Cornwall Football Forum

NEWQUAY v FALMOUTH TOWN CSC QUARTER FINAL

12 hours ago, Cornishfootyfanatic said:

Tom Moxham was solid. Newquay unfortunately saw two ex players perform at top of game. As for the name calling of Jack I feel ashamed for the club that even allowed the “youth” to get away with it. Jack is best player in Cornwall Newquay should be happy for him. Super fast Josh is always sharp, doesn’t get the game time to show everyone what he can do. 

Tom moxham great player 👍🏼 son of adrian 

13 hours ago, Cornishfootyfanatic said:

Tom Moxham was solid. Newquay unfortunately saw two ex players perform at top of game. As for the name calling of Jack I feel ashamed for the club that even allowed the “youth” to get away with it. Jack is best player in Cornwall Newquay should be happy for him. Super fast Josh is always sharp, doesn’t get the game time to show everyone what he can do. 

Jack isnt even the best player at Falmouth, let alone Cornwall

I dont think there is any other player  in Cornwall as good as Jack 1 player right up there is Camelfords Ed Harrison hes a great player but i have not seen a player that is good as Jack .As for the abuse he got from those idiots up Newquay last Saturday they should of been evicted from the ground , I think that episode could affect Newquay if Falmouth  where to up appear there again in a Semi Final or Final i was standing by a Policeman on Saturday but i never heard anything shouted at Jack from where i was did hear the F Troop swearing but that wasnt at anyone just in there songs ,they are just Brilliant hope Pickachoo is ok after that cowardly assault by that women 

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

I dont think there is any other player  in Cornwall as good as Jack 1 player right up there is Camelfords Ed Harrison hes a great player but i have not seen a player that is good as Jack .As for the abuse he got from those idiots up Newquay last Saturday they should of been evicted from the ground , I think that episode could affect Newquay if Falmouth  where to up appear there again in a Semi Final or Final i was standing by a Policeman on Saturday but i never heard anything shouted at Jack from where i was did hear the F Troop swearing but that wasnt at anyone just in there songs ,they are just Brilliant hope Pickachoo is ok after that cowardly assault by that women 

Liskeard's James Lorenz is a lot better than Jack. 

10 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

agree 100%. I think there’s a lot of jealousy when it comes to Jack. I think he’ll end up at Truro or beyond next year. Moxham is good, he’s a funny boy as well. Heard him making jokes Saturday which made me chuckle during such a huge occasion. 

Whatever your opinion is about the foul language and abuse that is claimed to be banter that is prevelant in a lot of football stadia, the fact is that blasphemy in a public place is against the law.
Would the same people who let themselves down at a football match, be brave enough to walk down a street of their home town or village uttering abusive language for all and sundry to hear?
It's very doubtful as if there was a policeman in the vicinity you would likely be warned or arrested if you continued.
As long as football clubs allow it to happen, those who  seemingly can only express their feelings with foul mouthed chants and abuse will continue.
Unfortunately Newquay is one of several clubs that have the problem.

11 hours ago, Cornishfootyfanatic said:

i was standing by a Policeman on Saturday but i never heard anything shouted at Jack from where i was

We feel it proves the point we made that its known that it's an offence to use offensive language in public, hence no abuse from the area the police officer was in.
Unfortunately as long as no action is taken, the problem will continue especially where ( and with no particular group in mind ) the assumed security of a pact instinct, gives the perpetrators a sense of being above the law.
We experienced it in the old days of the football league, when an abusive fan became segregated from their peers a very timid personage appeared.

22 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

lovely to see you being so supportive of a local lad, but James Ward is by far and away a better player - played for Truro and could still do now. Don't get me wrong, JBE is a fantastic player also. I am also a big admirer of Ed Harrison - used to play for Cribbs who are a league or so above, so obviously shows his quality - very surprised Mr Massey hasnt been on the phone to all of the 3 players i've mentioned

Interesting comments about Saltash crowds and promotion by winning the league. 

Just looking through our attendances, 224 is about bang on average this season and is around 100+ higher than average in SWPL. Not too shabby. Can’t say Helston brought too many but a lot more than some other TSWL clubs. Bitton came with 2 supporters! It’s a surprise to go to some places and find the support is really low (as in under 100) even by some clubs who were at Step 3 and 4 Southern league recently. 

Yes it’s a shame we got promoted on the basis of PPG rather than seeing the conclusion to 2019/20 and 2020/21. But then we don’t make the rules, just abide by them. 

