Cornwall Football Forum

River Allen to Blazey

On 16/06/2022 at 12:32, 100%cornish said:

Very quiet at both clubs but the G have signed Morgan Vallejo from St Blazey ,very good player when at Penryn ,heard Newquay are going more for youth this year instead of  paying out money for average players 

Newquays big money ran out with a poor second half of season last year and players moving on. 

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

Blazey with a another couple of signings. Must be going with a squad of 18 plus. 
prob biggest spenders in that league on players  next season. with everything geared towards promotion. Lot of pressure of fice. 

How many is that signed from Callington now?

Why pillage a mid-table side though?

1 hour ago, cornish leg end said:

Not exactly big signings if they are coming from Callington are they! 

Thought callington had Great end to the season  and we’re on a good unbeaten run obviously had some good players and Ryan fice knows them all. 
time will tell I guess but.  Where the challenge to blazey winning the league  coming from ? Liskeard will be strong again. Not sure on Bodmin 

So Blazey making a few signings goalie Brodie Cole back again ,Sam Carter from Liskeard and ex Saltash Player Lewis Russel Blazey got to be favourites this year .Could be a interesting 2 weeks today i will be standing up at Wadebridge watching them take on a fine Mousehole side lots of pre season games to watch .

Im hoping Helston come to play down here sometime they said last year they would be back to play St Newlyn East after it was cancelled last year hope they keep there promise be a good earner for Newlyn East that .

Im fascinated who the familiar face at Newquay who is bringing a team to play Newquay on August 2nd like it says on there website hope its a decent side .Got to say well done to Wadebridge for getting so many quality sides to play them ,waiting for my team the G to announce some decent matches but be some tiny little team i expect how about a Man Utd legends team i was going to Saltash to watch that but it was cancelled when Dane left he was treated badly despite all he had done for that club 

20 hours ago, cornish leg end said:

Not exactly big signings if they are coming from Callington are they! 

To be fair callington were dire under Matt Hayden at the beginning of the season,once he left, and the new management took over, things changed and they became a very good team ,if it was not for those first wasted 3months they would of been top 4 finish, good luck Bodmin lol, and callington will be up around there if  they do not loose to many players in my opinion..

1 hour ago, tamar.man said:

To be fair callington were dire under Matt Hayden at the beginning of the season,once he left, and the new management took over, things changed and they became a very good team ,if it was not for those first wasted 3months they would of been top 4 finish, good luck Bodmin lol, and callington will be up around there if  they do not loose to many players in my opinion..

The Cally results picked up when Ryan Fice joined the management team. No wonder he wants to take players he has previously worked with to Blazey.

Bit overloaded with strikers at Blazey another 1 to add to the list now Luke Cloke to go with Liam Eddy and the 2 Callums Kenny and Mc Gee how they going to keep that lot happy Luke Cloke was banging in the goals for Callington and was the no1 striker there now he wont be guarantee a start with so many strikers it would be Eddy and Cloke for me up front they will take some stopping .I think they will do a Falmouth and could go the whole season unbeaten 

34 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Bit overloaded with strikers at Blazey another 1 to add to the list now Luke Cloke to go with Liam Eddy and the 2 Callums Kenny and Mc Gee how they going to keep that lot happy Luke Cloke was banging in the goals for Callington and was the no1 striker there now he wont be guarantee a start with so many strikers it would be Eddy and Cloke for me up front they will take some stopping .I think they will do a Falmouth and could go the whole season unbeaten 

Would have classed Callum McGee more as a midfielder than striker, which leaves 3 fighting over 2 spots, Blazey so far announced retained 11 from last year and brought in 7 to replace the 6 presumably let go. Certainly stronger on paper  than last year. Squad of 18 to start with seems about right especially with 6 friendlies in July and 7 games in August. Looking forward to the start of the new season.

St Blazey will need a number of friendlies to establish a settle side before the season started, so 6 friendlies in July is a wise move. Teams like Bodmin, St Blazey, Callington suffered at the beginning of the season having an unsettled side, whereas Camelford, Liskeard and Falmouth had a flying start. I’m anticipating a good start by Wendron, if they have more or less the same team (team being the key word) available as last year, as they had a good FA Vase run, beat Saltash, went toe to toe with Falmouth in the CSC Final. Plus the team seem to be of a good age. These teams who sign a number of established players need to hit the ground running, or established squads like Liskeard, Camelford and Wendron might steal a march on them and these teams might not have time to recover. 

