Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth Town v St Blazey This Saturday!!

Town 2, Blazey 3.

All good things come to an end.

Town missed chances today and also didn't really have any luck with most of the myriad of goalmouth scrambles, which were a result of the rapidly deteriorating muddy pitch. Nothing seemed to fall for them.

Town seemed to create more chances but in the end, Blazey were more cynical and took the chances they had.

Ex-Town skipper Joe Cooper is looking much fitter these days and handled league's leading scorer Jack Bray-Evans with ease today.

A few out-of control sliding challenges from Olly Brokenshire went largely unpunished today. A different ref would probably have issued more than the yellow card given.

Town should still get promoted and deservingly so. However, a question mark stands on how equipped they are against strong powerful teams and also how they deal with heavy pitches where they are not able to play their normal skilful and high-tempo game.

Well done to Blazey today. In the end, they held on well and gave their decent travelling support a great day out.

3 minutes ago, The Town Man said:

Town 2, Blazey 3.

All good things come to an end.

Town missed chances today and also didn't really have any luck with most of the myriad of goalmouth scrambles, which were a result of the rapidly deteriorating muddy pitch. Nothing seemed to fall for them.

Town seemed to create more chances but in the end, Blazey were more cynical and took the chances they had.

Ex-Town skipper Joe Cooper is looking much fitter these days and handled league's leading scorer Jack Bray-Evans with ease today.

A few out-of control sliding challenges from Olly Brokenshire went largely unpunished today. A different ref would probably have issued more than the yellow card given.

Town should still get promoted and deservingly so. However, a question mark stands on how equipped they are against strong powerful teams and also how they deal with heavy pitches where they are not able to play their normal skilful and high-tempo game.

Well done to Blazey today. In the end, they held on well and gave their decent travelling support a great day out.

Is that it??? Not much of a match report. And another ex Helston player to blame. Oh dear.

Great entertainment at Falmouth for £6 this afternoon in the persistent rain. Played like a cup tie in worsen conditions which added to the excitement, helped by a vocal 500 plus crowd. It felt bigger than a standard league game. Well done to all St Blazey and Falmouth players and supporters, not forgetting the ref who was sensible and consistent throughout.

4 minutes ago, The Town Man said:

Just a supporter. Read the Packet if you want more.

Why isn't he a current Helston player? Wrong county?

Not good enough anymore but good enough to beat you lot lol. 🤣🤣🤣

Just now, Yourhavingalaugh said:

Great entertainment at Falmouth for £6 this afternoon in the persistent rain. Played like a cup tie in worsen conditions which added to the excitement, helped by a vocal 500 plus crowd. It felt bigger than a standard league game. Well done to all St Blazey and Falmouth players and supporters, not forgetting the ref who was sensible and consistent throughout.

£6??? Wow!! For local league junior football. Falmouth not going bang again are they??

9 minutes ago, le boss said:

Is that it??? Not much of a match report. And another ex Helston player to blame. Oh dear.

No qualms from me Bash ! St bazey took there chances we didn't. F troop applauded blazey in the clubhouse after and deservedly so .Like the Murphys we're  not bitter.👍 Shame Liam doesn't play  for Helston ,bit of a Goldie situation I suppose .just seen your attendance 75 .Please tell me there there's 1 missing from the front of that figure .😳

Just now, mattelot said:

No qualms from me Bash ! St bazey took there chances we didn't. F troop applauded blazey in the clubhouse after and deservedly so .Like the Murphys we're  not bitter.👍 Shame Liam doesn't play  for Helston ,bit of a Goldie situation I suppose .just seen your attendance 75 .Please tell me there there's 1 missing from the front of that figure .😳

No. 75 was it. The rest were at the Mecca supporting Blazey with all them ex has-beens. Hope the Falmouth/Blazey/Porthleven reunion went well and they did it for free🤣🤣🤣

Falmouth Town 2v3 St Blazey. Att.531 Away.105. 

A brilliant day out. Supporters had packed into the St Blazey clubhouse from 10am before the two coaches arrived just before 12pm. Arrived at Falmouth around 1.15pm where the clubhouse was already busy but was now packed out. The bar four deep at least all afternoon. Well done to the gentleman and the four or five ladies behind the bar who didn't stop all afternoon. They certainly earned their wages thats for sure. I'd imagine they made a few quid.🍺 

St Blazey despite being behind early on never panicked and worked their way back in the game and equalised before half time to the delight of the travelling fans. In the second half the pitch became very heavy and you felt the game could be decided on a slip or a ball not reaching someone. St Blazey went in front with a Cooper header against his former club and then Falmouth looked short of ideas for a while. A goal out of nothing really made it 2v2. Despite thinking the worst it was Liam Eddy who scored the winner poking the ball home from close range to send St Blazey supporters home very happy. 

