Cornwall Football Forum

ORLANDO ANKER

1 hour ago, Way Of The Park said:

Giving some of the youngsters we've heard about a run in the team, or trimming the wage bill as the chance of promotion has now gone for this season?

Well Matt wright wage packet has gone that must have free up a huge chunk. Does seem odd  to concentrate on next season when technically there still lots to play for this season . 

2 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Well Matt wright wage packet has gone that must have free up a huge chunk. Does seem odd  to concentrate on next season when technically there still lots to play for this season . 

Plus Billy Tucker and Ryan Turner. Bringing them down from North Devon would not have been cheap.

On 17/03/2022 at 09:50, Way Of The Park said:

Giving some of the youngsters we've heard about a run in the team, or trimming the wage bill as the chance of promotion has now gone for this season?

Signed by Massey to put one over on Dane Bunney and now dumped despite fans thinking he has played well. How about having a largely settled squad, coach and organise them well, rather thqn hire and fire on a whim. Prefer well coached squads, not playing hoofball to chequebook 'management' and a  high turnover of players.

2 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Signed for Helston according to their twatter account.

Good to see he's giving one of their youngsters a run in the side....

1 hour ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Signed by Massey to put one over on Dane Bunney and now dumped despite fans thinking he has played well. How about having a largely settled squad, coach and organise them well, rather thqn hire and fire on a whim. Prefer well coached squads, not playing hoofball to chequebook 'management' and a  high turnover of players.

Mousehole and Saltash (and also Tavistock) do seem to have some sort of strategy and plan behind the players they bring in. Helston do seem a bit hire and fire (as Massey himself said years ago "if players become available, you go and get them. Work out later how you're going to use them.")

Good to see he's giving one of their youngsters a run in the side....

Mousehole and Saltash (and also Tavistock) do seem to have some sort of strategy and plan behind the players they bring in. Helston do seem a bit hire and fire (as Massey himself said years ago "if players become available, you go and get them. Work out later how you're going to 

Buying collections of talented individuals doesn't usually give you a cohesive squad or necessarily desired outcomes. Some coach and build teams, others lash the case - and, no, not specifically aiming this at Helston alone. Even Mass has noted there's a wealth of youth talent there, lets see more of them!

Still a lot of love for you Stu. People like an honest, heart on the sleeve player with a bit of character.

I appreciate that, I really do 🙌🏻 Game has changed not so many characters left now, the biggest compliment I’ve ever been paid is I’m hated by whatever opposition I play against 🤷🏼‍♂️ Must be doing something right lol 

I myself think Helston is a great team its just 1 man i cant stand i do have my reasons i know he doesnt like me . Pity Orlando didnt go to Saltash and then score against Helston when they met up ,i dont think Orlando is good enough for Tiverton i saw him play lots of times when he wasnt a sub and he always seem to greedy on the ball to me . Helston had a brilliant young players set up but that team was broken up and they have gone on to other teams . Good luck to Orlando pity he didnt return to Newquay and good luck to the Helston team 

2 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Still a lot of love for you Stu. People like an honest, heart on the sleeve player with a bit of character.

Entirely agree  Always prefer Bowks in a team you support than playing agaunst you. 100% commitment, leads the line well, unsettles defenders qnd sxores goals  Definitely in the Stu B fan club. Great to see he's done ao well at Helston. That doesn't mean one can't be critical of the revolving door that is the Blues squad.

34 minutes ago, Stu B said:

I appreciate that, I really do 🙌🏻 Game has changed not so many characters left now, the biggest compliment I’ve ever been paid is I’m hated by whatever opposition I play against 🤷🏼‍♂️ Must be doing something right lol 

Loved Bowks in the Bucks shirt. I still remember his reaction leaving the field after the Vase win at Tavi. Loves winning & scoring goals. Great panto villan for away fans.... just like the Lanson legend the Waltz!! Bowks fan club member. Good luck for the rest of the season Stu.

27 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

I myself think Helston is a great team its just 1 man i cant stand i do have my reasons i know he doesnt like me . Pity Orlando didnt go to Saltash and then score against Helston when they met up ,i dont think Orlando is good enough for Tiverton i saw him play lots of times when he wasnt a sub and he always seem to greedy on the ball to me . Helston had a brilliant young players set up but that team was broken up and they have gone on to other teams . Good luck to Orlando pity he didnt return to Newquay and good luck to the Helston team 

Not sure they were a young team. Even Liam and Goldie are getting on a bit now - sorry you two lol. It’s been said many times that there is a dearth of youngsters good enough and/or willing to stick at it. Yes there are a few but not the numbers that many allude to. 

19 hours ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Buying collections of talented individuals doesn't usually give you a cohesive squad or necessarily desired outcomes. Some coach and build teams, others lash the case - and, no, not specifically aiming this at Helston alone. Even Mass has noted there's a wealth of youth talent there, lets see more of them!

Is the young talent there Jewell and storey are youngsters who play and proved they are good enough have any others done anything yet ? At any level let alone western league .  All the negativity around helston but I tell you what they ain’t in a bad state for 1st year in the western league . 

On 19/03/2022 at 10:37, le boss said:

Not sure they were a young team. Even Liam and Goldie are getting on a bit now - sorry you two lol. It’s been said many times that there is a dearth of youngsters good enough and/or willing to stick at it. Yes there are a few but not the numbers that many allude to. 

I’m only 30 Bash, behave yourself 🤣

• 3 months later...