Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League current form - 2-2-19

Current form
Last 10 league games played (excludes any points deductions, etc)

Pos Team P W D L F A W D L F A GD Pts 
1 Perranporth 10 5 0 0 23 7 4 1 0 36 3 49 28 
2 Penryn Athletic 10 5 0 0 24 3 3 0 2 20 8 33 24 
3 Helston Athletic Reserves 10 5 0 0 18 1 3 0 2 20 7 30 24 
4 Perranwell 10 3 0 1 12 5 5 0 1 13 5 15 24 
5 St Ives Town 10 4 0 1 19 3 3 0 2 14 9 21 21 
6 Illogan RBL 10 4 0 1 22 8 3 0 2 8 8 14 21 
7 St Day 10 6 1 2 41 14 0 0 1 1 2 26 19 
8 Falmouth Town Reserves 10 1 0 2 6 7 5 0 2 19 8 10 18 
9 Wendron United Reserves 10 3 1 0 7 3 2 1 3 17 16 5 17 
10 St Agnes 10 3 1 0 16 4 2 1 3 9 21 0 17 
11 RNAS Culdrose 10 3 0 3 19 18 1 0 3 3 12 -8 12 
12 Pendeen Rovers 10 3 0 1 9 7 1 0 5 6 16 -8 12 
13 Mullion 10 3 0 2 14 8 0 1 4 3 16 -7 10 
14 Hayle 10 2 0 3 14 11 1 0 4 5 19 -11 9 
15 Lizard Argyle 10 1 1 3 5 12 1 1 3 10 24 -21 8 
16 Redruth United 10 2 1 4 9 17 0 0 3 3 18 -23 7 
17 Porthleven Reserves 10 1 0 5 8 33 1 0 3 10 17 -32 6 
18 St Just 10 1 1 3 9 13 0 1 4 5 17 -16 5 
19 West Cornwall 10 0 1 4 6 24 0 1 4 5 13 -26 2 
20 Carharrack 10 0 1 2 3 13 0 0 7 3 53 -60 1

48 minutes ago, Themanhimself said:

Sad news another one bites the dust. What will happen to the goals scored against west cornwall and the points teams won against them. