Cornwall Football Forum

Liam Eddy

19 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

He played a couple of matches for Helstons 2nd team before the season ended ,if hes back to full fitness watch out the rest of the league because Heston are my certainties for the league

Next season will be the worst standard of football the league would have ever seen . 

It will be nice just to get back watching local football again standing in all winds and weathers  cant wait why do you say it will be the worst football season the league have ever seen it will be no different the teams who pay the most money will be the ones picking up the tophies ,i reckon dark horses for the league could be St Blazey think Bodmin will do well as well but got to be Helston to win the lot

21 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Next season will be the worst standard of football the league would have ever seen . 

What brings you to the this conclusion Leeds? Lack of sponsorship and sugar daddy cash at many clubs could improve the standard of the league by spreading the players a bit more around the clubs.

39 minutes ago, djs said:

You are 'Big' Al, and I claim my £5.

Haha! You ask any of the guys that have been in it a while, they will all tell you the same ... Very very poor. An East Cornwall league side from 15 years ago would stuff any Swpl side from last season. Without any doubt. 

1 hour ago, leedsunited said:

Haha! You ask any of the guys that have been in it a while, they will all tell you the same ... Very very poor. An East Cornwall league side from 15 years ago would stuff any Swpl side from last season. Without any doubt. 

I DOUBT IT!

I don’t really have an opinion of the irrelevant, relative merits of teams in differing leagues over a fifteen year period. However I dislike crass statements like “ Without any doubt”! so at least on this subject you won’t be able to say it again, as I have just sown that modicum of doubt that indicates just what a stupid statement it was!

Ok ... Take this statement .. ' Today's standard of Football in Cornwall is at its worst ever '

The great Falmouth side back in the day, Saltash in the 80's, St.Blazey late 90's & Bodmin on the 8 year untouchable stint would without any doubt beat any side in today's Swpl  by at least 7/8 goals ... 

Only people who would disagree are the people still involved in the game like a Player/Manager that obviously don't like to hear that as it makes them look like they're not very good, competing in its worst ever standard .. 🤣

1 hour ago, leedsunited said:

Ok ... Take this statement .. ' Today's standard of Football in Cornwall is at its worst ever '

The great Falmouth side back in the day, Saltash in the 80's, St.Blazey late 90's & Bodmin on the 8 year untouchable stint would without any doubt beat any side in today's Swpl  by at least 7/8 goals ... . 🤣

AGAIN MR UNITED, I HAVE A DOUBT, JUST A LITTLE ONE, BUT A DOUBT ALL THE SAME (it might be only5/6 goals!). Please leave the WAD phrase out of it, it makes you sound like an incorrigible knowitall! There again, on the other hand..............!

2 hours ago, leedsunited said:

The great Falmouth side back in the day, Saltash in the 80's, St.Blazey late 90's & Bodmin on the 8 year untouchable stint would without any doubt beat any side in today's Swpl  by at least 7/8 goals ... 

Only people who would disagree are the people still involved in the game like a Player/Manager that obviously don't like to hear that as it makes them look like they're not very good, competing in its worst ever standard .. 🤣

Difficult to compare. In terms of fitness, professionalism and preparation, I think today's Plymouth Parkway Western League side would be way in front of the Liskeard and Saltash title winning teams of the eighties. Generally, I think the game has got quicker and more physical at this level.

That should stir something up...

1 hour ago, Way Of The Park said:

Difficult to compare. In terms of fitness, professionalism and preparation, I think today's Plymouth Parkway Western League side would be way in front of the Liskeard and Saltash title winning teams of the eighties. Generally, I think the game has got quicker and more physical at this level.

That should stir something up...

Good point, but Parkway are not in the Swpl league!

Take Parkway for example, & a good example ... In years gone by the top couple sides in the Swpl would give & usually beat the better sides in the Western League ( seen it many times over years ) ... However now if Parkway played any side from Cornwall, & wanted/needed to score 5/6 goals I believe they would do that comfortably because yes Parkway are good, but more so the standard of league/players have sank to an all new low level. 🤣

Some of you guys make me laugh! A post asking about the welfare of a player and it still turns around to the same conversations! 

In regards to the actual topic heading, Liam managed to play some games with Helston reserves and thirds, even getting back into the first team squad before the league was halted.

