Cornwall Football Forum

When can spectators return?

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

152 spectators there last night so hearing that i am not going to be stopped from attending matches

Amended FA advice arrived too late for last night 's  game at Parkway but "BEHIND CLOSED DOORS" means just that!

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Its all a joke you got 1000s of people down here  close together on the beaches in shops Not obeying the distance rule  ,best thing i have heard so far was a  family from Manchester saying we wont catch the virus we are  in Cornwall i thought you idiots . there is plenty of room around the gounds for spectators to watch a match in Safety ,just hoping the Newquay vs Nuneaton match goes ahead got my  spot planned already bit awkward for Smokie dog though .I was told last nights St Blazey where the better team vs Parkway and went ahead with a brilliant Jack Alexander Goal and should of scored more 1-1 final score

I'm afraid the rules are made by multi billionaires who have no concept of how normal people live their lives, so don't expect anything they say to make sense, if you question any decision they regard it as a case of oh dear the peasants are revolting let's baffle them with bull+++t. The sad thing is most people believe them. If you asked Boris what grassroots sport is he wouldn't have a  clue.

3 hours ago, hoppit said:

I'm afraid the rules are made by multi billionaires who have no concept of how normal people live their lives, so don't expect anything they say to make sense, if you question any decision they regard it as a case of oh dear the peasants are revolting let's baffle them with bull+++t. The sad thing is most people believe them. If you asked Boris what grassroots sport is he wouldn't have a  clue.

The NLS restrictions on spectators cover from Step 1(National League) downwards and all are being treated the same. I realise that we get fewer spectators than Step 1 Teams but if your part of the NLS you have to follow their rules. 

P.S. I don't think the are any millionaires on the NLS Committee, who make the rules.

27 minutes ago, John Mead said:

The NLS restrictions on spectators cover from Step 1(National League) downwards and all are being treated the same. I realise that we get fewer spectators than Step 1 Teams but if your part of the NLS you have to follow their rules. 

P.S. I don't think the are any millionaires on the NLS Committee, who make the rules.

There are millionaires there!!

1 hour ago, John Mead said:

P.S. I don't think the are any millionaires on the NLS Committee, who make the rules.No 

No probably not but they make the rules under the guidance of the government and some of if not all the ministers of state are billionaires , and of course some of their advisors.

6 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Its all a joke you got 1000s of people down here  close together on the beaches in shops Not obeying the distance rule  ,best thing i have heard so far was a  family from Manchester saying we wont catch the virus we are  in Cornwall i thought you idiots . there is plenty of room around the gounds for spectators to watch a match in Safety ,just hoping the Newquay vs Nuneaton match goes ahead got my  spot planned already bit awkward for Smokie dog though .I was told last nights St Blazey where the better team vs Parkway and went ahead with a brilliant Jack Alexander Goal and should of scored more 1-1 final score

Become a volunteer at the football club and then you can watch with no questions asked! Tend the pitch at halftime. 

If there are any Saltash United fans on here please leave a space by the wall in the car park for me and my step ladders !! I will not be dictated to so will be at the game against Millbrook. The chances of catching COVID-19 are 0.0024%
Yet the Fun fair in Plymouth is packed out !!! It’s just nonsense

2 hours ago, hoppit said:

No probably not but they make the rules under the guidance of the government and some of if not all the ministers of state are billionaires , and of course some of their advisors.

Exactly, but some football followers really believe that the fa and people associated with it are GOD!

1 hour ago, rocky170267 said:

If there are any Saltash United fans on here please leave a space by the wall in the car park for me and my step ladders !! I will not be dictated to so will be at the game against Millbrook. The chances of catching COVID-19 are 0.0045%
Yet the Fun fair in Plymouth is packed out !!! It’s just nonsense

I’m a saltash fan who probably won’t head up, I don’t drive anyway so won’t be free space unfortunately. Although the old watching over fence is cool idea, won’t be same bit like watching from the club house window.

As another poster has put on here about their club having the room, same for Saltash, a huge bank that can be sat on. Beaches etc mentioned too, again agree, not left Saltash for four months avoiding public transport. Only have to hope it helps the fans come back in due course, seems crazy during summer days that grounds can’t be used but who are we to say.

Now we are told that because we are a level 7 club we cannot have spectators for our reserves either who are classed as a recreational side.

BUT we can have 100 people in the bar a 50ft x 50ft room!

Just as well to cancel everything, never go to football again and just go shopping with the missus Saturday's. 

All getting bloody ridiculous. 

8 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Now we are told that because we are a level 7 club we cannot have spectators for our reserves either who are classed as a recreational side.

BUT we can have 100 people in the bar a 50ft x 50ft room!

