog for most of the rest🌧🤾🏻‍♂️

Correct,  I have been unable to put any machinery on our ground for 10 days now.

It has got to stop raining soon...hasn't it?

1 hour ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

Only when the snow comes❄️‼️

Frozen rain...that's worse!

1 hour ago, John Mead said:

Is it just me who thinks the rain is getting wetter?!! - that is, the drops are getting bigger, massively increasing the volume of water coming out of the sky.

The problem is the volume in a short time.

Putting holes in the pitch last week and the next day you could see the water sitting 2 inches below the surface, that is where the water table is, the ground is full up so a couple inches of rain and your whole profile is full of water again!

Walking around the reservoir last week the water was over the path, never seen that before, the rain seems to be very localised as well, pouring down in Truro  and nothing here,  or the other way around.

The weather patterns have certainly changed in the last few years. 

4 hours ago, John Mead said:

Is it just me who thinks the rain is getting wetter?!! - that is, the drops are getting bigger, massively increasing the volume of water coming out of the sky.

You groundsmen are a strange lot 🤣😂, but I know how lucky we are to have you. Keep up the great work guys. 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

18 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

A question for you weather experts.

Who's rain are we having? Has the Gulf stream moved South and we are having the rain that would be falling as snow in Norway, or has it moved North are we are getting the rain that would fall over Switzerland as snow?

Not getting the rain in Spain though,that falls mainly on the plain.

Watched Godolphin loose 7-0 to Wadebridge this afternoon ,at least the G   did there best its hard when all your players leave the club due to greed ,these players that took  to the field today gave there all even  it was good to see ex G player Kyle Brown come on for the 2nd half only trouble he didnt last long he was sent off 5mins later .Wadebridge played some lovely football and the G couldnt cope with there pace and th goals where scored by Andy Butler 2 Callum Bertand 2, Matt Lloyd , Lewis Prince , Jay Davie , the pick of the goals i thought was a brilliant free kick by Lewis Prince but my MOM is Callum Bertand who was brilliant all afternoon Matt Lloyd was really good as well hes hold up play was brilliant for the G i thought the captain Jaisal played well but this was another bad result but these lads are loyal to the club  unlike many of the others and another player left for Newquay in the week more big bucks that end of town . Well done Wadebridge a reall good side hard luck the G just as well write this season off and rebuild in the summer .Thought the officials had a good game very dissapointing crowd again today but it was chilly there but me and Smokie enjoyed the afternoon even though the G got hammered they gave it a try

Helston 6, Newquay 2

Where to start? 1st time I've been to Helston for years. Nice little stand which gave no protection in today's conditions! PA not clear from in the stand - needs a speaker under the roof.

DREADful conditions - howling wind towards the Town end goal, non-stop rain all game, lights on from the kick-off. There's grounds for calling off a game if the wind exceeds so many mph IMO.

Too cold for too close an analysis. Goals were: 1 - 0 (13) Slater? (PA not clear), 2 - 0 (43) Tucker, then HT and me wondering what NQY might do in the 2nd half with the wind behind them. BUT 3 - 0 (51) ??, then 3 - 1 (55) ?? (not announced). On 58, Helston ran out of balls. That is to say, footballs. There was a delay whilst a player had to go in search of the match ball in the car park because the home bench didn't seem to have any spares! 4 - 1 (61) Tucker, 5 - 1 (63) Goldsworthy, 6 - 1 (66) Goldsworthy again, all these against the gale! Then 6 - 2 (74), a clever lob over the 'keeper but the scorer's name wasn't announced. Nor were any of the NQY subs. Clearly SM has made some changes that project Helston as a more slick, professional outfit: he needs to get the announcer to fully annotate the game by giving names of opposition scorers and subs.

Apart from the utterly lousy weather (which saw me watching the 2nd half from the warmth and dryness of my car!) it was good to see how Helston is improving its match-day offering. Only £2.50 concessionary entry (other clubs please note). Hot drinks the usual £1. Someone passed me in the clubhouse at half-time munching on what looked like a bacon baguette! Yum! The notice cited "bacon baps - £2.50" - couldn't have been the same thing, surely? Pasties, chips and other hot foods on offer. Very appetising!

81 brave souls (or idiots) made the effort in the appalling weather. Didn't hear the winning 50/50 even though I was parked under a speaker. Was it announced when I was in the clubhouse? Hope it wasn't no 66! MoM Billy Tucker.

Almost forgot (hence "edit") - the three young officials, who did very well in unenviable conditions. Earned their fees today!

Edited by Tom Trust
added text

32 minutes ago, Swfootball77 said:

Saltash looking like the team too beat atm. Watched them win comfortably and not at there best today, good results for blazey and wAdebridge, looks like the wheels are well and truly off down at bodmin.  

Bodmin entertain Saltash next week 

32 minutes ago, The Windmill On The Shirt said:

Remember there are two teams in Cornwall that play in the east league. And one of them is currently top of the league!!!!

