Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - SATURDAY 18 FEBRUARY 2023

32 minutes ago, L.Gibbons said:

Is the "70th minute mark" a thing? I thought 2 equal periods had to be played?

Would of thought the 2 equal periods would have to be agreed before the start of the game, used when a start was delayed, reason like ref or team delayed getting to game. Suppose another scenario could be player injury/floodlight failure in 1st half 35 mins gone, restart 2nd half with agreed 35 to play.

45 minutes ago, L.Gibbons said:

Is the "70th minute mark" a thing? I thought 2 equal periods had to be played?

No. It's not written specifically into the competition rules and is not a feature of law.

A game that isn't completed, the outcome is decided by the league committee.

2 hours ago, Toroloco13 said:

Yes but referee mark HAS to be entered on fulltime in order for the system to allow you to progress to enter your squad details so still has to be completed!!

Ah I see. My original point still stands question with the league it's value. It's probably a setting in full time. It might not be. 

As a volunteer your time is valuable, and this is potentially using up your time for no good reason. The league may say we need it for x, y or z. However, the FA won't be using it for its intended purpose of promotion and retention, that's all I can tell you.

If you look at the SWP as an example, there are 35 clubs who send in a report to MOAS. Personally over a period of a season I would think a pattern would be shown towards the officials receiving consistently better reports. Likewise, MOAS may identify clubs who buck the trend on indicating the most consistent officials. I would think it is up to MOAS on how they use the data. What is the alternative? There are certainly not enough observers to cover a fraction of the matches.

On 22/02/2023 at 11:43, TheOpinionoftheReferee said:

No. It's not written specifically into the competition rules and is not a feature of law.

A game that isn't completed, the outcome is decided by the league committee.

Ah I see. My original point still stands question with the league it's value. It's probably a setting in full time. It might not be. 

As a volunteer your time is valuable, and this is potentially using up your time for no good reason. The league may say we need it for x, y or z. However, the FA won't be using it for its intended purpose of promotion and retention, that's all I can tell you.

Clubs have been told by the pool referee appointments officer they can put in any value they want 

52 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

I’m not the one saying there’s more that should be added! It’s easy to make that comment, but for me it doesn’t hold up unless people are named! 

There is a thread called "officials demise". Do you think this happening because they are treated pleasantly and with respect?!