Crediton United             3-1       Torrington

Newton Abbot Spurs     5-1       Stoke Gabriel & Torbay Police

Torpoint Athletic          P-P       Plymouth Marjon

WEST

Launceston                  1-0       Bodmin Town

St Austell                      1-2       Newquay

Sticker                         1-8       Penryn Athletic

14 minutes ago, silly billy said:

Bodmin 1 goal down. No wonder Bodmin's team spirit is zero. Gilbert shouting across the pitch at the youngster Raven saying the goal conceded was his fault.  Disgusting to see. 

Bodmin have brought in Adam Carter............again. 🙄

Dropped Jennings to bring in a player that doesn’t even play for them. Again I never understand what that does to team moral. If I was the player dropped I be unavailable at the weekend. 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Tuesday 17th August 2021
1 hour ago, Toto said:

He is injured ! 

He played second half. Nothing wrong with him. 

Only thing Bodmin will win is for the most bookings, had at least 3 players booked tonight.

55 minutes ago, Devongoldmike said:

Who scored for Launceston tonight? Was it the Waltz again??

Not sure, it was a bit of a scramble. Launceston didn't get many chance's, Bodmin had loads but couldn't hit a barn door. 🤣

38 minutes ago, silly billy said:

He played second half. Nothing wrong with him. 

Only thing Bodmin will win is for the most bookings, had at least 3 players booked tonight.

Not sure, it was a bit of a scramble. Launceston didn't get many chance's, Bodmin had loads but couldn't hit a barn door. 🤣

Scramble??  Was a josh Harris screamer ….  volley form right hand side of the box top bin 🤙🤙🤙CAMAAAN 

1 hour ago, Devongoldmike said:

Who scored for Launceston tonight? Was it the Waltz again??

Not tonight mate .. what a performance from everyone involved .. im fizzing 🔥🔥🤙🤙

13 minutes ago, The waltz said:

Scramble??  Was a josh Harris screamer ….  volley form right hand side of the box top bin 🤙🤙🤙CAMAAAN 

Not tonight mate .. what a performance from everyone involved .. im fizzing 🔥🔥🤙🤙

I was the other end of the pitch and just saw players everywhere. 

20 minutes ago, The waltz said:

You were fizzing for 94 minutes buddy! seriously worked your ass off for the team ! Just keep it up that’s all I ask !! 
what a result that was… oh… and…. 

583835C6-1F23-4A7D-923C-2353115B4A27.jpeg

No long winded Penryn report from me tonight! Wasn’t there! But what a result! Well done lads 👏🏼 🔴️watched my oldest lad Ben play his first league game for 10 years since he was u14s!! Came on at half time for Carharrack v Troon and scored 2 in a 5-3 win! Cracking game as well with Troon coming back from 3-1 down to level at 3-3!  Scored a worldie top corner strike last minute as well bless him! Then I had to rush off to work! 🤓 normal service hopefully resumed for Bodmin v Penryn on Saturday!? 👍

If Bodmin where building a side with young players new to the league you excuse the fact they lost a few games early on . But with a team packed full of players who have played southern league or western league and still are for some of them ,something must be seriously going wrong , 

how can you have a mixed front line of landricombe , Jennings and carter against camelford , dobwalls and launceston and score 1 goal  ?? Them lot must have about 1000s goals between them 

7 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

If Bodmin where building a side with young players new to the league you excuse the fact they lost a few games early on . But with a team packed full of players who have played southern league or western league and still are for some of them ,something must be seriously going wrong , 

how can you have a mixed front line of landricombe , Jennings and carter against camelford , dobwalls and launceston and score 1 goal  ?? Them lot must have about 1000s goals between them 

Perhaps Bodmin were only as good as Launceston allowed them to be.

Is it too early to be talking about a big win for The Clarets in a relegation 6 pointer? 😉

9 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Are they playing for the shirt or the money ?

I do wonder why everyone is so fixated on Bodmin, you will find fault in everything they do. They get slammed whether they win or they lose. And it makes for hard reading.

Personally, i think a lot of people are living in the past with their opinions about this club and manager. 

But hey, that's only my opinion 😉

12 minutes ago, Emily91 said:

I do wonder why everyone is so fixated on Bodmin, you will find fault in everything they do. They get slammed whether they win or they lose. And it makes for hard reading.

Personally, i think a lot of people are living in the past with their opinions about this club and manager. 

I think it's the managers attitude more than anything else, but hey, that's only my opinion 😉

14 minutes ago, Emily91 said:

Because they are a big club in the county with a trophy laden recent past, who have had decent runs in the FA Cup and FA Vase, are managed by a high profile figure and have numerous big name players with experience at higher levels in their ranks. Just as with Falmouth Town, they are always going to be talking point in Cornish football circles.

