Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - SATURDAY 18 FEBRUARY 2023

4 minutes ago, Paul said:

The Western league is a step above. It should be better.

Based on ten minutes highlights you can't base a whole league against another.

Two top sides dosnt always produce a classic. Far from it. Alot at stake. 

There was more poor tackling in last weeks match against Liskeard than there was today. (Well up to the 60 minute mark anyway)

Today's tackling from St Blazey was more like a rugby match 

Discipline only comes from with in the club. 
having watched plenty of Plymouth parkway games you can see the work that gone on with the squad to clamp down on red cards and bad discipline from seasons past . Maybe it’s as you climb the league more is expected of you. 
I still get the impression the peninsular league is village football stuck in the past  with a lot players and managers who think they are gods gift around the local scene  ranting and raving every Saturday  know all the refs personally so don’t think twice about shouting at them and then jump in the cars with the players after and laugh it all off.  
All clubs should follow a code of conduct by the committee .. What young kids on the sidelines watching refs harassed being sworn at and being forced to abandon a game  is beyond me. 

Just at thought 

will this game have to be replayed ? If so will it just be from the abandoned time or a complete re match. ? 
will people be refunded ?
will the sending offs still stand ?

all bit confusing and a headache for the league.  Imagine if their is   no severe punishment you could have a situation with teams every week trying to get games abandoned if they are losing. 

The issue for me with Bude is that no amount of ground improvements will mask the ever present ‘shithousery’ Beyond the limit of acceptable aggression, repeated gamesmanship, the pound shop Stone Island elements in the ground, managers and players (and crowd) in the ear and face of officials. An unpleasant place to visit.

Still at least this time they can’t blame Liskeard for unsavoury events 😉

What I can say though is that the referee today is nearly *always* pretty poor. Slow, card happy and inconsistent . That said, however, there is no excuse for mistreatment of officials, no matter how poor they are, EVER.

I think the necessary response is points deducted  from Bude and a 3-0 score awarded to Blazey, even if that might not be the greatest outcome for other title challengers! IIRC Matt Hayden got a touch line ban of some length, maybe BTFC management should get the  same? BTW, this isn’t all about Bude - I’ve seen poor behaviour from other benches and teams too, although none which the referee deemed the need to abandon the game for. Remember - NO REF equals NO GAME!

IIRC I think  Bude are at Lux Park next week (or week after).  After the ill-will from the game at Broadclose earlier in the season I hope a strong referee is appointed.  I am sure none of the Blues will need motivating for this one!!

6 hours ago, Paul said:

A few highlights from todays match. Poor quality. Filmed on the wrong setting. 🙈 For what it's worth, it wasn't a bad game to watch. There wasn't really that many bad tackles at all. It wasn't like wrestling at all. 

I notice out of all the highlights of this video he has taken out the foul on budes striker when 1vs1 😂 he is no idiot that’s for sure!!

50 minutes ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

The issue for me with Bude is that no amount of ground improvements will mask the ever present ‘shithousery’ Beyond the limit of acceptable aggression, repeated gamesmanship, the pound shop Stone Island elements in the ground, managers and players (and crowd) in the ear and face of officials. An unpleasant place to visit.

Still at least this time they can’t blame Liskeard for unsavoury events 😉

What I can say though is that the referee today is nearly *always* pretty poor. Slow, card happy and inconsistent . That said, however, there is no excuse for mistreatment of officials, no matter how poor they are, EVER.

I think the necessary response is points deducted  from Bude and a 3-0 score awarded to Blazey, even if that might not be the greatest outcome for other title challengers! IIRC Matt Hayden got a touch line ban of some length, maybe BTFC management should get the  same? BTW, this isn’t all about Bude - I’ve seen poor behaviour from other benches and teams too, although none which the referee deemed the need to abandon the game for. Remember - NO REF equals NO GAME!

IIRC I think  Bude are at Lux Park next week (or week after).  After the ill-will from the game at Broadclose earlier in the season I hope a strong referee is appointed.  I am sure none of the Blues will need motivating for this one!!

Points deducted from bude and 3 points given to blazey. Absolute madness that someone would suggest this, especially when you see the footage. Sure am glad that you aren’t in charge of anything other than your daily pampering. You really should know that the referee lost the game and both teams were as bad as eachother with their antics. 

10 hours ago, Paul said:

A few highlights from todays match. Poor quality. Filmed on the wrong setting. 🙈 For what it's worth, it wasn't a bad game to watch. There wasn't really that many bad tackles at all. It wasn't like wrestling at all. 

