Mullion                   7-2       Callington Town 

St Blazey                Aban      Bude Town 

St Dennis                 1-1      Penzance 

Wadebridge Town       7-1    Sticker 

WALTER C PARSON FUNERAL DIRECTORS LEAGUE CUP, 

QUARTER FINAL

Bovey Tracey           1-3     Liskeard Athletic 

5 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Bude blaming the ref again Going on their Twitter thread.

When will these managers start getting proper punishments and taking responsibility for the conduct of the team. 

It was abandoned after the second manager wouldn't leave the field and instead started filming. Or that's why I took it to be. Lol. 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - SATURDAY 18 FEBRUARY 2023
18 minutes ago, silly billy said:

It was abandoned after the second manager wouldn't leave the field and instead started filming. Or that's why I took it to be. Lol. 

One of Budes players came over to speak to family after abandoned and said something about one of the Managers was sent for filming . Said he was filming to prove how poor he was 

3 minutes ago, Tribute said:

One of Budes players came over to speak to family after abandoned and said something about one of the Managers was sent for filming . Said he was filming to prove how poor he was 

So the manager was more interested in harassing the ref again with his phone   than the fact he had a player sent off and Another sin binned . Glad the ref called it off. These idiots never learn  maybe this will start to teach them a lesson 

I have been watching football a long time but have never seen anything like the St Blazey vs Bude match it was like a Battlefield Both sides putting in late challenges and the ref just couldnt control the game he sent Bude Player off for 2 yellow card sin binned Billy Hopcroft and just was card happy .

He really lost it 2nd half sending off both Bude managers and then 1 refusing to go and all the players surrounding the ref in the end it looked like the ref thought sod this im calling the game off so us poor supporters where there standing there thinking what the F is going on here it looks like a replay will be onto the verdict 

Onto the footy well there wasnt much to say both sides where kicking lumps out of each other Bude where the better side in the 1st 20 mins and Sean Semmens kept Blazey in the game with some excellent saves ,Blazey went in front through a scappy goal by Jed Smale .

It surprised me when the best player in the league River Allen was only on the bench 

My mom for Blazey goes to there captain Ollie Brockenshire who battled all afternoon and for Bude Scott Piper .

I was loking forward seeing Budes expensive signing Gabby Rogers but i thought he was poor and if i was Bude i would ask for my money back like all us fans should do 

The ref Murat Kaymaz lets say he didnt have the best of games but he had his work cut out with the Bude Management and players from both sides Rappo was on the Podcast saying he was looking forward to seeing this ref if he was there i cant wait to see his write up 

It was lovely to see Ollie Brockenshire and Smokie enjoyed seeing him and Neil Slateford 

Still hate driving to St Austell and Blazey because i go past my partner Amandas house and it upsets me RIP Love miss you so much 

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

I have been watching football a long time but have never seen anything like the St Blazey vs Bude match it was like a Battlefield Both sides putting in late challenges and the ref just couldnt control the game he sent Bude Player off for 2 yellow card sin binned Billy Hopcroft and just was card happy .

He really lost it 2nd half sending off both Bude managers and then 1 refusing to go and all the players surrounding the ref in the end it looked like the ref thought sod this im calling the game off so us poor supporters where there standing there thinking what the F is going on here it looks like a replay will be onto the verdict 

Onto the footy well there wasnt much to say both sides where kicking lumps out of each other Bude where the better side in the 1st 20 mins and Sean Semmens kept Blazey in the game with some excellent saves ,Blazey went in front through a scappy goal by Jed Smale .

It surprised me when the best player in the league River Allen was only on the bench 

My mom for Blazey goes to there captain Ollie Brockenshire who battled all afternoon and for Bude Scott Piper .

I was loking forward seeing Budes expensive signing Gabby Rogers but i thought he was poor and if i was Bude i would ask for my money back like all us fans should do 

The ref Murat Kaymaz lets say he didnt have the best of games but he had his work cut out with the Bude Management and players from both sides Rappo was on the Podcast saying he was looking forward to seeing this ref if he was there i cant wait to see his write up 

It was lovely to see Ollie Brockenshire and Smokie enjoyed seeing him and Neil Slateford 

Still hate driving to St Austell and Blazey because i go past my partner Amandas house and it upsets me RIP Love miss you so much 

