Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League Results 17th October

Trelawny 4

Dropship 7 Mullion 3rds 0

Lots of changes within the club during the week but the boys did all the simple stuff and executed our plan perfectly 

Mullion never gave up but our defence stood firm

Dropship scorers

Ben Fletcher 3

Jordan Lyth 

Harry Browning 

Jack Knight

Charlie Morgan 

22 minutes ago, isaac rosenberg said:

12-2 to the Tinners at Illogan sounds fairly conclusive: well done. The first league goals St Just have conceded, so well done to Illogan on scoring both of them.

A conclusive result in the end, despite a strong Illogan start holding the score at 1-1 for the first 25 mins. Second half St Just missed a hat full of chances and the score line should've been bigger, however I'd like to mention the young lad in the middle for Illogan 3rds (number eight) who had a very good game. 😎👍

Div 1

Praze 7-0 Frogpool

Fordy x4 Jowan x2 Sammy T x1, 3 points clean sheet and a skinful of beer. Good day/

Special mention to Paul Minns and good to see him still taking the whistle even though his health isn’t 100%. Everyone at Praze Fc wish him all the best and a speedy recovery.

Another mention to Frogpool who were quite frankly embarrassing (IN MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION AND NOT THE CLUBS VIEWS)  from start to finish they did nothing but moan, cause stupid fouls.. had one sent off for an off the ball stamp on our left back and should’ve had two walk for throwing their hands at our players. No room in football for it! 

If anyone has issues about what I’ve said, feel free to message me directly as this isn’t the clubs post, this is my own. I have respect for frogpool as a club, just their attitude needs to change 

Edited by ArseneWanger

1 hour ago, ArseneWanger said:

Div 1

Praze 7-0 Frogpool

Fordy x4 Jowan x2 Sammy T x1, 3 points clean sheet and a skinful of beer. Good day/

Special mention to Paul Minns and good to see him still taking the whistle even though his health isn’t 100%. Everyone at Praze Fc wish him all the best and a speedy recovery.

Another mention to Frogpool who were quite frankly embarrassing, from start to finish they did nothing but moan, cause stupid fouls.. had one sent off for an off the ball stamp on our left back and should’ve had two walk for throwing their hands at our players. No room in football for it! 

We had them in the Junior Cup a few weeks ago. They had a couple of players that let their Club down with their attitudes that day, I should imagine they were the same people you refer too here. I've always had a great deal of respect for the Club however, they aren't covering themselves in glory at the moment - since our game, I've seen a number of people say some really negative things about them which is a great shame.

I do sincerely hope that they can have a sit down and try to get themselves back to where they were (reputation) a while back because it's such a shame to hear this again. 

Today we travelled to Probus in a Trelawny League encounter. Unfortunately I missed the first 30 minutes or so of the game but by that point we had taken the lead after Matt Taylor Cowie converted a James Chilman cross. As I arrived Probus were looking good to get back in to the game but a Brad Clements goal line clearance kept them at bay. Not long after Paul Cannons headed home a Josh Ireson corner to give us a 2-0 lead at the break.

Knowing that the next goal would be vital, we started the 2nd half on the front foot. Cowie returned the favour from earlier, playing in Chilman to finish and secure a 3 goal advantage. Probus were not done though, their striker fire a shot at goal after breaking down the left, keeper Matt Lello will probably feel he could have done slightly better as the block with his feet dropped straight to their player in the area who fired home. 3-1, game on.

The energetic Cowie extended our lead after latching on to a delightfully chipped Ireson through ball and finishing well. A bit of 6 yard box ping pong saw Probus again pull a goal back to make it 4-2. James Chilman had another strike ruled out after the referee adjudged there to have been obstruction on the keeper before he fired home.

And then it happened. It's not something that any of us really want to talk about but one particular person does. Although no stranger to a goal, this player is usually found nodding in from 2 yards or tapping in from 3. On this occasion though, Bradley Clements felt he had done enough running during the match so stayed back for a corner, rather than going up as usual. Probus defended the corner well and the clearance came out to the edge of the centre circle. It was at this moment Clements decided to be the Trelawny Leagues answer to Vincent Kompany. His first touch stayed within actual playing distance and resembled actual control. My mind went back to Guardiola who was shouting "No shoot Vinny" at this point. Nonetheless, Clements ran on to his own touch just outside the centre circle and hit what I can only describe as probably his finest moment in life - past, present and future. Like a rocket, the ball set off outside the post, curling in just enough to beat the poor Probus keeper and the ball rattled in to the top right stanchion.

