WEST

Launceston                  1-2        Camelford

Liskeard Athletic        2-0       Bude Town

Newquay                     2-5          Callington Town

Penzance                     2-2        Wendron United

St Blazey                     4-0       Mullion

St Dennis                     2-3       AFC St Austell

Liskeard v Bude!

I’ve been looking forward to the visit of Bude to Lux Park ever since the fixture up at Broadclose earlier in the season. Let’s say looking for football ability to trump ‘shithousery’ today 😉

In all seriousness, after the debacle at Blazey last week, it’ll be interesting to see how Bude approach the game. All eyes on them. It needs saying though, they do have some very good players. A tight game in prospect! C’mon Blues - the Liskeard variety that is!

Sadly, due to bad planning on my part, I’ll still be upcountry and taking in the ‘delights’ of Anstey Nomads vs Skegness Town!! Looking forward to seeing Hibees 2016 Cup hero Conrad Logan in goal for the home 🏠 team!

1 hour ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Liskeard v Bude!

I’ve been looking forward to the visit of Bude to Lux Park ever since the fixture up at Broadclose earlier in the season. Let’s say looking for football ability to trump ‘shithousery’ today 😉

In all seriousness, after the debacle at Blazey last week, it’ll be interesting to see how Bude approach the game. All eyes on them. It needs saying though, they do have some very good players. A tight game in prospect! C’mon Blues - the Liskeard variety that is!

Sadly, due to bad planning on my part, I’ll still be upcountry and taking in the ‘delights’ of Anstey Nomads vs Skegness Town!! Looking forward to seeing Hibees 2016 Cup hero Conrad Logan in goal for the home 🏠 team!

Let’s hope both teams are on good behaviour this week 😂

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

It’s a ref who likes to let the game flow as much as possible 👍

I think the ref last week tried to let the game flow, but it didn’t work, the game ended up being too physical which led to the arguments that went too far. Hope to see a full match today at Blaise Park. Did a Rappo checking to see which ref we have today. Shaun Edge I believe. Let’s hope for a good clean game then played in the correct spirit.

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 25 February 2023

Went up and watched Newquay vs Callington and i was wandering was this the fine team i have been watching all season they where so bad the defence where like they had never played together they where so poor and couldnt cope with the front 3 of Callington who tore them apart and went in at half time 3-0 up but could of been a lot more .

In the 2nd Half Newquay came out and scored through Tom Whipp but straight after Noah Maud scored again and went on to get a Hatrick The front 3 of Callington of Maund ,Carey and Kenechukwu tore Newquay apart and they just could stop them and there No8 had a fine game actually the whole team where brilliant .

Jake Shaw scored another goal for Newquay but its bad when 2 defenders score and your strikers didnt look like they would score all afternoon .

Got 1 bad dog here who decided to walk off home and a lady came over and said to me your dog is walking down the back lane on the way home so that amused people with me chasing after him he maybe staying home in the future .

This was a excellent performance from Callington how the hell they let in 7 from Mullion last week i thought they where brilliant but this was the worst performance i have seen from Newquay all season 

My mom for Camelford goes to the little balck bloke OGWU KENECHUKWU and for NEWQUAY JAKE SHAW thought he played well and said thankyou when i went and got the ball for him .

Bad day at the office for Newquay Onto St Austell next week 

Excellent win for Callington 👍

2 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Went up and watched Newquay vs Callington and i was wandering was this the fine team i have been watching all season they where so bad the defence where like they had never played together they where so poor and couldnt cope with the front 3 of Callington who tore them apart and went in at half time 3-0 up but could of been a lot more .

In the 2nd Half Newquay came out and scored through Tom Whipp but straight after Noah Maud scored again and went on to get a Hatrick The front 3 of Callington of Maund ,Carey and Kenechukwu tore Newquay apart and they just could stop them and there No8 had a fine game actually the whole team where brilliant .

Jake Shaw scored another goal for Newquay but its bad when 2 defenders score and your strikers didnt look like they would score all afternoon .

Got 1 bad dog here who decided to walk off home and a lady came over and said to me your dog is walking down the back lane on the way home so that amused people with me chasing after him he maybe staying home in the future .

This was a excellent performance from Callington how the hell they let in 7 from Mullion last week i thought they where brilliant but this was the worst performance i have seen from Newquay all season 

My mom for Camelford goes to the little balck bloke OGWU KENECHUKWU and for NEWQUAY JAKE SHAW thought he played well and said thankyou when i went and got the ball for him .

Good idea leaving the dog home in future, in the warm 

Crickey Steve sounded an out of character performance from the Newquay lads!!? You know it must be bad when even Smokie walks off home! Bet he was bloody freezing! I was colder down Perranwell today than I’ve been all week in Krakow!!! Lucky my older lad Ben warmed me up with a couple of nice goals! That’s football though isn’t mate, some days things just don’t go your way and the harder you try the worse it gets! Even Blazey and Liskeard have had some poor games this season, it’s how you bounce back from it I think!? Wendron drew at Penzance today, no guarantees in this league if you have an off day. 

33 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Callington had five or six regular players missing i understand, and used some of their youngsters today  so well done them!

You and your son Ben wants to give Jack some advice how to score but today he couldnt hit a barn door he held the ball up well but hes a striker and didnt look like scoring no one did even Cam Turners passing was poor and i think he is  a hell of a good player .Young Jasper Turner doesnt seems to fit into this Newquay team they looked better when young Noah came on but they cannot play as bad as that again .

Next week Thinking of going to watch Newquay at St Austell Smokie cant walk home from there hes grounded for the week now 

Hope you had a good time in Krakow bet it was cold there 

Sounds like an off day for everyone Steve, like you say they probably won’t play like that again this season if the recent games I’ve witnessed are anything to go by. Got to give credit to Callington as well though, sounds like they were excellent on the day 👏🏼

Hopefully see you at Poltair next Saturday mate. I’ll get Smokie a little bag of treats on the way over if you don’t mind? Don’t like to think of the wee fella being grounded all week!!

Krakow absolutely superb thanks Steve, recommend it to anyone! Beautiful place, and so cheap for food and drink! Could have gone Wisla Krakow game last night if I wasn’t flying home for 30 Zloty a ticket which is about £5.50!!! You can’t watch Newquay for that!! Auschwitz the saddest thing I’ve ever seen mate, puts one bad football result into perspective really!! 😞😢

Personally, I think the stuffing has been knocked out of Newquay with only 1 team now going up. They were gathering momentum. Although it would appear that Penzance have turned a corner, Wendron’s result could be regarded as disappointing. I was really looking forward to see teams battling it out until the end of the season to get into the top 4, however, I think it could be a rather flat end of season, especially if St Blazey start running away with it. Massive shame really.

21 minutes ago, The Turk said:

very comfortable win today for the blues today against a depleted bude team who battled all day. feel sorry for there £450 a game player who is streets  ahead of them and should be playing much higher. another 3 points tho another game ticked off

Is there a website where you can see what ££££ the players get. Just wondering how you know.

I think your right now Newquay and other teams like Wendron have nothing to play for but Newquay where lucky to win the Camelford game im not going to say what i think has gone wrong at Newquay they signed the young lad Jasper Turner and i think he doesnt fit into this Newquay team while Noah Teagle just fits perfectly ,but what am i o say Craig and his team knows what they are doing this is just a hiccup and they can get revenge next week vs St Austell like on the Podcast today Steve Cudmore wa on and he said there could be 6 or 7 Wadebridge players leaving this summer now they cant go up 

It breaks my heart all these teams that forked out lots of money to get promotion will not be going up serve the buggers right i wonder how many will stick around now like the player Rogers at Bude the load of strikers at Bridger only teami feel sorry for is Wendron they do everything the right way lovely.

Hi Mark Smokie would x some treats if hes still around lol .I have always wanted to go to Aushwitz but have actually been to scared to its got to be the scariest place on earth i wouldnt like to be stuck in there at night if eer there was a place that is haunted its that place with all the people that was murdered there my sons wife Romi lost 14 members of her family there .I have lots of books about the place i am a bit of a Geek on the subject .Hope you dont have any knightmares of that place i would for sure .

See you at St Austell on Saturday if its not peeing down at least Smokie wouldnt be able to walk home from there could of killed the bugger dont know what hes going to do when im up London for a few days in April to see my son and watch Plymouth at Wembley Callingtons Noah Maund with a hatrick and the ref below who was excelllent today

DSCN7449.JPG

DSCN7389.JPG

MY MOM this afternoon OGWU KENECHUKWOW OF CALLINGTON HAD NEWQUAY CHASING SHADOWS ALL AFTERNOON SOME PLAYER AND A GOOD OLD CORNISH NAME HIS FRIENDS CALL HIM DENZIL 

DSCN7400.JPG

56 minutes ago, Yourhavingalaugh said:

Personally, I think the stuffing has been knocked out of Newquay with only 1 team now going up. They were gathering momentum. Although it would appear that Penzance have turned a corner, Wendron’s result could be regarded as disappointing. I was really looking forward to see teams battling it out until the end of the season to get into the top 4, however, I think it could be a rather flat end of season, especially if St Blazey start running away with it. Massive shame really.

Completely agree. Watchin today the team didn have the winning attitude theyve had since September. Fink callington won all the battles. Cant use it as an excuse but I fought I was watchin a defeated Team from the start. From a non Nqy view….. well done cally good performance good football and some exiting players. Keep goin nqy youv all been great this year! 