You Can’t blame the ref for calling it off if as you say he was fully surrounded by players and managers gobbing off at him , refusing to leave the feild and pushing a camera in his face. . Players getting sin binned. Why should he accept it ??? 
he give up his time to ref a game . Honestly it same old story no matter who refs it and same old teams 

clamp down hard any player or manger caught being aggressive. . Deduct points. And issue  a  Huge fine. Then watch clubs start talking to players and mangers about conduct instead of calling out refs on Twitter 

6 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Can’t blame the ref for calling it off as you say he was surrounded by players and managers gobbing off at him. and refusing to leave the feild pushing a camera in his face. . Players getting sin binned.  
he give up his time to ref a game. Honestly it same old story no matter who refs it and same old teams 

clamp down hard. Deduct points. And a  Huge fine. Then watch clubs start taking to players and mangers about conduct instead of calling out refs on Twitter 

It was more the linesman getting hassle 

13 minutes ago, Cal the dragon said:

In what I have been told is that the bude manager was seen filming just after half time for the saftey of his players considering the referee was very questionable for both teams in the decisions that he made and the decisions which he let go

With which he has to do so outside of the technical area.

It's just a shame that we are not reading match reports on here ,,, again,,,,  and hearing about officials getting it in the neck,,,,   again,,,,, .

Take a leaf out of rugby and hockey books,  bin early, move play back, stop the clock,,  take NO crap,  then investigate and hand out deductions and fines later if required.

MQx

Yeah was at the game Steve, all 63 minutes of it!! Bizarre ending to it all, leaving the 150 odd in the ground a bit bemused to what was happening. I did comment on Bude on here and on the podcast earlier in the season after their match at Wadebridge which was a similar situation to today really. Just think they are maybe a bit too vocal from the bench and not keen on players getting around a ref in his face while he’s trying to make tough decisions and the play acting to kill the game was a bit annoying on that day if not clever. I know others have passed comment on various occasions as well so I’ll leave it at that. Great things going on off the field at Bude with the new floodlights, an imminent stand going up etc just maybe a few lessons to learn on the pitch in a season where they deserve a lot of credit for coming into the league, competing every game and doing very well in the league table and seem a very ambitious club. And in fairness I watched them at Newquay a month ago or so and they were no worse than you see any other team towards the officials despite suffering a big defeat on the day. Always thought this ref was very good the half a dozen times or so that I’ve watched him over the last couple seasons, maybe slightly quick on the card front but all in all a very solid ref who controls games well. Bude may have felt a bit aggrieved a few decisions didn’t quite go their way today and were unlucky to go behind after a great strike against the bar and Shaun making a couple of good saves so probably a bit of frustration there but as the game went on it was becoming a very difficult game to referee with every decision questioned by the players and I must admit I said to my lad at half time I feel sorry for the ref 2nd half! Think the card count went through the roof within 10/15 minutes of the restart and if an official is feeling threatened and fearing for his safety then they are within their rights to call a halt to it, although we hardly ever witness that do we with refs and Lino’s just shrugging off the abuse. I was on the other side of the pitch so can’t comment or don’t know what happened or what was said. Just feel sorry that a top game ended in this way for all concerned. Well done to all at Blazey, don’t think you’ll see many better February pitches around, looked a cracking surface 👍👏🏼️ Sad day for Cornish football, hope it gets sorted to everyone involved contentment and we can move on. Anyone wanting an argument about my comments will have to wait a week cos I’m off to Krakow tomorrow and won’t see my iPad until Friday!! 🤓😃👍

53 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Your blaming the ref for the fact these people couldnt act like grown ups

It’s actually a terrible day for the peninsular league when an official has had to call off a game for being too intimidated and concerned for his safety of his and his officials . 
No ref does this lightly at all. 
so Bude may well have a nice set of flood lights going in and be competitive in the league but the conduct of the club is a disgrace .  What will happen if refs just decide to give up. No more football. 