All at Helston look forward to seeing Liam back out on the pitch at Kellaway Park doing what he does best, scoring goals 💙

Made me laugh saying Parkway could beat any Cornish side well on satday oct 13th 2018 Fa Vase Parkway came to Poltair park to play StAUSTELL and got hammered 6-1 with Liam Eddy getting 4 and Mark Goldsworthy the other 2 this was against a full Parkway team before anyone starts ,you just read so much crap on here Parkway would beat any team in Cornwall by 5 or 6 goals what a load of bollocks Adam Carter is there main scorer without him Parkway wouldnt have half the goals ,im sure Helston ,Saltash and Falmouth would give them a hard game Falmouth beat them a couple of season s ago in the final

13 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Made me laugh saying Parkway could beat any Cornish side well on satday oct 13th 2018 Fa Vase Parkway came to Poltair park to play StAUSTELL and got hammered 6-1 with Liam Eddy getting 4 and Mark Goldsworthy the other 2 this was against a full Parkway team before anyone starts ,you just read so much crap on here Parkway would beat any team in Cornwall by 5 or 6 goals what a load of bollocks Adam Carter is there main scorer without him Parkway wouldnt have half the goals ,im sure Helston ,Saltash and Falmouth would give them a hard game Falmouth beat them a couple of season s ago in the final

Think both sides have had a slight change of fortune's since that day nearly 2 years ago ... 🙄🤣

On 21/05/2020 at 19:18, leedsunited said:

More utter nonsense

On 22/05/2020 at 19:06, 100%cornish said:

Been announced on their site today Adam Carter is leaving along with 4 or 5 others, and Ryan Richards has joined them

Edited by pebbles8
More info

My fav player brilliant striker he score the majority of parkways goals and they let him go they will struggle without him and parkway sign Cowell , Wright an dMike Landricombe theplayers they let fo our better than them ,it would be wishful thinking Carter will join the G , I Bet he ends up back at Bodmin . I cant wait to get back to watching football , my partner died on Monday from a massive stroke its been a bloody awful year

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

My fav player brilliant striker he score the majority of parkways goals and they let him go they will struggle without him and parkway sign Cowell , Wright an dMike Landricombe theplayers they let fo our better than them ,it would be wishful thinking Carter will join the G , I Bet he ends up back at Bodmin . I cant wait to get back to watching football , my partner died on Monday from a massive stroke its been a bloody awful year

Sorry to hear that 100%Cornish.

Stay strong. Thoughts with you at this tough tough time. 

3 hours ago, pebbles8 said:

No matter what his size, he guaranteed you goals, been a top player for a long time

3 hours ago, Monsoon said:

When was the last time you saw Adam play ? No fat on him nowadays.

I take it you haven't watched the Parkway thing on youtube? It's worth watching and the all inclusive thing was a joke made by Shane Krac. But I guess if you haven't watched it you wouldn't know that.

7 hours ago, silly billy said:

I take it you haven't watched the Parkway thing on youtube? It's worth watching and the all inclusive thing was a joke made by Shane Krac. But I guess if you haven't watched it you wouldn't know that.

Watched about 20 minutes of it,intended to watch the rest later and forgot !

9 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

My condolences Steve,bad news pard.

14 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Deepest condolences to you Cornish.

Thankyou to you all just hasnt sunk in yet 1 minute shes having a nice time with her friend overlooking fistral beach next she was gone and she wasnt big she ate mostly veg and fruit and she was as fit as a fiddle 59 no age dont know how im going to cope really .Mum ,Dad now my partner Amanda all dead from Strokes lifes a Bitch

3 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Thankyou to you all just hasnt sunk in yet 1 minute shes having a nice time with her friend overlooking fistral beach next she was gone and she wasnt big she ate mostly veg and fruit and she was as fit as a fiddle 59 no age dont know how im going to cope really .Mum ,Dad now my partner Amanda all dead from Strokes lifes a Bitch

100% - so so sorry for you mate, wish there was something I could do. Take care

Really sorry for your loss Steve, no words can be of consolation at this time. Give Smokie some extra cuddles this week mate. As the lads have said, if you need anything or anyone just give us a shout on here Steve, I’ll drive over to Newquay and get you a coffee or a shandy and talk football for an hour or two and catch up with my mate Smokie. Look after yourself and don’t be afraid to give us a shout like the gents have said, it’ll be no trouble for us mate x

Thankyou kind people it just hasnt sunk in she was fit only ate salads ,and fruit had no history of strokes 1 minute shes enjoying the sun with her friend overlooking Fistral beach ,then the Paramedics are working on her for 40 mins but she had already gone a week bfore we was celebrating her 59th birthday ,no im planning her funeral ,its so unfair all that has happened to me it should be me thats gone im going to be lost without her . Thankyou again to everyone on this brilliant site such kind people