Very conveniently left out the footage of the blatant red card and last man challenge 🧐 

11 hours ago, Paul said:

Thanks for posting. Interesting to see what a ‘war zone’ looks like in lower league football 🤭

Looked like a normal competitive game to me. 
An interesting point for me and one which a few have mentioned is the players shouting at the ref. I also believe this is unacceptable as without the officials performing, we would not have a game. The ref does have the power to control this from the start of the game however. Also maybe guidance from the powers that be of a zero tolerance would be the way forward.
However that said, the posters previously who appear to want Bude, hung drawn and quartered for being such brutal thugs. How do they feel about the constant ‘barrage’ of abuse towards the ref from the fans? If we are going for the ‘holier than thou’ surely that must be the standard we expect everyone to follow, players, club officials and fans. Or does that not fit the narrative? I jest of course, but some people on here do need to give their heads a wobble. Some of the comments are laughable to say the least. 

I'd imagine there's no smoke without fire with regards too Bude. Are so many people who comment on there antics wrong? The Bude contingent come on here to try and defend it to which makes it even more embarressing. Maybe there energies would be better spent trying to improve the behaviour of managers and players, this would then mean they weren't spoken about in such a way. 

9 minutes ago, Saturday_Social said:

I'd imagine there's no smoke without fire with regards too Bude. Are so many people who comment on there antics wrong? The Bude contingent come on here to try and defend it to which makes it even more embarressing. Maybe there energies would be better spent trying to improve the behaviour of managers and players, this would then mean they weren't spoken about in such a way. 

Think your energy needs to be spent on spelling …

Without the ref you'd have no game is not true they play without referees in the low leagues because they have to I don't no the rules buts it might be the same in SWPL and above.ive seen that in lower leagues referees are not sent to games where teams have mistreated them can you imagine if the FA had the balls to do that in these competitions because teams would soon learn 

14 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Well done to Penzance, fighting back to finish on level terms at St Dennis. That's four games in a row unbeaten, something we haven't seen in a long while.

Last week's draw, away at Bodmin, was their first draw on the road, for, four and half seasons and just like London's double decker buses get another today. 

Really good interview with Penzance media man, James Wright, on the CS Podcast last week. Sounds like good things are starting to happen at Penlee Parc, a really good story to counter what seems to have went on between Blazey and Bude yesterday. 

4 minutes ago, Box 2 Box said:

Perhaps discipline and fair play standings need to be factored into the overall league table and promotion equation? 

When you look at the current SWPL fair play standings some teams at the top of the league table are near the bottom of the fair play list? 

That’s a fair point and one which could work if the penalty was financial or points deduction. 

9 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Discipline only comes from with in the club. 
having watched plenty of Plymouth parkway games you can see the work that gone on with the squad to clamp down on red cards and bad discipline from seasons past . Maybe it’s as you climb the league more is expected of you. 
I still get the impression the peninsular league is village football stuck in the past  with a lot players and managers who think they are gods gift around the local scene  ranting and raving every Saturday  know all the refs personally so don’t think twice about shouting at them and then jump in the cars with the players after and laugh it all off.  
All clubs should follow a code of conduct by the committee .. What young kids on the sidelines watching refs harassed being sworn at and being forced to abandon a game  is beyond me. 

Just at thought 

will this game have to be replayed ? If so will it just be from the abandoned time or a complete re match. ? 
will people be refunded ?
will the sending offs still stand ?

all bit confusing and a headache for the league.  Imagine if their is   no severe punishment you could have a situation with teams every week trying to get games abandoned if they are losing. 

And people still scratch their heads and wonder why players, officials, volunteers and supporters are walking away from grassroots football.

Everything that I filmed is on there. I don't record every second. Funny enough this tackle that everyone is so upset about, didn't even look like a foul from watching it from behind the goal at the far end. Looked like both players ran into each other. I could be as wrong as the next person but hey ho. 

One tackle and not getting a free kick for it isn't justice to get a game abandoned!! 😡

3 minutes ago, Paul said:

Everything that I filmed is on there. I don't record every second. Funny enough this tackle that everyone is so upset about, didn't even look like a foul from watching it from behind the goal at the far end. Looked like both players ran into each other. I could be as wrong as the next person but hey ho. 

One tackle and not getting a free kick for it isn't justice to get a game abandoned!! 😡

You couldn’t make it up! Didn’t look like a foul 😂

No-one is saying it justifies it by the way so calm down on that narrative

1 hour ago, Saturday_Social said:

I'd imagine there's no smoke without fire with regards to Bude. Are so many people who comment on their antics wrong? The Bude contingent come on here to try and defend it to which makes it even more embarressing. Maybe there energies would be better spent trying to improve the behaviour of managers and players, this would then mean they weren't spoken about in such a way. 

Sadly no-one from Bude can see that their approach to the game and some of their fans alienate other clubs and neutrals. These Bude fans always jump in on this forum to defend their club with …. The other team were just as bad ….. instead of getting their own house in order. You can only control what your managers, coaches, players and fans do.  

