Cornwall Football Forum

First Saturday match reports

Went watched the G Vs Sticker match G went 2-0 and i thought same old G they went in 2-1 down an dthe 2nd half they came out and where playing really well  should of scored when he hit it so hard it hit the cross bar he had earler had a free header when he shoud of scored . The G continued to play really well and went 3-2 up with about 8 mins left then in crazy 2 mins they let in 2 soft goals when bad defending from Defenders and goalkeeper cost them the match and they lost 4-3 ,a draw would of been a fairer result but they will be ok if they play like they did the majority of the 2nd half and they have there regular goalie who shouts commands and is confident in his handling .Ref had quite a difficut game with lots of niggly fouls and ex G player Isaac Varga had to go off inujured thats after he had put Sticker 2-0 i thought the ref had  a lgame but no doubt some no it all willl come on here and say i must of watched a different game well this is my opinion of the match i actually got off my ass and went and watched .Mom for the G Matt Saunders a collosus at the back and for Sticker the little no 11 who had  a great game .Next stop Mt wise to see a cracker of a game hopefully when Newquay play St Blazey my tip for the title and to go the whole season in the league unbeaten .Thats  all for  now Well done Sticker Hard luck the G

7 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Went watched the G Vs Sticker match G went 2-0 and i thought same old G they went in 2-1 down an dthe 2nd half they came out and where playing really well  should of scored when he hit it so hard it hit the cross bar he had earler had a free header when he shoud of scored . The G continued to play really well and went 3-2 up with about 8 mins left then in crazy 2 mins they let in 2 soft goals when bad defending from Defenders and goalkeeper cost them the match and they lost 4-3 ,a draw would of been a fairer result but they will be ok if they play like they did the majority of the 2nd half and they have there regular goalie who shouts commands and is confident in his handling .Ref had quite a difficut game with lots of niggly fouls and ex G player Isaac Varga had to go off inujured thats after he had put Sticker 2-0 i thought the ref had  a lgame but no doubt some no it all willl come on here and say i must of watched a different game well this is my opinion of the match i actually got off my ass and went and watched .Mom for the G Matt Saunders a collosus at the back and for Sticker the little no 11 who had  a great game .Next stop Mt wise to see a cracker of a game hopefully when Newquay play St Blazey my tip for the title and to go the whole season in the league unbeaten .Thats  all for  now Well done Sticker Hard luck the G

You say g will be alright if they play this way but they lost 4-3 to a team people have tipped to go down?  Makes a lot of sense that. 

Where did you read Sticker are a team tipped to go down?

Ref had a difficult game ! You must have been at a different game. The match I saw he made one bad call when a G player kicked out and he didn't even have a word. I've seen yellows and reds given for less! Other than that it was pretty straightforward.

1 hour ago, Cornish Dave said:

That was a hard read literally gave up on sentence 3😂

Yes possibly but give the guy credit, he loves his football and I believe he's not in the best of health but still manages to post his honest experiences/opinions on here!

1 hour ago, Cornish Dave said:

That was a hard read literally gave up on sentence 3😂

Will look forward to your grammatically perfect match reports. 100% is one of the most passionate and regular match attender and report writer - I know your comment was in jest but we need as many reports on here as possible. 

I will put money on The G being ok in the 2nd half they played so well and when they get there 1st team goalie back they will be ok also they need another centre half to play alongside Matt Saunders someone like ex g player ,Ollie Pinnel would be ideal because he hasnt got a hope in hell of getting back into the Newquay side now they have signed Joe Cooper come on OLLIE you know you want to come back to the G and you could help the youngsters out . I will try not to write War and Peace after each match i do get  a bit carried away ,not to say i will not be writing a lot about the Newquay vs Blazey match on Wednesday Bloody laptop buttons stick so sorry if you cant make sense of what i write sometimes . I would like to say thanks to Unclebilltc saying  about my health at the moment im ok im not dead yet been close a few times had Cancer 3 times Bladder Prostate and Kidney only got 1 now but got to keep smiling wasnt so good when my partner died suddenly i nearly gave up then but i couldnt leave Say Smokie on his own and i got to stay alive to  see Plymouth play in the premier and the G to win the league so you will have to put up with me for a while yet .Dont think there ready for this Grumpy Old Cornishman up there yet .Sorry if i do get on some of your nerves but its my release sitting here in a empty flat .Take Care See you all soon unless i get Cancer No4 gets me lol Have a good week my football friends roll on Wednesday and Smokie sees his 3 fav people Jason Chapman ,Neil Slateford ,and Ollie Brockenshire 3 the nicest people around also Phil Lafferty is a nice bloke as well unlike 1 manager who i really dont like 

At least 100% does in the main come on here with his honest opinion of a game he has watched.     Whether others agree or not is all part of different opinions being aired and is quite acceptable.   A problem arises when some people seem unable to give an alternative opinion unless they include a derogatory remark about the views of another forum poster.       We all have conflicting views about an incident during a match or about its eventual outcome, ( ask any referee ) but someone who takes the time to post their considered report of a match on here, should be applauded.

37 minutes ago, We Two said:

At least 100% does in the main come on here with his honest opinion of a game he has watched.     Whether others agree or not is all part of different opinions being aired and is quite acceptable.   A problem arises when some people seem unable to give an alternative opinion unless they include a derogatory remark about the views of another forum poster.       We all have conflicting views about an incident during a match or about its eventual outcome, ( ask any referee ) but someone who takes the time to post their considered report of a match on here, should be applauded.

Opinions on the game are subjective. As a referee, I will see things differently to a player. As a home supporter, I'll see things differently to an away supporter. That's what I love about the forum - when the situation arises, different opinions and viewpoints are shared. It's good, it's healthy.

I don't agree with people getting stick for what is essentially, their own opinion on a football game. 

Fully agree with your post here 💪

Keep it going 100%

Camelford 2-0 Dobwalls

Windy day but length of pitch so even across the 90. 
Knew what to expect with Dobwalls, they defend and counter at speed with a continuous long ball (midfielders are not a major feature), are combative and seek to win every decision - and that’s what was on display and works for them. Camels try and play the ball through midfield. 

