Cornwall Football Forum

NEWQUAY v FALMOUTH TOWN CSC QUARTER FINAL

Really looking forward to this one. Expecting a really tough game against Newquay so we need to be right on it. There will be a big F-troop turn out, some going by train, coach and mini bus but most by car i would expect. Lets hope Newquay got their beer barrels full lol.

The game will have  added spice because of the recent transfers of JBE & Tom Moxham but regardless we must go there confident but also 100% focused and determined to win, especially as we are still the current holders of the Cornwall Senior Cup :)

Here's to a cracking game, a fantastic atmosphere and a Falmouth Town victory. 

WE'RE ON THE MARCH WITH WESTYS ARMY ! 

boxing day 2021.PNG

pIKATCHU BEArdy.PNG

2 1 CSC final a.PNG

On 13/01/2022 at 12:11, Jeff Chambers said:

Really looking forward to this one. Expecting a really tough game against Newquay so we need to be right on it. There will be a big F-troop turn out, some going by train, coach and mini bus but most by car i would expect. Lets hope Newquay got their beer barrels full lol.

The game will have  added spice because of the recent transfers of JBE & Tom Moxham but regardless we must go there confident but also 100% focused and determined to win, especially as we are still the current holders of the Cornwall Senior Cup :)

Here's to a cracking game, a fantastic atmosphere and a Falmouth Town victory. 

WE'RE ON THE MARCH WITH WESTYS ARMY ! 

boxing day 2021.PNG

pIKATCHU BEArdy.PNG

2 1 CSC final a.PNG

Look forward to seeing the return of JBE as I’m sure all the Newquay fans are. Hope to see Dilley, Ashton and Shepherds return for Newquay to give them any chance.

Looking forward to this match going to get up there early to take photos of the brilliant Falmouth team warming up be good to see JBE and Tom Moxham back at Mt Wise 2 really good players .I am going for a4-1 win to Falmouth JBE scoring the 1st and going on to get a hat trick.Hoping Harry is back in goal for Newquay tmmrw instead of the young lad Heaton who is a fine goalkeeper but been making mistakes lately . Be nice if Newquay have a minutes silence for the young lad who was killed in a motorbike accident last week not far from the ground . Looking forward to this match very much and seeing the fantastic F Troop in full voice 

Back from watching the footy Newquay vs Falmouth 0- 4 and what a great atmosphere up there this afternoon from the great F Troop they where brilliant and i got to see Pikachoo as well . What a brilliant team Falmouth are they play great football and dominated this game Ryan Barnes didnt have much to do all afternoon ,James Ward started the ball rolling with the 1st goal then Jack Bray Evans had to score on his return to Mt wise he let me down i said he would get a hat trick not one of his blockbuster goals what he usually gets a scrappy tap in ,then Jack Bowyer who scored with what could of been his 1st touch after coming on as a sub and Toby Clark after a corner which he bundled over the line ,they even missed a pen from Luke Brabyn when Newquays fine young goalie Jack Heaton saved .Was a great afternoon but Newquay had ToM Whipp sent off the ref and his assitants all did really well and the ref played the advantage well . There was a minutes silence before the game i didnt hear who it was for but i presumed it was for the young lad who tragically lost his life last week in a motorbike accident ,it was observed impeccably and the F Troop where superb and a credit to there team . Onto my MOM only can be 1 person for Newquay young Jack Heaton and for Falmouth there brilliant captain and leader James Ward . Thankyou for a lovely afternoon met some nice people again and Smokie had his share of admirers as usual .Next weekend its a trip to Wadebridge to watch Newquay play there ,i thought the G had beaten the Bridge today but it ended up 3-3 but they had both centre halfs out so well done to the G 

2 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

Full time 0-4 to Falmouth  (James Ward (H) & Jack Bray Evans)//Jack Bowyer & Toby Clark        Heaton saves a Brabyn penalty.

I heard from a supporter who asked the gate man for the attendance -he looked at his clicker which showed 777

Does the gate receipts get shared threeways (the two clubsand the County FA) as use to be in days from old.?

Good to see the F Troop. I was upset and thought the Newquay “fans” really mistreated our Jack. I really expected better for him. All in all good game, good atmosphere. Mom young Heaton for Newquay interested to see what they’ll do when prentice and Harry are back I think heaton deserves to stay in goal after today

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Back from watching the footy Newquay vs Falmouth 0- 4 and what a great atmosphere up there this afternoon from the great F Troop they where brilliant and i got to see Pikachoo as well .

What a brilliant team Falmouth are they play great football and dominated this game Ryan Barnes didnt have much to do all afternoon.

