Cornwall Football Forum

When can spectators return?

35 minutes ago, baldy said:

So we have St Austell tweeting that all games at Poltair are strictly behind closed doors and Saltash having 50 spectators. Hmm ..

As previously mentioned, 2 sets of FA "rules" cause confusion! If Saltash SWPL team are playing at home it must be behind closed doors. Their enclosed ground is even named a stadium. Both Government and FA NLS regulations forbid spectators in August.

3 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Any reason blazey have now decided to play at parkway instead of at home ? Is it because it’s easier to stop people watching at parkway ? 

To reduce the amount of home friendlies at Blaise Park. 2nds home Friday night and 1st team on Saturday.

3 hours ago, John Mead said:

As previously mentioned, 2 sets of FA "rules" cause confusion! If Saltash SWPL team are playing at home it must be behind closed doors. Their enclosed ground is even named a stadium. Both Government and FA NLS regulations forbid spectators in August.

Once again, the fa have no idea of local football set up !

Boris said “ If you are playing a step 6 team away from home then stay at home, if you’re playing them at home then go to watch unless you are not coved registered then stay at home. Step 7 team at home, don’t stay at home, go to watch or away go to watch unless you want to stay at home cos we ain’t got a clue what’s going on!!! 🙄😷🤓

7 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Boris said “ If you are playing a step 6 team away from home then stay at home, if you’re playing them at home then go to watch unless you are not coved registered then stay at home. Step 7 team at home, don’t stay at home, go to watch or away go to watch unless you want to stay at home cos we ain’t got a clue what’s going on!!! 🙄😷🤓

Just about sums it up Rappo.

16 hours ago, leedsunited said:

How does this work John, St.Blazey is in Cornwall .. 

But are all of their players living in Cornwall?

On 02/08/2020 at 16:29, sportsman10 said:

Any reason blazey have now decided to play at parkway instead of at home ? Is it because it’s easier to stop people watching at parkway ? 

It’s virtually impossible to stop people watching at Parkway? It’s not an enclosed stadium ? You could probably get four or 500 people watching the game from ‘outside’the stadium if they wanted to. I’ll be there

43 minutes ago, rocky170267 said:

It’s virtually impossible to stop people watching at Parkway? It’s not an enclosed stadium ? You could probably get four or 500 people watching the game from ‘outside’the stadium if they wanted to. I’ll be there

I agree can watch from the top of the feild maybe the real reason it was moved. No chance of stopping it. 

Check licensing conditions very careful. On good authority councils are checking such. As before is it worth a few spectators in return for loss of licence.

Negates over riding health and welfare for all to avoid a further spike, if this happens forget 20/21 season

at the clubs peril at expense of all other clubs

11 hours ago, Bongo said:

Check licensing conditions very careful. On good authority councils are checking such. As before is it worth a few spectators in return for loss of licence.

Negates over riding health and welfare for all to avoid a further spike, if this happens forget 20/21 season

at the clubs peril at expense of all other clubs

I've seen the pictures of what the beaches and coastal towns look like in Devon & Cornwall at the moment. The second wave and further lock down is on the way.

1 hour ago, Way Of The Park said:

I've seen the pictures of what the beaches and coastal towns look like in Devon & Cornwall at the moment. The second wave and further lock down is on the way.

Can't see there being a complete lockdown the economy could never sustain it. I think it will be a case of protect the most vulnerable, and the rest be careful, not sure where that leaves grass roots sport.

45 minutes ago, hoppit said:

Can't see there being a complete lockdown the economy could never sustain it. I think it will be a case of protect the most vulnerable, and the rest be careful, not sure where that leaves grass roots sport.

The government may well be left with no option, you only have to look at what is happening in Melbourne. 

1 hour ago, Way Of The Park said:

The government may well be left with no option, you only have to look at what is happening in Melbourne. 

There are lots of options it  means that with most options the rate will go up but complete lockdown will mean no economy , you could fill your garage with bundles of £50 notes and it wouldn't be worth even a penny and we would be eating grass. It's  ok saving lives but we need to have something to live for otherwise what's the point of being alive? 

Can I help, or perhaps add further confusion, by quoting from the FA documents issued to all Clubs in July. They are 'NLS Club Guidance Covid-19 Return to Football' for Steps 1 -6, and 'Covid-19 Guidance on Re-Starting Outdoor Competitive Grassroots Football' for ALL football outside NLS or the Women's Pyramid tiers 3 to 6.