Just as well to cancel everything, never go to football again and just go shopping with the missus Saturday's. 

All getting bloody ridiculous. 

I just don’t get it , I’m sure most teams in St Piran league don’t get enough supporters to have any social distance issues , the clubhouses will not be used as much for sure so there will be lost revenue . Clubs will be hit financially for sure .

1 hour ago, Tommy Matthews said:

Falmouth have got a couple of games at Bickland over the weekend and the F-Troop are keen to watch but again not allowed to enter the ground and spread out to watch it. However, if someone videotaped it on a live stream they could watch it in the clubhouse? 
Mad or what? 

We've just installed a camera system into the clubhouse where you can now watch the game live on a 6ft screen inside.

This is the fella who did it for us.

Arran..07528 595959

A view from the camera to the screen. 

Screenshot_20200804-230233_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200806-084631_Gallery.jpg

Time for a bit of realism we think, If someone is daft enough to think that covid19 is something that won't affect them, and even if they got it, it's only like the flu then it's their perogative to take the risk of getting a disease that could kill them.
What is so self centered and and uncaring, is the certain potential of passing on the virus to others who are more vulnerable, even if the carrier suffers no symptoms themselves.
This disease is not age selective, a 5 year old died as a result of the virus, and he had no underlying health issues, would anyone be willing to advocate ignoring professional medical advice and put childrens lives at risk? is football really that important?
Regarding the F.A. stating that games should be played behind closed doors, there are so many variations in the layout of grounds just in the S.W.P.L. that short of visiting every club and passing judgement on who can stand where, the obvious alternative that could be imposed without the delay that an inspection would cause, was to close the grounds en bloc.
Apart from any other problems an inspection would cause, imagine the uproar if some grounds were closed and some weren't!

22 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Just to let you know 100%cornish, there has been a spike in covid19 confirmations in Newquay in the last few days, could be something to do with not obeying the distance rule you referred to, proves the point really.  Stay safe.

3 minutes ago, We Two said:

Time for a bit of realism we think, If someone is daft enough to think that covid19 is something that won't affect them, and even if they got it, it's only like the flu then it's their perogative to take the risk of getting a disease that could kill them.
What is so self centered and and uncaring, is the certain potential of passing on the virus to others who are more vulnerable, even if the carrier suffers no symptoms themselves.
This disease is not age selective, a 5 year old died as a result of the virus, and he had no underlying health issues, would anyone be willing to advocate ignoring professional medical advice and put childrens lives at risk? is football really that important?
Regarding the F.A. stating that games should be played behind closed doors, there are so many variations in the layout of grounds just in the S.W.P.L. that short of visiting every club and passing judgement on who can stand where, the obvious alternative that could be imposed without the delay that an inspection would cause, was to close the grounds en bloc.
Apart from any other problems an inspection would cause, imagine the uproar if some grounds were closed and some weren't!

Just to let you know 100%cornish, there has been a spike in covid19 confirmations in Newquay in the last few days, could be something to do with not obeying the distance rule you referred to, proves the point really.  Stay safe.

OMG - lets just cut our throats now shall we?

I have already had the Covid and it was awful ,i have had every bloody thing going and i dont care what happens to me anymore life isnt worth living at the moment havnt even got any footy to watch .No wonder theres been a spike in Covid here theres 1000s of people  all close together on the beaches and not obeying the distance rules hope we dont have Lockdown again

23 minutes ago, We Two said:

There is more chance of being killled crossing the road! It really is time for the country to get REAL !

8 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

There is more chance of being killled crossing the road! It really is time for the country to get REAL !

People take many precautions to prevent themselves being killed crossing the road (look before you step out, don't walk across a dual carriageway etc,etc).

12 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

People take many precautions to prevent themselves being killed crossing the road (look before you step out, don't walk across a dual carriageway etc,etc).

Yes... and … don't stand too close to anyone whilst watching a football match!  Sad that the FA don't think the general public are intelligent enough to follow this simple rule. 

Anyone who is worried... don't go!

As everyone has said above,  it is the inconsistencies that are frustrating. You can huddle together in a clubhouse inside/outside of the ground but you cant step outside in the fresh air, social distance and watch a game of football.

Ridiculous!

14 minutes ago, The Town Man said:

Yes... and … don't stand too close to anyone whilst watching a football match!  Sad that the FA don't think the general public are intelligent enough to follow this simple rule. 

Seems to be the case in Newquay town and beaches according to 100%cornish, so why would it be any different if those same people turn up for a football match?

Agree with We Two 100%
As for the person that said more chance of getting killed crossing the road etc,trust me,you don’t want to catch it. I could give you details about family but won’t. 
There are still thousands testing positive every week. 
Think about also the volunteers on match days. Most are in the vulnerable category and are not prepared to risk their health. 
If it takes a season to get the right vaccinations or whatever then in my mind so be it. 

