Cornwall Football Forum

Jake Ash returns to Bickland Park

SWPL Premier West--FALMOUTH TOWN v MOUSEHOLE (Tonight 7-30pm)

Jake Ash begins his managerial career with Mousehole with a visit to his first Cornish club Falmouth Town (he was at Bickland 2002-05 making 111 appearances and scoring 24 goals).

Tonight will be only the 10th.competitive meeting at first team level between the clubs in our 70 year history.

The last visit was in 2002 in the CSCup when Town beat their Combination League visitors  7--0 (Damien Stevens 3, Steve Proctor 2,Jake Ash and Ross Pope)

Of course Falmouth Town Reserves have played Mousehole in the CCL regulary on 68 occasions  but in season 1983-84 Falmouth Town first team were in the CCL and  played their only ever previous League games (H.6-0, A.2-0)

For  0-0 draw this was a very good game. Mousehole have some very classy players, but their finishing let them down. Would give the first half to the visitors. Second half, Town came back into the game and near the end had a couple of very good chances and Mousehole have their keeper to thank for sharing the points. Excellent crowd of well over 200 with the resurgent Falmouth Boot Boys/F-Troop singing throughout creating a real old fashioned atmosphere. Long may it continue! 

9 hours ago, Quiet Man said:

For  0-0 draw this was a very good game. Mousehole have some very classy players, but their finishing let them down. Would give the first half to the visitors. Second half, Town came back into the game and near the end had a couple of very good chances and Mousehole have their keeper to thank for sharing the points. Excellent crowd of well over 200 with the resurgent Falmouth Boot Boys/F-Troop singing throughout creating a real old fashioned atmosphere. Long may it continue! 

Think you got it spot Quiet Man Mousehole played lovely football but for me didn’t look threatening enough in the final third. Falmouth stayed in the game and could of won at the death. 

The fans behind the goal were brilliant some very funny chants coming from the stand. Very good night. 

Both teams will be in the mix I’m sure this season. 

For me the only thing the game lacked was some decent officials. The ref in my opinion should not ref this standard and the linesman by the stand needs to retire or actually get some glasses and far side linesman needs to get fit. Gave a terrible offside and wasn’t anywhere near up with play, when the ball is kicked is the rule not when the player receives the ball. 

The teams gave us a brilliant match the officials tried their best to spoil it. 

56 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Let's get rid of all the officials and give all the spectators a whistle and flag...then every decision will be perfect!

Have you ever refereed a match or run the line? no - didn't think so.

Official bashing from the off ...pathetic! 

Come on Older, haven't you learnt yet that players and supporters are never wrong with their opinions ?  😜

2 hours ago, Del Boy said:

Think you got it spot Quiet Man Mousehole played lovely football but for me didn’t look threatening enough in the final third. Falmouth stayed in the game and could of won at the death. 

The fans behind the goal were brilliant some very funny chants coming from the stand. Very good night. 

Both teams will be in the mix I’m sure this season. 

For me the only thing the game lacked was some decent officials. The ref in my opinion should not ref this standard and the linesman by the stand needs to retire or actually get some glasses and far side linesman needs to get fit. Gave a terrible offside and wasn’t anywhere near up with play, when the ball is kicked is the rule not when the player receives the ball. 

The teams gave us a brilliant match the officials tried their best to spoil it. 

Del Boy - Cornwall's answer to VAR!!

Stand by my comments, yes I have run the line and no I haven’t officiated a match. 

The talking point leaving the match last night was the officials both sets of fans, FACT not up to the pace or standard of game. 

Arguably two of the top teams in the league needed better and stronger officials - this is forum of opinion and free speech. You don’t have to agree with me comments and know I don’t agree with most on here. 

Just now, Goldeneye said:

Del Boy - Cornwall's answer to VAR!!

Has a ring to it

I'm a firm believer that unless you are standing where the officials are standing you don't see what they do.

And. It's down to their interpretation of what they saw as well, one man's meat is another man's poison as the saying goes.

Only once in 50 years plus of being involved with football have I ever asked a referee about a decision. 

He said in his opinion the player was interfering when a superb goal was disallowed in a junior cup semi final. I accepted it as his opinion and bought the man a pint...we lost 1- 0

Sh.t happens.

4 minutes ago, Del Boy said:

Stand by my comments, yes I have run the line and no I haven’t officiated a match. 

The talking point leaving the match last night was the officials both sets of fans, FACT not up to the pace or standard of game. 

Arguably two of the top teams in the league needed better and stronger officials - this is forum of opinion and free speech. You don’t have to agree with me comments and know I don’t agree with most on here. 

Has a ring to it

Correct Del boy.

Freedom of speech, you have yours and I have had mine.

11 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

He said in his opinion the player was interfering when a superb goal was disallowed in a junior cup semi final. I accepted it as his opinion and bought the man a pint...we lost 1- 0

You bought a pint! I'd have to see it to believe it! One for the archives. :thumbsup:

What was the Falmouth lineup last night?

13 minutes ago, Hetty said:

I don’t understand this idea that officials are beyond criticism. 

Players get criticised if they've had a bad game, why can’t an officials performance be discussed. 

They can, some criticise them others defend them. 

Agreed it’s not nice to read about however if an official or player isn’t up to standard it’s your right to an opinion. 

