Wendron United              P-P         Wadebridge Town

FA VASE 

1st Round Proper 

Falmouth Town            3-1     Abingdon United 

Hamworthy United      4-0   Ilfracombe Town 

Millbrook      P-P      Sherborne Town 

Newton Abbot Spurs     3-1   Ringwood Town 

Royal Wotton Bassett   4-0    Camelford 

St Blazey      2-2    Helston Athletic (Helston win 4-3 on pens)

Was really looking forward to the Camels away to Royal Wootton Bassett on Saturday but things have taken a slight change - Camels being without Ed (now is self isolating in Bristol for Covid) and Matty and Josh not being able to play as both picked up two yellows in previous two Vase games so have a match ban (really unfair at this stage when playing against teams who didn’t have to play qualifying games). Coupled with a five hour each way coach trip - which during these times means masks and max of 25 on a coach with NO alcohol!! That said I’m sure those playing will give their all for ‘the badge’ and Reg - who always gets the best out of his squad - good luck to them all and the other West teams playing. 

Looking forward  to the St Blazey vs Helston match ,think it will be a draw after extra time and Helston winning on pens LIAM EDDYBEING named MOM pity Neil Slateford is still injured but Blazey will be missing Cooper and hes  avery good player hve to set off earlytmmrw to get there hope its not down we have had enough  soakings this week poor Smokie has developed webbed feet .See you all tmrw getthe chips ready Paul i will bring my bit of paper with Trackand Trace i will bring a sample of my dna with me aswell .

53 minutes ago, iand said:

St Blazey  Sam Cooper was sent off in previous Vase cup match. Got 1 match ban as it was for 2 yellows and served it by missing the Helston league match.

Am fairly certain that the Vase yellow card rules are different - if he got two yellows in the Vase then his ban counts for the Vase and not league games - certain Paul is on top of it though. 

23 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Make the most of these games guys. If today's newspaper stories are correct regarding an imminent national lockdown, it could be the last football Saturday for a while.

4 weeks at least

certainly won’t help a lot of players doing nothing for 4 -5 weeks then straight back playing again. 

Thanks Dave  still think it will be pens just hope it goes ahead cant see it ifthe weather is a s bad as itis here in Newquay but im hoping it does and i hope wedont go back into Lockdown an dgames are suspended its all i look forward to each week Everything crossed for Blazey vs Helston match to goahead see you all there hopefully .

1 hour ago, isaac rosenberg said:

Hope Camelford game is on at Bassett, as everything more local to me here in Stroud is off or behind closed doors. Hoping for another Cornwall triumph after Truro's great result at Supermarine last week.

Camels number 8 looks like he trains on liquorice all sorts but he can pass ! Not sure about this bright orange strip...

Just now, isaac rosenberg said:

Camels number 8 looks like he trains on liquorice all sorts but he can pass ! Not sure about this bright orange strip...

Blowing a gale. Long throws much in evidence.

Two shots over Camels bat and two late saving flags.

Back three trying to play high line...dangerous game

Too many overhit passes..lacking the subtlety of a Neil Curnow or a Joe Trembath...

Header narrowly wide....Camels under the cosh.

Sixth Wootton offside.

WB 9 shot wide...should have scored.

Rare Camels attack...best hope is from out ball to number 7....Martin something. But now a free kick on edge of Camels box. Four in el....EB number 4 shoots over the angle.

Two nil...number ten dinked ball over keeper after a hole opened in the Camels defence the width of the Great Brison.

Getting a bit feisty, tackles flying in.

2 minutes ago, isaac rosenberg said:

Two nil...number ten dinked ball over keeper after a hole opened in the Camels defence the width of the Great Brison.

Getting a bit feisty, tackles flying in.

Camels keeper punched clear under pressure

Fk out side...camels saved by flag

. Cams break..corner !

Goes out for throw on other side of pitch

Camels 9 seems to have made it s back four...gave away s chance, WB 9 shot over.haff time 2 nil.

