Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - FA VASE & SWPL - Saturday 31 OCTOBER 2020

11 hours ago, Paul said:

St Blazey 2v2 Helston. 3v4 pens.

Att.270. Away. 10ish. 

Absolutely gutted we lost that game. So close but so far. The lads gave everything. You cant ask no more. 

Great crowd today around 270. Lovely to see supporters all round the ground. With so many restrictions on the bar not helping anything it was good to see plenty of people watching and a busy tea hut and good 50-50 prizes. 1st prize was £60!!

As was mentioned above, Liam Eddy was a complete embarrassment today. Subbed off. Grabbed his top. F and jef all the way to the changing room and showered and then sulked in the tunnel. Not one thought to support his team mates and no respect for his replacement who ended up saving Helston!! If a St Blazey player did that, earning £5 id be jumping in such a big game or any game, but hes probably on a tidy sum and behaving like that. Some team player that is. Poor example to the younger players. 

Anyway, thank you to everyone who turned up to watch today. 

100% Cornish, good to see you. P.M your address and ill send you a programme. Waiting on our new tonner delivery. Anyone else want one let me know. 

Hopefully we can all watch some football again soon. 

Surely you've missed a nought off the total of away fans Paul .With allegedly over 100 season ticket holders at Helston plus the normal pay on the gate supporters ,maybe the 37 mile journey was too far perhaps ! 😏

2 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Maybe Liam was out of line Paul, but to say you would be embarrassed if that was a St. Blazey player, & he overstepped the mark, let's remember last season your supporters let of a smoke device in a crowded bar with Woman & Children, then you had a players Daddy run on & confront the referee because his son was tackled... 😂

Give Liam a break.. 

Not the nicest of blokes, delusions of grandeur and a mercenary but I'm sure somebody loves him.

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - FA VASE & SWPL - Saturday 31 OCTOBER 2020

Having watched yesterday both teams very poor footballing wise specially with the budgets they both have, didn’t see 5 passes strung together from both sides just the long ball! If blazey knew where the net was it would of been over by half time! Fair play to that tucker lad he takes every throw in, free kick & corner, surprised he didn’t go back and take the goal kicks yesterday🤣

22 minutes ago, Buggzy said:

Having watched yesterday both teams very poor footballing wise specially with the budgets they both have, didn’t see 5 passes strung together from both sides just the long ball! If blazey knew where the net was it would of been over by half time! Fair play to that tucker lad he takes every throw in, free kick & corner, surprised he didn’t go back and take the goal kicks yesterday🤣

£3000 to put those two teams out yesterday, I want my money back 😂😂

25 minutes ago, Buggzy said:

Seen Helston a few times and Tucker is the main man for sure...take him away and ???

4 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Seen Helston a few times and Tucker is the main man for sure...take him away and ???

If he passed the ball once in a while he would actually be an even better player, they pay outrageous money for him. Just cant figure out how that helston team get paid what they do, both teams to be fair played like pub teams!

15 hours ago, Paul said:

St Blazey 2v2 Helston. 3v4 pens.

Att.270. Away. 10ish. 

Absolutely gutted we lost that game. So close but so far. The lads gave everything. You cant ask no more. 

Great crowd today around 270. Lovely to see supporters all round the ground. With so many restrictions on the bar not helping anything it was good to see plenty of people watching and a busy tea hut and good 50-50 prizes. 1st prize was £60!!

As was mentioned above, Liam Eddy was a complete embarrassment today. Subbed off. Grabbed his top. F and jef all the way to the changing room and showered and then sulked in the tunnel. Not one thought to support his team mates and no respect for his replacement who ended up saving Helston!! If a St Blazey player did that, earning £5 id be jumping in such a big game or any game, but hes probably on a tidy sum and behaving like that. Some team player that is. Poor example to the younger players. 

Anyway, thank you to everyone who turned up to watch today. 

100% Cornish, good to see you. P.M your address and ill send you a programme. Waiting on our new tonner delivery. Anyone else want one let me know. 

Hopefully we can all watch some football again soon. 

Watched the game today with family and pleased to see a Good competitive game , both teams route one focus but entertaining and excellent refereeing the lads eddy subbed was influential in the game and was upset when taken off and showed disrespect but Blazey can’t be to critical with dug out f and Jeff most of game Helston deserved the win thought but good value both teams 

1 hour ago, Buggzy said:

If he passed the ball once in a while he would actually be an even better player, they pay outrageous money for him. Just cant figure out how that helston team get paid what they do, both teams to be fair played like pub teams!