1 minute ago, Way Of The Park said:

Because they are a big club in the county with a trophy laden recent past, who have had decent runs in the FA Cup and FA Vase, are managed by a high profile figure and have numerous big name players with experience at higher levels in their ranks. Just as with Falmouth Town, they are always going to be talking point in Cornish football circles.

A lot more than many.

Totally understand the reputation they are expected to upstain. But they're slammed and disrespected either way. 

2 minutes ago, Emily91 said:

A lot more than many.

Totally understand the reputation they are expected to upstain. But they're slammed and disrespected either way. 

I could be wrong, but I think that  during their double and treble winning seasons, Bodmin were more respected than loved.  The touchline behaviour and language of their management team, the terrible state of the spectator facilities at Priory Park (despite the rumoured sums they were spending on players) and the continual refusal to take promotion (yes, I'm opening that box again) made them difficult to like. This influences the way they are spoken about now.

I personally just think that its all about expectations. Bodmin have signed the likes of Landricombe and Bentley, who have easily played leagues above the SWPL, along with the rest of their star studded squad, have been expected to beat the likes of Dobwalls and Launceston comfortably.

No disrespect to either of those two sides, but player for player, bodmin have a much much better side. Goes to show a team of individuals will not always beat a team that will work together to get results.

The season has barely started so Bodmin have lost a couple of games so what ,they have so many quality players in there team last night they where able to call on Adam Carter and Sam Hillson i think this is wrong because players like Dan Jennings is dropped and he is the best goalscorer at the club . Bodmin will still end up in the top 3 they are too good a team and Darren Gilbert will sort them out in rumour has it he will pack in management at teh end of the season , it wont be the same without him on the touchline shouting orders hes just so passionate about his football .Before long Bodmin are going to give someone a right hammering hope its not the G 

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

The season has barely started so Bodmin have lost a couple of games so what ,they have so many quality players in there team last night they where able to call on Adam Carter and Sam Hillson i think this is wrong because players like Dan Jennings is dropped and he is the best goalscorer at the club . Bodmin will still end up in the top 3 they are too good a team and Darren Gilbert will sort them out in rumour has it he will pack in management at teh end of the season , it wont be the same without him on the touchline shouting orders hes just so passionate about his football .Before long Bodmin are going to give someone a right hammering hope its not the G 

landricombe the best goal scorer they have bya mile. He should be playing higher

he would be superb at say saltash or tavi with the amount of chances they create 

i think the issue with Bodmin is they never seem to build a team for the future it’s always money chucked at the issue.  I was hoping when Darren signed a few youngsters from st cleer you see a different approach but it the same old faces again and think this is why people can’t warm to them. They will start winning again soon but you do get the sense it’s the end of an era down there for a lot of them 

Was just thinking the same actually Steve!! Hope Penryn don’t get the backlash on Saturday!! 😳😳 They will click in a minute and batter someone!! Watched them pre season and thought Gilbey was building another good side like he does. Too many quality players and Daz will be fizzing!!! When’s the last time Bodmin lost 3 in a row!!? 🤔🤔 Bet they have a reaction on Saturday back at Priory Park.

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Wasn't a rumour he's off at the end of the season, he said it himself, it was on a video of him being interviewed, probably on here somewhere.

With the players they got they should be hammering every team at every match they play. That's probably one of things winding Gilby up, he knows they should be walking the league.

Rappo i hope its not against PENRYN that Bodmin dish out a hammering dont think it will be Penryn are too good a team for that and they are doing really well as newcomers .As you know Landricombe and Carter have been my 2 fav players over the years i saw Levi vs Parkway, and i thought he was superb but still over weight and i think Jennings is the best striker there at Bodmin Darren signed all these players but whats happened to them all they got this lad from Mt Gauld a striker who was brilliant when i saw him vs Newlyn East think he was called CJ Moore, or something like that they have so many good players only trouble is most of them are getting old but they have a class team there but they are just not clicking i think the front 2 should be Jennings and Levi ,Darren is playing 3 strikers and its not working and Sol Wheatley doesnt look fit what i have seen of him . I cant see how this BODMIN team can fail really they got a good defence Midfield bit suspect but in Steve Colwell  they got a great payer and forward line spoilt for choice really . Wont be long some poor buggers are going to feel Bodmins power cant see it being against Penryn they look a well organised team but ST Dennis, and Sticker, may worry think the G should be ok now Luke Hunter has signed for them . Not my favourite ground Bodmin never feel welcome there like i do at Blazey ,Sticker Wadebridge and of course the G .Toby Chapman going to Bodmin woud be a great signing for Bodmin hes more of a commanding figure than Chenoeth hes not build for a goalie they need to be big and ugy buggers hes neither but he is a good shot stopper 

All this shock about Bodmin is understandable but hardly anyone has mentioned a superb Launceston performance, great team spirit and a Squad of mostly very young players

it really shouldn’t be all about Bodmin to be fair ! 