A lot of people on here sticking their 10 pence in, not knowing the situation. I watched the game and spoke to a few bude lads after the game. A great game, well contested and bude, even with 10 men looked like they could score and get back into the game against a very good Blazey side who looked very dangerous on the counter attack. In complete honesty, the referee (who was very very poor) had lost the game at half time with his inconsistent decisions and cautions. At times he’d let the game go and then at times he’d give fouls and cards for the littlest of contact, both players and officials were at the ref for all decisions and I felt sorry for him on that part but he brought it on himself at times. Baga Mariko was sent off, and I have no doubt his second yellow was worthy of a card but his first yellow was ridiculous, the brilliant Liam eddy chucked himself into Baga and from a situation that wasn’t even a foul, Baga picked up a yellow. I must admit I was disappointed with budes complaining about it but I was also disappointed with blazey players chucking themselves to the floor, diving about all over the place and the referee not nipping that in the bud. The massive decision came when budes Mason tape went through one on one and was hacked out by blazeys right back, the referee waved it away much to the disgust of all the bude contingent and the surprise of every blazey fan/ player/ management. It was a clear as day foul and the blazey player would have no doubt received his marching orders, all the blazey players after the game that I spoke to were baffled how the foul wasn’t given. That set the bude team and management off, and rightly so from what I am hearing, the linesman in fact had told the bude technical area that it was a foul but he wasn’t in the position to advise the referee, when the referee came over the bude management asked the ref if the linesman could help him with that decision to which the referee replied yes, the linesman then, instead of telling the referee his thoughts told the bude management to shut up and all sorts of expletives. I can understand their frustration and following this the referee sent off the two bude managers. I can guarentee there was not one person in the ground who thought that was not a foul and it’s massive decisions like this that change games. I think even the referee knew he made a mistake with his final decision. In summary, bude did not fill themselves with glory with their moaning and hastling of the linesman but blazey were doing the exact same, but none of that is mentioned and bude are the villains once again. The blazey players and management could completely understand the bude frustration but both sides were completely baffled with the decision to abandon the game. I hope this game is replayed as at times it was a great watch between 2 great sides.

2 minutes ago, J dubz said:

A lot of people on here sticking their 10 pence in, not knowing the situation. I watched the game and spoke to a few bude lads after the game. A great game, well contested and bude, even with 10 men looked like they could score and get back into the game against a very good Blazey side who looked very dangerous on the counter attack. In complete honesty, the referee (who was very very poor) had lost the game at half time with his inconsistent decisions and cautions. At times he’d let the game go and then at times he’d give fouls and cards for the littlest of contact, both players and officials were at the ref for all decisions and I felt sorry for him on that part but he brought it on himself at times. Baga Mariko was sent off, and I have no doubt his second yellow was worthy of a card but his first yellow was ridiculous, the brilliant Liam eddy chucked himself into Baga and from a situation that wasn’t even a foul, Baga picked up a yellow. I must admit I was disappointed with budes complaining about it but I was also disappointed with blazey players chucking themselves to the floor, diving about all over the place and the referee not nipping that in the bud. The massive decision came when budes Mason tape went through one on one and was hacked out by blazeys right back, the referee waved it away much to the disgust of all the bude contingent and the surprise of every blazey fan/ player/ management. It was a clear as day foul and the blazey player would have no doubt received his marching orders, all the blazey players after the game that I spoke to were baffled how the foul wasn’t given. That set the bude team and management off, and rightly so from what I am hearing, the linesman in fact had told the bude technical area that it was a foul but he wasn’t in the position to advise the referee, when the referee came over the bude management asked the ref if the linesman could help him with that decision to which the referee replied yes, the linesman then, instead of telling the referee his thoughts told the bude management to shut up and all sorts of expletives. I can understand their frustration and following this the referee sent off the two bude managers. I can guarentee there was not one person in the ground who thought that was not a foul and it’s massive decisions like this that change games. I think even the referee knew he made a mistake with his final decision. In summary, bude did not fill themselves with glory with their moaning and hastling of the linesman but blazey were doing the exact same, but none of that is mentioned and bude are the villains once again. The blazey players and management could completely understand the bude frustration but both sides were completely baffled with the decision to abandon the game. I hope this game is replayed as at times it was a great watch between 2 great sides.

Spot on 👍

It’s a wider problem.  Managers who dedicate their time get abused on this forum too from people who hide behind usernames.

Unfortunately I think the behaviour in certain dug outs is in decline. I think us managers all have a responsibility to the game to not cross the line where competitiveness becomes abuse. To not only officials but each other too.  There are lots of managers I feel an element of mutual respect but some just give you pure abuse.  Why is this?  

im not suggesting I’m an angel but Over the course of many years in the dug out it’s inevitable that I’ve had the odd booking here and there. But I’d say I never get personal with people, I also feel I personally have calmed alot too over time and in general get on with 99% of officials,

A bad day for the league. Some unsavoury personal comments aimed at our dug out today too. I just don’t get why people feel it’s acceptable to behave this way.  