James Ward started the ball rolling with the 1st goal then Jack Bray Evans had to score on his return to Mt wise he let me down i said he would get a hat trick not one of his blockbuster goals what he usually gets a scrappy tap in ,then Jack Bowyer who scored with what could of been his 1st touch after coming on as a sub and Toby Clark after a corner which he bundled over the line ,they even missed a pen from Luke Brabyn when Newquays fine young goalie Jack Heaton saved .

Was a great afternoon but Newquay had ToM Whipp sent off the ref and his assitants all did really well and the ref played the advantage well .

There was a minutes silence before the game i didnt hear who it was for but i presumed it was for the young lad who tragically lost his life last week in a motorbike accident ,it was observed impeccably and the F Troop where superb and a credit to there team .

Onto my MOM only can be 1 person for Newquay young Jack Heaton and for Falmouth there brilliant captain and leader James Ward .

Thankyou for a lovely afternoon met some nice people again and Smokie had his share of admirers as usual .

Next weekend its a trip to Wadebridge to watch Newquay play there ,i thought the G had beaten the Bridge today but it ended up 3-3 but they had both centre halfs out so well done to the G 

Made it a bit easier to read 

40 minutes ago, Cornishfootyfanatic said:

Good to see the F Troop. I was upset and thought the Newquay “fans” really mistreated our Jack. I really expected better for him. All in all good game, good atmosphere. Mom young Heaton for Newquay interested to see what they’ll do when prentice and Harry are back I think heaton deserves to stay in goal after today

Did you really expect him to receive a hero's welcome for deserting Newquay? 

Stop taking away from what was a good cup game with a proper atmosphere, both fans were loud and both came out with stuff that maybe wasn’t needed…just banter IMO, if you don’t like it go watch another less exiting sport, both sets of fans came together after in the clubhouse. Best of luck both teams for the 2nd half of the season

You couldnt of got anyone more loyal than Jack Bray Evans hes been at Newquay for years hes turned down offers from bigger clubs in the past but he thought im no spring chicken anymore its about time i moved onto pastures new i didnt here the abuse from the Newquay fans towards Jack and the F Troop where  not quiet they where brilliant .Young Jack Heaton in the Newquay goal has certainly a bright future he could be the next Kevin Miller or Davr Philp who both went on to higher levels well done young man you was brilliant today .Still think its harsh silly Billy said he deserted Newquay i heard Newquay wouldnt even waver the 10 day approach ,thought he had  a quiet game today not high standards he usually plays too , maybe the ocassion got to him because he has spent all his football carreer at Mt Wise .

2 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

I heard from a supporter who asked the gate man for the attendance -he looked at his clicker which showed 777

Does the gate receipts get shared threeways (the two clubsand the County FA) as use to be in days from old.?

777 that's 3 times as many as were at Saltash v Helston.😲

49 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

It sounds as if some of the chanting, jeering was a little unnecessary though! 

Was told they werent regular Newquay fans Dave .A lot of them appeared at half time in the stand and you got the impression someone had gone down the Town rounded up a load of kids and offered them a McDonald's and Mcflurry to attend .

9 minutes ago, mattelot said:

Was told they werent regular Newquay fans Dave .A lot of them appeared at half time in the stand and you got the impression someone had gone down the Town rounded up a load of kids and offered them a McDonald's and Mcflurry to attend .

Taking a leaf out of Falmouth's book, brilliant idea. Lol

49 minutes ago, le boss said:

Hands up who is waiting for Falmouth’s to be in a competitive league. Were very very quiet when they lost to Buckland and we will see how many of their team want to travel. Millay will have to dig deep and remember  - Falmouth boys only!!  

I don’t think Falmouth were very quiet when losing to Buckland! There were ample of honest reports on the forum from Falmouth supporters. 

As a Falmouth supporter can I put my hand up 🙋‍♂️ and say I can’t wait for Falmouth to be in a higher league! Will be satisfying going up as champions and not on merit because of a average point league restructuring! 

By the sound of it your team have bigger fish to fry trying to get in the Southern league! 🐳 You could end up jumping two leagues having not even won a league title ( just a play off game potentially)  Mind you judging by your results you might be hoping many of your current team can’t travel! 

8 minutes ago, Mark Jones said:

I don’t think Falmouth were very quiet when losing to Buckland! There were ample of honest reports on the forum from Falmouth supporters. 

As a Falmouth supporter can I put my hand up 🙋‍♂️ and say I can’t wait for Falmouth to be in a higher league! Will be satisfying going up as champions and not on merit because of a average point league restructuring! 

By the sound of it your team have bigger fish to fry trying to get in the Southern league! 🐳 You could end up jumping two leagues having not even won a league title ( just a play off game potentially)  Mind you judging by your results you might be hoping many of your current team can’t travel! 

