Cornwall Football Forum

ORLANDO ANKER

12 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

He was a Trialist playing for Parkway and Bodmin last week ,it would be nice to see him back in a Newquay shirt he does entertain and is very skillful but a greedy player but i would love to see him back at Mt wise 

I agree enjoyed watching him at mt wise last season but was equally frustrating. Newquay had a young chap playing right wing in the first half Saturday I thought looked very fast and useful. Also had a lad upfront second half who looked lively, great movement and runs but wasn’t found enough. Newquay have missed that kind of movement ever since JBE left last season. My standout performer was their centre midfielder playing alongside fallens. Great performance, looked young, to be honest the majority of the team looks extremely young this season which may be a problem with some of the big signings other teams have made this year. I think blazey may win this year 

Guys - why is the a whole thread about a player who, to my (poor local) knowledge is completely unproved at any level? Having read the posts -!- Actually ‘Googled’ him and appears all that’s there is posted by him - the lad does not lack self confidence. Good luck to him - never proved himself or stayed anywhere  for a season but has his own thread and will probably get a good contract out of it. 

46 minutes ago, Cornishfootyfanatic said:

I was told nqy have no money to invest in big signing orlando playing for big $ now, he wont go back there. Bigger and better things now 

I watched Newquay last weekend and I don’t think they will miss him. Had a fast right winger who looked good and stronger, and a new chap up front second half with great movement. Orlando as it’s been said many times before on here is skillfull but for Newquay always went to ground to easy and left the first chance he got and doesn’t seem to of settled since 

24 minutes ago, Tavi Fan said:

He’s on about moving back to London to play semi pro football? Does he have a job or does he earn good money at playing football?

He honestly an average footballer at best don’t get this fascination with him. 

better players in the the Dutchy  and trewlany leagues. 

27 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

He honestly an average footballer at best don’t get this fascination with him. 

better players in the the Dutchy  and trewlany leagues. 

I just don’t get how someone is prepared to move from Cornwall back to London just to play football! Unless he has a wealthy background?

11 hours ago, Tavi Fan said:

I just don’t get how someone is prepared to move from Cornwall back to London just to play football! Unless he has a wealthy background?

I’ve seen on Twitter he can’t get a club locally, assuming no one can pay him what he was on with helston? Maybe overpriced himself? Don’t know him, always fought he was good player at NQY but sounds like people dont like him here? 

Can we all lay off this lad please he’s very very young he’s a little naive yes but he’s just still just a young kid!! He’s trying to play the highest level he can! What’s wrong with that?? He was running rings round lads in SWPL league! There’s a lot of lads with talent that sit in the swpl league bullying teams and not testing themselves because their big fish in little ponds! Please lay off the kid because I know for a fact he’s read some of this and it has affected him and upset him that’s all I’ll say on it 

8 hours ago, Stu B said:

Can we all lay off this lad please he’s very very young he’s a little naive yes but he’s just still just a young kid!! He’s trying to play the highest level he can! What’s wrong with that?? He was running rings round lads in SWPL league! There’s a lot of lads with talent that sit in the swpl league bullying teams and not testing themselves because their big fish in little ponds! Please lay off the kid because I know for a fact he’s read some of this and it has affected him and upset him that’s all I’ll say on it 

Nicely said.

This of course is the other side to social media. 

Orlando is a very skillful player and showed lovely skill for the G VS Torpoint on Friday night he dis get fouled by the Torpoing player after 5 mins but then went down like he was shot when no one touched him , i would like to see him in a G shirt hes a entertainer and people like entertainers you never know what hes going to do next ,i think he will end up back at Newquay could be just what they need with no one up front worth taking a gamble on him and put him in a centre forward position .

I wish Orlando all the best wherever he ends up at 

On 15/07/2022 at 00:10, Stu B said:

Exactly this, a young lad trying to play as high as he can. Were all allowed opinions on footballers, that's why the forum is here but lets keep it nice. I think we can all agree the league would be a more boring place were he not in it. He entertains, and divides opinion

44 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Orlando is a very skillful player and showed lovely skill for the G VS Torpoint on Friday night he dis get fouled by the Torpoing player after 5 mins but then went down like he was shot when no one touched him , i would like to see him in a G shirt hes a entertainer and people like entertainers you never know what hes going to do next ,i think he will end up back at Newquay could be just what they need with no one up front worth taking a gamble on him and put him in a centre forward position .

I wish Orlando all the best wherever he ends up at 

Didn't know he had played at Godolphin until the other day, is he not signing for them then? Just getting game time?

Newquay need someone, we are looking extremely weak upfront this season, I saw a comment on here the other day from a chap that apparently the Bovey lads were saying that 11 was no where near there first 11 they will have come the cup match and yet we only scraped a 1-0 win, and truth be told but for our keeper we would of lost about 5-1. No creativity or experience up top at all,  does worry me for the season. Orlando very well could end up back with us at Mountwise, it wouldn't surprise me based on what we have right now.

The lad just needs a decent manager to get hold of him and spend a season with a team  learning the game  . There Obviously some talent there just needs coaching. 
shame most teams just want the finished product no time to nurture a rough diamond any more. Possible why he finding it hard to settle. 

I watched him play for Bodmin last week and thought he played very well.  

It wouldn’t hurt to park himself at Bodmin for a season and get plenty of minutes under his belt 

A bit like Rubin Wilson. A step back to regroup to take 2 forward again.