Cornwall Football Forum

CITY to have new owners!

What a surprise to read this announcement via Sunday Independent twitter :-

“Truro City have announced that contracts have been exchanged for the sale of the club, which is now subject to The National League approval.

On the news, former joint-owners Peter Masters and Philip Perryman say ‘this is a positive move for Truro City and the new owners are committed to taking the club, at its current level, in the National League.”

Can't believe somebody has actually paid for a headache! 

I assume the price paid was the obligatory £1 as all the dosh that could've been made out of TCFC has been made.

Unless of course there is a bit of land going somewhere? Looking for a new home has been bandied about.

Fools and their money are soon parted.

20 minutes ago, karaoke said:

So who has bought it?

The club has really played a beauty with this announcement. Even their radio friends haven’t got a clue at the moment. All anyone has quoted is the original announcement.

Let’s hope it’s good news for all, but more importantly that any sale doesn’t drag on and on!

Just released by TCFC ....

The league-leaders are in town

Truro City are delighted to confirm that for Tuesday night`s home game against the current league leaders, Woking, all admission prices have been reduced. For the game the following prices will apply.

ADULTS (Over 18s) £ 5.00
ALL UNDER 18s FREE

Before the game in the clubhouse at 6.45pm Peter Masters and Philip Perryman will be holding a Questions and Answers session on all things Truro City and supporters are invited to ask them any question that is on their minds. Obviously the recent take-over news will be high on the agenda and Peter and Philip will answer all questions as honestly and openly as they are allowed to within the constraints of the confidentially agreement that is currently in place.

So please get yourselves down to Treyew Road this coming Tuesday and find out the latest news before of course watching the White Tigers take on the Cards of Woking.

The National League South game kicks off at the usual midweek time of 7.45pm but please be early.

Well i'll be the first to thank Peter and Pepe for all they have done to save the club and keep this level of football in Cornwall.  Its not been an easy ride for them i'm sure.

Lets hope our new owners are billionaires from Dubai!!  Don't think so somehow.  Lets hope we get a decent crowd and a win on Tuesday to give them a fitting send off.

10 minutes ago, Chris Davey said:

£5 admission is good news and hopefully a decent sized crowd turn up.

Hopefully with the takeover announcement there will be positive times ahead for the club - fingers crossed!

Cheaper than Falmouth town...Big Al will be on his soap box.

Think I'll go to this one unless there's another soap opera on the TV.

1 hour ago, mattelot said:

Cornish Tigers ! Never say Never! 😁

Could be a consortium Nige headed by Kevin Heaney and Steve Massey. Everyone waits with baited breath. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, superdario said:

Well i'll be the first to thank Peter and Pepe for all they have done to save the club and keep this level of football in Cornwall.  Its not been an easy ride for them i'm sure.

Lets hope our new owners are billionaires from Dubai!!  Don't think so somehow.  Lets hope we get a decent crowd and a win on Tuesday to give them a fitting send off.

Be nice if the new owners bought the ground back as well. Was it not Glen Campbell who sang all I have to do is dream, not forgetting Bobbie Gentry of course. 

10 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

The club has really played a beauty with this announcement. Even their radio friends haven’t got a clue at the moment. All anyone has quoted is the original announcement.

Let’s hope it’s good news for all, but more importantly that any sale doesn’t drag on and on!

All very cloak and dagger.

Something ,just doesnt feel right.

9 hours ago, superdario said:

Masters is there ,until the end of the season.

7 hours ago, Rayvon said:

Could be a consortium Nige headed by Kevin Heaney and Steve Massey. Everyone waits with baited breath. :thumbsup:

Be nice if the new owners bought the ground back as well. Was it not Glen Campbell who sang all I have to do is dream, not forgetting Bobbie Gentry of course. 

Messers Heaney and Massey .Hmmmm ! Could mean you'l  be a feeder club for Helston .😁

7 hours ago, Rayvon said:

You must be older than me Adlestrop I was only six when that version came out, incidentally that coincides with the same year that I attended my first game at Treyew Road. Those were The days my friend.

That would be back in the day when my Uncle, Bill Martin was Chairman. Used to watch him making up the likes of Mel Triggs, Harold Jeffries, Basil Steer and Colin Slades 'expenses' in brown envelopes in his Plumbing business office on Friday afternoons! Happy days.

13 hours ago, unclebilltc said:

That would be back in the day when my Uncle, Bill Martin was Chairman. Used to watch him making up the likes of Mel Triggs, Harold Jeffries, Basil Steer and Colin Slades 'expenses' in brown envelopes in his Plumbing business office on Friday afternoons! Happy days.

Do you remember my half brother who was playing then unclebilltc his name was Rex Jennings? Played for the county as well.

No sorry, I don't. I could reel off several more names from approx 1957 to 1967 but Rex Jennings not come to mind. Do you remember Bill Martin, his office/workshop down on Lemon Quay?

17 hours ago, Rayvon said:

Do you remember my half brother who was playing then unclebilltc his name was Rex Jennings? Played for the county as well.

Hi Ray, hope you’re well mate. Rex was our Truro Minors u15 manager for a couple seasons, lovely bloke and still fit as a fiddle when he was about 60!!! Still joined in our 5 a sides at training and ran rings around us at times!! Remember scoring a last minute winner up St.Blazey and Rex did a full on somersault!! Real top bloke 👍

On 23 February 2019 at 12:15, Rayvon said:

Glen Campbell loved football - he was the Whichita linesman for years! 👍

2 hours ago, Outsider said:

Western Morning News yesterday (25/02/19)  Page 39

"The new owners are understood to be the Endorsed Group, the software and recruitment firm which has been funding South West Peninsula League club Mousehole."

noooooo, really,,,,,, what a surprise there.....                               

MQx