A really good enjoyable game played in great spirits. In a fine moment towards the end, Paul was joined in the back line by son Daniel Cannons for their first time together in Saturday football. All the best to Probus, see you on the return

Four Lanes - 2

Mawnan - 5

We never really showed up today and Mawnan took revenge for the first game of the season.

A good opening goal, two great direct free kicks and a penalty put us on the back foot at 4-0 down in the first half.

We managed to grab a penalty back in the second half before half chance went in for us.

On to next week in the junior cup where we’re up against... Mawnan at home again!

2 hours ago, erby ruin said:

Trelawny 4

Dropship 7 Mullion 3rds 0

Lots of changes within the club during the week but the boys did all the simple stuff and executed our plan perfectly 

Mullion never gave up but our defence stood firm

Dropship scorers

Ben Fletcher 3

Jordan Lyth 

Harry Browning 

Jack Knight

Charlie Morgan 

Mullion should hold their heads up high. They played very well at times. Their attitude towards us a team and as a Club was spot on. However, I'd expect nothing less when they have Kev running the side. Top blokes and it was a pleasure to host them today. We look forward to the return leg. 

38 minutes ago, Dave Bartlam said:

We had them in the Junior Cup a few weeks ago. They had a couple of players that day that let their Club down with their attitudes that day, I should imagine they were the same people you refer too here. I've always had a great deal of respect for the Club however, they aren't covering themselves in glory at the moment - since our game, I've seen a number of people say some really negative things about them which is a great shame.

I do sincerely hope that they can have a sit down and try to get themselves back to where they were (reputation) a while back because it's such a shame to hear this again. 

Bet one was the striker?

59 minutes ago, ArseneWanger said:

Div 1

Praze 7-0 Frogpool

Another mention to Frogpool who were quite frankly embarrassing, from start to finish they did nothing but moan, cause stupid fouls.. had one sent off for an off the ball stamp on our left back and should’ve had two walk for throwing their hands at our players. No room in football for it! 

As one of the 2 managers of praze, this doesn't reflect my views.  Yes frogpool threw a couple of arms and had a good moan.  The young lad who did clearly stamp was visibly upset after being sent off and after a chat with him sure he will learn from it, hes a good player.  Football without personalities is boring.  It was an enjoyable afternoon and both sides left in good spirits.   Played against loads worst..! Well reffed by Paul Minns who let the game flow.... great day for praze fc. 

2 minutes ago, Wildee said:

As one of the 2 managers of praze, this doesn't reflect my views.  Yes frogpool threw a couple of arms and had a good moan.  The young lad who did clearly stamp was visibly upset after being sent off and after a chat with him sure he will learn from it, hes a good player.  Football without personalities is boring.  It was an enjoyable afternoon and both sides left in good spirits.   Played against loads worst..! Well reffed by Paul Minns who let the game flow.... great day for praze fc. 

Edited my previous post Marty, I’ve specified it’s my own views on this and nobody else’s. He’ll learn from it as he has to miss the next three games 😂 violent conduct unfortunately has no place in the game

53 minutes ago, Wildee said:

As the manger of frogpool 1st team im very disappointed by some of the actions of my players today. The lad who kick out or stamped got a straight red and deserved it there was no need. But he is 16 and its first time in adult football he was in tears and hopefully he will learn from it. 

Today became an embarrassment the way we played was aweful, conseeding 3 goals in under 5 mins was a joke. I have no excuse for how they played. Stupid errors and frustrations for a terrible start to the season I think are starting to boil over. Which is disappointing. 

It was a decent game apart from the silliness and praze throughly deserved to win it. Better all over the pitch. 

2 hours ago, ArseneWanger said:

Div 1

Praze 7-0 Frogpool

Another mention to Frogpool who were quite frankly embarrassing (IN MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION AND NOT THE CLUBS VIEWS)  from start to finish they did nothing but moan, cause stupid fouls.. had one sent off for an off the ball stamp on our left back and should’ve had two walk for throwing their hands at our players. No room in football for it! 

If anyone has issues about what I’ve said, feel free to message me directly as this isn’t the clubs post, this is my own. I have respect for frogpool as a club, just their attitude needs to change 

There manager isnt much better was very disresctfull to our club last weekend following our win.

