Cornwall Football Forum

River Allen to Blazey

River Allen a talented player, but too often goes for the 'Hollwood  pass or shot rather doing the right thing and keeping a move flowing. Sometimes seems quite disinterested,  but can be a match winner on his day. In truth, his going didn't weaken PPFC.

Several reports of being poor in the dressing room, but surely good man management deals with that? Notable that bigger ambitious clubs (Step 5 or higher) were seemingly  not interested  in him 

Will look like Glen Hoddle at step 6! 

3 hours ago, Tavi Fan said:

Is he really going to see the season out at Blazey? Surely someone at step 5 will throw money his way at some point

A lot of players last season seemed to be dual registered playing in the SWPL and the WL, if River was to also sign for  a WL club would Blazey have priority over him when the fixtures clash or does the player decide who to play for ? Or does the higher league side take preference? Or does it matter which club he signed for 1st?

Are there any rules which cover these situations.

Edited by iand

1 hour ago, iand said:

A lot of players last season seemed to be dual registered playing in the SWPL and the WL, if River was to also sign for  a WL club would Blazey have priority over him when the fixtures clash or does the player decide who to play for ? Or does the higher league side take preference? Or does it matter which club he signed for 1st?

Are there any rules which cover these situations.

Down to the player I guess, no rules to govern it.

The ending of dual registration between Peninsula and Western League clubs is in itself a good reason for the upcoming merger.

He was going to get £350  a game at Barnstaple 😂 who funding that at blazey. ?  
 gone from captain of his hometown club who just got promoted to southern league to join a team that effectly Sunday football standard  for him no disrespect to peninsular league 

Very odd Move that 

On 08/06/2022 at 14:53, sportsman10 said:

He was going to get £350  a game at Barnstaple 😂 who funding that at blazey. ?  
 gone from captain of his hometown club who just got promoted to southern league to join a team that effectly Sunday football standard  for him no disrespect to peninsular league 

Very odd Move that 

Private sponsorship, will receive a standard wage from the club, the rest made up from private sponsorship. 

£250 a game 

7 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Does anyone know if that true he getting £250 quid a game ? I mean that is a absolutely ridiculous figure for that standard.I know Barnstaple offered  him £350.00
how would the rest of his team feel picking up £40-£50 quid here and there 

Regardless off what River is on he is a winner and a leader and will inspire all at St Blazey. 

8 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Does anyone know if that true he getting £250 quid a game ? I mean that is a absolutely ridiculous figure for that standard.I know Barnstaple offered  him £350.00
how would the rest of his team feel picking up £40-£50 quid here and there 

Perhaps Paul from St Blazey could come on here to clarify ? Or his he too embarrassed ? I certainly hope not because if it is true then that is total insanity.

8 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

1 hour ago, Footy Detective said:

Perhaps Paul from St Blazey could come on here to clarify ? Or his he too embarrassed ? I certainly hope not because if it is true then that is total insanity.

If it’s “private sponsorship” Paul probably won’t know the exact details and definitely won’t be embarrassed!

On 12/06/2022 at 18:22, Footy Detective said:

It's not even close so don't worry. What someone earns is their business though. 

As mentioned about the tax, two people who look after players wages have everything worked out and written down to the penny. A book for every season. It will be intresting to look back on in years to come. It's not worth the bother of facing a fine so its done by the book....literally! 

On a side note, this Saturday we have our annual clean up day. A chance for supporters, players, committee etc to come together and lend a hand, whether it be painting, power washing, strimming, you name it. Any help from an hour to all day, it all helps and its much appreciated. Kick off from 8am. 😀

20 minutes ago, cornish leg end said:

St blazey must have some budget again this season. 
can’t see river at the club behind Christmas at the latest. I heard few players wanting to leave blazey after Phil stepped away. 

Chappers retired. But alot of the players committed to next season already. Shaping up for an intresting season. 

1 hour ago, Paul said:

It's not even close so don't worry. What someone earns is their business though. 

As mentioned about the tax, two people who look after players wages have everything worked out and written down to the penny. A book for every season. It will be intresting to look back on in years to come. It's not worth the bother of facing a fine so its done by the book....literally! 

On a side note, this Saturday we have our annual clean up day. A chance for supporters, players, committee etc to come together and lend a hand, whether it be painting, power washing, strimming, you name it. Any help from an hour to all day, it all helps and its much appreciated. Kick off from 8am. 😀

250 a game I hope river Allen down there Saturday painting the changing rooms  at least 😂

On 12/06/2022 at 08:42, leedsunited said:

Don't worry Marksy , your boy won't be left out. Talking to Ficey last week he will still get his £15, don't panic. 