1 hour ago, Martin McHugh said:

It's just a shame that we are not reading match reports on here ,,, again,,,,  and hearing about officials getting it in the neck,,,,   again,,,,, .

Take a leaf out of rugby and hockey books,  bin early, move play back, stop the clock,,  take NO crap,  then investigate and hand out deductions and fines later if required.

MQx

Ten yard rule doesn't work in football. The only way to stop it is to start at the top. Premier league players telling a referee to **** off and thry get away with it. Book them and send them off. 

Alternatively it could be known as applying the laws of the game 

19 minutes ago, J dubz said:

Sure we find out when the report goes in.  But 2 managers shouldn’t be anywhere near the linesman harassing him and getting in his face as you mention when the ref is trying to talk to him about a decision .

agsin until we stop trying to justify it refs will walk away.  Loads already are up country. 

Toxic thuggery at it's finest. The sooner we realise the game is plagued with aggressive cavemen who would beat up their own partners over a game of football, the faster we get a respectable and palatable sport. Until then, we continue to sweep it under the rug and cheaply umbrella term it as "competitive". Start calling it what it is. Vile, disgusting reprehensible abusive behaviour that is akin to that of a prison courtyard exercise programme. 

Rotten to the core. 

9 minutes ago, BrummyBarry said:

People justifying player and manager behaviour are part of this problem

See my post below, game is riddled with excuse makers for these out of control lunatics who would happily wrap a concrete slab around a spectators skull if it meant 3 points. Why do we tolerate it?

38 minutes ago, Dane said:

It’s a wider problem.  Managers who dedicate their time get abused on this forum too from people who hide behind usernames.

Unfortunately I think the behaviour in certain dug outs is in decline. I think us managers all have a responsibility to the game to not cross the line where competitiveness becomes abuse. To not only officials but each other too.  There are lots of managers I feel an element of mutual respect but some just give you pure abuse.  Why is this?  

im not suggesting I’m an angel but Over the course of many years in the dug out it’s inevitable that I’ve had the odd booking here and there. But I’d say I never get personal with people, I also feel I personally have calmed alot too over time and in general get on with 99% of officials,

A bad day for the league. Some unsavoury personal comments aimed at our dug out today too. I just don’t get why people feel it’s acceptable to behave this way.  

maybe you should consider your position now after your behaviour today. You should be setting the example to rest of them team. 

Quite a lot of comments sticking the boot into Bude tonight. I assume all those commenting were at the game? The two posters who do appear to have been at the game paint a picture of a good hard competitive game, spoilt by some poor refereeing. Unfortunately this happen and does not give teams the right to abuse the ref. The game also seems to have been spoilt somewhat by players diving and conning the ref. 

I can only assume Bude must be doing something right if they have upset the apple cart. Every time I’ve watched Bude this season, they are competitive, play the game on the limit and have behaved no better or worse than the opposition. 
I think some on here maybe need to dry their eyes and try and stop being so emotional when it comes to Bude 😉

I have seen Bude 4 times this season and in every game something has happened they are a hard side but do go to far at times Blazey where no angels today i saw Tornado Elbowed and the ref gave nothing ,but it was a strange game i thought i was watching WWE at 1 time i had to covered Smokies eyes to stop him watching all the violence .

The ref must of felt Intimidated when he was surrounded by players and management from both sides 

DSCN7260.JPG

DSCN7317.JPG

DSCN7267.JPG

DSCN7268.JPG

2 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

I have seen Bude 4 times this season and in every game something has happened they are a hard side but do go to far at times Blazey where no angels today i saw Tornado Elbowed and the ref gave nothing ,but it was a strange game i thought i was watching WWE at 1 time i had to covered Smokies eyes to stop him watching all the violence .

The ref must of felt Intimidated when he was surrounded by players and management from both sides 

DSCN7260.JPG

DSCN7317.JPG

But it was all Bude ^ 🤷‍♂️ 

This is a huge problem in the game in general at all levels. 

Let’s hope the FA try some initiatives.

8 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

DSCN7260.JPG

DSCN7317.JPG

DSCN7267.JPG

DSCN7268.JPG

Youve publicly criticised the referee yet then say it was like a game from WWE (I had to Google that, I remember it as WWF). So what is it? I'm confused because you appear to disagree with the referee and them abandoning the game but then state it was like WWE. I was at this game and it was very rarely about football.