😁🤣😂 excellent post Mark !👏👏👏 over to you Bash .🤭

Almost 800 at the game ?? That is an incredible amount of fans.  I’m not sure how many at Saltash be surprised if it’s 100 odd. They just can’t seem to get the local town behind them . Saltash is a massive town with plenty of teams  but apart from the die hard few it never really seems packed like other grounds. 

11 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Almost 800 at the game ?? That is an incredible amount of fans.  I’m not sure how many at Saltash be surprised if it’s 100 odd. They just can’t seem to get the local town behind them . Saltash is a massive town with plenty of teams  but apart from the die hard few it never really seems packed like other grounds. 

224 at saltash

As a player today I will say both sets of fans gave as good as each other! I spent the first 45 having chants about being a fat c**t... taking a throw in and asked as I got the ball from a fan if my parents where proud of bringing up a peado.... either chant or question appropriate! Clearly not.... did I care... no..... overall I thought was a good cup tie! Nice to see the F Troop(who are fantastic) to get some back!

1 hour ago, Dudas said:

As a player today I will say both sets of fans gave as good as each other! I spent the first 45 having chants about being a fat c**t... taking a throw in and asked as I got the ball from a fan if my parents where proud of bringing up a peado.... either chant or question appropriate! Clearly not.... did I care... no..... overall I thought was a good cup tie! Nice to see the F Troop(who are fantastic) to get some back!

Not nice- but knowing the   F Troop banter levels they will not accept that language and have previously identified mis guided individuals and disowned them.

Dudas -Thinking you may be a former Falmouth Town player ?

14 hours ago, le boss said:

Hands up who is waiting for Falmouth’s to be in a competitive league. Were very very quiet when they lost to Buckland and we will see how many of their team want to travel. Millay will have to dig deep and remember  - Falmouth boys only!!  

Curious post this one!

Could be a bit of the old green-eyed monster coming out amidst an alarming loss of form from Helston.  Always clear that Billy Tucker was the difference in an average side for Helston and being proved correct.

Another trophyless season.

Agree that Falmouth will probably need to recruit but should be able to attract a few more locally-based players with the prospect of playing in front of a decent crowd every week. The local players seem to be a little more loyal than the ones brought in from out of county.

No doubt Falmouth need the challenge of a higher league and it will be much tougher. Looking forward to renewing the old local rivalry next season, all being well.  Another bumper Boxing day crowd awaits.

It was disgusting the abuse Jack Bray evans got yesterday ,the things that where shouted at him where disgusting something should of been done and these idiots thrown out Jack was called a paedo and of vile names he should of done a Cantona and kicked the shit out of those idiots . The language from both sets of supporters was disgustingand there was young kids and women there  but the abuse Jack got was just disgusting, he was a player who had remained loyal to Newquay for years and he was just treated very poorly ,When Falmouth come back to Mt Wise again maybe more respect will be shown to a great player . Ok onto the G pretty good result yesterday 3-3 vs Wadebridge but should of won when 3-1 up i see Neil Slateford played for the Bridger i suppose he was cupt tied for Saltash but also seen Chris Reski played as well maybe hes left Blazey because he was mostly used as a sub will see what side Wadebridge put out next weekend when Newquay play there i will be there because theres not many games to watch locally .

3 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

It was disgusting the abuse Jack Bray evans got yesterday ,the things that where shouted at him where disgusting something should of been done and these idiots thrown out Jack was called a paedo and of vile names he should of done a Cantona and kicked the shit out of those idiots . The language from both sets of supporters was disgustingand there was young kids and women there  but the abuse Jack got was just disgusting, he was a player who had remained loyal to Newquay for years and he was just treated very poorly ,When Falmouth come back to Mt Wise again maybe more respect will be shown to a great player . Ok onto the G pretty good result yesterday 3-3 vs Wadebridge but should of won when 3-1 up i see Neil Slateford played for the Bridger i suppose he was cupt tied for Saltash but also seen Chris Reski played as well maybe hes left Blazey because he was mostly used as a sub will see what side Wadebridge put out next weekend when Newquay play there i will be there because theres not many games to watch locally .

Slateford left saltash already? He’s only just joined 🥲🤣🤣

Reski has left St Blazey.

So you're saying the f troop were being disgusting aswel?

So sorry to hear that Steve and just hoping this was a one off occasion as sadly some  youngsters from both clubs have no morals or respect for life in general these days.

I know the F Troop are more of an elderly family group who enjoy a carnival/party day out which expectedly can be annoying and noisy  to opposition supporters but can not believe they would get evil or aggressive in any way--just a day out to let their hair down.lol.

I wasn't at Mount Wise by the way just picking up comments from the media outlet so one day I will introduce myself and have reflective natter about the football of old.