NLS Guidance says 'National League System Facilities ( continued ) Section V1. SPECTATORS / GATHERINGS  Current Government Guidance : Gatherings of more than 30 people are not permitted while social distancing. Therefore, Clubs are unable to have gatherings or spectators of any size at this time for any matches or training'.    It goes on to consider ways that Clubs might proceed should social distancing be relaxed in the future...…… 

Grassroots Guidance says ' Supporters, parents, and other spectators should remain socially distanced whilst attending events. Spectator groups must be restricted to discrete six-person gathering limits and spread out, in line with wider Government guidance, ensuring space for officials, coaches and substitutes'.

I have searched all documents issued by the FA on 18th July (circa 100 pages ) and am unable to find any other guidance or reference to spectators.  That is, unless someone can point me towards the relevant section.

I'll leave you to work out the implications. No wonder everyone has a different opinion on the requirements.

As a matter of record the FA have put a comprehensive DISCLAIMER at the end of each of the 6 documents issued on 18th July ! 

1 hour ago, West London Boy said:

Can I help, or perhaps add further confusion, by quoting from the FA documents issued to all Clubs in July. They are 'NLS Club Guidance Covid-19 Return to Football' for Steps 1 -6, and 'Covid-19 Guidance on Re-Starting Outdoor Competitive Grassroots Football' for ALL football outside NLS or the Women's Pyramid tiers 3 to 6.

NLS Guidance says 'National League System Facilities ( continued ) Section V1. SPECTATORS / GATHERINGS  Current Government Guidance : Gatherings of more than 30 people are not permitted while social distancing. Therefore, Clubs are unable to have gatherings or spectators of any size at this time for any matches or training'.    It goes on to consider ways that Clubs might proceed should social distancing be relaxed in the future...…… 

Grassroots Guidance says ' Supporters, parents, and other spectators should remain socially distanced whilst attending events. Spectator groups must be restricted to discrete six-person gathering limits and spread out, in line with wider Government guidance, ensuring space for officials, coaches and substitutes'.

I have searched all documents issued by the FA on 18th July (circa 100 pages ) and am unable to find any other guidance or reference to spectators.  That is, unless someone can point me towards the relevant section.

I'll leave you to work out the implications. No wonder everyone has a different opinion on the requirements.

As a matter of record the FA have put a comprehensive DISCLAIMER at the end of each of the 6 documents issued on 18th July ! 

I've read all the documents several times and am still confused about the logic and dissimilar advice in them. If no more that 30 people can gather in NLS grounds because that's a government "rule", it must also apply to grassroots clubs - but not mentioned in grassroots advice! Makes no sense at all!

And in the time it took me to drive home having posted the comment above the information has been received.  All clubs in the SWPL and St Piran Leagues have been sent a copy.  Key extracts below:

ALL friendlies involving Step 1 to Regional NLS Feeder Leagues Clubs should be played behind closed doors, until further notice.

ALL pre-season or other matches held at Step 1 to Regional NLS Feeder League grounds, including, for example, all County FA and League Cup Finals, should be played behind closed doors, until further notice.

Clubs can operate their Clubhouses in accordance with Government hospitality guidance – but there should be no entry to the ground for spectators.

The clubs taking the p... have now spoilt it for step 7 clubs and who knows maybe for more.

Local authorities have, as indicated, been looking at licensing matters. Next could be suspension of law breaking club licences. No bars, no social events, ultimately no football income, no team expenses, no football. Is a few pounds in the till worth this risk.

Rules are to be abided  by, not stretched. Remember this could be a life and death matter, not just spirt. Health and well being over the last 20 weeks first and should remain such by ALL. 
Mitsubishi the guilty clubs own demisr

2 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

So saltash are not permitted to have people watching the games on seating areas inside the ground that are part of the clubhouse ? 

I think the words “inside the ground” should give you the answer. Much as it sounds illogical ...

8 minutes ago, Darin Morse said:

At the risk of appearing dim, what local leagues are classed as NLS feeder leagues? What "step" is ECPL, Duchy etc?

St Pirans only. You can consider ECPL and Combo as S8 if you wish but not recognised as such by the FA.

Honestly it’s just ridiculous there so much open space to quite happily social distance at local grounds it’s hardly indoor football  and people on the gate can monitor how many come in. This is going to kill local football clubs and finances hate to think where clubs going be in years time if this continues into next year 

8 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Honestly it’s just ridiculous there so much open space to quite happily social distance at local grounds it’s hardly indoor football  and people on the gate can monitor how many come in. This is going to kill local football clubs and finances hate to think where clubs going be in years time if this continues into next year 

NLS fixtures will not start until paying spectators are allowed. Not sure about The Feeder leagues now though - more questions than answers!