Fist half saw Camels play better football and could of scored a few with a bit better ‘final third’ decision making but Dobwalls had a great chance which was well saved. Camels went into the lead through an own goal - real defensive c… .p. 1-0

Second half saw Dobwalls start well but soon reverted to long balls and Camels took control. Camels scored from a great shot by Ryan but took a wicked deflection leaving the keeper no chance. Camels shut the game down and all finished 2-0. 

Dobwalls are a good side and will take points off a lot of teams, they miss Calvin as a strike partner to the impressive striker with a ponytail (sorry I don’t know his name). Camels didn’t really get out of 3rd gear but 3 points is 3 points

Well officiated - even If the Dobwalls coaching team don’t agree lol

LAUNCESTON  4-1  PENRYN

ATT:  62

ADMISSION: £5 (including programme)

HT SNACK: £3.50  2 cups tea/2 bags crisps

REF: Andy Glanville 5/10 🤔

PENRYN

1 ADAM ROBARTHAN;      5 BILLY WILLIAMS, 3 RUSSELL MAY(c), 17 JOE McIIROY;      2 JAKE SHAW, 8 ALEX HAYHOE, 18 MORGAN VALLEJO, 11 FRASER HARRIS, 6 BRADLEY LEIVERS;     10 JACK RAPSEY, 7 RYAN REEVE.        SUBS) 4 ADAM WILLIAMS(McIILROY 74’)  9 JAK DAVIES(HAYHOE 79’)

Eventful day, left Par at 10.15, took an hour and 10 minutes to get to Homeleigh garden centre 30 miles away but it was worth the gridlock for the superb all day breakfast!! The kind lady even swapped the tomato and black pudding for an extra rasher of bacon! Not cheap at a tenner but absolutely stuffed after and I’m a big lad these days unfortunately! Had to drag the Mrs away from the plant pots, (she’s only got bout 40 already in the back garden) with the promise of a look around the charity shops in Launceston! Parked up by the picturesque looking castle and strolled into the small town (I’m a big city Truro boy) where she soon spotted Oxfam! Rather fortuitously there was a William Hill a couple doors down, so I said meet you back in 20 minutes 😁👍 couple of quid footy bets and a greyhound that came 5th out of 6 runners and it was on to the British heart foundation, again luckily there was a Woolacotts next door so I killed 15 minutes in there eyeing up my next 65 inch tv. Had my current 55 inch for about 6 years, and I’m desperate for it to blow up but it just keeps going!! LG if you’re wondering!? 😁 One more charity shop and as it happened (shit! Sounded like Jimmy Saville then! Not what you want is it!) Smiths just 20 yards away so a browse through the books while she bought a new £10 coat “that will do for football and Center Parcs” and a £5 blouse “for work”. The coat looked brand new and really nice on her to be fair! 👍 One more coffee, well I actually had a curious coke! Not sure what’s curious about it apart from being £2 for a little bottle! Walked up the hill past the White Hart Hotel, where we used to have the annual old south western league dinner and presentation. A gents only affair from what I can remember but some cracking footy nights had by all. Was lucky enough to win a few Jack Hawke (SWL top scorer) trophies and some happy memories came flooding back. Felt a bit sad remembering being at a table with my old managers Trevor Mewton and Ray Nicholls and receiving the massive trophy off Tristan Scott, all no longer with us. Also took my dad to a couple, never a man to say well played or great goal son, luckily my mum made up for that but I could tell he was sort of proud of me on those special evenings, bless him, never hurt me him being old school. “ Get up boy, don’t show the centre half he’s hurt you”. Great advice like that, probably why I’m half crippled today!! Now the best bit, arrived at Pennygillam early for a change! Clubhouse not looking too much different to my first visits there 35 odd years ago! Same seats I think!? Good to see Bakes before kick off, not been too well recently but will take more than quite a bit of cancer amongst other complications to keep him away from a prestine Kernick Road football pitch!! There’s an awful lot of us that’s been lucky enough to play on Bakes carpets over the many years and will be forever grateful! Legend is a word that’s chucked around sometimes but there’s a real one and I know he won’t thank me for saying it! Talking of old school gents! 👏🏼️ Sorry about all that, let’s get on to the main event, the game!! Must admit felt sorry for Penryn and superb young manager Harry Pope. After waiting for this day for many years he was without several of his regular starting 11 and got off to the worst possible start after 4 minutes when a cross cum shot towards the far corner went all the way in as it so often does, luck or clever play? The hosts definitely started the better and could have added another on 20’ when bright young talent, Shae Cardiff shot across goal when clean through. Only 16 apparently, impressed before going off on the hour mark, like to see him when’s he’s 19 and a bit stronger! A quick skilful talented winger. Penryns makeshift line up gradually found their way back into the game and forced half a dozen corners by the half hour mark before skipper Russell May was yellow carded when covering back towards his goal, Launceston no 9 Ben Waters? threw himself to the ground and to make it worse the ref bought it. To make matters worse a minute later a Jake Shaw header looked to be kept out at the near post by the full backs arm. 7 minutes before the break the home keeper made a great double save from Vallejos strike from the edge of the area and then Rapsey’s follow up volley. Right on half time he was at it again saving low from Hayhoes 20 yard shot. (HT 1-0)  Had a chat with Launceston manager Dan Harts dad at half time and we agreed it was looking like a tight draw unless they scored the next goal. Thanks for the nice podcast comments as well Mr H, I’ve passed them on to Deacs. Six minutes after the break Robarthan tipped over a goal bound header from the hosts big centre half before 2 minutes later a Waters 25 yard shot took a massive deflection to wrong foot Robarthan and double the lead. The visitors deservedly pulled one backon the hour mark when one of the lads stepping up for the day Fraser Harris hit a 20 yard shot that clipped a defender on the way giving the keeper no chance. Penryn were pushing for an equaliser at this stage, Vallejo  striking a powerful half volley over on 64’, Leivers shooting just over after a great cross field pass from Rapsey on 67’ and then Launceston player manager Dan Hart was sin binned for apparent dissent and the right back booked for a nasty late tackle on Rapsey. Penryn lost McIlroy through injury on 74’. Popey went for it last 10 minutes throwing on reserve team striker Jak Davies but a minute later Launceston left wing back looked to have made a great run in behind the defence and finished well but it was ruled out for offside. Looked a great run from where I was sitting to be honest!? Anyway 2 minutes later the game was ruined in my opinion when the ref gave a non existent penalty!! No Launceston player appealed, both teams were standing around staring at each other as he made a pushing gesture!!?? 😳😳 I’m not one to bash refs, the other way if anything and I’ve seen this ref before and he was decent but I’m not sure if this was making up for getting the offside wrong minutes earlier or what but it looked a ridiculous decision and killed the game as a contest as Waters smashed it home. The softest pen ive ever seen or not seen, the ref was the only person in the ground to see it to be fair!!  🤓 The game was over on 88 minutes when Robarthan made a good reflex save only to see it bounce on top the bar and down onto the goal line where Waters gratefully tapped in his hat-trick which was quite annoying as he was backing into defenders and diving and chirping away at the ref and young linesman all afternoon who did a good job bless him. No wonder young officials give the game up. He wouldn’t have lasted long with the defenders in my day and Bakes agreed his day either going around like he does, very irritating! 😤 Shame cos he looked a decent striker.  Penryn tried to make it respectable with Reeve battling for the ball before shooting just over and Rapsey cutting inside with his low shot turned around the post by the keeper before the refs final whistle. Never a 4-1 game but well done to Launceston on the 3 points and hard luck Penryn, could have easily been a point on another day. (with another ref) 😁🤔 Caught up quickly with my disappointed lad after the game and he said Ben Waters was actually a nice bloke as well!! Guess he had the last laugh anyway! Funny old game ain’t it! That’s why we all love it 👍 Good to see Spider as well on the way out, bugger cost me a few goals over the years, now he’s making keepers gloves!! Top bloke! On to the midweek footy we go! 👍😁