What do the Helston team get paid? That's if you actually know. 

4 hours ago, hoppit said:

Not the nicest of blokes, delusions of grandeur and a mercenary but I'm sure somebody loves him.

Wow! Obviously you have personal experience of Liam to make such an informed comment. As for mercenary - think I'm right in saying that he's only played for three clubs and is happy to play for any of the senior teams at Helston, his hometown club. Perhaps he stole your ball when you were children or something......

18 minutes ago, le boss said:

Wow! Obviously you have personal experience of Liam to make such an informed comment. As for mercenary - think I'm right in saying that he's only played for two clubs and is happy to play for any of the senior teams at Helston, his hometown club. Perhaps he stole your ball when you were children or something......

I've always found Liam to be a very affable fella.

17 hours ago, hoppit said:

Shame Camels had a complete midfield out and a top notch centre half, not saying they would have won but it would have been closer especially when you consider all 4 goals were from pub football mistakes. Not a true reflection of how they have been playing this season. I would say that the top teams in the swpl are on a par or better than Wooton. Watch a few more games before you pass judgement please, just a bad day no more than that.

Wootton are third from bottom of a regional division. If you'd played league leaders Bibfiekd or even my village club Brimscombe and Thrupp you'd have let in ten. 

10 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Maybe Liam was out of line Paul, but to say you would be embarrassed if that was a St. Blazey player, & he overstepped the mark, let's remember last season your supporters let of a smoke device in a crowded bar with Woman & Children, then you had a players Daddy run on & confront the referee because his son was tackled... 😂

Give Liam a break.. 

Are smoke devices less harmful to men ? Why do you capitalize gender words as though indicating Different Species ? For goodness sake, Leeds United, try to join the modern world ? I would hate readers if this site to conclude that Cornwall us full if antediluvian backwardness and sexism !

On 31/10/2020 at 19:56, Jeff's Telling said:

Having said that it looks like football is going to stop again thanks to total mismanagement by Bungling Boris and his bunch of discredited deadbeats

Johnson has not had the backing of the population who seemingly appear to know better than the scientist, and choose to ignore the advice offered by them on how best to deal with the pandemic.
One of the reasons that Cornwall has a reasonable score on the virus table, is because the population is widespread and therefore contact between people is less likely.
That fact alone make a profound statement about the benefits of isolation if we adhere to them.
Regardless of who is in government at present, if you don't follow the advice of some eminent epidemiologist, the chance of the pandemic subsiding is massively reduced.
In the meantime lets knuckle down and hope that things return to normal A.S.A.P. and we get some football to talk about on the forum.

1 hour ago, We Two said:

Johnson has not had the backing of the population who seemingly appear to know better than the scientist, and choose to ignore the advice offered by them on how best to deal with the pandemic.
One of the reasons that Cornwall has a reasonable score on the virus table, is because the population is widespread and therefore contact between people is less likely.
That fact alone make a profound statement about the benefits of isolation if we adhere to them.
Regardless of who is in government at present, if you don't follow the advice of some eminent epidemiologist, the chance of the pandemic subsiding is massively reduced.
In the meantime lets knuckle down and hope that things return to normal A.S.A.P. and we get some football to talk about on the forum.

Well said 👏 👏👏

16 hours ago, isaac rosenberg said:

Wootton are third from bottom of a regional division. If you'd played league leaders Bibfiekd or even my village club Brimscombe and Thrupp you'd have let in ten. 

Camels had Matt Andrew ex Truro and Bideford probably the best midfielder in the league suspended also suspended was Josh Mcabe a superb centre half, Ed Harrisson a free scoring midfielder who plays for Cribbs when at Uni was ill and defender Adam Bartlett was cup tied,It would have been much closer had they been playing , but if my auntie had balls she would be my uncle. I understand you can only comment on what you see.

1 hour ago, We Two said:

You should take over from Chris Whitty, you are right about following the advice ,but when you get a government that ordered people  with covid to  return to carehomes and people like Cummings amongst others not following guidelines anarchy will reign. I now know where the dessert Eton Mess gets its name from.

1 hour ago, hoppit said:

Camels had Matt Andrew ex Truro and Bideford probably the best midfielder in the league suspended also suspended was Josh Mcabe a superb centre half, Ed Harrisson a free scoring midfielder who plays for Cribbs when at Uni was ill and defender Adam Bartlett was cup tied,It would have been much closer had they been playing , but if my auntie had balls she would be my uncle. I understand you can only comment on what you see.