You're welcome. Courageous battling by Camelford, but utterly outclassed, I'm afraid. One on-target shot from a 40 yard free kick and a seriously wasteful Wootton Bassett attack made a 4-0 defeat quite a good result. With the exception of Truro City, I guess that mauling shows how big the gap has become between Cornish football and further up the line. Wootton Bassett have three points from three draws in their league and have lost the rest; I understand Camels are top of the SWPL. "Tommy" the centre-half did what he could to hold the line and tried to play the ball out effectively...and the wind was a factor, but it's a long journey home after that. Number 7 had some good moments with the ball at his feet but faded when forced out of his wide first half role to supplement the midfield. Apart from that, the FA's restructuring of leagues to enable upward progression seems wasted on Cornwall...as most people thought it would be when it happened. If it had been a boxing match.....I'll spare you the cliche !

3 minutes ago, le boss said:

Looks like Helston v Falmouth in the next round then

Could well be Le Boss!

Fairly comfortable win for Falmouth even though they went down to 10 men about half-way through the 1st half.

Interesting scenes at the end of the game when Helston's main striker, who was stood at the Packet end, was being wooed by the F-Troop. I think the chant was "Goldie, sign the forms!"

To be fair, he would score a hat-ful with the service from our wide-men. Don't suppose Helston would be too happy though.

1 minute ago, The Town Man said:

Could well be Le Boss!

Fairly comfortable win for Falmouth even though they went down to 10 men about half-way through the 1st half.

Interesting scenes at the end of the game when Helston's main striker, who was stood at the Packet end, was being wooed by the F-Troop. I think the chant was "Goldie, sign the forms!"

To be fair, he would score a hat-ful with the service from our wide-men. Don't suppose Helston would be too happy though.

Is that the same Goldie who the F-Troop were slagging off big time not so long ago?

4 minutes ago, isaac rosenberg said:

You're welcome. Courageous battling by Camelford, but utterly outclassed, I'm afraid. One on-target shot from a 40 yard free kick and a seriously wasteful Wootton Bassett attack made a 4-0 defeat quite a good result. With the exception of Truro City, I guess that mauling shows how big the gap has become between Cornish football and further up the line. Wootton Bassett have three points from three draws in their league and have lost the rest; I understand Camels are top of the SWPL. "Tommy" the centre-half did what he could to hold the line and tried to play the ball out effectively...and the wind was a factor, but it's a long journey home after that. Number 7 had some good moments with the ball at his feet but faded when forced out of his wide first half role to supplement the midfield. Apart from that, the FA's restructuring of leagues to enable upward progression seems wasted on Cornwall...as most people thought it would be when it happened. If it had been a boxing match.....I'll spare you the cliche !

Falmouth comfortably beat a Hellenic League side today with 10 men for most of the game, so you may like to hold your judgement until you get a bit more evidence Mr Rosenberg.

Just now, le boss said:

Is that the same Goldie who the F-Troop were slagging off big time not so long ago?

Football fans are a fickle bunch!

1 minute ago, The Town Man said:

Falmouth comfortably beat a Hellenic League side today with 10 men for most of the game, so you may like to hold your judgement until you get a bit more evidence Mr Rosenberg.

Football fans are a fickle bunch!

With short memories lol! Be nice for Town to sign somebody for a change instead of losing a few I'd imagine. 

Well it seems no one wants to report on the Blazey vs Helston match,so here goes Blazey shold be going into the hat for the next round if they had taken all there chances in the 1st half and not  gone into the break leading to towering Dan Perryman header in the 2nd half Massey played a master stroke bringing on MattyBuchan -whose too good to be on the  bench anyway he equalised rounding Jordan Duffy and scoring ,Jack ALEXANDER put Blazey 2-1 up but that man Buchan scored again and both sides had chances to win it Dan Perryman flashing a shot jus t past the post and Helston doing the same at the other end and it went to pens and as i predicted final score 2-2 and Helston winning on pens but Blazey you should of took your chances, good to see Liam Eddyback playin gbut clerly not fit .Met som lovely people this afternoon Helston Chairman, who gave me a Helston pin badge ,also Martin Daugherty ,who said he was sorry to hear about my partner  ,also Matt LLOYD ,and Finally Martin Duff and his dad and ll the lovely people i have met at StBlazey like Pauldissapointed i didnt get a program i left all my change in the car .Nearly forgot my Mom for St Blazey  Dan PERRYMAN and for Helston HARRISON JEWELL  great display by the young man also Ollie Brockenshire played well when he went back to playcentre half .Great afternoon Both teams played really well good luck to Helston in the next  round but you missed Slateford and Goldy today .One last thing what the hell happened to Newquay today losing to Callinton that wont help the G at all

1 hour ago, le boss said:

That's bound to upset poor old Isaac!! Good result for you and for Cornish football. Be nice to be kept apart till Wembley lol

Not in the least. I supported Truro City last week, Camelford this week and I hope two Cornish clubs do indeed get to Wembley. Unless they're Penzance, of course...but that's unlikely unless the whole Pies squad drive delivery vans for Ginsters.