Looking forward to seeing clubs join us in Step 5 from Cornwall. 

10 minutes ago, Philheybrookbay said:

Interesting comments about Saltash crowds and promotion by winning the league. 

Just looking through our attendances, 224 is about bang on average this season and is around 100+ higher than average in SWPL. Not too shabby. Can’t say Helston brought too many but a lot more than some other TSWL clubs. Bitton came with 2 supporters! It’s a surprise to go to some places and find the support is really low (as in under 100) even by some clubs who were at Step 3 and 4 Southern league recently. 

Yes it’s a shame we got promoted on the basis of PPG rather than seeing the conclusion to 2019/20 and 2020/21. But then we don’t make the rules, just abide by them. 

Looking forward to seeing clubs join us in Step 5 from Cornwall. 

To be fair that a big improvement on crowds for Saltash they use to only get 90-100 most weekends but you feel a town that size should be getting many more through the gates. 

17 hours ago, Cornishfootyfanatic said:

agree 100%. I think there’s a lot of jealousy when it comes to Jack. I think he’ll end up at Truro or beyond next year. Moxham is good, he’s a funny boy as well. Heard him making jokes Saturday which made me chuckle during such a huge occasion. 

Tom is a funny lad took the mickey out of my top hat ha ha

I saw James Lorenz playing for Truro on trial Silly Billy and he was out of his depth and they did not sign him if JBE went there im sure he would fit in straight away .No Football Chat I am not Cornish Fanatic im just plain old 100% Cornish thats bad enough people know who i am anyway dont see what the point is using False names my Real name is Boris Johnson . I hope JBE doesnt end up at Helston thats a backward step look at all the youngsters that where now that have gone players like Lewis Tonkin , Alex Warton and lots more out of that brilliant young side they had they brought in all these players paying big bucks and these youngsters where just let go .

5 hours ago, SCFC said:

lovely to see you being so supportive of a local lad, but James Ward is by far and away a better player - played for Truro and could still do now. Don't get me wrong, JBE is a fantastic player also. I am also a big admirer of Ed Harrison - used to play for Cribbs who are a league or so above, so obviously shows his quality - very surprised Mr Massey hasnt been on the phone to all of the 3 players i've mentioned

Why on earth would JBE and Wardy leave Falmouth Town and the journey we are on to join Helston ?? Playing in front of massive F-Troop  crowds, a party atmosphere, the colour, the noise.  Playing at the best ground in Cornwall for the biggest club, a club steeped in history and tradition to play in front of a silent crowd of around 100 with no atmosphere at Helston. Falmouth Town win trophies btw. Whats the last trophy Steve Massey won despite all the money spent???

JBE scoring in front of the Packet end, running past an adoring F-Troop is stuff an extra £50 in your brown envelope can't buy. it's priceless. Ask any striker at our level if they would they love it ? 

If things go well for the rest of the season and we do actually "WIN"  promotion i fully expect a stampede of quality players knocking on Westys door asking to play for the Town in the Western League. 

"WE'RE ON THE MARCH WITH WESTYS ARMY" :) 

boxing day 21 a.PNG

I saw James Lorenz playing for Truro on trial Silly Billy and he was out of his depth and they did not sign him if JBE went there im sure he would fit in straight away .No Football Chat I am not Cornish Fanatic im just plain old 100% Cornish thats bad enough people know who i am anyway dont see what the point is using False names my Real name is Boris Johnson . I hope JBE doesnt end up at Helston thats a backward step look at all the youngsters that where now that have gone players like Lewis Tonkin , Alex Warton and lots more out of that brilliant young side they had they brought in all these players paying big bucks and these youngsters where just let go .

Truro have already got 2 strikers million miles ahead of Lorenz and bray evens. In Harvey and Rocky Neil. It’s 1 thing scoring loads a goals in a league like the peninsular but completely different level again at Truro. 

1 hour ago, Jeff Chambers said:

Why on earth would JBE and Wardy leave Falmouth Town and the journey we are on to join Helston ?? Playing in front of massive F-Troop  crowds, a party atmosphere, the colour, the noise.  Playing at the best ground in Cornwall for the biggest club, a club steeped in history and tradition to play in front of a silent crowd of around 100 with no atmosphere at Helston. Falmouth Town win trophies btw. Whats the last trophy Steve Massey won despite all the money spent???

JBE scoring in front of the Packet end, running past an adoring F-Troop is stuff an extra £50 in your brown envelope can't buy. it's priceless. Ask any striker at our level if they would they love it ? 