Launceston will probably lose more games than Bodmin but right now they deserve all the credit after playing against such a strong and experienced team 

11 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Perhaps Bodmin were only as good as Launceston allowed them to be.

Is it too early to be talking about a big win for The Clarets in a relegation 6 pointer? 😉

6 points for Lanson at this stage - 5 more than I was expecting! A pity many of the responses are all about Bodmin - lets give the Clarets some praise. Dan Hart, I think, is trying to make Lanson competitive and to keep a shape in order to do so. Pretty? No! Will they trouble Falmouth at the weekend? Probably not. Lanson are in a mini-league with the likely bottom half or lower of the SWPL. These are the games than Launceston need to pick up points from. Any from the likes of games with Bodmin is a huge bonus.

I saw Bodmin on Saturday. A collection of talented individuals who were bested by the collective team spirit, work-rate and organisation from Dodwalls. 

I always think if you turn up late to a game involving Bodmin you can always tell how how a game is going. If Mr Gilbert and his bench are railing against the officials, well that tells a story. Historically I have always lamented Town being happy to spend big sums to be a big fish in a small SWPL pool and not take promotion. With  the 'Cornish 4' going up to the Western League it slightly feels like Town have been left behind. A crucial season for them and its not going well.

Please don't get the impression I am solidly anti BTFC. I am not! I want the biggest Cornish clubs in the WL. Hopefully another of them will be playing at a higher level next season - maybe two if Torpoint can win the East division!

10 hours ago, Unknown20 said:

Heard bodmin are favourites now for the drop & are looking to pinch a few players from Calstock to boost survival chances ....

Will there be any teams over the next two or three seasons relegated? With the FA wanting to fill the Western League with Cornish sides at the end of the season and they want one or two go up then SWPL Cornwall will have 17 or 16 sides. If no teams at the top of the St Piran divisions at the end of the season are able to go up being sides like say Perranporth, St Day, etc, then surly no relegation from the SWPL. The St Piran could be a bottleneck for the upward movement of teams.

2 hours ago, rocky170267 said:

All this shock about Bodmin is understandable but hardly anyone has mentioned a superb Launceston performance, great team spirit and a Squad of mostly very young players

it really shouldn’t be all about Bodmin to be fair ! 

Launceston will probably lose more games than Bodmin but right now they deserve all the credit after playing against such a strong and experienced team 

I did say that Bodmin were only as good as Launceston allowed them to be. I liked Dan Hart as a player at Parkway, was surprised he stepped into a managerial hot seat at such a young age, but he seems to be giving it a good go. Still think he's got a big task on his hands keeping the Clarets up, but I wish him nothing but the best. The Cornish scene needs young, enthusiastic managers.

1 hour ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Will there be any teams over the next two or three seasons relegated? With the FA wanting to fill the Western League with Cornish sides at the end of the season and they want one or two go up then SWPL Cornwall will have 17 or 16 sides. If no teams at the top of the St Piran divisions at the end of the season are able to go up being sides like say Perranporth, St Day, etc, then surly no relegation from the SWPL. The St Piran could be a bottleneck for the upward movement of teams.

Apparently calstock have said no me javvy so god knows mate 

12 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

There are teams in St. Pirans leagues with both facilities and ambition CTB yes what with reserve teams and facilities not being up to standard some cannot gain promotion. But I’m sure that some are building towards that ambition 

18 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

6 hours ago, Postman Pat said:

There are teams in St. Pirans leagues with both facilities and ambition CTB yes what with reserve teams and facilities not being up to standard some cannot gain promotion. But I’m sure that some are building towards that ambition 

There are indeed clubs in both St Piran divisions with promotion ambitions but it's a finite pool.  It'll be interesting to see how the next three or four years pan out.

I for one, hope that clubs and players see past the financial benefits of paying players an absolute fortune, but with no ambition to progress up the leagues. Stems for the clubs, who need to be ambitious themselves, and use the money they could spend on players to upgrade grounds to meet requirements. Sadly, I dont see this happening any time soon, as will always have players chasing the money, rather than looking to play at a higher level, with clubs willing to pay