St Austell 2, Tavistock 3 (FA Cup)

I took a bit of a risk deciding to watch this one after being present at St Austell’s midweek defeat at Penzance. Playing a Step 5 side such as Tavistock who have been a top Western League outfit over the recent seasons, the fear coming into the match was that it might be grossly one-sided!

I’m glad to say it was nothing like that. Tavistock were the better side for the opening spell, having a goal disallowed and a penalty claim ignored, but then the hosts got into the contest and on 20 minutes they took the lead. From a corner taken by Cam Bidgood, I thought it was the Tavy keeper who all but punched it in his own net, but I see the St Austell twitter gave it to George Marris.

No problem with that as I was at the opposite end of the pitch, and the way George has played in the two matches so far, he deserves a goal. He looks better every game I watch him.

Warren Daw equalised on 36 minutes, when a shot bounced away from Brett Allen and the Tavy player was able to squeeze the ball in under the advancing goally. But it was a vital strike by St Austell to edge back in front just before half-time when Jaffa Rowe tucked away with style probably one of the best worked goals seen at Poltair for some time.

Tavistock got back in the game once again three minutes before the hour with Teigan Rosenquest free enough at the far post to bring a cross down and score.

Rowe raced away and looked to be all but through to put St Austell in front again, but this time Tavistock’s keeper Jamie Castle blocked the striker’s effort and was this the turning point of the tie?

A draw looked a good possibility until with 9 minutes from time a defensive error allowed the Western League side in on goal and former Lillywhites Liam Prynn made no mistake for 3-2 and take the Devon side into the next round and a trip to Mangotsfield.

I suspect St Austell will be pleased that they put in a far better 90 minutes than Tuesday, although disappointed that twice in the lead they couldn’t quite close the match down to go through!

Attendance 245

1 hour ago, RAPPO said:

LAUNCESTON  4-1  PENRYN

PENRYN

1 ADAM ROBARTHAN;      5 BILLY WILLIAMS, 3 RUSSELL MAY(c), 17 JOE McIIROY;      2 JAKE SHAW, 8 ALEX HAYHOE, 18 MORGAN VALLEJO, 11 FRASER HARRIS, 6 BRADLEY LEIVERS;     10 JACK RAPSEY, 7 RYAN REEVE.        SUBS) 4 ADAM WILLIAMS(McIILROY 74’)  9 JAK DAVIES(HAYHOE 79’)