Well, meanwhile there was a brilliant comeback happening out of the county as Liskeard came from behind to beat East Division Bovey Tracey 3-1 in the League Cup.

Liskeard were without James Rowe (away) and Jarrad Woods (injured) and were down to only being able to name two on the bench!

However, it didn’t stop the Blues starting off brightly but after about the opening ten minutes Bovey got to grip with their opponents and looked the more likely to open the scoring although it wasn’t until just passed the half hour that they achieved this. A free-kick coming in from the left into a pretty packed penalty area, the ball hitting the far post and coming out to Neil Last to open the scoring.

Half-time and for me relieved that it was only the one goal that Liskeard trailed by, although they had no options on the bench to change the pattern of the game (or at least it seemed)! However, the same personnel did begin to look a little more threatening in the second half while Bovey for me concentrated too much on ensuring the time ticked on when perhaps a little more effort might have given them a second.

Liskeard needed to get that vital goal to take control of the game and eventually it came - in the 73rd minute. A pin-pointed cross from the left by Ben Collins and Harry Jeffery had got far enough forward into the box to head home.

I couldn’t see Liskeard losing after getting on the scoresheet and not long after they made a substitution that you could say was a gamble, bringing on James Lorenz who still looks more injured than a 100% fit, taking off defender Sam Hill.

Minutes later and it was Lorenz who was in the right place at the right time (signs of a great striker I guess) to stroke home a loose ball in the Bovey box.

Liskeard were to wrap the tie up completely with Jeffery getting his second of the game late on from about 25 yards out and now meet Newton Abbot Spurs in the semi final at Ivybridge on Tuesday 28 March.

In the other semi - Elburton Villa or Okehampton meet Axminster.

38 minutes ago, BrummyBarry said:

Youve publicly criticised the referee yet then say it was like a game from WWE (I had to Google that, I remember it as WWF). So what is it? I'm confused because you appear to disagree with the referee and them abandoning the game but then state it was like WWE. I was at this game and it was very rarely about football.

Discipline from clubs and players is the only answer. No matter what the ref gives  we have to accept and get on with it. It might not happen in the Premier league but that doesn't stop us at the lower level setting the standard. 

I was watching Camborne playing rugby a few weeks ago and the two decisions questioning the ref's decisions were rewarded with a sin bin and a sending off for the manager. Both player and manager accepted their punishment without reply. 

I've thought about refereeing to help out a few times but when you read things like this you think f..k that! 

17 minutes ago, Phil said:

Discipline from clubs and players is the only answer. No matter what the ref gives  we have to accept and get on with it. It might not happen in the Premier league but that doesn't stop us at the lower level setting the standard. 

I was watching Camborne playing rugby a few weeks ago and the two decisions questioning the ref's decisions were rewarded with a sin bin and a sending off for the manager. Both player and manager accepted their punishment without reply. 

It's been years in the making and the same happens at international rugby. So it's easy for them, plus 10 yard penalty or a player in the sun bin is a far harsher penalty in rugby. 

The referees have thge power to stamp it out but unfortunately they don't. 

So what if there are 10 abandonments in a weekend, that's the only way. 

On a side note though, a referee is not above critism.

4 minutes ago, BrummyBarry said:

When I spoke to a ref about this a while back he said hed use it more but he has to think about his score from the club because if he gets a bad score he cant get promoted 

Therein lies the problem. Surely only a referee assessor should be scoring refs. Yes clubs should be able to feedback on a refs performance. But to have refs not applying the laws of the game because they might upset a club is just wrong. 

1 hour ago, Paul said:

A few highlights from todays match. Poor quality. Filmed on the wrong setting. 🙈 For what it's worth, it wasn't a bad game to watch. There wasn't really that many bad tackles at all. It wasn't like wrestling at all. 

Watching the ‘highlights’ above:

foul and abusive language from both sides

constant moaning at the ref from both sides 

no complaints regarding the two bookings and subsequent red

if this is the standard two top sides in the SWPL produce, the standard of the SWPL has dropped massively and there is a big gulf in class/quantity between SWPL and Western Prem 

The Western league is a step above. It should be better.

Based on ten minutes highlights you can't base a whole league against another.

Two top sides dosnt always produce a classic. Far from it. Alot at stake. 

There was more poor tackling in last weeks match against Liskeard than there was today. (Well up to the 60 minute mark anyway)