Cornwall Football Forum

Will the Season Finish

So that's it. The FA has decided quite rightly that season 2019-2020 not only is over but will be expunged. In simple terms it never happened.

But it did. It was the season I reignited my passion for Saltash United. I got to go to some brilliant new grounds like Wendron, St Dennis. I nearly froze to the bone at Dobwalls in January. I saw my team literally destroy Bodmin 6-0 at home. And beat Helston in the league cup having been down at half time.

The lads were on the cusp of getting into 3 cup semis, 3rd in league with 6 games in hand on 2nd and promotion. So 2019- 2020 season did happen. But now, all that matters is that we all stay safe and we'll meet in July, laugh, enjoy a simple pint or a cup of tea.

And that's far more important than just an 'expunged'.

So looks like thats the season over with roll on pre season friendlies now .At  least my team the g dont get relegated but got to feel for Helston and Saltash who wont get there promotion now .I had suggsted the top 4 teams play off to see who went up and the bottom 4 played off to see who went down but im just a ordinary supporter who hasnt got the knowledge of the big wigs who says what happens in th league . Was looking forward to seeing some footy when it resumes but thats a long time off now and i cant wait ,Just hope im still around when it starts again

Just for the record Clovid is an animal virus which for many thousands of years could only be passed from one animal to another, it then mutated to enable it to be passed from animals to humans but not from human to human.  Until now, it mutated again so it could be passed from person to person  but because our immune system doesn't recognize animal viruses it can't fight it until you get it, then you should be immune to it the only other way is a vaccine which could be 2 years away, so football pales into insignificance in the grand scheme of things. Stay home stay safe.

Just look at what certain countries do and eat when it comes to facilitating cross species contamination! 

2 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

So looks like thats the season over with roll on pre season friendlies now .At  least my team the g dont get relegated but got to feel for Helston and Saltash who wont get there promotion now .I had suggsted the top 4 teams play off to see who went up and the bottom 4 played off to see who went down but im just a ordinary supporter who hasnt got the knowledge of the big wigs who says what happens in th league . Was looking forward to seeing some footy when it resumes but thats a long time off now and i cant wait ,Just hope im still around when it starts again

Stay well Cornish. 

20 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Thanks Older just talked to my dr  and he confirmed i have got the Corona Virus bloody coughing and breathing not good so self isolating and Smokie having to keep his legs crossed .Hope to see everyone in the new season .Take Care i wouldnt wish this on anyone

Take care buddy...and all the very best from me to you and Smokie. 

51 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Thanks Older just talked to my dr  and he confirmed i have got the Corona Virus bloody coughing and breathing not good so self isolating and Smokie having to keep his legs crossed .Hope to see everyone in the new season .Take Care i wouldnt wish this on anyone

Look after yourself 100%cornish. 👍

54 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Take care Cornish & get well soon. Godolphin will need your support again next season. 👍🏼

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Take care mate, get well and I'll see you at Godolphin Way hopefully in the not to distant future.

All the best from everyone at the G

Thanks everyone its scarey im getting out of breath just sitting in the garden ,i was 1 of the doubters thinking it was all being exaggerated now i have it so its not , See you in the new season Savo and you got some really good players at the G  no doubt some of the ex G who decided to move to Newquay will be back and the new season will be a lot better than this 1 .See you all in the New Season hopefully .Take Care everyone this virus is no joke at all

Thankyou everyone for your kind messages not too good at the moment my breathing is not too good and Smokie is missing his long walks and we are both missing our football .I got my partner home from work and shes helping me a lot ,but if this self isolating goes on for too long i maybe in Dartmoor Prison on a murder charge .Take Care all you lovely people hope none of you get this awful Virus i wouldnt wish this on my worst enemy not even Leeds United Lol