Eventful day, left Par at 10.15, took an hour and 10 minutes to get to Homeleigh garden centre 30 miles away but it was worth the gridlock for the superb all day breakfast!! The kind lady even swapped the tomato and black pudding for an extra rasher of bacon! Not cheap at a tenner but absolutely stuffed after and I’m a big lad these days unfortunately! Had to drag the Mrs away from the plant pots, (she’s only got bout 40 already in the back garden) with the promise of a look around the charity shops in Launceston! Parked up by the picturesque looking castle and strolled into the small town (I’m a big city Truro boy) where she soon spotted Oxfam! Rather fortuitously there was a William Hill a couple doors down, so I said meet you back in 20 minutes 😁👍 couple of quid footy bets and a greyhound that came 5th out of 6 runners and it was on to the British heart foundation, again luckily there was a Woolacotts next door so I killed 15 minutes in there eyeing up my next 65 inch tv. Had my current 55 inch for about 6 years, and I’m desperate for it to blow up but it just keeps going!! LG if you’re wondering!? 😁 One more charity shop and as it happened Smiths just 20 yards away so a browse through the books while she bought a new £10 coat “that will do for football and Center Parcs” and a £5 blouse “for work”. The coat looked brand new and really nice on her to be fair! 👍 One more coffee, well I actually had a curious coke! Not sure what’s curious about it apart from being £2 for a little bottle! Walked up the hill past the White Hart Hotel, where we used to have the annual old south western league dinner and presentation. A gents only affair from what I can remember but some cracking footy nights had by all. Was lucky enough to win a few Jack Hawke (SWL top scorer) trophies and some happy memories came flooding back. Felt a bit sad remembering being at a table with my old managers Trevor Mewton and Ray Nicholls and receiving the massive trophy off Tristan Scott, all no longer with us. Also took my dad to a couple, never a man to say well played or great goal son, luckily my mum made up for that but I could tell he was sort of proud of me on those special evenings, bless him, never hurt me him being old school. “ Get up boy, don’t show the centre half he’s hurt you”. Great advice like that, probably why I’m half crippled today!! Now the best bit, arrived at Pennygillam early for a change! Clubhouse not looking too much different to my first visits there 35 odd years ago! Same seats I think!? Good to see Bakes before kick off, not been too well recently but will take more than quite a bit of cancer amongst other complications to keep him away from a prestine Kernick Road football pitch!! There’s an awful lot of us that’s been lucky enough to play on Bakes carpets over the many years and will be forever grateful! Legend is a word that’s chucked around sometimes but there’s a real one and I know he won’t thank me for saying it! Talking of old school gents! 👏🏼️ Sorry about all that, let’s get on to the main event, the game!! Must admit felt sorry for Penryn and superb young manager Harry Pope. After waiting for this day for many years he was without several of his regular starting 11 and got off to the worst possible start after 4 minutes when a cross cum shot towards the far corner went all the way in as it so often does, luck or clever play? The hosts definitely started the better and could have added another on 20’ when bright young talent, Shae Cardiff shot across goal when clean through. Only 16 apparently, impressed before going off on the hour mark, like to see him when’s he’s 19 and a bit stronger! A quick skilful talented winger. Penryns makeshift line up gradually found their way back into the game and forced half a dozen corners by the half hour mark before skipper Russell May was yellow carded when covering back towards his goal, Launceston no 9 Ben Waters? threw himself to the ground and to make it worse the ref bought it. To make matters worse a minute later a Jake Shaw header looked to be kept out at the near post by the full backs arm. 7 minutes before the break the home keeper made a great double save from Vallejos strike from the edge of the area and then Rapsey’s follow up volley. Right on half time he was at it again saving low from Hayhoes 20 yard shot. (HT 1-0)  Had a chat with Launceston manager Dan Harts dad at half time and we agreed it was looking like a tight draw unless they scored the next goal. Thanks for the nice podcast comments as well Mr H, I’ve passed them on to Deacs. Six minutes after the break Robarthan tipped over a goal bound header from the hosts big centre half before 2 minutes later a Waters 25 yard shot took a massive deflection to wrong foot Robarthan and double the lead. The visitors deservedly pulled one backon the hour mark when one of the lads stepping up for the day Fraser Harris hit a 20 yard shot that clipped a defender on the way giving the keeper no chance. Penryn were pushing for an equaliser at this stage, Vallejo  striking a powerful half volley over on 64’, Leivers shooting just over after a great cross field pass from Rapsey on 67’ and then Launceston player manager Dan Hart was sin binned for apparent dissent and the right back booked for a nasty late tackle on Rapsey. Penryn lost McIlroy through injury on 74’. Popey went for it last 10 minutes throwing on reserve team striker Jak Davies but a minute later Launceston left wing back looked to have made a great run in behind the defence and finished well but it was ruled out for offside. Looked a great run from where I was sitting to be honest!? Anyway 2 minutes later the game was ruined in my opinion when the ref gave a non existent penalty!! No Launceston player appealed, both teams were standing around staring at each other as he made a pushing gesture!!?? 😳😳 I’m not one to bash refs, the other way if anything and I’ve seen this ref before and he was decent but I’m not sure if this was making up for getting the offside wrong minutes earlier or what but it looked a ridiculous decision and killed the game as a contest as Waters smashed it home. The softest pen ive ever seen or not seen, the ref was the only person in the ground to see it to be fair!!  🤓 The game was over on 88 minutes when Robarthan made a good reflex save only to see it bounce on top the bar and down onto the goal line where Waters gratefully tapped in his hat-trick which was quite annoying as he was backing into defenders and diving and chirping away at the ref and young linesman all afternoon who did a good job bless him. No wonder young officials give the game up. He wouldn’t have lasted long with the defenders in my day and Bakes agreed his day either going around like he does, very irritating! 😤 Shame cos he looked a decent striker.  Penryn tried to make it respectable with Reeve battling for the ball before shooting just over and Rapsey cutting inside with his low shot turned around the post by the keeper before the refs final whistle. Never a 4-1 game but well done to Launceston on the 3 points and hard luck Penryn, could have easily been a point on another day. (with another ref) 😁🤔 Caught up quickly with my disappointed lad after the game and he said Ben Waters was actually a nice bloke as well!! Guess he had the last laugh anyway! Funny old game ain’t it! That’s why we all love it 👍 

Rappo next time in Lanson get yourself a stonking breakfast at the P.I.E Stop right opposite the ground (up to 2pm)  Plenty of attracrions in our little town other than charity shops!!

I was delighted to hear of the Clarets win today. I'm sure it was a gane targeted for points. After a COVID interrupted pre-season of just 3 games and generally not looking too impressive in front of goal in those matches, this will do their confidence a world of good.

Good to read your thoughts Rappo. Result apart I hope you had a good day 'up north'  😉

Was at Millvrook v Saltash  The Brook came back twice and deserved to draw.

Thanks for the tip BSOTT! Always willing to try out a new fry up mate! Thought Launceston did well, keeper looked really good, couple of tall and strong defenders, my lad is 6ft 5 and one of the defenders was taller than him! Dan still quality on the ball in midfield and Waters up front looks a handful when he’s not diving and moaning. Could be a 25  goal plus striker. Young winger Shae Cardiff is well worth a watch as well, potential to be a big talent. Worth a look mate 👍️  Sounds like you watched a good cup tie! 👍🏆 

10 hours ago, RAPPO said:

LAUNCESTON  4-1  PENRYN

PENRYN

Eventful day, left Par at 10.15, took an hour and 10 minutes to get to Homeleigh garden centre 30 miles away but it was worth the gridlock for the superb all day breakfast!! The kind lady even swapped the tomato and black pudding for an extra rasher of bacon! Not cheap at a tenner but absolutely stuffed after and I’m a big lad these days unfortunately! Had to drag the Mrs away from the plant pots, (she’s only got bout 40 already in the back garden) with the promise of a look around the charity shops in Launceston! Parked up by the picturesque looking castle and strolled into the small town (I’m a big city Truro boy) where she soon spotted Oxfam! Rather fortuitously there was a William Hill a couple doors down, so I said meet you back in 20 minutes 😁👍 couple of quid footy bets and a greyhound that came 5th out of 6 runners and it was on to the British heart foundation, again luckily there was a Woolacotts next door so I killed 15 minutes in there eyeing up my next 65 inch tv. Had my current 55 inch for about 6 years, and I’m desperate for it to blow up but it just keeps going!! LG if you’re wondering!? 😁 One more charity shop and as it happened Smiths just 20 yards away so a browse through the books while she bought a new £10 coat “that will do for football and Center Parcs” and a £5 blouse “for work”. The coat looked brand new and really nice on her to be fair! 👍 One more coffee, well I actually had a curious coke! Not sure what’s curious about it apart from being £2 for a little bottle! Walked up the hill past the White Hart Hotel, where we used to have the annual old south western league dinner and presentation. A gents only affair from what I can remember but some cracking footy nights had by all. Was lucky enough to win a few Jack Hawke (SWL top scorer) trophies and some happy memories came flooding back. Felt a bit sad remembering being at a table with my old managers Trevor Mewton and Ray Nicholls and receiving the massive trophy off Tristan Scott, all no longer with us. Also took my dad to a couple, never a man to say well played or great goal son, luckily my mum made up for that but I could tell he was sort of proud of me on those special evenings, bless him, never hurt me him being old school. “ Get up boy, don’t show the centre half he’s hurt you”. Great advice like that, probably why I’m half crippled today!! Now the best bit, arrived at Pennygillam early for a change! Clubhouse not looking too much different to my first visits there 35 odd years ago! Same seats I think!? Good to see Bakes before kick off, not been too well recently but will take more than quite a bit of cancer amongst other complications to keep him away from a prestine Kernick Road football pitch!! There’s an awful lot of us that’s been lucky enough to play on Bakes carpets over the many years and will be forever grateful! Legend is a word that’s chucked around sometimes but there’s a real one and I know he won’t thank me for saying it! Talking of old school gents! 👏🏼️ Sorry about all that, let’s get on to the main event, the game!! Must admit felt sorry for Penryn and superb young manager Harry Pope. After waiting for this day for many years he was without several of his regular starting 11 and got off to the worst possible start after 4 minutes when a cross cum shot towards the far corner went all the way in as it so often does, luck or clever play? The hosts definitely started the better and could have added another on 20’ when bright young talent, Shae Cardiff shot across goal when clean through. Only 16 apparently, impressed before going off on the hour mark, like to see him when’s he’s 19 and a bit stronger! A quick skilful talented winger. Penryns makeshift line up gradually found their way back into the game and forced half a dozen corners by the half hour mark before skipper Russell May was yellow carded when covering back towards his goal, Launceston no 9 Ben Waters? threw himself to the ground and to make it worse the ref bought it. To make matters worse a minute later a Jake Shaw header looked to be kept out at the near post by the full backs arm. 7 minutes before the break the home keeper made a great double save from Vallejos strike from the edge of the area and then Rapsey’s follow up volley. Right on half time he was at it again saving low from Hayhoes 20 yard shot. (HT 1-0)  Had a chat with Launceston manager Dan Harts dad at half time and we agreed it was looking like a tight draw unless they scored the next goal. Thanks for the nice podcast comments as well Mr H, I’ve passed them on to Deacs. Six minutes after the break Robarthan tipped over a goal bound header from the hosts big centre half before 2 minutes later a Waters 25 yard shot took a massive deflection to wrong foot Robarthan and double the lead. The visitors deservedly pulled one backon the hour mark when one of the lads stepping up for the day Fraser Harris hit a 20 yard shot that clipped a defender on the way giving the keeper no chance. Penryn were pushing for an equaliser at this stage, Vallejo  striking a powerful half volley over on 64’, Leivers shooting just over after a great cross field pass from Rapsey on 67’ and then Launceston player manager Dan Hart was sin binned for apparent dissent and the right back booked for a nasty late tackle on Rapsey. Penryn lost McIlroy through injury on 74’. Popey went for it last 10 minutes throwing on reserve team striker Jak Davies but a minute later Launceston left wing back looked to have made a great run in behind the defence and finished well but it was ruled out for offside. Looked a great run from where I was sitting to be honest!? Anyway 2 minutes later the game was ruined in my opinion when the ref gave a non existent penalty!! No Launceston player appealed, both teams were standing around staring at each other as he made a pushing gesture!!?? 😳😳 I’m not one to bash refs, the other way if anything and I’ve seen this ref before and he was decent but I’m not sure if this was making up for getting the offside wrong minutes earlier or what but it looked a ridiculous decision and killed the game as a contest as Waters smashed it home. The softest pen ive ever seen or not seen, the ref was the only person in the ground to see it to be fair!!  🤓 The game was over on 88 minutes when Robarthan made a good reflex save only to see it bounce on top the bar and down onto the goal line where Waters gratefully tapped in his hat-trick which was quite annoying as he was backing into defenders and diving and chirping away at the ref and young linesman all afternoon who did a good job bless him. No wonder young officials give the game up. He wouldn’t have lasted long with the defenders in my day and Bakes agreed his day either going around like he does, very irritating! 😤 Shame cos he looked a decent striker.  Penryn tried to make it respectable with Reeve battling for the ball before shooting just over and Rapsey cutting inside with his low shot turned around the post by the keeper before the refs final whistle. Never a 4-1 game but well done to Launceston on the 3 points and hard luck Penryn, could have easily been a point on another day. (with another ref) 😁🤔 Caught up quickly with my disappointed lad after the game and he said Ben Waters was actually a nice bloke as well!! Guess he had the last laugh anyway! Funny old game ain’t it! That’s why we all love it 👍 

Excellent report as always mate ,love the reminiscing bit ,can hear your mum and dad now, driving along in the old red cortina . 😁🤣😂

Haha cheers Nige!! Rach was watching a shite film on Netflix so made it an extra long report! 😂 Yeah mate! Forgot that car! 😁 Done some miles in that one they did! From Appledore to Willand Rovers and Weston Super Mare and back to Penzance! Bless em, racked up a few miles watching the Town mate!! 🟡️ Great days mate! Catch up with you soon Nige 👍

St Blazey 1-1 Porthleven 

Watched this game admit Blazey missing players Port with a lot of youngsters worked really hard keeper outstanding to keep Blazey from scoring 4 in the first half however Port deserved to be leading at the half as silly as it may sound .

Second half continuous pressure from Blazey but Port still looking likely to score a goal as well, equaliser well deserved but in my opinion unless Blazey sign an out an out striker goals might be a little hard to come by at present anyway but what do I know . 
Point a piece seems fair under the circumstances on how this one went .