Well....I broadly agree ! But surely if Auntie chooses to style herself as Auntie, with or without balls, you will respect her choice of identity ?

1 hour ago, hoppit said:

You should take over from Chris Whitty, you are right about following the advice ,but when you get a government that ordered people  with covid to  return to carehomes and people like Cummings amongst others not following guidelines anarchy will reign. I now know where the dessert Eton Mess gets its name from.

This is where the over riding point is missed because it's made into a name calling political issue rather than taking advice on health issues from people who are held in high esteem by their peers.
Politicians of all persuasions have been caught out ignoring the advice they have given others, we the public are the people who are in the driving seat to at least lessen the effects of the pandemic if we follow the professional guidelines we have been given.

28 minutes ago, isaac rosenberg said:

Well....I broadly agree ! But surely if Auntie chooses to style herself as Auntie, with or without balls, you will respect her choice of identity ?

I'm a bit old school you are born male or female that sometimes goes a little haywire,we can knock it around all we want but that's the bottom line if we follow th science

5 minutes ago, We Two said:

This is where the over riding point is missed because it's made into a name calling political issue rather than taking advice on health issues from people who are held in high esteem by their peers.
Politicians of all persuasions have been caught out ignoring the advice they have given others, we the public are the people who are in the driving seat to at least lessen the effects of the pandemic if we follow the professional guidelines we have been given.

I agree, but I have just read that 40,000  renowned scientists have sent a memo to the government begging them not to use lockdown as a method of control as it merely kicks the virus down the road and destroys the economy. They want to protect the most vulnerable and let everyone else carry on.

On 01/11/2020 at 12:17, Gadafi said:

Watched the game today with family and pleased to see a Good competitive game , both teams route one focus but entertaining and excellent refereeing the lads eddy subbed was influential in the game and was upset when taken off and showed disrespect but Blazey can’t be to critical with dug out f and Jeff most of game Helston deserved the win thought but good value both teams 

Make you largely right. Thought Blazey were gutsy, but Helston more fluent on the ball. It was a shame that having gone in front and created chances in the first 45 that the home side sat too deep and invited pressure on themselves. Their ball retention was poor and without an out ball, it pinged straight back and put the green and black on the back foot. Two good finishes by Buchan and 2-2 it ended. Not a pretty or high quality game, but absorbing from start to finish. I enjoyed it! My first visit to Blaise Park - loved everything about it.

On 02/11/2020 at 11:38, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

I think I would struggle with that one isaac ...if my uncle became my auntie...urggggh!

Oh dear. If I had posted that, quite a few institutions dear to my heart would expel me, Older ! I suppose my extended family might be one of them. They would blame my foreign blood, up St Just. My father, after all, was born in Marazion.

Of course, "urggggh" could be interpreted creatively, depending on the context in which you and your parent's sibling were transacting !

I know I can't expect everybody in Cornish football to share my restrained and polite style of posting, but personally, I am very glad that free debate and expression about identities still flourishes in Cornish football ! I wouldn't mind if, like a character in an American film I once saw, you were able to prove that you are in fact your own grandma and dress up as her every Tuesday. Why not ? Whatever floats your boat ! I once raised £400 for St Just AFC by doing exactly that on Lafrowda Day in St Just Square while reciting T.S.Eliot's "The Waste Land". The tourists loved it: authentic St Just heritage ! I think at the time it probably paid for one of John McCallum's feet.

17 minutes ago, isaac rosenberg said:

Oh dear. If I had posted that, quite a few institutions dear to my heart would expel me, Older ! I suppose my extended family might be one of them. They would blame my foreign blood, up St Just. My father, after all, was born in Marazion.

Of course, "urggggh" could be interpreted creatively, depending on the context in which you and your parent's sibling were transacting !

I know I can't expect everybody in Cornish football to share my restrained and polite style of posting, but personally, I am very glad that free debate and expression about identities still flourishes in Cornish football ! I wouldn't mind if, like a character in an American film I once saw, you were able to prove that you are in fact your own grandma and dress up as her every Tuesday. Why not ? Whatever floats your boat ! I once raised £400 for St Just AFC by doing exactly that on Lafrowda Day in St Just Square while reciting T.S.Eliot's "The Waste Land". The tourists loved it: authentic St Just heritage ! I think at the time it probably paid for one of John McCallum's feet.

Urghhh! as intended isaac...URGGGGH! to put it in context. 

And. You in a skirt pretending(?) to be you grandmother gets another URGGGH!

Think my brain would melt with that vision, worse than that great lump you used to have playing centre half coming toward "eee"

Randolf something(?)