Launceston          1-2       Dartmouth

Mullion            5-2        Bishops Lydeard

Newquay             2-1        Holsworthy

Sidmouth Town   1-2       Wendron United

St Dennis           1-4       Crediton United

Sticker                1-2      Newton Abbot Spurs

Stoke Gabriel & T P   2-3  Ivybridge Town

Teignmouth          3-1        Dobwalls

Torridgeside     A/W    Bridport   (Torridgeside forfeited)

Wadebridge Town   3-3 Okehampton Argyle (aet)

(Okehampton win 4-3 on Penalties)

Newquay leave it late again , Newquay where not at there best today had players like Shepherd ,Turner ,Fallens Briggs and Edlin on the bench and it showed Holsworthy scoring 1st after a mix up in the Newquay defence and Sam Jago scored for Holsworthy but the lead didnt last long and Alex Cole  equalised . 

In the 2nd half Newquay introduced the big guns and it showed Newquay began to control the game with Tom Shepherd causing havoc on the wing and Cam Turner with his long raking passes and Josh Evans was running his heart out and was nearly my MOM but not today neighbour .

Tom Shepherd hit the crossbar with a rocket of a shot and then it looked like it could be Extra time and im thinking please not and my prayers where answered right at the death it wasnt the prettiest of goals by Harry Tilston looked like he was going to miss after he got his feet all tangled up but in the end he put the ball over the line but it was a struggle .

This game was not a get you off your seats match but Newquay go into the draw for the next round but hard luck on Holsworthy they where really good in the 1st half but 2nd half it was Newquays 

Good crowd up there today well reffed by the officials 

My mom has got to go to Tom Shephered and for Holsworthy i thought the captain had a good game 

Good luck to Holsworthy and onto next weeks tough game vs Billston 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to LEAGUE CUP RESULTS - Saturday 14 October 2023
16 minutes ago, beacon said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if they withdraw from league completely before end of this season in their current state 

Certainly looks ominous from the rumour I heard from somebody who lives local to PP this week.

Apparently the postponed game against Dobwalls was nothing to do with the apparent floodlight issues but more of the fact that Bodmin had less than 8 players available/willing to play.

what a shambles to see such a great club basically being ran into the ground. 

PRESS RELEASE FROM GRAHAM HAMBLY

STOKE GABRIEL AND TORBAY POLICE 2, IVYBRIDGE TOWN 3

IVYBRIDGE Town are through to the third round of the Walter C Parson League Cup following their 3-2 away win over Stoke Gabriel and Torbay Police in a classic game of two halves on Saturday (Oct 14).

A confident first half performance saw Ivybridge take a deserved 2-0 interval lead. But injuries to Connor Rush and Fletcher Williams resulted in a number of changes early in the second period and Stoke Gabriel took advantage to draw level.

Ivybridge recovered, however, with leading scorer Luke Forward grabbing an 84th minute winner with his 15th goal of the season.

Midfielder Rio Daly, who was man of the match for the second successive week, had a hand in the two Ivybridge first half goals, both scored by Bailey Mabin in the 24th and 39th minutes.

At that stage, the game was looking comfortable for Ivybridge, and they were well set to extend their current winning run to 11 league and cup games.

The start of the second half saw substitute Connor Rush replace Chris Wright, who was suffering from a chest infection, and five minutes after the restart Ivybridge freshened things with the introduction of substitutes Forward and Brody Pawley.

Within another three minutes, however, Rush and Williams both departed with injuries and Ivybridge began to lose control of the game.

The problems were compounded in the 58th minute when a simple back pass from Jake Lane caught goalkeeper Kane Gregory off guard and the ball tickled into the net.

That goal lifted Stoke Gabriel, who took advantage of more uncertainty in the Ivybridge defence four minutes later, allowing Will Hughes to equalise.

The home side were reduced to 10 men in the 66th minute, however, with Alfie Collings being sent off for a rash foul on Lane.

Then, with extra-time looming, Forward settled the issue when he cut in from the right and sent a fine angled shot into the far corner of the home goal.

Ivybridge joint manager Wayne Gamble admitted: “We were not at our best today and we made a game out of it with a couple of mistakes but that’s cup football and it came out all right in the end.

“I thought we struck the ball around really well in the first half and we scored some great goals. In general, we played some good stuff in the first half.

“Because of the injuries, we ended up making five substitutions in five minutes and then conceded two goals, which put a spanner in the works. But everything panned out well and we are in the next round.”