11 hours ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Rappo next time in Lanson get yourself a stonking breakfast at the P.I.E Stop right opposite the ground (up to 2pm)  Plenty of attracrions in our little town other than charity shops!!

I was delighted to hear of the Clarets win today. I'm sure it was a gane targeted for points. After a COVID interrupted pre-season of just 3 games and generally not looking too impressive in front of goal in those matches, this will do their confidence a world of good.

Good to read your thoughts Rappo. Result apart I hope you had a good day 'up north'  😉

Was at Millvrook v Saltash  The Brook came back twice and deserved to draw.

Or a pasty from Phillip Warren butchers just at the entrance to Pennygillam 

17 hours ago, RAPPO said:

LAUNCESTON  4-1  PENRYN

PENRYN

Eventful day, left Par at 10.15, took an hour and 10 minutes to get to Homeleigh garden centre 30 miles away but it was worth the gridlock for the superb all day breakfast!! The kind lady even swapped the tomato and black pudding for an extra rasher of bacon! Not cheap at a tenner but absolutely stuffed after and I’m a big lad these days unfortunately! Had to drag the Mrs away from the plant pots, (she’s only got bout 40 already in the back garden) with the promise of a look around the charity shops in Launceston! Parked up by the picturesque looking castle and strolled into the small town (I’m a big city Truro boy) where she soon spotted Oxfam! Rather fortuitously there was a William Hill a couple doors down, so I said meet you back in 20 minutes 😁👍 couple of quid footy bets and a greyhound that came 5th out of 6 runners and it was on to the British heart foundation, again luckily there was a Woolacotts next door so I killed 15 minutes in there eyeing up my next 65 inch tv. Had my current 55 inch for about 6 years, and I’m desperate for it to blow up but it just keeps going!! LG if you’re wondering!? 😁 One more charity shop and as it happened (shit! Sounded like Jimmy Saville then! Not what you want is it!) Smiths just 20 yards away so a browse through the books while she bought a new £10 coat “that will do for football and Center Parcs” and a £5 blouse “for work”. The coat looked brand new and really nice on her to be fair! 👍 One more coffee, well I actually had a curious coke! Not sure what’s curious about it apart from being £2 for a little bottle! Walked up the hill past the White Hart Hotel, where we used to have the annual old south western league dinner and presentation. A gents only affair from what I can remember but some cracking footy nights had by all. Was lucky enough to win a few Jack Hawke (SWL top scorer) trophies and some happy memories came flooding back. Felt a bit sad remembering being at a table with my old managers Trevor Mewton and Ray Nicholls and receiving the massive trophy off Tristan Scott, all no longer with us. Also took my dad to a couple, never a man to say well played or great goal son, luckily my mum made up for that but I could tell he was sort of proud of me on those special evenings, bless him, never hurt me him being old school. “ Get up boy, don’t show the centre half he’s hurt you”. Great advice like that, probably why I’m half crippled today!! Now the best bit, arrived at Pennygillam early for a change! Clubhouse not looking too much different to my first visits there 35 odd years ago! Same seats I think!? Good to see Bakes before kick off, not been too well recently but will take more than quite a bit of cancer amongst other complications to keep him away from a prestine Kernick Road football pitch!! There’s an awful lot of us that’s been lucky enough to play on Bakes carpets over the many years and will be forever grateful! Legend is a word that’s chucked around sometimes but there’s a real one and I know he won’t thank me for saying it! Talking of old school gents! 👏🏼️ Sorry about all that, let’s get on to the main event, the game!! Must admit felt sorry for Penryn and superb young manager Harry Pope. After waiting for this day for many years he was without several of his regular starting 11 and got off to the worst possible start after 4 minutes when a cross cum shot towards the far corner went all the way in as it so often does, luck or clever play? The hosts definitely started the better and could have added another on 20’ when bright young talent, Shae Cardiff shot across goal when clean through. Only 16 apparently, impressed before going off on the hour mark, like to see him when’s he’s 19 and a bit stronger! A quick skilful talented winger. Penryns makeshift line up gradually found their way back into the game and forced half a dozen corners by the half hour mark before skipper Russell May was yellow carded when covering back towards his goal, Launceston no 9 Ben Waters? threw himself to the ground and to make it worse the ref bought it. To make matters worse a minute later a Jake Shaw header looked to be kept out at the near post by the full backs arm. 7 minutes before the break the home keeper made a great double save from Vallejos strike from the edge of the area and then Rapsey’s follow up volley. Right on half time he was at it again saving low from Hayhoes 20 yard shot. (HT 1-0)  Had a chat with Launceston manager Dan Harts dad at half time and we agreed it was looking like a tight draw unless they scored the next goal. Thanks for the nice podcast comments as well Mr H, I’ve passed them on to Deacs. Six minutes after the break Robarthan tipped over a goal bound header from the hosts big centre half before 2 minutes later a Waters 25 yard shot took a massive deflection to wrong foot Robarthan and double the lead. The visitors deservedly pulled one backon the hour mark when one of the lads stepping up for the day Fraser Harris hit a 20 yard shot that clipped a defender on the way giving the keeper no chance. Penryn were pushing for an equaliser at this stage, Vallejo  striking a powerful half volley over on 64’, Leivers shooting just over after a great cross field pass from Rapsey on 67’ and then Launceston player manager Dan Hart was sin binned for apparent dissent and the right back booked for a nasty late tackle on Rapsey. Penryn lost McIlroy through injury on 74’. Popey went for it last 10 minutes throwing on reserve team striker Jak Davies but a minute later Launceston left wing back looked to have made a great run in behind the defence and finished well but it was ruled out for offside. Looked a great run from where I was sitting to be honest!? Anyway 2 minutes later the game was ruined in my opinion when the ref gave a non existent penalty!! No Launceston player appealed, both teams were standing around staring at each other as he made a pushing gesture!!?? 😳😳 I’m not one to bash refs, the other way if anything and I’ve seen this ref before and he was decent but I’m not sure if this was making up for getting the offside wrong minutes earlier or what but it looked a ridiculous decision and killed the game as a contest as Waters smashed it home. The softest pen ive ever seen or not seen, the ref was the only person in the ground to see it to be fair!!  🤓 The game was over on 88 minutes when Robarthan made a good reflex save only to see it bounce on top the bar and down onto the goal line where Waters gratefully tapped in his hat-trick which was quite annoying as he was backing into defenders and diving and chirping away at the ref and young linesman all afternoon who did a good job bless him. No wonder young officials give the game up. He wouldn’t have lasted long with the defenders in my day and Bakes agreed his day either going around like he does, very irritating! 😤 Shame cos he looked a decent striker.  Penryn tried to make it respectable with Reeve battling for the ball before shooting just over and Rapsey cutting inside with his low shot turned around the post by the keeper before the refs final whistle. Never a 4-1 game but well done to Launceston on the 3 points and hard luck Penryn, could have easily been a point on another day. (with another ref) 😁🤔 Caught up quickly with my disappointed lad after the game and he said Ben Waters was actually a nice bloke as well!! Guess he had the last laugh anyway! Funny old game ain’t it! That’s why we all love it 👍 Good to see Spider as well on the way out, bugger cost me a few goals over the years, now he’s making keepers gloves!! Top bloke! On to the midweek footy we go! 👍😁