57 minutes ago, The Town Man said:

As everyone has said above,  it is the inconsistencies that are frustrating. You can huddle together in a clubhouse inside/outside of the ground but you cant step outside in the fresh air, social distance and watch a game of football.

Ridiculous!

It makes no sense at all especially the number attending and the space around the field.

10 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Legal to pile into the bar afterwards though!

Only if certain restrictions are adhered to, which if ignored could cost you your licence is what we understand.
A free for all and a queue at the bar is not recommended

2 hours ago, Joe Slovo said:

Agree with We Two 100%
As for the person that said more chance of getting killed crossing the road etc,trust me,you don’t want to catch it. I could give you details about family but won’t. 
Think about also the volunteers on match days. Most are in the vulnerable category and are not prepared to risk their health. 
If it takes a season to get the right vaccinations or whatever then in my mind so be it. 

Well said. I completely agree.

Just remember the standard of Football that's actually played down here ... It's Swpl league standard ..... Yes it's fun for players to earn a few quid, & for some managers to try to copy their idols in MOTD but let's be realistic ... This is football at the lowest level, no one should be at risk, for this. 

5 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Just remember the standard of Football that's actually played down here ... It's Swpl league standard ..... Yes it's fun for players to earn a few quid, & for some managers to try to copy their idols in MOTD but let's be realistic ... This is football at the lowest level, no one should be at risk, for this. 

Best post of the day.

5 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

We have 13 friendlies arranged x circa £35 referee's expenses...work it out...no gate receipts! 

So that’s around 2 quid per player to chip in per game.... surely they can do that at senior level for a few games... just like the majority of people playing across the county do....

47 minutes ago, countyman said:

So that’s around 2 quid per player to chip in per game.... surely they can do that at senior level for a few games... just like the majority of people playing across the county do....

So the refs are sticking to their guns and not offering their services free then ! I did not imagine though that they would forfeit their lucrative fee!

5 hours ago, We Two said:

Only if certain restrictions are adhered to, which if ignored could cost you your licence is what we understand.
A free for all and a queue at the bar is not recommended

I doubt whether there would be a queue, I cannot imagine a more inhospitable atmosphere than a local football club club house!

5 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Fish and chip standard...lol

10 hours ago, Joe Slovo said:

Agree with We Two 100%

1000’s ??? Actually it was 48 last week in the country. Not quite sure where you got your figures ??  You have a 0.0024% chance of getting this virus at the moment.( 2 in a million)

The media are scaring the public terribly. By the way you had three times as much chance of catching bird flu !! No lockdown or masks then either. 
There is 1 case at derriford who is going home tomorrow recovered

12 hours ago, The Town Man said:

Ridiculous!

It has been proven that the public lack common sense, just accept the restrictions and hopefully there won't be a second lockdown. 

9 hours ago, rocky170267 said:

1000’s ??? Actually it was 48 last week in the country. Not quite sure where you got your figures ??  You have a 0.0024% chance of getting this virus at the moment.( 2 in a million)

The media are scaring the public terribly. By the way you had three times as much chance of catching bird flu !! No lockdown or masks then either. 
There is 1 case at derriford who is going home tomorrow recovered

Government has scared everyone shitless. Its quite simple in my eyes. 

When the time comes, if you dont feel safe going to a football match, DONT GO! but dont keep the rest of us from going for the sake of a few suffering with Covidphobia  

29 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

I hope you are speaking for yourself and not EVERYONE,!

Don't worry Al, he's  probably only speaking for those with common sense.

15 minutes ago, Hetty said:

Government has scared everyone shitless. Its quite simple in my eyes. 

When the time comes, if you dont feel safe going to a football match, DONT GO! but dont keep the rest of us from going for the sake of a few suffering with Covidphobia  

Pleased to see that you've decided not to cut your throat Hetty !

3 hours ago, We Two said:

Don't worry Al, he's  probably only speaking for those with common sense.

Pleased to see that you've decided not to cut your throat Hetty !

Everyone should wake up from this melodrama and get back to normal life. How much longer are the population going to live off the state?

8 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

Everyone should wake up from this melodrama and get back to normal life. How much longer are the population going to live off the state?

A friend is working his socks off while at the same time trying to cope with the loss of a close family member to Covid19.
You would have a hard time convincing him that it's a melodrama, a description of facts that is an affront to the thousands that have died from the disease.

22 minutes ago, We Two said:

A friend is working his socks off while at the same time trying to cope with the loss of a close family member to Covid19.
You would have a hard time convincing him that it's a melodrama, a description of facts that is an affront to the thousands that have died from the disease.

You know best!