Commenting on the injuries, Gamble explained: “Connor Rush came off in the Bovey Tracey game (on October 4) with his quad and probably rushed back a bit too quick today and has pulled up with the same injury. Fletcher Williams also has the same sort of quad injury.

Also, on the injury front, Ivybridge went into the game without skipper and centre half Scott Pocock, who is suffering from an ankle injury.

They are without a match on Saturday (Oct 21) as scheduled opponents Okehampton are involved in the FA Vase.

Their next fixture will be a league match away to third placed Crediton on Saturday October 28.

Gamble says: “We are a little bit battered and bruised at the moment, but we now have two weeks off and we will be ready for the match at Crediton. That will be a big game and we are looking forward to it.”

Harry Potter couldn’t go into Bodmin and wave a magic wand to turn that around!!! Is any serious football person having a go at a manager that’s just lost 12 players out the door in less than a month!!? If Bodmin win a game this side of xmas they’ll have done well!! Good luck with it Simon, anyone who knows the local SWL scene will know you got hell of a job on and it’s gonna take months not 3 or 4 games!!! Good on you for what you’ve brought in already and giving a few young reserve lads a game at a team like St.Austell yesterday!! Reckon 4-0 is a bit of a moral victory if you ask me. What you’re trying to implement is exactly what Bodmin need now as a club. Good luck with the long job ahead, stick to it, put your on stamp on it, hopefully you don’t come on here but if you do, ignore half the clueless rubbish on here these days. Good on you for taking the job on, not too many would have I don’t think? 🤔 👍

Everybody having a go at Bodmin heard on the Rappo and Deacs Podcast about the aim for the future of Bodmin football club will there be a future for Bodmin fc they are in a mess the players are leaving all the time Ryan Rickard to Torpoint and Ben Walters to St Blazey . 

I think they made the wrong appointment in Simon Minnett like myself not many people would of heard of him i think he was at St Dennis and look what has happened to them nearly all the players left to go to Foxhole .

Bodmin should get a new manager in how about Neil Warnock i bet he would x to get back into football now hes not working and i bet hes getting on his missus nerves by now and he could do Bodmin a favour with all the money he got when he brought his teams for pre season friendlies .

I myself would still like to see Martin Hodge take over but it seems the chairman is determined to give Simon Minnett a chance i wish him all the best of luck but cant see nothing but a long season struggle at Bodmin .Should go back and ask Dane and Shaun back they where building a good team i saw nearly all there pre season games and they played some lovely football so ask them to come back before its to late people are not going to want to come and watch a team that gets hammered every week . 

COME ON NEIL YOU MUST BE FED UP ON YOUR TRACTOR BY NOW COME AND SAVE BODMIN TOWN 

Just a question.  Is it better that there is a Bodmin Town football club in 10, 15, 20 years time or is it better to have short term success which is what the club has been built on over the last 15 years or so  based on money. 

There’s too many clubs in Cornwall that have lost their purpose which was to provide football for the community. 

The ideas that 100% comes out with are complete pie in the sky.  It’s almost as if people think that a club can just get any man they want. 

23 minutes ago, St Darren said:

Just a question.  Is it better that there is a Bodmin Town football club in 10, 15, 20 years time or is it better to have short term success which is what the club has been built on over the last 15 years or so  based on money. 

There’s too many clubs in Cornwall that have lost their purpose which was to provide football for the community. 

The ideas that 100% comes out with are complete pie in the sky.  It’s almost as if people think that a club can just get any man they want. 

I think there is a happy medium between the two- some clubs high on ambition for short term success, whilst possibly neglecting long term stability

Some clubs so focused on long term stability that they run the risk of never being remotely successful on the pitch (and subsequently relegated). 

Bodmin have had a change of tact. Whilst good in principle, I am unsure it will come to pass. Players (whether you agree or not) are a clubs most effective asset for generating success. A feel good factor after a set of wins in the field across the club,

I am unsure if Simon can deliver that for Bodmin 

Can not understand people having a go at Bodmin, seems a regular occurrence on here to pick on a club, they are doing the correct thing thinking of the future, Launceston are doing it and Callington have done it, luckily for cally they had the local players to step right in, and not being payed , and a good local youth set up to feed the reserves, now the crowds have gone from 40 to around 150 to200 and the reserve team attracting 100, Bodmin will get there, money does talk if you want the best players,but does not give you commitment, players  leaving Bodmin  just goes to show who the money chasers are.... 