If things go well for the rest of the season and we do actually "WIN"  promotion i fully expect a stampede of quality players knocking on Westys door asking to play for the Town in the Western League. 

boxing day 21 a.PNG

To be fair when you do go up helston and Massey  will have a massive problem attracting players there when like you say they can play at better facilities and crowd. 

On 18/01/2022 at 09:48, SCFC said:

Jack isnt even the best player at Falmouth, let alone Cornwall

If comparing players I tend to think of comparing their positions as like for like. So I would compare JBE to other strikers and would ultimately go straight to the goal charts. But also rate a striker on how many assists! ( who’s counting ! ) Hard to compare Jack to other players in Cornwall that are not strikers. I don’t think Jack is as good as Ryan Barnes in goal! Jack has been a welcome addition for Falmouth this year! 

17 hours ago, Jeff Chambers said:

boxing day 21 a.PNG

very well put 👏 I was not at all implying the players should leave, just stating i believe they are the better players in that league who should be hounded by clubs in from leagues above to tempt them over.

Really looking forward to seeing Falmouth week in, week out against strong opposition - in company where they belong. Cant wait for the Boxing day/Easter games with Helston either which is always spicy

1 hour ago, Mark Jones said:

If comparing players I tend to think of comparing their positions as like for like. So I would compare JBE to other strikers and would ultimately go straight to the goal charts. But also rate a striker on how many assists! ( who’s counting ! ) Hard to compare Jack to other players in Cornwall that are not strikers. I don’t think Jack is as good as Ryan Barnes in goal! Jack has been a welcome addition for Falmouth this year! 

I appreciate where you are coming from. However, the statement was he was the best player in Cornwall, so couldnt be a position based comparison. He's got to be up there with the best strikers in Cornwall (assuming we are allowing for the fact Truro now play in Devon)

Would have to include the likes of Goldsworthy and Bowker if we are talking Cornwall

Theres no better Goalie in the County as good as Ryan Barnes i could tell from a young lad playing in the same team as my lad did for Perranporth he was brilliant then and very feiry then with his defence and himself if he made a mistake he rarely did i have often wndered why he hasnt played at a higher level but hes always been at Falmouth cant think where else he has played but he is a brilliant goalie .Jason Chapman is good but hes getting near the end of his career now but what a keeper and a lovely bloke as well .1 Goalie who is as good as Ryan Is ex G Goalie Sean Semmens both got the same attitude and both crazy at times .

2 hours ago, Mark Jones said:

You can't rely on the goal charts. You could have the best striker in the world playing for you but if he isn't receiving decent passes he will score very little. 

Theres no better Goalie in the County as good as Ryan Barnes i could tell from a young lad playing in the same team as my lad did for Perranporth he was brilliant then and very feiry then with his defence and himself if he made a mistake he rarely did i have often wndered why he hasnt played at a higher level but hes always been at Falmouth cant think where else he has played but he is a brilliant goalie .Jason Chapman is good but hes getting near the end of his career now but what a keeper and a lovely bloke as well .1 Goalie who is as good as Ryan Is ex G Goalie Sean Semmens both got the same attitude and both crazy at times .

Ryan played for Newquay winning the Charity Cup in 2010 when just 16?

5 hours ago, SCFC said:

I appreciate where you are coming from. However, the statement was he was the best player in Cornwall, so couldnt be a position based comparison. He's got to be up there with the best strikers in Cornwall (assuming we are allowing for the fact Truro now play in Devon)

Would have to include the likes of Goldsworthy and Bowker if we are talking Cornwall

Totally agree. I know you mean Stuart Bowker , but I also rate Jack Bowyer but he hasn’t been able to play much because of his job commitments. 

3 hours ago, silly billy said:

You can't rely on the goal charts. You could have the best striker in the world playing for you but if he isn't receiving decent passes he will score very little. 

That is a good point aswell! 

4 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Ollie Chenoweth has to be in that category if we’re talking county keepers along with Jordan Duffy

4 hours ago, Mark Jones said:

Totally agree. I know you mean Stuart Bowker , but I also rate Jack Bowyer but he hasn’t been able to play much because of his job commitments. 

That is a good point aswell! 

Lets not forget Luke Brabyn...what a player !!! scores goals, works tirelessly for the team... dribbles like a winger... great pace. He's got the lot and i still believe he is the SWPL West current top goal scorer. And he is totally loyal to the cause of Falmouth Town FC. Luke is pure class and the F-Troop absolutely love him.