The coaches left at 7pm so a chance to have a chat with everyone in the clubhouse after. Falmouth treble winning side were there and several familiar faces to St Blazey supporters. 

And so back to St Blazey were several went back to our clubhouse for one more. 

A few highlights from a very soggy Bickland Park. 

Congratulations Paul-sorry I was not there but reports coming back to me Blazey deserved winners who adapted better to the conditions--Looking at the video those supporters "On view" were rightly passionate and a credit to the "Green & Blacks".

It should be another football occasion for the return fixture at Blaise Park.

Brought back memories of the very first game in The SWPL 2007 when Falmouth 2-0 up lost 2-3 with the last kick of the game here at Bickland-Do you remember?

The great run comes to an end.  25 consecutive SWPL victories (5 from last season)-The best ever in Falmouth's 72 year history easily passing the 21 winning SWL streak in 1973/74.

Hello Mike. Shame you couldn't make it. Yes I remember that game. Opening day of the season. Falmouth 2 goals up after 80 odd minutes. St Blazey hadn't really shown much threat. Then they scored 3 times in those remaining minutes and stole all 3 points. Unbelievable start to the season. Hope your keeping well Mike and if you fancy the return game at Blaise Park and want a car park space inside the ground let me know. 

3 hours ago, Paul said:

A brilliant day out. Supporters had packed into the St Blazey clubhouse from 10am before the two coaches arrived just before 12pm. Arrived at Falmouth around 1.15pm where the clubhouse was already busy but was now packed out. The bar four deep at least all afternoon. Well done to the gentleman and the four or five ladies behind the bar who didn't stop all afternoon. They certainly earned their wages thats for sure. I'd imagine they made a few quid.🍺 

St Blazey despite being behind early on never panicked and worked their way back in the game and equalised before half time to the delight of the travelling fans. In the second half the pitch became very heavy and you felt the game could be decided on a slip or a ball not reaching someone. St Blazey went in front with a Cooper header against his former club and then Falmouth looked short of ideas for a while. A goal out of nothing really made it 2v2. Despite thinking the worst it was Liam Eddy who scored the winner poking the ball home from close range to send St Blazey supporters home very happy. 

The coaches left at 7pm so a chance to have a chat with everyone in the clubhouse after. Falmouth treble winning side were there and several familiar faces to St Blazey supporters. 

Fair play for recording and sharing but We only seen 1 goal in all of that, rather see the football than just kids singing green army.

Would of liked to seen the reaction to Falmouth goals and the winning goal. 

3 hours ago, Paul said:

Thank you for your detailed report. But did you really want to post that video with your supporters chanting “ f@@@ off Falmouth “ and other vile language? 

9 minutes ago, Non League fan said:

Thank you for your detailed report. But did you really want to post that video with your supporters chanting “ f@@@ off Falmouth “ and other vile language? 

To be fair it’s what happens at football games fans ,players , & even officials all know naughty words. 
You won’t believe this but I’ve even heard it at a rugby match 😉

33 minutes ago, Southwest football fan said:

Fair play for recording and sharing but We only seen 1 goal in all of that, rather see the football than just kids singing green army.

Not sure any of the F troop would of recorded Blazey winner as it was in front of them 🙈

4 minutes ago, MARKSY said:

To be fair it’s what happens at football games fans ,players , & even officials all know naughty words. 
You won’t believe this but I’ve even heard it at a rugby match 😉

Not sure any of the F troop would of recorded Blazey winner as it was in front of them 🙈

Haha I would of liked to seen the reaction from the blazey fans though. Looked like a good crowed.

3 hours ago, Southwest football fan said:

Unfortunately it was absolutely belting down. No point wrapping ends as everyone was in the home end under cover as it was. The roof we were under is not in best condition and the roof let's the water pour in at the back so we were not exactly dry as it was. Falmouth often have someone filming quite a bit so was hoping it would be covered. 

2 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

This certainly is a hot topic 2.600 views and 75 posts.

Question for Paul- what was St.Blazey's biggest winning SWL run during their great era  2000 to 2004 ?

I will be in touch  to sort a car space.

Not sure on consecutive victories. I'll see if I can find out. 

Best unbeaten run was 75 games which was a record for two years until A.F.C Wimbledon beat that by just 1 game as they climbed the pyramid after starting at rock bottom. 

24 minutes ago, Paul said:

Unfortunately it was absolutely belting down. No point wrapping ends as everyone was in the home end under cover as it was. The roof we were under is not in best condition and the roof let's the water pour in at the back so we were not exactly dry as it was. Falmouth often have someone filming quite a bit so was hoping it would be covered. 

Best unbeaten run was 75 games which was a record for two years until A.F.C Wimbledon beat that by just 1 game as they climbed the pyramid after starting at rock bottom. 

They only film the crowd at Falmouth unfortunately 🙁😉

57 minutes ago, Paul said:

Ever take promotion during that period ? 