A club survives in the first instance because of the work that goes on behind the scenes grass cutting, line marking, clubhouse & pitch maintenance, cleaning, and above all raising funds to pay bills and players and officials fees, a lot of which is rarely contributed to off the pitch by playing staff.
Without the people who do all of the work above how long can a club expect to exist ? not long is the answer because without their input there would be no games to watch and no players getting match fees.

1 hour ago, tamar.man said:

Can not understand people having a go at Bodmin, seems a regular occurrence on here to pick on a club, they are doing the correct thing thinking of the future, Launceston are doing it and Callington have done it, luckily for cally they had the local players to step right in, and not being payed , and a good local youth set up to feed the reserves, now the crowds have gone from 40 to around 150 to200 and the reserve team attracting 100, Bodmin will get there, money does talk if you want the best players,but does not give you commitment, players  leaving Bodmin  just goes to show who the money chasers 

Falmouth Town's and Liskeard's journeys back were both built on a local manager, and with a nucleus of local players. Been a long road, but look where they are now.

1 hour ago, Chunkycheese said:

I think there is a happy medium between the two- some clubs high on ambition for short term success, whilst possibly neglecting long term stability

Some clubs so focused on long term stability that they run the risk of never being remotely successful on the pitch (and subsequently relegated). 

Bodmin have had a change of tact. Whilst good in principle, I am unsure it will come to pass. Players (whether you agree or not) are a clubs most effective asset for generating success. A feel good factor after a set of wins in the field across the club,

I am unsure if Simon can deliver that for Bodmin 

I have no idea of how this strategy will work out at Bodmin, or how long it will take, but it's pretty clear that the previous one wasn't working. Comes to a point where you have to do something different.

2 hours ago, tamar.man said:

Can not understand people having a go at Bodmin, seems a regular occurrence on here to pick on a club, they are doing the correct thing thinking of the future, Launceston are doing it and Callington have done it, luckily for cally they had the local players to step right in, and not being payed , and a good local youth set up to feed the reserves, now the crowds have gone from 40 to around 150 to200 and the reserve team attracting 100, Bodmin will get there, money does talk if you want the best players,but does not give you commitment, players  leaving Bodmin  just goes to show who the money chasers are.... 

Cally have made some real progress. Young side that is competitive and good to watch in the SWPL and other sides  alao being supported. Moving towards a one club approach.

Neil Price talks a good game but Lanson - a rugby town - its football club have zero ambition. They appear happy to make up the numbers.

The managerial appointment wouldn't have thrilled me if I were a Bodmin fan, but the club has been a basket case for a few years now, so it'll take a while to turn around. Give Simon M a chance.

17 hours ago, Wetsuit said:

It’s all about getting the right people in  St Austell we’re average last term  and signed the players needed to compete at the top.   Why can’t we ?   Simon must be given support and time.   All the best

Looking on from outside, St Austell have brought back a lot of the old guard in Brokenshire, Eddy, Slateford and Miller (plus the very experienced and prolific Adam Carter). The plan was obviously to blend them in with the exciting youngsters they have at the club (Noah Teagle, in particular, must have come to the attention of the step 5 clubs in the county)   Several of the older heads featured in the St Blazey title winning side last season, who knows, if St Austell win the title and get promoted this season (Liskeard must be the hot favourites, but could still hit a sticky patch), a few might not fancy the additional travelling and could pop up at Bodmin next time around? 

8 hours ago, Chunkycheese said:

how many go down this year? 

I could be wrong but I think the league needs 18 clubs and it's currently at 17. So maybe the bottom sides will avoid the drop...AGAIN! Not enough sides at Step 7 ready for the promotion, certainly in the St Piran East. The West, maybe St Day, Mousehole or someone else has hopes of promotion to Step 6.

17 hours ago, L.Gibbons said:

Not saying the statement is wrong but if that were to happen, would you bring those players in as a manager? You know that you'll be due another rebuild if the success comes.

Surely recruiting the likes of Carts, Slateford,Brokenshire, Giler etc would now not suit the model the Chairman has told us about on the podcast?

2 hours ago, JonColenzo said:

Surely recruiting the likes of Carts, Slateford,Brokenshire, Giler etc would now not suit the model the Chairman has told us about on the podcast?

Depends on him holding his nerve, also assumes he stays in post.  Bodmin feels like a club in perpetual turmoil, so things can change quite quickly.