Lots of people on here, from Blazey too, saying it was a robust game and  nothing more. People pointing out perceived individual refereeing errors. No matter how poor the ref is there is something wrong when he feels he has to call the game off!! 

Entertaining game at Camelford yesterday. 
Errors on both sides cost goals, mainly due to the conditions. 
Top hospitality as usual from Camelford. 

Well officiated in an easy game to oversee; thanks to Mr Steggles for stepping in at late notice after the original appointed linesman was unable to make the fixture due to work commitments. 
There was a point where we would’ve had to agree on a self-appointed linesman as there were non-available due to shortages - I think Luke Wilkes said that they had around 20 gaps to fill in officiating this weekend. 
A reminder too that in our Junior leagues if there is no official appointed then the home side must provide one, failure to do so means that they lose the points! 
I think some expect better than Premier League officiating in the SWPL, I get the consistency argument too but surely the lack of consistency of players is more frustrating. 

The ref Mr Kaymaz i usually a very good ref but he just seemed to find the players very intimidating yesterday The players and management should know better and not crowd around the ref .

The ref could of sent even more players off Tornado Bello was given a rough time and Martin Giles was lucky to of stayed on the pitch I thought i had come to watch a footy match but ended watching a WWE Wrestling match .

The football itself wasnt too good Bude started off really good and if it wasnt for saves Sean Semmens in the Blazey goal made Bude would of gone in front it all kicked off when Budes Baga Mariko was sent off and Billy Hopcroft was sin binned and the football went out of the window then and it was who could kick who the hardest .

Who would want to be a ref in situations like this something needs to be done big fines for players and management if they surround the ref in a frightening manner .

If there is a replay there needs to be a different ref and t should be Mr Neil Hunnisett best ref by a mile 

1 hour ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Sadly no-one from Bude can see that their approach to the game and some of their fans alienate other clubs and neutrals. These Bude fans always jump in on this forum to defend their club with …. The other team were just as bad ….. instead of getting their own house in order. You can only control what your managers, coaches, players and fans do.  

Lots of people on here, from Blazey too, saying it was a robust game and  nothing more. People pointing out perceived individual refereeing errors. No matter how poor the ref is there is something wrong when he feels he has to call the game off!! 

Are you really saying that Bude supporters should sit back and let posters on here (most of who don’t even appear to have been at the game) rag doll them about, with no right of reply. 
Surely everyone can see that there will always be two sides. 
As football fans, we are (or can be) blinkered, biased, deluded and foolish at times with our comments/thoughts. But to suggest Bude just sit down, shut up and focus on themselves whilst everyone else takes free kicks at them is a tad naive I’d suggest. 

As the old saying goes, opinions are like backsides, we all have them 😉

What happens next fully depends upon the referee's report to CCFA/SWPL and his reason for abandoning the game. If it was because of the behaviour of both clubs, both would be punished - and I believe the game could be rescheduled. If the game was abandoned due to the behaviour of just one club, they would be punished and 3 points awarded to the non-offending team.

15 minutes ago, The Jam Tart said:

Are you really saying that Bude supporters should sit back and let posters on here (most of who don’t even appear to have been at the game) rag doll them about, with no right of reply. 
Surely everyone can see that there will always be two sides. 
As football fans, we are (or can be) blinkered, biased, deluded and foolish at times with our comments/thoughts. But to suggest Bude just sit down, shut up and focus on themselves whilst everyone else takes free kicks at them is a tad naive I’d suggest. 

As the old saying goes, opinions are like backsides, we all have them 😉

Being a Jambo you’ll know plenty about ‘shithousery’ 😉 

I get your points, but Bude’s ‘dogs of war’ mentality is something commented upon by all sorts of posters with allegiance to many differing clubs. Are they *all* wrong? The ongoing  ‘victim’ mentality from Broadclose not a great look.

I know it's being tried and tested elsewhere in country. But I think the use of bodycam would help prevent this kind of behaviour and give justification to any kind of decisions made on the pitch. 

Massive football fan but the treatment towards refs (whilst understandable at times) is horrendous. 

This ultimately would or could force players to behabe as any footage could be used to back up sending offs, and further punishments after the game. 

You never see this kind of behavior towards refs in rugby...so why does it exist in football. 

In my work we have recently trialled cheap cameras that can be used to monitor situations. It's not hard to see the applications

3 hours ago, John Mead said:

What happens next fully depends upon the referee's report to CCFA/SWPL and his reason for abandoning the game. If it was because of the behaviour of both clubs, both would be punished - and I believe the game could be rescheduled. If the game was abandoned due to the behaviour of just one club, they would be punished and 3 points awarded to the non-offending team.