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Well it seems no one wants to report on the Blazey vs Helston match,so here goes Blazey shold be going into the hat for the next round if they had taken all there chances in the 1st half and not  gone into the break leading to towering Dan Perryman header in the 2nd half Massey played a master stroke bringing on MattyBuchan -whose too good to be on the  bench anyway he equalised rounding Jordan Duffy and scoring ,Jack ALEXANDER put Blazey 2-1 up but that man Buchan scored again and both sides had chances to win it Dan Perryman flashing a shot jus t past the post and Helston doing the same at the other end and it went to pens and as i predicted final score 2-2 and Helston winning on pens but Blazey you should of took your chances, good to see Liam Eddyback playin gbut clerly not fit .Met som lovely people this afternoon Helston Chairman, who gave me a Helston pin badge ,also Martin Daugherty ,who said he was sorry to hear about my partner  ,also Matt LLOYD ,and Finally Martin Duff and his dad and ll the lovely people i have met at StBlazey like Pauldissapointed i didnt get a program i left all my change in the car .Nearly forgot my Mom for St Blazey  Dan PERRYMAN and for Helston HARRISON JEWELL  great display by the young man also Ollie Brockenshire played well when he went back to playcentre half .Great afternoon Both teams played really well good luck to Helston in the next  round but you missed Slateford and Goldy today .One last thing what the hell happened to Newquay today losing to Callinton that wont help the G at all

Never mind Newquay, well done Callington Town. From what I saw on Twitter the Town goal led a charmed life, and the keeper had a storming game. 

It can't have been great being thumped every game, so this is a great morale booster, let's hope the corner has been turned.

Having said that it looks like football is going to stop again thanks to total mismanagement by Bungling Boris and his bunch of discredited deadbeats

Good game at Blazey today. Two fully committed hard working teams, thought Blazey dominated most of the 1st half, with Helston looking the more likely 2nd half. 2-2 at full time probably the fair result over 90 minutes before the lottery of a penalty shoot out. Good luck to Helston in the next round but think there could be some issues with their captain choosing to go and watch Falmouth instead today? Neil Slateford off to Saltash? Liam Eddy storming off down the tunnel after he was substituted today by Mr Massey! Great substitution as it turned out! Sounds like a bit of lack of respect? Well done to 100% Cornish for his prediction. Spot on sir!

St Blazey 2v2 Helston. 3v4 pens.

Att.270. Away. 10ish. 

Absolutely gutted we lost that game. So close but so far. The lads gave everything. You cant ask no more. 

Great crowd today around 270. Lovely to see supporters all round the ground. With so many restrictions on the bar not helping anything it was good to see plenty of people watching and a busy tea hut and good 50-50 prizes. 1st prize was £60!!

As was mentioned above, Liam Eddy was a complete embarrassment today. Subbed off. Grabbed his top. F and jef all the way to the changing room and showered and then sulked in the tunnel. Not one thought to support his team mates and no respect for his replacement who ended up saving Helston!! If a St Blazey player did that, earning £5 id be jumping in such a big game or any game, but hes probably on a tidy sum and behaving like that. Some team player that is. Poor example to the younger players. 

Anyway, thank you to everyone who turned up to watch today. 

100% Cornish, good to see you. P.M your address and ill send you a programme. Waiting on our new tonner delivery. Anyone else want one let me know. 