There is a career move to be had. "Rappo's Towns", sounds more interesting than a lot of the celebrity based TV travel shows. 40 garden pots though? Where do you put the box nets? 😀

Know it's very early days, but a sweet opening day victory for Dan Hart's Launceston. Most people on here (myself included) though they would struggle. Having a goalscorer helps, I still think that Penryn's pair of Rapsey and Reeves will mean that they will finish closer to the top than bottom, but if Lanson have Ben Waters for the season (and he never seems to stick around at clubs for too long) then that is a plus for them.

LISKEARD ATHLETIC 2 NEWQUAY 1

Dodgy head count: 67 (specsavers appointment due late August)

Always wise to keep your powder dry after opening game expectations but one cannot fail to be impressed by the entertaining quality football provided by this talented Liskeard side.

Newquay came to Lux Park with plenty of punter-predicted title pontifications echoing amidst the breeze but stumbled straight into a total-football whirlwind.

Liskeard had a few key players missing but still managed to put down a marker that their enterprising troupe had all the attributes to shake up the SWPL West this season.

The home side had the best of what was a thoroughly rewarding game of relentless end to end football. They look a good side, a very good side.

No exaggeration, this could easily have ended up with a 10-6 scoreline.

I'm not one for minute by minute recollections but what we got on the pitch from these two clubs was exceedingly good value for the admission price.

Near misses, wonder saves, relentless waves of attacks from both sides and the sheer absolute total commitment gave the attending public a wonderful spectacle.

All played on a superb surface in the beckoning nearby presence of Caradon Hill, what more could one want, they even threw in the highly acclaimed Tea Hut.

Wonderful entertainment.    

Haha wouldn’t want to put you all through that length of report every week WOTP!!  Just had a spare hour! 😁👍 Yeah agree, think I said to the boy at golf on Friday if they can get 10/12 wins and a few draws out of those 34 games then it’ll be a decent season to achieve 35/40 points first season back in the league. Just getting used to that step up after being used to winning most weeks in the St.Piran league. Be an interesting season for them but they got enough talented players to be fine I think. Think Launceston will be the same WOTP, got enough decent players there to pick up enough points to be more than comfortable I think. League tables not really worth looking at until Xmas anyway really. 👍🤔

22 hours ago, RAPPO said:

LAUNCESTON  4-1  PENRYN

PENRYN

Good report that, though I did have to check I was on a football forum still when I read "cum shot" 🤣

22 hours ago, RAPPO said:

LAUNCESTON  4-1  PENRYN

PENRYN

Rappo "The Waltz" is a nice lad but don't ever put your address on here or he'll have that big tv you don't want off you quicker than he can throw himself to the floor! 

Haha yeah the boy said he was a really nice bloke after the game to be fair FT3!!  😁. Just found his diving and whinging a bit irritating to watch for 90 minutes which was a shame cos you can see he’s a decent striker with good movement and an eye for goal. Perhaps I’m just a bit old school!? 🤓 Felt a bit for the young Lino who seemed a nice lad and copped it a few times not just from Waltz to be honest. Yeah he was pretty nifty, reckon that 55 inch tv be out the door in no time!! 😂👍 Must admit I fancy him for 25 goals this season though! 😁👏🏼

On 07/08/2021 at 22:51, RAPPO said:

LAUNCESTON  4-1  PENRYN

PENRYN

Come on rappo .. slightly seen through  rose tinted classes mate . Was well beaten on the day . Had 6 sun on the bench and he only said the day before he had a full squad of 18 . So strange how after the game was missing loads 👀🤯😂. Waltz was causing absolute mayhem yeah annoying and wins a lot of fouls but I watched u for a years and u was very similar won fouls scored goals .. the lad is nearly 34 now so he’s no exactly  fresh but still ruin your back four all game . Held it up , won fouls scored a Hatrick 🤷🏼‍♂️ As for backing in and winning fouls isn’t that an art ??? Dunno what else he could of done . As for playing in yiur day he would of loved it . Same as his old Man U must know quite well . Dave waters !! … Once u cross that white line u do anything for the team to win . U of all people should no that . Very tight first half not much init . Yeah definitely looked handball on the line from the fullback . 1-0 half time slightly harsh . Even tho Launceston went down to 10 players  after the sin bin of the manager. That’s how penryn got back in the Game . Soon as it was 11 vs 11 Launceston got back on top and matey was about 2 yards onside . The linesmen was about 10 yards beHind and just guessed . As for the pen was never ever a pen as u said no one appealed 🤯 great pen tho 👌🏻Waters smashed it top right no chance for the keeper . Very lucky to get a 4th tho as ball crossed from the right somehow got tipped on the bar and waters right place right time tap in For his hatrick . Will say he is very annoying tho 😂 heard he’s crazy lad off the pitch . Did see him go up to your lad after the game have a 3 min chat with him . 4-1 harsh but Launceston definitely deserved all 3 points 

On 07/08/2021 at 22:51, RAPPO said:

LAUNCESTON  4-1  PENRYN

PENRYN

ah come on mate

Soz if I annoyed ya mate

dad says hi 👌🏻

1 hour ago, Slidetackletechnician said:

Come on rappo .. slightly seen through  rose tinted classes mate . Was well beaten on the day . Had 6 sun on the bench and he only said the day before he had a full squad of 18 . So strange how after the game was missing loads 👀🤯😂. Waltz was causing absolute mayhem yeah annoying and wins a lot of fouls but I watched u for a years and u was very similar won fouls scored goals .. the lad is nearly 34 now so he’s no exactly  fresh but still ruin your back four all game . Held it up , won fouls scored a Hatrick 🤷🏼‍♂️ As for backing in and winning fouls isn’t that an art ??? Dunno what else he could of done . As for playing in yiur day he would of loved it . Same as his old Man U must know quite well . Dave waters !! … Once u cross that white line u do anything for the team to win . U of all people should no that . Very tight first half not much init . Yeah definitely looked handball on the line from the fullback . 1-0 half time slightly harsh . Even tho Launceston went down to 10 players  after the sin bin of the manager. That’s how penryn got back in the Game . Soon as it was 11 vs 11 Launceston got back on top and matey was about 2 yards onside . The linesmen was about 10 yards beHind and just guessed . As for the pen was never ever a pen as u said no one appealed 🤯 great pen tho 👌🏻Waters smashed it top right no chance for the keeper . Very lucky to get a 4th tho as ball crossed from the right somehow got tipped on the bar and waters right place right time tap in For his hatrick . Will say he is very annoying tho 😂 heard he’s crazy lad off the pitch . Did see him go up to your lad after the game have a 3 min chat with him . 4-1 harsh but Launceston definitely deserved all 3 points 

Your goalkeeper had a very good game as well, a draw looked the most likely but a deflection and a friendly rebound off the bar slightly unbalanced the game. 

The boy up front was a whingeing,  moaning pain in the arse all game, but would have him in my team.

Certainly in the "old" days a few centre halves I know would have given him a back handed compliment or two...if you know what I mean...lol.

Don’t disagree with too much of that to be honest slide tackle apart from anyone who watches Penryn regularly will know that in that team there was only about  6 or 7 of what Popey would call his best team starting on Saturday though. No excuses though obviously, how often do you get to play your full strength team anyway through one reason or another? I’m sure Dan had one or two missing maybe? I always try and write a report from both sides so sorry if you thought I had the Rose glasses on! 😁 Yeah you’re probably right, like to think I was an honest lad but can’t deny diving for a few pens back in the day!! As you say, all about the win for the team ain’t it! Didnt know Waltz was Daves lad!! Dave was some player in his day and a great bloke! Got to be honest, wrote the report Saturday night soon as I got home and was still a bit pissed off with the 1-4 scoreline, felt a bit sorry for the lads. Thought 2-2 or maybe 2-3 would have been a fair reflection of the game, funny how we all see it differently though! Did hear the Launceston gent phoning through the report after the game when I was chatting to Spider and he sounded really fair saying it was a 50/50 game etc so fair play to him. Think I might have been more pissed off about some of the refs decisions than anything else which ain’t like me either, usually a defender of the man in black, tough old job these days! 

Hi Waltz!! Didn’t know Dave is your dad!! Say a big hello to him for me mate! 👍 Can see a similarity there now I think about it, you’re both certainly lively on the pitch and a nightmare for defenders that’s for sure!! Apologise if you thought I was a bit harsh, at the end of the day you scored a opening day hat-trick and I know what a great feeling that is 👍 You don’t look 33 to be honest Waltz the way you play! My knees were on the way out by then! If that’s the way you play to get you up for it then who am I to disagree! Just felt sorry for the young Lino a couple times! Don’t blame you at all for having a go at the ref on the day! Some strange old decisions I thought 😳🤔 Superb penalty as well, reminded me of Maguires in the shoot out against Italy!  👏🏼 My boy said you were a top bloke and that’s good enough for me mate, hope you have a great season, can see you getting 25 - 30 on that form. Regards and best wishes to dad Waltz, see you at Penryn later in the season 👍

1 hour ago, RAPPO said:

Don’t disagree with too much of that to be honest slide tackle apart from anyone who watches Penryn regularly will know that in that team there was only about  6 or 7 of what Popey would call his best team starting on Saturday though. No excuses though obviously, how often do you get to play your full strength team anyway through one reason or another? I’m sure Dan had one or two missing maybe? I always try and write a report from both sides so sorry if you thought I had the Rose glasses on! 😁 Yeah you’re probably right, like to think I was an honest lad but can’t deny diving for a few pens back in the day!! As you say, all about the win for the team ain’t it! Didnt know Waltz was Daves lad!! Dave was some player in his day and a great bloke! Got to be honest, wrote the report Saturday night soon as I got home and was still a bit pissed off with the 1-4 scoreline, felt a bit sorry for the lads. Thought 2-2 or maybe 2-3 would have been a fair reflection of the game, funny how we all see it differently though! Did hear the Launceston gent phoning through the report after the game when I was chatting to Spider and he sounded really fair saying it was a 50/50 game etc so fair play to him. Think I might have been more pissed off about some of the refs decisions than anything else which ain’t like me either, usually a defender of the man in black, tough old job these days! 

Hi Waltz!! Didn’t know Dave is your dad!! Say a big hello to him for me mate! 👍 Can see a similarity there now I think about it, you’re both certainly lively on the pitch and a nightmare for defenders that’s for sure!! Apologise if you thought I was a bit harsh, at the end of the day you scored a opening day hat-trick and I know what a great feeling that is 👍 You don’t look 33 to be honest Waltz the way you play! My knees were on the way out by then! If that’s the way you play to get you up for it then who am I to disagree! Just felt sorry for the young Lino a couple times! Don’t blame you at all for having a go at the ref on the day! Some strange old decisions I thought 😳🤔 Superb penalty as well, reminded me of Maguires in the shoot out against Italy!  👏🏼 My boy said you were a top bloke and that’s good enough for me mate, hope you have a great season, can see you getting 25 - 30 on that form. Regards and best wishes to dad Waltz, see you at Penryn later in the season 👍

Top man rappo 🤙🤙 Cheers I’ve still got a few good years left in these old bad boys lol yeah couldn’t of asked for a better a start . Ya lads a top bloke and player , see ya on the Away leg . 🤪