Got to be honest. I was expecting something exciting as I scrolled down the page. 
Disappointed doesn’t even come close 🤭 

An investigation shouldn’t be an issue seeing as the management are suggesting on social media they have video evidence that vindicates them running around shouting at officials. . 
Speaking to a ref in the Devon league he said that refs are at the end of their patience with it all. He actually used to  brings his son along to games  but couldn’t anymore due to relentless abuse he got from the sidelines and players misbehaving . Also Said he couldn’t even go into tyr club house for a beer after at some places due to not feeling welcome. . Absolutely ridiculous 
 If any ref not backed up up by the league. Hate to think  how many refs will quit or think this isn’t  worth it.  Some big decisions to make. 

7 hours ago, J dubz said:

I notice out of all the highlights of this video he has taken out the foul on budes striker when 1vs1 😂

I find it funny that you assume Paul records the entire game.

As for the match: pretty dull. Neither team played particularly enjoyable football. So much moaning from Bude throughout though, although Blazey were almost as guilty of this too.

Bude can have no complaints about their player being sent off. Of course, as they complained about everything, they did complain about the sending off, to the extent that one of their players was also sin binned.

The goal, when it came, was the result of good work down the right wing. Kyle Marks pulled the ball back for Smale (I think) to score with his arse as he fell into the goal.

The second half started about as miserably as the first, with neither team looking to play much football. I don't think there is any question that Will Tinsley's foul should have resulted in a second yellow, so allowing the play to continue was a bad decision from the referee. That said, there is no excuse for the response from their bench.

I really think that any retrospective punishment should be applied with a heavy hand. It would set a dangerous precedent if the decision is to reply the match; any team finding themselves a goal and a man down can simply throw their toys out of the pram force a replay. I would hope in this instance for a touchline ban, a fine and a points deduction would be an appropriate punishment for forcing a match to be abandoned.

What gets me on this Forum are armchair critics who dont even go to the matches but copy other peoples reports and make out they was at the matches when they where not .

Last comment from me St Blazey where no angels yesterday Martin Giles should of got a red for a bad foul he did but did not Tornado Bello got whacked in the face ,both teams dished out some rough stuff yesterday but Bude are getting a reputation for being a dirty team and on the 4 times i have watched them they deserve it .

I expect the replay will be midweek match which will be  a pity because i wouldnt be there for that 1 Think Blazey will win the replay but they need to start with River Allen on the Bench . 

47 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

What gets me on this Forum are armchair critics who dont even go to the matches but copy other peoples reports and make out they was at the matches when they where not .

Last comment from me St Blazey where no angels yesterday Martin Giles should of got a red for a bad foul he did but did not Tornado Bello got whacked in the face ,both teams dished out some rough stuff yesterday but Bude are getting a reputation for being a dirty team and on the 4 times i have watched them they deserve it .

I expect the replay will be midweek match which will be  a pity because i wouldnt be there for that 1 Think Blazey will win the replay but they need to start with River Allen on the Bench . 

Ok thats my lot got a lot calmer game this Saturday Newquay vs Callington 

you lost your credibility when you defended their actions in your first post and now you say whod want to be a ref and it was like a WWE match so which one is it

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

You do tend to talk a lot of rubbish yourself on here too! 

What is funny is all the clubs that have over spent or rushed to get floodlights up and now the restructure will be delayed for a season.  

champions only will be promoted so St Blazey can just sit back and let this play out safe in the knowledge that bude will be hosting St Dennis / Sticker etc with their new lights next season. 

A lot of improving is needed by Bude , it’s an obvious learning curve they will get there it’s just very frustrating to see established sides at that level wanting to gatekeep and to hand pick who they choose to welcome in to that level , from what I’ve seen sides at that level all do it but you have to be established at that level first for people to turn a blind eye , unfortunately jealousy isn’t a currency because most of the league would have a massive budget if that was the case 

1 hour ago, Roche Raider said:

No replay, 3 points to Blazey and a very heavy fine coming Budes way. Confirmed tomorrow morning in statement.

Blimey, are you expecting the admin process to work that quickly?

17 minutes ago, Thecupfootballblogger said:

Have I missed something? (The answer is probably yes). I know there has been a row over the league merger but has it definitely been put back a year or is this just supposition?

Supposition at the moment, but the FA needs to come up with something amazing to get it back on track!

2 hours ago, Roche Raider said:

No replay, 3 points to Blazey and a very heavy fine coming Budes way. Confirmed tomorrow morning in statement.

Impossible.

The league can only decide on the awarding of the points and cannot impose a fine for misconduct. 

The decision on the penalties for any misconduct are a matter for the County FA and the process is governed by the FA's Disciplinary Regulations.  Any charges will be raised tomorrow at the earliest and then there is a period that the club has to respond.  If those charged request a personal hearing, as is their right, then the process takes a bit longer again.  Only after attribution for the abandonment has been decided can the league take action.  All covered in the Standardised Rules.