Threemilestone 5 Probus 1 (Liam Paddock)

Premier Division

Having an away game less than 10 minutes from my front door is always a bonus and today I was glad to get home a few minutes after the final whistle because we got what we deserved today (again) - nothing. TMS were better all over the pitch, they wanted it more and played better football. We need to learn quickly that we won’t win many games if we are outworked, outfought and outthought. I think I’ve said that a few times recently. Maybe some of us more experienced players need to help the youngsters more than we currently are. 
We were 2-0 down at halftime after poor marking for the first goal and a decent free kick that brushed my head on the way into the net. We knew we had to play better in the second half but we didn’t. TMS scored 3, to go 5-0 up and we did eventually manage a goal (some would say a ‘consolation’ goal but it really wasn’t), when Liam Paddock headed in a Graham Hill free kick with about 5 minutes to go. We contributed to our own downfall but TMS are a good team - we made it far too easy for them today. It says everything that our best player was Nathan Chapman in goal for us (usually a number 8 who plays rugby) who was playing his first ever game between the sticks because our normal keeper was unavailable.

Thanks to Neil Pitt, who had a good game in the middle and let the game flow when he could. Chacewater at home in the Junior Cup next week.

2 minutes ago, Chris Davey said:

Threemilestone 5 Probus 1 (Liam Paddock)

Premier Division

Having an away game less than 10 minutes from my front door is always a bonus and today I was glad to get home a few minutes after the final whistle because we got what we deserved today (again) - nothing. TMS were better all over the pitch, they wanted it more and played better football. We need to learn quickly that we won’t win many games if we are outworked, outfought and outthought. I think I’ve said that a few times recently. Maybe some of us more experienced players need to help the youngsters more than we currently are. 
We were 2-0 down at halftime after poor marking for the first goal and a decent free kick that brushed my head on the way into the net. We knew we had to play better in the second half but we didn’t. TMS scored 3, to go 5-0 up and we did eventually manage a goal (some would say a ‘consolation’ goal but it really wasn’t), when Liam Paddock headed in a Graham Hill free kick with about 5 minutes to go. We contributed to our own downfall but TMS are a good team - we made it far too easy for them today. It says everything that our best player was Nathan Chapman in goal for us (usually a number 8 who plays rugby) who was playing his first ever game between the sticks because our normal keeper was unavailable.

Thanks to Gareth Pitt, who had a good game in the middle and let the game flow when he could. Chacewater at home in the Junior Cup next week.

*Neil Pitt. I believe Gareth is the much much older ginger brother 

8 hours ago, Chris Davey said:

Thanks, edited! Not sure the second part is factually correct though, as I believe Neil ( @Pitty) is the same age as me according to previous posts on this forum!

Haha I am a sprightly 45 Chris and Gareth is 42 but I agree he looks much more haggered and older 😂😂 good game to referee, both sides with a good attitude throughout the 90 min and were mostly playing with smiles on their faces and hardly any dissent which was good to witness especially with the shortage of referees at the moment - Two sides behaving as they should be and credit to them 👏.
Some quality performances on a tight pitch, of note the TMS back line that looked good quality and comfortable playing from the back, Couple of misdemeanours I had to deal with but no permanent trips to the ‘Naughty Step’. Best of luck to both sides for the season.

Having officiated both Mawnan and TMS now i think they are looking the two sides most likely to be in the mix come the end of the season for the silverware and will be a couple of good games to watch when they meet 👍

1 hour ago, one2many said:

But he is 16 and its first time in adult football he was in tears and hopefully he will learn from it. 

If he should read this, or those around him, make sure he stays in the game and moves on from this error. At 16, hopefully in years to come, he'll look back at today and recall it fondly as a big learning curve experience. 👍

I watched frogpool vs Illogan a few weeks back, there striker was a complete numpty, thought he was better than what he was, tall midfielder with a lovely tan was just as much a numpty and both moaned constantly.... 

21 hours ago, The Tinner said:

A conclusive result in the end, despite a strong Illogan start holding the score at 1-1 for the first 25 mins. Second half St Just missed a hat full of chances and the score line should've been bigger, however I'd like to mention the young lad in the middle for Illogan 3rds (number eight) who had a very good game. 😎👍

Dylan Sara would have been that player, quality on the ball, very relaxed, can take on players.... Future Illogan captain right there, very inexperienced squad tlfrom Illogan, 8 under 18s, 7 missing and a few of their more experienced players just couldn't be bothered to perform on the day. 

They have a very young squad by the looks of it, which in this division is going to be tough for them, quality division this year.... But a season of hardship goes a long way to building characters in football and is a great learning curve.... 

20 hours ago, fudge said:

There manager isnt much better was very disresctfull to our club last weekend following our win.