I looked at the team that Bodmin put out against St Austell see that Cam Bidgood has gone there  now and Rory Jarvis a couple from Truro youngsters the rest never heard of them must be all youngsters and it will be a very long season until May for Bodmin you need to get some players in like Steve Simmonds some more experianced players any manager would bring in experianced players 1st .Good luck to Simon Minett but think your on to a hiding there you wont win nothing with kids certainly not those kids ..

Bodmin will get relegated if they dont watch out Cant see how Sticker are getting hammered so many times i looked at there team list and i think they got some good players there so dont know what is going on will we taking a trip there Saturday week to see them play the wonderful Wendron side could be a few goals 

2 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

I looked at the team that Bodmin put out against St Austell see that Cam Bidgood has gone there  now and Rory Jarvis a couple from Truro youngsters the rest never heard of them must be all youngsters and it will be a very long season until May for Bodmin you need to get some players in like Steve Simmonds some more experianced players any manager would bring in experianced players 1st .Good luck to Simon Minett but think your on to a hiding there you wont win nothing with kids certainly not those kids ..

Bodmin will get relegated if they dont watch out Cant see how Sticker are getting hammered so many times i looked at there team list and i think they got some good players there so dont know what is going on will we taking a trip there Saturday week to see them play the wonderful Wendron side could be a few goals 

Could you post the Bodmin team? 

would like to know of these strong players sticker have at present? I watched them against St Austell and Wadebridge and thought they looked like a team condemned 

10 minutes ago, Chunkycheese said:

Could you post the Bodmin team? 

would like to know of these strong players sticker have at present? I watched them against St Austell and Wadebridge and thought they looked like a team condemned 

Sticker are probably guilty of their own fate. If they 4x 5x the budget I'd expect them to fare better.

18 minutes ago, justanopinion said:

Sticker are probably guilty of their own fate. If they 4x 5x the budget I'd expect them to fare better.

Agreed, I just do not see how they can survive and progress long term under the current model 

interested to hear of all the strong players as I see them very much as a bottom of league team 

Not one to be dragged  into the running debates on forums but wanted to clear a few Things up .

firstly I’m extremely proud of the opportunity to manage Bodmin and happy with the way the club wants to go on and off the pitch . Personally think it’s important to reconnect with the community in Bodmin and the youth and although baby steps atm , steps are being made . 

onto the current player situation 

players have left through there own accord and there own reasons. You have to respect that and move on . I’m not a rookie to management and like Neil Price at launceston happy to be put in a challenging situation but going forward a rewarding one . 

the cup game last sat we took a look at some Bodmin under 18 players and reserve players many that we  had only just met me infact I knew 3 players in the changing room sat . 

I found it very rewarding regardless the result and was happy with how some of them lads felt pride in wearing their local clubs top and represented Bodmin . Lads that hadn’t been given this opportunity before.

Why not take a look , did we see ourselves winning the cup in the current climate “no”did we learn about players at all levels of the club “yes” . That was a good step for the coaching staff and myself .

I’m not going to list off new players or players that I or people think will be the right fit .

As a coaching staff we do our home work we look to build and add and this will take time . 

As an outsider I feel Cornish football has a small player pool but at the same time is very money orientated. The bigger picture may not be the here and now but more how all clubs could look to build a infrastructure and future throughout all there teams from youth to firsts and have a stable future that they can then build off . This won’t happen overnight. 

I hope people on here become less judgmental and more supportive.

and if any of you guys visit Bodmin in the coming months come say hello always open to a good football chat or a healthy debate 

lastly good luck to st Austell in the next round of the cup

Wish you well Simon and i will be down to have a look at the new look Bodmin team and have a word with you if you are still there . I watched most of Bodmins pre seasons matches with the team Dane and Shaun had assembled and i was very impressed with them they played lovely fooball and i put Bodmin down for a top 6 finish now its more likely to be a bottom 3 finish . 

Good Luck Simon your going to need it you say about clubs with money while Wedron dont pay about masses of amounts of money if any at all and they are a real credit to every team around they are run well just getting on with there business getting win after win and play amazing football and the players seem to enjoy there football and have brilliant management there 

Just go on the South Western Peninsula league side like i did Chunky Cheese its all there and so is the Sticker players some are really good players like Flack ,Varga ,Dover , Margetts , Elwell ,Clapham dont see how they are strugging so badly its a lovely ground ran by lovely people ,be down next week to cast my over these players so get the red carpet out and will see you lovely people for the Wendron match think you may need to board your goal up you will have a hard job to stop Josh Wood he has got to be the fastest player in the league .See you Saturday week if not peeing down 

1 minute ago, 100%cornish said:

Wish you well Simon and i will be down to have a look at the new look Bodmin team and have a word with you if you are still there . I watched most of Bodmins pre seasons matches with the team Dane and Shaun had assembled and i was very impressed with them they played lovely fooball and i put Bodmin down for a top 6 finish now its more likely to be a bottom 3 finish . 