I know we don’t have many in the county and it’s a thank less task. However they take the match fee and I pay to watch so I’m entitled to my opinion. If I think they had a great game I’ll say if they have a poor game I’ll say players and officials alike. 

George Patt, Kevin Knowles, Ian Roberts are just a few that I hold in high regard and there are more that I think are great officials in the county. Some not so good.

56 minutes ago, Goldeneye said:

You bought a pint! I'd have to see it to believe it! One for the archives. :thumbsup:

What was the Falmouth lineup last night?

I've bought 000's of pints for people I like 😝

Didn't go to the game our seconds were playing.

45 minutes ago, Hetty said:

I don’t understand this idea that officials are beyond criticism. 

Players get criticised if they've had a bad game, why can’t an officials performance be discussed. 

Of course they can be criticized...but it seems like it is everytime... give them a break, you'd think they were on 00's per game.

Most, if not all, are trying to give something back to the game.

13 minutes ago, Rayvon said:

Did Jake play or was he just on managerial duties? 

Not playing Ray,

Mousehole-

Corey Harvey-Billy Curtis(C)-Paolo Gousa-Mark Richards-Ben Harding-Steve Burt-Lucas Corner(Geren James)-Lezion Cela-Kiran Toland-Amara Bakayoko-Reece Mitchell(Steve Ziboth)

UnusedJamie Devine-Tyler Tonkin-Ben Williams

Falmouth

Steve Parker-Billinge---Dave Blizzard(Martyn Duff)-Ollie Moody(Jack Webber)-Ryan Martt-Joe Cooper(C)-Ben Oliver-Luke Johnson(Luke Brabyn)-Dave Broglino-Matt Buchan-Tim Nixon-Olly Walker

2 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

I've bought 000's of pints for people I like 😝

Didn't go to the game our seconds were playing.

Of course they can be criticized...but it seems like it is everytime... give them a break, you'd think they were on 00's per game.

Most, if not all, are trying to give something back to the game.

They are not trying to give anything back to the game but there just for the money as they always will be.

Decent game have to say mouseholes no 8/9/and 10 looked on a different level to everyone else on the pitch , they played some lovely stuff but did lack a centre forward and a cutting edge . Seemed to play in front of falmouth and looked afraid to go and win the game and get players in the box . Falmouth were poor in terms of ball retention but can’t fault there honesty and did probably have better chances as game got stretched late on . From watching falmouth seemed they were told every pass had to go forward and lacked ideas almost junior football with fit players . Must add the lad braybnn looked falmouth  best player when he came on .

Towns Support behind the goal were class club needs too hang onto them . 

Attendance 253

Since the Peninsula era (2007) the Best Bickland League gate was 366 v St.Blazey (4-0) during the Ground Hop 2009/10

The next best League Att. was 252 v Bodmin Town (1-5)  2011/12

In this time the best gate was   497v Truro City in the F A Cup (0-4) 2008/9

In the F A Vase 220 V Buckland Athletic (5-2) 2011/12

In thw SWL Cup 206 v Perranporth (3-2) 2009/10

The only other +200  was Boxing Day 205  v Helston (1-0) 2015/16

2 hours ago, 6times said:

Decent game have to say mouseholes no 8/9/and 10 looked on a different level to everyone else on the pitch , they played some lovely stuff but did lack a centre forward and a cutting edge . Seemed to play in front of falmouth and looked afraid to go and win the game and get players in the box . Falmouth were poor in terms of ball retention but can’t fault there honesty and did probably have better chances as game got stretched late on . From watching falmouth seemed they were told every pass had to go forward and lacked ideas almost junior football with fit players . Must add the lad braybnn looked falmouth  best player when he came on .

Theres too much trippy tappy sideways play in football  today. Thou not there, I can applaud any team that looks 2 go forward

3 hours ago, 6times said:

Mousehole will make a lot of teams look ordinary this season. Could turn out to be a good result for Falmouth. If Mousehole ship in someone who can finish then there could be no stopping them.

Good dogged performance from Falmouth and they should finish top 6 at worst this season if they can keep most of their players fit. Especially with the might of the F-Troop behind them!

Agree with Older, from what I’ve seen the lino’s are getting some unnecessary abuse off supporters and strikers that don’t know the new rule for their “late” flag which ain’t their fault! Stupid rule change, if you’re offside, you’re off no need to wait another 10 seconds! 👎🏽👎🏽👎🏽

On 08/08/2019 at 17:36, Mike Odgers said:

Attendance 253

Since the Peninsula era (2007) the Best Bickland League gate was 366 v St.Blazey (4-0) during the Ground Hop 2009/10

The next best League Att. was 252 v Bodmin Town (1-5)  2011/12

In this time the best gate was   497v Truro City in the F A Cup (0-4) 2008/9

In the F A Vase 220 V Buckland Athletic (5-2) 2011/12

In thw SWL Cup 206 v Perranporth (3-2) 2009/10

The only other +200  was Boxing Day 205  v Helston (1-0) 2015/16

A couple of good gates at Kernick Road

210  F A Vase 2007/08   Penryn 0--Falmouth 2

280  C.S.Cup  2008/09 Penryn 4--Falmouth 1

Chip pan on fire then "Older"