Enjoy your Satuday footy Steve (HopeI got thrright name) and keep them pictures coming

47 minutes ago, Roy D said:

Apparently the vulgar comments from both sets of fans towards the players was just the tip of the iceberg. I've heard that there was quite a bit of crowd trouble including 1 of the F troop being beaten up by a female Newquay fan, he was on the deck for a long time & the police are involved. 

Sounds like a typical night out in Newquay 😂

20 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

You couldnt of got anyone more loyal than Jack Bray Evans hes been at Newquay for years hes turned down offers from bigger clubs in the past but he thought im no spring chicken anymore its about time i moved onto pastures new i didnt here the abuse from the Newquay fans towards Jack and the F Troop where  not quiet they where brilliant .Young Jack Heaton in the Newquay goal has certainly a bright future he could be the next Kevin Miller or Davr Philp who both went on to higher levels well done young man you was brilliant today .Still think its harsh silly Billy said he deserted Newquay i heard Newquay wouldnt even waver the 10 day approach ,thought he had  a quiet game today not high standards he usually plays too , maybe the ocassion got to him because he has spent all his football carreer at Mt Wise .

I know it will be a much warmer reception for the return of Joe Cooper (285 Town appearances) with St.Blazey next month (in the 96/97 Treble Reunion game).

It will be a great occasion for two of Cornwall's big and historic clubs with Blazey bringing a big support and flags to erase the bitterness at Mount Wise yesterday..

3 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

I know it will be a much warmer reception for the return of Joe Cooper (285 Town appearances) with St.Blazey next month (in the 96/97 Treble Reunion game).

It will be a great occasion for two of Cornwall's big and historic clubs with Blazey bringing a big support and flags to erase the bitterness at Mount Wise yesterday..

Yes Mike. Coops is a great lad and he'll definitely get a warm reception .

19 hours ago, Mark Jones said:

Maybe if Falmouth accumulated the points then they would of gone up on merit? Over the past 2 season clearly they wasn't as good as teams in the league at the time, they're now going to go up there's no doubt about that, and be good to see them in the western league which is slowly becoming the SWPL of old. 

I will keep the photos coming Mike only took 240 yesterday got a bit carried away wont be half as many next weekend at Wadebridge yes you got the name rght Mike .Hope the F Troop supporter is ok after eing beaten up by a lady maybe she didnt like some of the F Troops songs i found them great but no need of the language when young kids where about but F Troop where angels compared to the vile language directed at JBE if say that language was directed at someone like Martin Giles those teenagers would be in A&E now but Jack is just a nice family man .Newquay should appologise to him when they next play each other 

2 hours ago, Roy D said:

Apparently the vulgar comments from both sets of fans towards the players was just the tip of the iceberg. I've heard that there was quite a bit of crowd trouble including 1 of the F troop being beaten up by a female Newquay fan, he was on the deck for a long time & the police are involved. 

There was absolutely no vulgar comments from the Ftroop towards any Newquay players.

The youngsters in main stand that were rounded up to support Newquay did not cover themselves in glory I'm afraid.  All sort of vile chants towards JBE ...most of them had probably never even heard of JBE.

Concerning this alleged assault.  It was a woman who attacked Pikachu from behind.  Apparently she head butted him and then swiftly ran off leaving the ground.  Other than that there was no other incidents. 

It was a great cup tie and for us Falmouth fans a real pleasure to watch. We totally dominated the game and should have won by at least 6.

We enjoyed their clubhouse before and after the game.  Outnumbering Newquay fans by 20-1. We sang and created a great atmosphere whilst emptying their beer kegs.

A great day was enjoyed by the 700+ crowd of which about 80% were FTROOP.  

Now our thoughts are next Saturday and Okehampton. 

WE'RE ON THE MARCH WITH WESTYS ARMY. UTT.

22 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

Not nice- but knowing the   F Troop banter levels they will not accept that language and have previously identified mis guided individuals and disowned them.

Dudas -Thinking you may be a former Falmouth Town player ?

Mike you are correct. Had one season at Falmouth 2005 - 06. Finished 2nd behind Bodmin. Truro got promoted from 3rd to start there climb up the leagues. 

12 hours ago, Morris Stanley said:

Tom Moxham had a great game, chipped a few balls off the pitch but showed great athleticism. JBE got his goal and is definitely not a peado. Josh Harris looked sharp when he came on for the mints 

Tom Moxham was solid. Newquay unfortunately saw two ex players perform at top of game. As for the name calling of Jack I feel ashamed for the club that even allowed the “youth” to get away with it. Jack is best player in Cornwall Newquay should be happy for him. Super fast Josh is always sharp, doesn’t get the game time to show everyone what he can do.