Good Luck Simon your going to need it you say about clubs with money while Wedron dont pay about masses of amounts of money if any at all and they are a real credit to every team around they are run well just getting on with there business getting win after win and play amazing football and the players seem to enjoy there football and have brilliant management there 

Again I’m not going to be drawn into things and I certainly won’t comment on previous managers it’s a tough gig and we all do it for the love of the game so anyone that does manage I dip my hat to . 

Majority of the team you watched pre season have left correct . Their choice all were given options to stay , I’ve worked with other managers players before . Reasons for leaving , that’s for behind closed doors but they all were given a chance .

You’re making an assumption on bottom 3 without even seeing how we progress over the coming weeks which is a shame but again you’re entitled to your opinion . 

Let’s break wendron down . 

When wendron played us 3 weeks ago they had 5/6 players in the side from the 2017 squad , Mike told me . I agree with you too very good young talented manager .

But if we’re going to mention wendron then we have to factor this in about how long it’s took them to get to where they are now . It’s not happened over night  in-fact it’s took years ….

So with that remit to work off all clubs that wanna go down a route like that it will also take time . 

I appreciate you wishing me luck like i say I’m very happy to take on a challenge and hopefully help in what ever way I can to the club progressing in the “right way “

23 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Just go on the South Western Peninsula league side like i did Chunky Cheese its all there and so is the Sticker players some are really good players like Flack ,Varga ,Dover , Margetts , Elwell ,Clapham dont see how they are strugging so badly its a lovely ground ran by lovely people ,be down next week to cast my over these players so get the red carpet out and will see you lovely people for the Wendron match think you may need to board your goal up you will have a hard job to stop Josh Wood he has got to be the fastest player in the league .See you Saturday week if not peeing down 

I’m not convinced. Haven’t heard of any of them bar Flack. 

Fair play for coming on Simon. Wishing you well! 

The model Bodmin had in place, in the absence of success was always going to falter 

I hope you can find that key group of players every club needs for success 

32 minutes ago, Brummie Simon said:

Again I’m not going to be drawn into things and I certainly won’t comment on previous managers it’s a tough gig and we all do it for the love of the game so anyone that does manage I dip my hat to . 

Majority of the team you watched pre season have left correct . Their choice all were given options to stay , I’ve worked with other managers players before . Reasons for leaving , that’s for behind closed doors but they all were given a chance .

You’re making an assumption on bottom 3 without even seeing how we progress over the coming weeks which is a shame but again you’re entitled to your opinion . 

Let’s break wendron down . 

When wendron played us 3 weeks ago they had 5/6 players in the side from the 2017 squad , Mike told me . I agree with you too very good young talented manager .

But if we’re going to mention wendron then we have to factor this in about how long it’s took them to get to where they are now . It’s not happened over night  in-fact it’s took years ….

So with that remit to work off all clubs that wanna go down a route like that it will also take time . 

I appreciate you wishing me luck like i say I’m very happy to take on a challenge and hopefully help in what ever way I can to the club progressing in the “right way “

It's been done before fella, stick at it, give it the time it needs and it will work.

MQ

Most of the Stickers i know was because they played at my old club Godolphin and Josh Margetts was with St Austell i always rated Isaac Varga he was here at Newquay then he was gone .

Out of the Bodmin team i watched in pre season there is 1 from that team left James Hamson the others have all deserted a sinking ship for money '

I do hope Bodmin get out of this slump and the players play there hearts out for the club .

Good Luck to Bodmin for the rest of the season 

SWPL Prem, bottom part of the final league table for 2013/14 (just about 10 years ago).

Interesting to see some of the names here, and to compare them with where they are now. Mousehole and Helston weren't even in this division! Shows what can be achieved if you have a vision and plan, and stick to it (bit of money helps as well).