To be perfectly honest I didn't handle that defeat very well either. We are all struggling with our current form. I'm supposed to lead by example and often make rash decisions especially with how I handle things at the moment. Which is disappointing and the view it's making the club look bad is something I need to sort out quickly. 

But the club as whole shouldn't have to be dragged through the mud because of my frustrations or some of my players lashing out. Players lose their tempers and if they do something like throw a punch or stamp on someone then they deserves what ever punishment the ref feels fitting.

The young lad who got sent off yesterday is gutted about his actions and he will learns from it. We as a club will be behind him because he is a good lad but like so many and we have all played against some who can't handle there frustrations myself included. 

14 hours ago, ItsallaboutME said:

I watched frogpool vs Illogan a few weeks back, there striker was a complete numpty, thought he was better than what he was, tall midfielder with a lovely tan was just as much a numpty and both moaned constantly.... 

Dylan Sara would have been that player, quality on the ball, very relaxed, can take on players.... Future Illogan captain right there, very inexperienced squad tlfrom Illogan, 8 under 18s, 7 missing and a few of their more experienced players just couldn't be bothered to perform on the day. 

They have a very young squad by the looks of it, which in this division is going to be tough for them, quality division this year.... But a season of hardship goes a long way to building characters in football and is a great learning curve.... 

Had the pleasure of coaching a chunk of that Illogan Thirds Team a couple of years ago and I can’t express how humble, hard working and talented they are. Dylan epitomises that. Need more young players like them coming through and more clubs like Illogan taking chances on youngsters to avoid an entire generation of stay at homes,  who’d rather be playing PlayStation than playing footy. 

Good on Illogan and good for the young lads involved. They’ll do very well in the not so distant future I have no doubt. 

12 hours ago, Tempo said:

Had the pleasure of coaching a chunk of that Illogan Thirds Team a couple of years ago and I can’t express how humble, hard working and talented they are. Dylan epitomises that. Need more young players like them coming through and more clubs like Illogan taking chances on youngsters to avoid an entire generation of stay at homes,  who’d rather be playing PlayStation than playing footy. 

Good on Illogan and good for the young lads involved. They’ll do very well in the not so distant future I have no doubt. 

Think you will find illogan are playing a lot of youth throughout the club, watched there 1st a few times and they have some top quality youngsters that play regular, great to see them doing this as other clubs are now paying the price and have lost many players by not

36 minutes ago, bigbadbarry said:

Think you will find illogan are playing a lot of youth throughout the club, watched there 1st a few times and they have some top quality youngsters that play regular, great to see them doing this as other clubs are now paying the price and have lost many players by not

Good on them. Love that 💪🏻 

On 18/10/2020 at 17:42, Dave Deacon said:

Can anyone confirm if Chacewater played Rosudgeon Reserves yesterday in Division Two?

To clarify, for anyone else viewing; Chacewater football team had a player awaiting a covid-19 test result taken on Thursday, result expected by Sunday. I attempted to seek clarification from the league and Cornwall FA (very late) Friday evening and didn't get a reply that considered this specific situation (understandably). I was aware of the postponement of the Praze game a couple of weeks earlier for the same reason. After discussions with Rosudgeon's secretary and his discussion with their team, concerns were raised for playing the fixture. I therefore requested a postponement, which the league agreed to. 

I notice that the league have since released some guidance regarding this specific situation. I thank the league for their swift action in clarifying. However, I have some concerns around the wording of the guidance, which I am hoping to discuss with them.

I'm sure these concerns are unfounded and that boundary cases have simply not been stated, for simplicities sake. I am sure that common sense will prevail in all instances :D !

Following the negative test result being returned we are looking forward to this week's game! 

On 20/10/2020 at 10:22, Cornish Dave said:

Been hearing a couple players at chacewater player for another team on Saturday, even though COVID-19 was a big factor in their game being called off. Surely that’s not allowed? Be interesting to hear what happens with that 

The negative test result was received at ~11am on Saturday, before those players agreed to play for another team and they were not showing any symptoms (that I know of). In retrospect it would have been possible for us to keep our game on. I guess this will be a learning experience for us all in terms of handling these situations.

19 minutes ago, rgkeep said:

The negative test result was received at ~11am on Saturday, before those players agreed to play for another team and they were not showing any symptoms (that I know of). In retrospect it would have been possible for us to keep our game on. I guess this will be a learning experience for us all in terms of handling these situations.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, you handled the situation perfectly in my opinion...well done.