On 12/02/2022 at 18:25, Way Of The Park said:

A fully fit Liam Eddy is certainly a big game player. Remember well what he did to Parkway a few years ago in the Vase when playing for St Austell.

Dont remind me of that on WOTP . Got absolutely hammered. Pants pulled right diwn 

Just now, THE BALD ONE said:

Dont remind me of that on WOTP . Got absolutely hammered. Pants pulled right diwn 

One

No one does a match report its just like someone write something then everyone else copies them ,I would of liked to hear what the game was like The Blazey team now would have no trouble in the Western league but the majority of the team are in there 30s and the 2 birthday boys yesterday are no spring chickens . I cannot see all the players in that Falmouth team wanting to play in the Western league especially the ones with young families , how would they manage in a midweek game say up to Bristol when they been at work all day im not sure they will take promotion . No one else could of gone to Wadebridge cant blame you i was standing out in the awful weather taking photos and Smokie was shaking with the cold .

In the WADEBRIDGE game a very controversal decision by the ref he awarded a goal when everyone said the ball had gone through a gap in the side netting that was quickly tied down but not before the Wendron team had a right go at the ref with foul language as well ,i think he knew he made a mistake by giving the goal good job it wasnt the winning goal the poor ref would of been lynched the linesman in front of me even said he thought it was a goal . It said Wendrons winner was a worldy i was on the way home to Newquay by then just wandering who scored it Jack Noy had scored twice thats about it really the weather was so bad but i love it .On to the G on Saturday where the brilliant Wendron team will be playing so come along and see a good game 

Edited by 100%cornish
spelling mistake

6 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

In the WADEBRIDGE game a very controversal decision by the ref he awarded a goal when everyone said the ball had gone through a gap in the side netting that was quickly tied down but not before the Wendron team had a right go at the ref with foul language as well ,i think he knew he made a mistake by giving the goal good job it wasnt the winning goal the poor ref would of been lynched the linesman in front of me even said he thought it was a goal . It said Wendrons winner was a worldy i was on the way home to Newquay by then just wandering who scored it Jack Noy had scored twice thats about it really the weather was so bad but i love it .On to the G on Saturday where the brilliant Wendron team will be playing so come along and see a good game 

The word from the Wadebridge officials was that the ball went through the keeper’s legs. I was amazed it went in from such a tight angle. They do record the matches and claimed to have reviewed it immediately. The ref said he would be interested to see it after the game.

2 hours ago, Paul said:

Fair enough 👍

4 hours ago, Tribute said:

I was in the Falmouth end and their reaction, or some , was to call the Lino , the ref , Liam and anyone else to be honest , cheating counts . Or I think that’s what they said 

There certainly some unsavoury comments coming from the home crowd in the 2nd half. 
The wry smile from the referee while he attended to an injured player in the box indicated that he heard it all too.

Perhaps the F-Troop aren’t quite as family friendly as they make out.

Although the same can be said for the ‘green army’ that travelled with St Blazey.

Football matches in general just aren’t family friendly anymore I’m afraid.

24 minutes ago, FootballChat said:

There certainly some unsavoury comments coming from the home crowd in the 2nd half. 
The wry smile from the referee while he attended to an injured player in the box indicated that he heard it all too.

Perhaps the F-Troop aren’t quite as family friendly as they make out.

Although the same can be said for the ‘green army’ that travelled with St Blazey.

Football matches in general just aren’t family friendly anymore I’m afraid.

There were a few supporters from both sides who had a few to many and got a bit gobby. But on the whole it wasn't that bad. 

Before and after in the clubhouse both sets of supporters were chatting and drinking together. Brilliant atmosphere. No sign of any trouble what so ever. 

It was a big game. Both sides have a lot to play for and the crowd were there to see it. 

Don't let the few let it down for what was a great game played in awful conditions and on the day could have gone anyway. Better than winning 6v0 or 7v1 any day. 

41 minutes ago, Paul said:

There were a few supporters from both sides who had a few to many and got a bit gobby. But on the whole it wasn't that bad. 

Before and after in the clubhouse both sets of supporters were chatting and drinking together. Brilliant atmosphere. No sign of any trouble what so ever. 

It was a big game. Both sides have a lot to play for and the crowd were there to see it. 

Don't let the few let it down for what was a great game played in awful conditions and on the day could have gone anyway. Better than winning 6v0 or 7v1 any day. 

Very true , cracking day out 👍

8 hours ago, silly billy said:

Who asked that question? Just seems like your clutching at straws to big up Falmouth after losing yesterday 🙄

Most clubs would love to be in Falmouth positions right now! Top of the league, record crowds and a thriving clubhouse. Let’s me honest your all clutching at straws!!! Yes time will tell if it lasts but isn’t that life in general!