The big issue with blazey will be keeping players happy . Some big personalities floating around in that dressing room who won’t want to sit on the bench. . River Allen will play every week if he lasts.  so so will the lads signed from callington as they be promised starting spots. 
just hope blazey don’t turn into a Bodmin a lot of good players but no real team . 

12 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

The big issue with blazey will be keeping players happy . Some big personalities floating around in that dressing room who won’t want to sit on the bench. . River Allen will play every week if he lasts.  so so will the lads signed from callington as they be promised starting spots. 
just hope blazey don’t turn into a Bodmin a lot of good players but no real team . 

Think that Ryan Fice has the credentials needed to keep them track. When he arrived at Cally, they were a lot of talented individuals with a terrible disciplinary record, he seemed to sort that out in conjunction with Shaun Vincent and they had a strong second half of the season.

As pointed out though, they need to make a strong start in the league. Can't see the top sides dropping too many points to the minnows, and it will probably come down to a sort of mini tournament between the leading group of clubs.

On 19/06/2022 at 16:35, 100%cornish said:

Steve I’m sure you’ve said that before! Very unlikely that they will go unbeaten. In fact I don’t think they’ll finish in the top 3 once the disciplinary problems start to hit.

my tip for a shock is Wendron or Camelford

3 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

For a start he doesnt drink and i know Falmouth lost to St BLAZEY i am talking about league games i think they will go the whole season unbeaten ,well there isnt a lot of Competition now .Blazey 1st Liskeard 2 , Bodmin 3rd dark horses could be Wadebridge 

cannot see st blazey going unbeaten all season at all, wendron the dark horses, liskeard look like there keeping the squad together with lyle johnson & tom cleveland returning with a possibility of dan jennings rumoured as well, be tough to beat once again.

For a start he doesnt drink and i know Falmouth lost to St BLAZEY i am talking about league games i think they will go the whole season unbeaten ,well there isnt a lot of Competition now .Blazey 1st Liskeard 2 , Bodmin 3rd dark horses could be Wadebridge 

I think Falmouth lost a league game last season Steve so they didn't go unbeaten the whole season..

I did say they lost to St Blazey i think the only weakness in the Blazey team is the goalie Brodie Cole ,if Jason Chapman was still there i think they would be even stronger ,i bet Jason changes his mind and will be playing somewhere hes to young to retire and hes to good as well seems all cloak and dagger stuff at Newquay and the G maybe they are going to announce some big signings like Fred from the Chippy . I hope both teams do well and the G win more games this season . Wont be long until i get to see my adopted team Wadebridge cant wait to get down there again .They will be fed up with seeing me and Smokie dog there but they have got some cracking games .

13 hours ago, Buggzy said:

liskeard look like there keeping the squad together with lyle johnson & tom cleveland returning with a possibility of dan jennings rumoured as well, be tough to beat once again.

Naturally there's always a lot of pre season speculation about various wild cards achieving mercurial heights.

Liskeard have proved themselves as the capable form team and look the strongest candidates to improve even further. 

Lots of unanswered questions surround the other contenders.

Should be interesting to witness how it all unravels. Looks like being a great season of SWPL football 👍

12 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

I did say they lost to St Blazey i think the only weakness in the Blazey team is the goalie Brodie Cole ,if Jason Chapman was still there i think they would be even stronger ,i bet Jason changes his mind and will be playing somewhere hes to young to retire and hes to good as well seems all cloak and dagger stuff at Newquay and the G maybe they are going to announce some big signings like Fred from the Chippy . I hope both teams do well and the G win more games this season . Wont be long until i get to see my adopted team Wadebridge cant wait to get down there again .They will be fed up with seeing me and Smokie dog there but they have got some cracking games .

If they could get Fred from the chippy signed, then I'm sure some sides would be in for a battering. (Sorry).

Last season was quite competitive. I know Falmouth won the league quite easily in the end but there were plenty of teams around them who gave them a game. 
I fear next season there going to be a massive gap between the top 3 etc and the rest.  
looking  at the sums shelled out on players from teams desperate to get out the league the gap will be far bigger. 
Some of these clubs will be carrying 18 plus players when others will be struggling to name a bench 

just hope it a competitive league and your not seeing 8-9 nil wins regularly every week as that won’t do the league any favours 

On 20/06/2022 at 20:55, 100%cornish said:

Still haven't seen Newquay announce anyone, do they have anyone new? G announced a few last week