1 hour ago, The Turk said:

very comfortable win today for the blues today against a depleted bude team who battled all day. feel sorry for there £450 a game player who is streets  ahead of them and should be playing much higher. another 3 points tho another game ticked off

Time consuming this jealousy malarkey 

St Blazey 4v0 Mullion. Att.102

All the goals from todays win over Mullion. A case of got the job done. St Blazey could have scored several times in the first half bit for the woodwork and some good goalkeeping. The second half St Blazey struggled to break Mullion down. Up stepped man of the match Martin Giles with a trade mark header and then three goals soon followed. The penalty looked very soft. Three more points on the board and now we look forward to some Friday night football with the trip to Callington. 

1 hour ago, Paul said:

St Blazey 4v0 Mullion. Att.102

All the goals from todays win over Mullion. A case of got the job done. St Blazey could have scored several times in the first half bit for the woodwork and some good goalkeeping. The second half St Blazey struggled to break Mullion down. Up stepped man of the match Martin Giles with a trade mark header and then three goals soon followed. The penalty looked very soft. Three more points on the board and now we look forward to some Friday night football with the trip to Callington. 

Whats going to change /f all we will be there next year , just get on with it.

15 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Plenty of room as Argyle and St.Austell Rugby are both at home.

What a strange world we live in. Teams have speculated to try and win promotion. They have spent money which has improved the standard of the league. Then they have had the rug pulled from under them. 
And still some posters on here whinge and criticise them. One is even revelling in it, telling us it serves them right. 

Yeah, let’s go with the alternative then shall we. No one invests money. The standard of player doesn’t improve and fans through the door stagnates. 

The sad thing is, some of these players will be lost to the league now and the overall standard of the games drops. Now who the hell can sit back and think that’s going to help our league. 

968F2F97-18CB-47CD-84A7-3BF86E54810F.gif

Liskeard Athletic 2, Bude Town 0

Another two goals from striker Dan Jennings keeps Liskeard in the title race on a day when leaders Wendron came from behind to salvage a point at Penzance, while St Blazey eventually found the net to pick up maximum points in a 4-0 home win over Mullion.

Injuries and non-availability meant Bude arrived at Lux Park with a 12-man squad, of which included co-manager Ben Potter as their only sub, but despite this they were unlucky to go in a goal down at the break.

Liskeard survived a 15th minute scare when a Harry Hopcroft effort crashed against the home side’s cross-bar with keeper Sam Borthwick a spectator.  The deadlock was eventually broken on the half hour with Liskeard going ahead thanks to a Dan Jennings penalty after a push in the box.

The visitors continued to cause the Liskeard defence problems and a flowing Bude move involving once again Harry Hopcroft this time brought out a good save from Borthwick before the half closed with Jim Weeks at the other end having to react quickly to firstly prevent an effort from James Rowe increasing the Blues lead and then pushing away a Ruben Kane header from a corner.

It was a more energetic Liskeard early in the second half with Macauley Thorp forcing Weeks into another good save while Jennings was inches away from turning in a Harry Jeffery cross from the right. Bude responded with a terrific well-hit shot from Luke Potter but the game was wrapped up just before the hour.

The hard-working Liskeard midfielder Max Gilbert picked out Jennings with a precision pass and the striker made no mistake lifting the ball over the advancing keeper to double the home side’s lead and ensure all three points taking them above their opponents into fourth place in the West Division.       

1 hour ago, The Jam Tart said:

What a strange world we live in. Teams have speculated to try and win promotion. They have spent money which has improved the standard of the league. Then they have had the rug pulled from under them. 
And still some posters on here whinge and criticise them. One is even revelling in it, telling us it serves them right. 

Yeah, let’s go with the alternative then shall we. No one invests money. The standard of player doesn’t improve and fans through the door stagnates. 

The sad thing is, some of these players will be lost to the league now and the overall standard of the games drops. Now who the hell can sit back and think that’s going to help our league. 

Honestly paying the odd player 400 quid a game is doing nothing for  the league at all .  
that level of finance is only possible if an individual dips into his personal pocket. Crowds of 20-30 don’t even cover the travel expenses.  
if that individual leaves so does his money and so do the players leaving the club in a mess.  No good comes from it at all 

Said on the Deacs Rappo Podcat  6 or 7 Wadebridge players will be leaving to play at a higher level this summer and Wadebridge and Bude thought they could buy promotion and that Bude player Gabby Rogers on £450 a match rumour has it .

St Blazey  will be worthy champions with Wendron and Liskeard runners up 

6 minutes ago, SteveM said:

At the time I thought I could understand why it was given, but watching it back... never a penalty.

But that’s just it isn’t it - “at the time”! One of the reasons VAR was brought in I guess, but I’d much rather have the occasional possible mistake, misunderstanding/mess!  

