Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Cornwall Combination League Results - Tuesday 9th April 2019

Results for
Tuesday 9th April 2019
Mullion (Archie Rutterford) 1-1 Porthleven Reserves (OG) 
Att - 30
Perranwell (David Standing 2, Jack Rapsey, Rob Pell, Adam Selley) 5-0 Carharrack 
Att - 19
Redruth United (Louis Matthews) 1-4 St Just (Jack Willis 3, Ashley Ellis) 
Att - 40
St Agnes (???) 1-3 Penryn Athletic (Harry Roberts, Luke Luke Osborne, Alex Hayhoe) 
Att - 40
Wendron United Reserves (Ben Coleman 2) 2-2 Lizard Argyle (Fred Williams, Luke Higgs)
Att - 36

Perranwell 5 Carharrack 0

A better performance from Carharrack than Saturday's!

Goals on 18, 34, 35 (pen), 51, 74. Carharrack's 'keeper kept the score down with some excellent saves, especially in the 2nd half.

Worthy of a bigger crowd. Nice to see Rappo there, proudly watching his lad Jack, who got one of the goals. Real family affair, though, with Perranwell's manager taking the field for the last 15 or so, so he could play alongside his 16 yr old son. I'm sure lots of dads (and, these days, mums) would love to be able to do that! With nervously proud wife/mum watching, too, having served the half-time teas (£1) in jolly paper cups complete with seasonal snowman motif! Lovely club.

3 minutes ago, Tom Trust said:

Perranwell 5 Carharrack 0

A better performance from Carharrack than Saturday's!

Goals on 18, 34, 35 (pen), 51, 74. Carharrack's 'keeper kept the score down with some excellent saves, especially in the 2nd half.

Worthy of a bigger crowd. Nice to see Rappo there, proudly watching his lad Jack, who got one of the goals. Real family affair, though, with Perranwell's manager taking the field for the last 15 or so, so he could play alongside his 16 yr old son. I'm sure lots of dads (and, these days, mums) would love to be able to do that! With nervously proud wife/mum watching, too, having served the half-time teas (£1) in jolly paper cups complete with seasonal snowman motif! Lovely club.

Just wanted to add that Carharrack lads were a credit to their club, played with real passion, commitment and battled for 90 minutes despite the score. Be great to see that passion carry them into next season's Combo, they deserve to survive as a club with that heart and lads playing for the shirt. Wish Richard and the lads all have the best for keeping it together.

5 minutes ago, isaac rosenberg said:

The usual paleolithic panjandrum of pathetic puerile pettiness from Helston, Mr Fixture fixer, up to his usual cunning stunts. No Newquay to send us to any more. Shame.

Would it have killed anyone to play this as one more Saturday match in May - no wonder the game is struggling for players with this kind of madness being perpetrated by the league!

8 hours ago, Smiler said:

Is there a lot of difference St Agnes v Penryn Athletic for this fixture?

About 22 miles for the round trip!

Same old story 2 games in a row for mullion. Controlled most of the game but couldn't hit a barn door this evening. Created many chances but lacked the composure in front of goal. Port kept working hard and were bolstered by the standard 3 first team players who made a difference to the core of their squad. Mullion still will feel a big two points dropped tonight. 

7 hours ago, Uni said:

Same old story 2 games in a row for mullion. Controlled most of the game but couldn't hit a barn door this evening. Created many chances but lacked the composure in front of goal. Port kept working hard and were bolstered by the standard 3 first team players who made a difference to the core of their squad. Mullion still will feel a big two points dropped tonight. 

Have Well

9 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

They need to sort themselves out at home Rodney. 6 away wins now but only 2 at home once you take away the West Cornwall game. 

Yes....only the ninth time in around 60 years that St Just will end with a better away record than at home. Porthkeven not turning up and being beaten nil nil when we would gave scored ten (Vidal); tge wiping out if a 7 nil win against West Cornwall; the failure of St Teath to arrive in the Senior Cup; and. Best if all, the mysterious disappearance of the referee to some other shopping trip when we were meant to play Helston Reserves(Johnny Baby). So that the rearrangement could be a little more fortuitously timed. I won't bore you with any complex language like "old crook" and "a fix" because they would not he appropriate tunes to whistle on thus most esteemed mouth organ if tge great and good of Cornish hoofball. Shandies ? Me ? No, I am always like this. Even at 7.34 am. Off to fight my way past the hysterical crowds kesping ecstaticslly off the Don Rogers Stand to celebrate Jack Willis's forensic dissection if the Redruth Town defence. Clijah Croft will have seen nothing quite like it since Murdoch gave the town electricity. Wish I could have been there ! 