Yes but unfortunately for you I don’t think there is much interest on what is predominately a Devon league 

8 hours ago, Tom Trust said:

Helston 6, Newquay 2

Where to start? 1st time I've been to Helston for years. Nice little stand which gave no protection in today's conditions! PA not clear from in the stand - needs a speaker under the roof.

DREADful conditions - howling wind towards the Town end goal, non-stop rain all game, lights on from the kick-off. There's grounds for calling off a game if the wind exceeds so many mph IMO.

Too cold for too close an analysis. Goals were: 1 - 0 (13) Slater? (PA not clear), 2 - 0 (43) Tucker, then HT and me wondering what NQY might do in the 2nd half with the wind behind them. BUT 3 - 0 (51) ??, then 3 - 1 (55) ?? (not announced). On 58, Helston ran out of balls. That is to say, footballs. There was a delay whilst a player had to go in search of the match ball in the car park because the home bench didn't seem to have any spares! 4 - 1 (61) Tucker, 5 - 1 (63) Goldsworthy, 6 - 1 (66) Goldsworthy again, all these against the gale! Then 6 - 2 (74), a clever lob over the 'keeper but the scorer's name wasn't announced. Nor were any of the NQY subs. Clearly SM has made some changes that project Helston as a more slick, professional outfit: he needs to get the announcer to fully annotate the game by giving names of opposition scorers and subs.

Apart from the utterly lousy weather (which saw me watching the 2nd half from the warmth and dryness of my car!) it was good to see how Helston is improving its match-day offering. Only £2.50 concessionary entry (other clubs please note). Hot drinks the usual £1. Someone passed me in the clubhouse at half-time munching on what looked like a bacon baguette! Yum! The notice cited "bacon baps - £2.50" - couldn't have been the same thing, surely? Pasties, chips and other hot foods on offer. Very appetising!

81 brave souls (or idiots) made the effort in the appalling weather. Didn't hear the winning 50/50 even though I was parked under a speaker. Was it announced when I was in the clubhouse? Hope it wasn't no 66! MoM Billy Tucker.

Almost forgot (hence "edit") - the three young officials, who did very well in unenviable conditions. Earned their fees today!

Don’t worry Tom you didn’t win the 50/50 I did (no74) I was the only spectator standing by the Helston bench for the first half in full foul weather clothing and as the lady walked all the way round to only me I felt obliged to buy a couple of tickets, £37 thank you very much, deserved for the soaking I got!!

its the Helston chairman who does the announcing, he was stood by me by the tea window second half, he’s normally very good but like us all stayed under cover for the second half and I couldn’t see who scored the goals so I couldn’t blame him for not announcing scorers or subs on this occasion.

A good game to watch in the conditions, 8 goals and went home £37 better off, happy days 😉

5 hours ago, prazeyrunner said:

Don’t worry Tom you didn’t win the 50/50 I did (no74) I was the only spectator standing by the Helston bench for the first half in full foul weather clothing and as the lady walked all the way round to only me I felt obliged to buy a couple of tickets, £37 thank you very much, deserved for the soaking I got!!

its the Helston chairman who does the announcing, he was stood by me by the tea window second half, he’s normally very good but like us all stayed under cover for the second half and I couldn’t see who scored the goals so I couldn’t blame him for not announcing scorers or subs on this occasion.

A good game to watch in the conditions, 8 goals and went home £37 better off, happy days 😉

It’s also quite difficult without the use of a manual subs board to always recognise opposition substitutes too.

14 hours ago, Tom Trust said:

Helston 6, Newquay 2

I to took this game in yesterday Tom, Helston took Newquay apart, Massey made changes as well & even at one stage instructed his players to forget scoring more goals but to play 'Keep Ball' instead ... Using it as a training exercise.  I got a lift down & then ventured back to Mt  Wise for a Re-Union, not quite as romantic as 'The White Pyramid' but picked up some interesting bits of gossip . But we will save that for when & if 🤫

1 hour ago, bighairydave said:

It’s also quite difficult without the use of a manual subs board to always recognise opposition substitutes too.

I know all about that problem!

6 hours ago, prazeyrunner said:

Fair play, Prazey! Well done on the 50/50! £37 is a good return on a gate of 81. Announcer's problem understood. I know all about the difficulties of seeing who's had the last touch. The Chairman needs a nice box on the half-way line. There seems to be a lot of cover under the camera position that might be utilised. It WAS a lousy day for football, wasn't it! I'll have to make a visit on a decent day - maybe search out the answer to my bacon butty puzzle!

On 30/11/2019 at 19:22, Tom Trust said:

Helston 6, Newquay 2

To answer the question about the bacon baguettes...

The baguettes are on a special offer and are £2.50, the same as the bacon baps. 

Hopefully you can enjoy a baguette next time you visit Kellaway Park