13  St Blazey                        38   14    4   20   72   72   46
  14  Camelford                        38   14    4   20   59   79   46
  15  Bovey Tracey                     38   13    7   18   62   95   46
  16  Falmouth Town                    38    8    5   25   46   84   29
  17  Elmore                           38    6    8   24   62  110   26
  18  Cullompton Rangers               38    4    6   28   45  117   18
  19  Tavistock                        38    2    5   31   34  107   11
  20  Liskeard Athletic                38    1    5   32   32  140    8

As a Falmouth Town fan, it is interesting to see Town 16th in the SWPL 10 years ago.  Clearly Falmouth were pretty much where Bodmin are now.  They took a punt on recruiting a young, unproven, local boy in Andy Westgarth and then gave him some time to do his stuff.  The model changed from throwing money around to Plymouth/Devon-based players as happened during the Massey years, or recruiting available established (but not top-drawer) Cornish players (John Dent era) to focusing on getting in West-Cornwall based young players and developing them.  The master-stroke being the players who came over from Penryn Athletic. (Dave Broglino, Olly Moody, Ryan Martt, Kyle Cook, Luke Brabyn, Dave Blizzard) All young and keen to play at Falmouth and hence able to be developed.  Being used to playing with each other, the improvement in the team's fortunes didn't take too long to happen.

Since then it has been improvement every year, and despite the re-emergence of the F-Troop and hence an upturn in the club's income, it is generally felt that budget-wise, the club is being run in a sustainable fashion.  If money was being thrown around I believe we may have seen more of the players who seem to appear at different clubs each season where it is assumed the money is being spent.

Good luck to Simon and Bodmin Town and let's hope that everyone has the patience to let him see the job through. Don't expect instant success but hope for year-on-year improvement, as per the Falmouth and Wendron model.  The signings of Cam Bidgood and Rory Jarvis look like a good first step down that path.

1 hour ago, The Town Man said:

As a Falmouth Town fan, it is interesting to see Town 16th in the SWPL 10 years ago.  Clearly Falmouth were pretty much where Bodmin are now.  They took a punt on recruiting a young, unproven, local boy in Andy Westgarth and then gave him some time to do his stuff.  The model changed from throwing money around to Plymouth/Devon-based players as happened during the Massey years, or recruiting available established (but not top-drawer) Cornish players (John Dent era) to focusing on getting in West-Cornwall based young players and developing them.  The master-stroke being the players who came over from Penryn Athletic. (Dave Broglino, Olly Moody, Ryan Martt, Kyle Cook, Luke Brabyn, Dave Blizzard) All young and keen to play at Falmouth and hence able to be developed.  Being used to playing with each other, the improvement in the team's fortunes didn't take too long to happen.

Since then it has been improvement every year, and despite the re-emergence of the F-Troop and hence an upturn in the club's income, it is generally felt that budget-wise, the club is being run in a sustainable fashion.  If money was being thrown around I believe we may have seen more of the players who seem to appear at different clubs each season where it is assumed the money is being spent.

Good luck to Simon and Bodmin Town and let's hope that everyone has the patience to let him see the job through. Don't expect instant success but hope for year-on-year improvement, as per the Falmouth and Wendron model.  The signings of Cam Bidgood and Rory Jarvis look like a good first step down that path.

Remember both Falmouth and Liskeard taking a couple of beatings by a Parkway side en route to the treble. Agree with everything you say there, both clubs (and their grounds) had an air of decline and decay about them. 10 years on, a very different picture. 

Lots said about Andy Westgarth at Town (quite rightly), but Martin McHugh, Richard Woods and Martin Hodge did a similar job at The Blues. They also built the club around a core of very talented local lads such as Jarrad Woods, Max Gilbert and James Lorenz.

16 hours ago, Brummie Simon said:

As an outsider I feel Cornish football has a small player pool but at the same time is very money orientated. The bigger picture may not be the here and now but more how all clubs could look to build a infrastructure and future throughout all there teams from youth to firsts and have a stable future that they can then build off . This won’t happen overnight. 

I hope people on here become less judgmental and more supportive.

Thank you B.S. the most sensible and decriptive valuation of what is a problem of football in general in the country, not just Cornwall.

Patience to be able to deliver a solid team with a solid future is a thing of the past.
In my day Sir Alex Ferguson was given six weeks to improve or he would be looking for a new job, what a mistake that was to make by judgemental people that had only one purpose in life and that was to make money.
Football would only be considered as a secondary issue but who has learned anything from Ferguson's early experience.

Good Luck Brummie Simon we hope you are given the chance to prove your point and that you are not downhearted by the comments of those who think that they know better.