Hopefully we can all watch some football again soon. 

i said to Liam Eddy when he was warming up its good to see you back Liam an dhe looked at me like Smokie had done something on his shoe ,My address was on  that piece of paper thanks  Paul, Blazey should oftaken there chances in the 1st half see you again soon .Le Boss you sure Slateford is going to Saltash hes injured at the moment but another player maybe going there very young bench for Helston today i see the ref was called Scott Mckenzie ,i wander if hes going back to San Francisco sorry it was just his name .Hope the footy isnt going tobe suspended its my lifeline

Edited by 100%cornish
wanted to add a bit more

From a casual neutral at the game. I'm not an expert on the dark arts of Sin Bins but the St Blazey No 5 I think it was was sin binned with less than 10 mins of the 90 to go. He may have come back on during stoppage time but I didn't notice. Lo and behold there he was slotting a pen in the shoot out. OK turns out it was academic as Helston won the shoot out. Would appreciate any advice on the sin bin laws and the views of anyone else who was there. I may have missed something and just to clear my own mind, happy to be corrected if everything was in order. Cheers.

1 minute ago, Tractor Boy said:

From a casual neutral at the game. I'm not an expert on the dark arts of Sin Bins but the St Blazey No 5 I think it was was sin binned with less than 10 mins of the 90 to go. He may have come back on during stoppage time but I didn't notice. Lo and behold there he was slotting a pen in the shoot out. OK turns out it was academic as Helston won the shoot out. Would appreciate any advice on the sin bin laws and the views of anyone else who was there. I may have missed something and just to clear my own mind, happy to be corrected if everything was in order. Cheers.

The sin bin is only served during playing time. So any players currently sin binned return for the penalties.

31 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

i said to Liam Eddy when he was warming up its good to see you back Liam an dhe looked at me like Smokie had done something on his shoe ,My address was on  that piece of paper thanks  Paul, Blazey should oftaken there chances in the 1st half see you again soon .Le Boss you sure Slateford is going to Saltash hes injured at the moment but another player maybe going there very young bench for Helston today i see the ref was called Scott Mckenzie ,i wander if hes going back to San Francisco sorry it was just his name .Hope the footy isnt going tobe suspended its my lifeline

I have never said Mr Slateford going to Saltash or anywhere to be honest

56 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Think I'm the only one who got the Scott McKenzie gag 100%, did he officiate with a flower in his hair?

39 minutes ago, Tractor Boy said:

Sam Cooper went straight over to the referee at full time and spoke to him, guessed he asked him if was allowed to partake in the shootout.

5 hours ago, isaac rosenberg said:

Shame Camels had a complete midfield out and a top notch centre half, not saying they would have won but it would have been closer especially when you consider all 4 goals were from pub football mistakes. Not a true reflection of how they have been playing this season. I would say that the top teams in the swpl are on a par or better than Wooton. Watch a few more games before you pass judgement please, just a bad day no more than that.

10 hours ago, Paul said:

St Blazey 2v2 Helston. 3v4 pens.

Att.270. Away. 10ish. 

Absolutely gutted we lost that game. So close but so far. The lads gave everything. You cant ask no more. 

Great crowd today around 270. Lovely to see supporters all round the ground. With so many restrictions on the bar not helping anything it was good to see plenty of people watching and a busy tea hut and good 50-50 prizes. 1st prize was £60!!

As was mentioned above, Liam Eddy was a complete embarrassment today. Subbed off. Grabbed his top. F and jef all the way to the changing room and showered and then sulked in the tunnel. Not one thought to support his team mates and no respect for his replacement who ended up saving Helston!! If a St Blazey player did that, earning £5 id be jumping in such a big game or any game, but hes probably on a tidy sum and behaving like that. Some team player that is. Poor example to the younger players. 

Anyway, thank you to everyone who turned up to watch today. 

100% Cornish, good to see you. P.M your address and ill send you a programme. Waiting on our new tonner delivery. Anyone else want one let me know. 

Hopefully we can all watch some football again soon. 

Maybe Liam was out of line Paul, but to say you would be embarrassed if that was a St. Blazey player, & he overstepped the mark, let's remember last season your supporters let of a smoke device in a crowded bar with Woman & Children, then you had a players Daddy run on & confront the referee because his son was tackled... 😂

Give Liam a break.. 

26 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Maybe Liam was out of line Paul, but to say you would be embarrassed if that was a St. Blazey player, & he overstepped the mark, let's remember last season your supporters let of a smoke device in a crowded bar with Woman & Children, then you had a players Daddy run on & confront the referee because his son was tackled... 😂

Give Liam a break.. 

And both issues delt with as you will know being a regular in the bar. 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - FA VASE & SWPL - Saturday 31 OCTOBER 2020
  • Dave Deacon unpinned this topic