18 hours ago, The Turk said:

Really £450 for 1 player 🤔

5 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

968F2F97-18CB-47CD-84A7-3BF86E54810F.gif

Liskeard Athletic 2, Bude Town 0

Another two goals from striker Dan Jennings keeps Liskeard in the title race on a day when leaders Wendron came from behind to salvage a point at Penzance, while St Blazey eventually found the net to pick up maximum points in a 4-0 home win over Mullion.

Injuries and non-availability meant Bude arrived at Lux Park with a 12-man squad, of which included co-manager Ben Potter as their only sub, but despite this they were unlucky to go in a goal down at the break.

Liskeard survived a 15th minute scare when a Harry Hopcroft effort crashed against the home side’s cross-bar with keeper Sam Borthwick a spectator.  The deadlock was eventually broken on the half hour with Liskeard going ahead thanks to a Dan Jennings penalty after a push in the box.

The visitors continued to cause the Liskeard defence problems and a flowing Bude move involving once again Harry Hopcroft this time brought out a good save from Borthwick before the half closed with Jim Weeks at the other end having to react quickly to firstly prevent an effort from James Rowe increasing the Blues lead and then pushing away a Ruben Kane header from a corner.

It was a more energetic Liskeard early in the second half with Macauley Thorp forcing Weeks into another good save while Jennings was inches away from turning in a Harry Jeffery cross from the right. Bude responded with a terrific well-hit shot from Luke Potter but the game was wrapped up just before the hour.

The hard-working Liskeard midfielder Max Gilbert picked out Jennings with a precision pass and the striker made no mistake lifting the ball over the advancing keeper to double the home side’s lead and ensure all three points taking them above their opponents into fourth place in the West Division.       

A great summary/ report, thanks Dave 👏🏻,most of us enjoying using the forum to read match reports

7 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Honestly paying the odd player 400 quid a game is doing nothing for  the league at all .  
that level of finance is only possible if an individual dips into his personal pocket. Crowds of 20-30 don’t even cover the travel expenses.  
if that individual leaves so does his money and so do the players leaving the club in a mess.  No good comes from it at all 

I do understand why you would feel like that. However I am more than happy for someone to put money in. Who am I to tell someone how to spend their cash. As long as they aren’t taking loans out in the name of the club to fund it, then I can’t really see the issue. Yes, they might pull the plug one day and the pot will be dry, but currently players can come and go as they please anyway, so not sure how this is different. 

On 25/02/2023 at 20:30, 100%cornish said:

I think your right now Newquay and other teams like Wendron have nothing to play for but Newquay where lucky to win the Camelford game im not going to say what i think has gone wrong at Newquay they signed the young lad Jasper Turner and i think he doesnt fit into this Newquay team while Noah Teagle just fits perfectly ,but what am i o say Craig and his team knows what they are doing this is just a hiccup and they can get revenge next week vs St Austell like on the Podcast today Steve Cudmore wa on and he said there could be 6 or 7 Wadebridge players leaving this summer now they cant go up 

It breaks my heart all these teams that forked out lots of money to get promotion will not be going up serve the buggers right i wonder how many will stick around now like the player Rogers at Bude the load of strikers at Bridger only teami feel sorry for is Wendron they do everything the right way lovely.

Hi Mark Smokie would x some treats if hes still around lol .I have always wanted to go to Aushwitz but have actually been to scared to its got to be the scariest place on earth i wouldnt like to be stuck in there at night if eer there was a place that is haunted its that place with all the people that was murdered there my sons wife Romi lost 14 members of her family there .I have lots of books about the place i am a bit of a Geek on the subject .Hope you dont have any knightmares of that place i would for sure .

See you at St Austell on Saturday if its not peeing down at least Smokie wouldnt be able to walk home from there could of killed the bugger dont know what hes going to do when im up London for a few days in April to see my son and watch Plymouth at Wembley Callingtons Noah Maund with a hatrick and the ref below who was excelllent today

DSCN7449.JPG

DSCN7389.JPG

MY MOM this afternoon OGWU KENECHUKWOW OF CALLINGTON HAD NEWQUAY CHASING SHADOWS ALL AFTERNOON SOME PLAYER AND A GOOD OLD CORNISH NAME HIS FRIENDS CALL HIM DENZIL 

DSCN7400.JPG

We actually call him Kenny

12 hours ago, Buckland Jim said:

Tom Strike (Wadebridge) was on the bench for Buckland yesterday, maybe looking to sign up for next 

Yes, heard that as well. 

An after affect from the collapsed Peninsula/Western League merger will probably be the break up of the large squads that promotion chasing clubs put together.  Would think that it will be a summer of step 5 Devon & Cornwall clubs picking players off from these.