45 minutes ago, isaac rosenberg said:

Have Well

Yes....only the ninth time in around 60 years that St Just will end with a better away record than at home. Porthkeven not turning up and being beaten nil nil when we would gave scored ten (Vidal); tge wiping out if a 7 nil win against West Cornwall; the failure of St Teath to arrive in the Senior Cup; and. Best if all, the mysterious disappearance of the referee to some other shopping trip when we were meant to play Helston Reserves(Johnny Baby). So that the rearrangement could be a little more fortuitously timed. I won't bore you with any complex language like "old crook" and "a fix" because they would not he appropriate tunes to whistle on thus most esteemed mouth organ if tge great and good of Cornish hoofball. Shandies ? Me ? No, I am always like this. Even at 7.34 am. Off to fight my way past the hysterical crowds kesping ecstaticslly off the Don Rogers Stand to celebrate Jack Willis's forensic dissection if the Redruth Town defence. Clijah Croft will have seen nothing quite like it since Murdoch gave the town electricity. Wish I could have been there ! 

On form there isaac...you (St)just won't go away...knives in the back is a big no no these days!

On ‎08‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 16:03, Postman Pat said:

I see that Illogan have informed peninsula league they no longer want to join 

To be fair illogan went up and travelled, lost players and got relegated and now they have lost over a third of their games this year. no wonder they don't want to go up.

45 minutes ago, winston said:

To be fair illogan went up and travelled, lost players and got relegated and now they have lost over a third of their games this year. no wonder they don't want to go up.

Seems like a backward step for a well established club. The new combo looks like it'll be made up from alot of junior sides and all the clubs with the good facilities could be in the new st.piran league. 

19 minutes ago, Tom Trust said:

One for Older, this, or Dave Deacon? What am I hearing about the Combo being downgraded to Junior level next season? Now I know the words "junior" and "senior" don't apply today but this was a fear I heard expressed by people watching a local game.

Couldn't tell you buddy...I'm not in any sort of loop to answer that.

27 minutes ago, Tom Trust said:

One for Older, this, or Dave Deacon? What am I hearing about the Combo being downgraded to Junior level next season? Now I know the words "junior" and "senior" don't apply today but this was a fear I heard expressed by people watching a local game.

John Roberts has done about as much to preserve the senior reputation of the Combo League as Attila the Hun did to make Dressage an Olympic sport.

1 minute ago, isaac rosenberg said:

John Roberts has done about as much to preserve the senior reputation of the Combo League as Attila the Hun did to make Dressage an Olympic sport.

So, Tom, St Just away in Carharrack's last game of the season ! Is it worth me driving down from Stroud ? Will there he eleven available men in red ?

13 hours ago, Tom Trust said:

County Rule 3 - unchanged for 2019-20:

3.    Ranking Of Leagues

In open aged 11-a-side football the seniority of individual clubs shall be determined by the League and/or Division in which they play in the FA National League System.  Clubs playing in Recreational Leagues outside the FA’s National League System shall be similarly ranked.  Recreational Leagues under the jurisdiction of this Association shall be ranked as follows: 

Ranking

Saturday Football

Sunday Football

Women’s Football

East Cornwall Premier League

Cornwall Combination League

Cornwall Sunday League      

Cornwall Women’s Football League

Duchy League

Trelawny League

Cornwall Veterans League

The only real change is the St Piran League becoming the most senior County League as the FA policy is for Step 7 leagues to be county based. 

14 hours ago, Tom Trust said:

They probably mean Tom that the Combo might be diluted by  some of the "better" sides going into the new Step 7 league and it presumably taking the chance to reduce its numbers.

Combo stays same level as it is now.

11 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

They probably mean Tom that the Combo might be diluted by  some of the "better" sides going into the new Step 7 league and it presumably taking the chance to reduce its numbers.

Combo stays same level as it is now.

The way it’s going Dave the better combo sides have made the decision to stay where they are 

21 hours ago, Postman Pat said:

This takes the feeder league statement to another level, the biggest problem being 

1. How many clubs want to come up

2. How many clubs can or can get ground grading to gain promotion 

At the moment Pat we have 18 applicants for 14 vacancies so we're ok from that perspective.

Only 5 of the applicants needed ground grading and the process is underway and going well.  The FA have allowed a 2 year dispensation period to remedy any grading shortcomings identified so failing grading will not stop a club being accepted into St Piran unless it would be impossible to rectify whatever the club fails on within that period. A viable plan and an undertaking to rectify anything that could be done would be required.

All of that means that, as we stand, the Combo would be down to 9 or 10 and need 6 or 7 to get up to 16.  I believe there are 6 interested. Combo ground grading is a whole other subject but most of those interested would meet what is currently in their rules.