£15 that’s just his fuel allowance , What I want to know is is anyone on here that’s slated River for all his huge payouts he’s going to get every week ( by the way Leeds my lads volunteered to help carry his packet to his car for him for another tenner ) have any of you actually played at the levels he’s played at 🤔NO 

What it must be to be so jealous all because back in the day the knockers had to pay £1 subs ( you Leeds would of been paying a shilling 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Dave deacon I recall you were listening to 606 phone in I believe that’s right saying what a lot of moaners were ringing in .

I believe you also said surely we Cornish would not be like that ( words to that affect I believe apologies if wrong) surely you need only read this to know what you would get.

Maybe you should remove the snakes & keyboard wizards from this forum .

Look forward to my replies love to all 🥰

Jason Chapman retired i will believe that when i see that if its true wander who Blazey will get in to replace him theres not a lot of keepers of his calibre out there be interesting to see who is in goal when they play Falmouth in pre season .Still think Blazey will win the league River Allen is a class act remember him destroying the G in a final when he played for Bodmin saw him playing for Truro and he was out of his depth there ,but a great  player Blazey have there just need a decent Goalie now i reckon it will be the Bodmin goalie Robarthen who will be 2nd choice to Jordan Duffey now and hes too good for that 

Counting down the days for pre season footy i will be spending most of my time at Wadebridge 4 times in 3 weeks cant wait all great friendlies i see  Helston are after someone to play them in friendlies im hoping 1 of my local teams will step i n to take up there offer would like to see them play

1 hour ago, MARKSY said:

£15 that’s just his fuel allowance , What I want to know is is anyone on here that’s slated River for all his huge payouts he’s going to get every week ( by the way Leeds my lads volunteered to help carry his packet to his car for him for another tenner ) have any of you actually played at the levels he’s played at 🤔NO 

What it must be to be so jealous all because back in the day the knockers had to pay £1 subs ( you Leeds would of been paying a shilling 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Dave deacon I recall you were listening to 606 phone in I believe that’s right saying what a lot of moaners were ringing in .

I believe you also said surely we Cornish would not be like that ( words to that affect I believe apologies if wrong) surely you need only read this to know what you would get.

Maybe you should remove the snakes & keyboard wizards from this forum .

Look forward to my replies love to all 🥰

Who cares what level he played at. Couldn’t care less if he played in the premiership. But the fact he going picking up 3 times more then his team mates for local football is not right especially when the fans who going to watch him are probably struggling themselfs but expected to fork out fuel to get to the ground . Entrance fee and have a drink in the bar to help fund it. 
here an idea reduce the turnstile price by half and the players match fee by half see who hangs around. 

17 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Who cares what level he played at. Couldn’t care less if he played in the premiership. But the fact he going picking up 3 times more then his team mates for local football is not right especially when the fans who going to watch him are probably struggling themselfs but expected to fork out fuel to get to the ground . Entrance fee and have a drink in the bar to help fund it. 
here an idea reduce the turnstile price by half and the players match fee by half see who hangs around. 

Don’t believe all the gossip 🤗

Evening all …what I find amazing about this thread is not that River Allen may be receiving £250 a game plus two holidays in the Maldives per annum but that we would pay Marksys lad £15 per game…wot nonsense….I know for a fact that he gets a coke and a kitkat per game (only home obvs) ….so the message is don’t believe all you read on forums… ITK 

3 hours ago, MARKSY said:

I asked would it be the same Dave.

A bit of a rhetorical question really! 

12 hours ago, Greenandblack said:

Evening all …what I find amazing about this thread is not that River Allen may be receiving £250 a game plus two holidays in the Maldives per annum but that we would pay Marksys lad £15 per game…wot nonsense….I know for a fact that he gets a coke and a kitkat per game (only home obvs) ….so the message is don’t believe all you read on forums… ITK 

Coke and a Kit Kat? Let's not revisit that particular Christmas night out. 😀

On 14/06/2022 at 19:48, 100%cornish said:

Jason Chapman retired i will believe that when i see that if its true wander who Blazey will get in to replace him theres not a lot of keepers of his calibre out there be interesting to see who is in goal when they play Falmouth in pre season .Still think Blazey will win the league River Allen is a class act remember him destroying the G in a final when he played for Bodmin saw him playing for Truro and he was out of his depth there ,but a great  player Blazey have there just need a decent Goalie now i reckon it will be the Bodmin goalie Robarthen who will be 2nd choice to Jordan Duffey now and hes too good for that 

Counting down the days for pre season footy i will be spending most of my time at Wadebridge 4 times in 3 weeks cant wait all great friendlies i see  Helston are after someone to play them in friendlies im hoping 1 of my local teams will step i n to take up there offer would like to see them play

Any news out of local clubs 100%? Not herd about G or nqy, they lost players? Any idea who will be best team in town this year?

12 hours ago, Cornishfootyfanatic said:

Any news out of local clubs 100%? Not herd about G or nqy, they lost players? Any idea who will be best team in town this year?

Think most clubs start back at pre season training in the next week or so, guessing that the news of player movements and signings will turn from a trickle to a flood over the days to come.