I watched the Plymouth Parkway documentary this afternoon and River Allen it looked like something went wrong there with him and Parkway and they let him go he looked there best player in nearly all there matches and he will be the best player in the league but hes too good for the SW Premier league he should be in a higher league .His Parkway team mates said he liked to moan dont think the Blazey lads would stand for that but he should get on with Liam Eddy i have hear him moan a lot on the pitch .Should be a interesting season but a very weak one 

I watched the Plymouth Parkway documentary this afternoon and River Allen it looked like something went wrong there with him and Parkway and they let him go he looked there best player in nearly all there matches and he will be the best player in the league but hes too good for the SW Premier league he should be in a higher league .His Parkway team mates said he liked to moan dont think the Blazey lads would stand for that but he should get on with Liam Eddy i have hear him moan a lot on the pitch .Should be a interesting season but a very weak one 

That’s why he won’t be at blazey for very long. 

4 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

River is far to streetwise for the St. Blazey dressing room, he wouldn't take any crap from Swpl player standard 🤣

He's got himself a nice little earner at Blazey this season, can't knock either party, Blazey for coughing the going rate or River for excepting a huge offer to turn out in a weak  league, he has said he could play in with a hangover each weekend  🤣

Blazey to lose for sure, before a ball is kicked. 

Just now, leedsunited said:

River is far to streetwise for the St. Blazey dressing room, he wouldn't take any crap from Swpl player standard 🤣

He's got himself a nice little earner at Blazey this season, can't knock either party, Blazey for coughing the going rate or River for excepting a huge offer to turn out in a weak  league, he has said he could play in with a hangover each weekend  🤣

Blazeys to lose for sure, before a ball is kicked. 

On 27/06/2022 at 11:03, supportcornishfootball said:

Would of thought a striker was needed after the loss of JBE, did hear apparently they have a good one coming in but no details yet, probably just rumour

I was told newquay have no money this year for players… oh well might do sum good by having players who have good attitud eopposite to G who I been told can spend money well.

21 hours ago, leedsunited said:

'The River' didn't play yesterday, sponsors not going to pay for friendly appearances.

Poor result for Blazey, Ficey not happy with the performance. To much dead wood, big clear out needed. 

That's what pre season friendlies are about though, having a good look at the players you have and making decisions on them. Especially for a new manager.

21 hours ago, leedsunited said:

'The River' didn't play yesterday, sponsors not going to pay for friendly appearances.

Poor result for Blazey, Ficey not happy with the performance. To much dead wood, big clear out needed. 

As far as I’m aware having been at the game unlike you I believe River was not even in the country . 
Blazey had 14/15players & Newton abbot Spurs had around about 20 .

Played in three 30 min sessions Blazey dominated the first 28 mins before the goalie was chipped from inside the attacking half which seemed to upset the Balance once the goal was scored Newton abbot  then scored almost straight away again. 
To be fair the extra players were much needed in the following 60 mins from Newton abbots point of view & they then dominated both periods to a certain extent .

Typical pre season start very hot not nice on Astro at anytime to be fair . 

Let’s all look forward to a positive post from Leeds this season everyone cmon Leeds crawl out of your hole , ps bye bye Raphina bye bye Kalvin , 🤣🤣🤣🤣bye bye Leeds come what May £100 to charity says so. 

Seen River Allen played and scored a penalty  in the recent friendly Saturday 

a 2-1  win over a Sunday league side windmill. Would have expected blazey to have won that very comfortably and scored a few goals  to be honest. 
anyone there to watch ? Did have blazey as my pick to win the league this year. 

3 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

a 2-1  win over a Sunday league side windmill. Would have expected blazey to have won that very comfortably and scored a few goals  to be honest. 

What makes you think it was Windmill's Sunday League side? More than likely it was their Devon League team

6 hours ago, Sv85 said:

Windmill dont have a sunday league side, they are Devon league, league below SWPL and have some very useful players 

11 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Just for your information Windmill FC are not a Sunday league. They have worked their way up through the system from the PD League, 2 years in the South Devon League.  They have been very successful over the last few years winning numerous trophies along the way.  

Next season they will be playing in the Devon League. 

Perhaps, in your opinion, and you were not at the game Blazey should have scored more goals. But I think that says a lot for the opposition by keeping the score down  

Good luck to both teams this coming season 

Windmill 1v2 St Blazey.

Played at Callingtons 3G? 4G? Who knows. Played in very hot condition on a very tight pitch. We've played Windmill a few times during pre season and they've always been very competitive. Both pre season friendlies Played on astro so far and both games featuring a goal from the half way line. Their training pitches and that's that. 

Saturday we face Millbridge at Blaise Park before we face Falmouth Town on the following Wednesday.