BRABYNS ON FIRE... YOUR DEFENCE IS TERRIFIED !!!

2 hours ago, Jeff Chambers said:

Lets not forget Luke Brabyn...what a player !!! scores goals, works tirelessly for the team... dribbles like a winger... great pace. He's got the lot and i still believe he is the SWPL West current top goal scorer. And he is totally loyal to the cause of Falmouth Town FC. Luke is pure class and the F-Troop absolutely love him.

Guys - it’s all opinions, all the players mentioned are very very good. It’s easy to be a great striker in a team who give you opportunities or a great goalie behind a great defence etc etc. It’s also great to see supporters appreciating their teams players  - we all do. The cream always rises to the surface - so leave it to the players to perform and entertain us and see where they end up when the have finished - all those mentioned will, if they push themselves have great stories to tell - just ask Rappo

3 hours ago, Jeff Chambers said:

Absolutely Jeff. Think Luke is a winger originally,  turned striker. When Luke and the other Penryn players came to Falmouth, we lost our first league game of the season 0.7 to Tavistock. A lot of people feared the worst. Myself included said these players are not up to this league. Well the rest is history - Cornwall senior cup winners, league cup winners (ironically beat Tavistock), charity bowl winners (beat parkway)and hopefully league champions soon and a good old crack at the western league next season. See you Saturday Jeff . UTT 💛🖤💛🖤 

Just now, Mark Jones said:

Absolutely Jeff. Think Luke is a winger originally,  turned striker. When Luke and the other Penryn players came to Falmouth, we lost our first league game of the season 0.7 to Tavistock. A lot of people feared the worst. Myself included said these players are not up to this league. Well the rest is history - Cornwall senior cup winners, league cup winners (ironically beat Tavistock), charity bowl winners (beat parkway)and hopefully league champions soon and a good old crack at the western league next season. See you Saturday Jeff . UTT 💛🖤💛🖤 

They had good schooling at the Rynn.

Yer lucky to have them!

UTR

55 minutes ago, Mark Jones said:

Luke has got better every season and is really flying now. Then there's Luke Barner who's explosive bursts from midfield split defences. Great to see Jack Bowyer get minutes against Newquay Saturday and a goal with his first touch. And not forgetting young Alex Wharton, he's the baby of the strike force but has made a great impression since joining us  this season from Helston. We are certainly very healthy in the strikers department.

See you Saturday Mark, not on coach this week, decided to drive up. UTT

11 hours ago, Jeff Chambers said:

Luke has got better every season and is really flying now. Then there's Luke Barner who's explosive bursts from midfield split defences. Great to see Jack Bowyer get minutes against Newquay Saturday and a goal with his first touch. And not forgetting young Alex Wharton, he's the baby of the strike force but has made a great impression since joining us  this season from Helston. We are certainly very healthy in the strikers department.

See you Saturday Mark, not on coach this week, decided to drive up. UTT

Brabyn, Barner, Wharton, JBE, Bowyer and Tim Nixon - potentially could take a front 3 off at half time and replace them with another front 3 and the quality wouldnt drop. Great to see a strong squad, sticking together for the cause rather than moving to another side for cash or a few more minutes

1 hour ago, SCFC said:

Brabyn, Barner, Wharton, JBE, Bowyer and Tim Nixon - potentially could take a front 3 off at half time and replace them with another front 3 and the quality wouldnt drop. Great to see a strong squad, sticking together for the cause rather than moving to another side for cash or a few more minutes

Not sure your have a choice of 6 strikers next season mind

3 of them won’t be happy sitting on a bench on a cold wet Tuesday night  on the outskirts of Bristol 

that be the real test keeping a squad happy. 

On 21/01/2022 at 11:23, sportsman10 said:

Not sure your have a choice of 6 strikers next season mind

3 of them won’t be happy sitting on a bench on a cold wet Tuesday night  on the outskirts of Bristol 

that be the real test keeping a squad happy. 

Oh please, we're not on the Bristol thing again.  It's quite likely that there'll only be three or four teams from "Bristol" in the Western League next season, especially with the expected Southern League relegations.  Are you seriously suggesting all those away games (if we win promotion, nothing's decided yet) are going to be on a Tuesday night?  Just for the record, it's as far from Bristol to Falmouth as it is from Falmouth to Bristol.  Ask them how they feel about a trip to Falmouth on a Tuesday night.  The point of having depth in a squad is flexibility to cope with challenges, not collect A39/A30/M5 miles!