Cornwall Football Forum

Allen released!

5 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

River Allen released today! So who’s made this decision I wonder.

Could be Mr "Chequebooks" first stand. it is a worry.

Is he the first of many whilst reducing the wage bill

The supporters need answers, a boost like showing an interest in where we go from here.

Our PPG is the best of the relegated teams our doorway back to the National League.NOW

42 minutes ago, NTforever said:

I don’t think that’s the case after seeing Allen’s comments 

Fair enough 👍 Just thought he might have wanted to play at the higher level.

8 minutes ago, secretscout said:

You say this may be looking to reduce the wage bill but River hadn't been paid for 2 months!

Gate receipts and advertising boards not enough to cover outgoings. I know it's a novel idea but all clubs at this level should work within their means and not rely on being bank-rolled! 

2 hours ago, Goldeneye said:

Perhaps the player wanted to leave and the club reluctantly let him go.

I feel one of my songs coming on, it's from that well know indian crooner Arnold Dorsey  better known as Engelburt Humperdinck, it's back to 1967 with "Please release me let me go" Seriously though is that the third time he's been at Truro now and came back? :c:

17 minutes ago, Rayvon said:

I feel one of my songs coming on, it's from that well know indian crooner Arnold Dorsey  better known as Engelburt Humperdinck, it's back to 1967 with "Please release me let me go" Seriously though is that the third time he's been at Truro now and came back? :c:

Perhaps it should be "Here I go again" -Hollies 1964

57 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

Perhaps it should be "Here I go again" -Hollies 1964

Perhaps he doesn't like " The air that I breathe" down in Truro, or even "We're through" Things are beginning to happen up at Treyew Road already the car park is fenced off. Anyone want to buy a coach, guaranteed to get you from a2b, ah that's another one "Bus stop" see what I did there. #️⃣

22 hours ago, Rayvon said:

Perhaps he doesn't like " The air that I breathe" down in Truro, or even "We're through" Things are beginning to happen up at Treyew Road already the car park is fenced off. Anyone want to buy a coach, guaranteed to get you from a2b, ah that's another one "Bus stop" see what I did there. #️⃣

😁too much time sat on the rank ray ! 

Think he is more concerned about the money he hasn’t received yet which is understandable.

It wouldn’t be fair to name my source on here but keep it in mind he’ll be on the Bolitho turf next season.

Money was too good to turn down apparently and being on his doorstep, was a pretty much no brainer for him.

Dont be surprised to see a few more follow suit to Parkway from Truro this for the coming season.

2 hours ago, THE BALD ONE said:

Lol..... "You took the words right out of my mouth ...... boom

How long before Truro and Parkway are in the same league then Bald One just as a matter of interest.. River Allen just an average player in the NLS imo. :c:

The club have ambition and the finances to match, good on them I say!!  To Quote I believe Curtis Mayfield "Hush now child, and don't you cry. Your folks might understand you, by and by.
Move on up, toward your destination. You may find from time to time Complication" One of my all time favourites.  Good luck Parkway as you move on up to your destination!

23 hours ago, Richard Rundle said:

I'd have thought the bulk of the Truro side were way below average NLS players, otherwise they wouldn't have finished in a relegation position.

I cannot entirely agree with you Richard because only 8 clubs scored more goals than Truro - on the other hand we had the worst defensive record in the league, there lay the problem.

50/50, some ok others questionable.

I also think its not just the defence, you have to defend as a team and I think our lightweight midfield hasn't helped.  We could have done with a couple of Marcus Martin type players his season to break things up.  As a midfielder I believe you have to create or score goals or stop them, if you can do 2 out of 3 you are worthy of a place in the team, other than Dan Rooney I can't think of anyone who fits the bill.  

4 hours ago, superdario said:

I also think its not just the defence, you have to defend as a team and I think our lightweight midfield hasn't helped.  We could have done with a couple of Marcus Martin type players his season to break things up.  As a midfielder I believe you have to create or score goals or stop them, if you can do 2 out of 3 you are worthy of a place in the team, other than Dan Rooney I can't think of anyone who fits the bill.  

I smiled with the reference to Marcus Martin (one of my favourites), back in the day it was difficult for Marcus to stay on the pitch, with today's outlook on what you cannot do I think Marcus would get a red card for lacing up his boots. I too despair about lack of bite in midfield when looking back we received so many yellow and red cards that caused our management pairing to get sacked.

2 hours ago, MOUNTAINEER said:

I smiled with the reference to Marcus Martin (one of my favourites), back in the day it was difficult for Marcus to stay on the pitch, with today's outlook on what you cannot do I think Marcus would get a red card for lacing up his boots. I too despair about lack of bite in midfield when looking back we received so many yellow and red cards that caused our management pairing to get sacked.

Marcus Martin was a walking red card, could have been one of the reasons why pro clubs never fancied him.

If my memory serves me correctly Marcus played for the Exeter City team that drew with Manchester United in the FA Cup a few years back. He was a cult hero with the Tisa boys, even had his own song which went "Marcus Martin is having a party bring your vodka and your charlie" Also had the unfortunate distinction of being the only Truro City player to be banned from the L2 nightclub. 

Marcus what a legend the other songs oh muzzie isset or is it marcus martin turkish superstar what he hated but the other players told us to keep singing ,And when banned from L2 he was on pub watch which meant he could not enter the clubhouse Class player and a great guy

1 minute ago, oliveoil said:

Marcus what a legend the other songs oh muzzie isset or is it marcus martin turkish superstar what he hated but the other players told us to keep singing ,And when banned from L2 he was on pub watch which meant he could not enter the clubhouse Class player and a great guy

Obviously a nice person! 

Wages have gone silly. 

Hereford to pay their squad in Confrence North had the gate money from 2,200 plus crowds and towards the end were using the 50/50 takings after prizes were paid out, which left £1500 per home game to pay for their squad. They were trying to survive in Confrence so kept getting more and more players in so had more and more wages to pay.

It was said that, that £1500 paid for two players, so £750 each per two games (home and away) or roughly £375 per game. 

It worked, we survived, the playing staff is being trimmed and from the start of next season the 50/50 money goes back to the Trust to buy shares in the parent club until we own 50% plus one share.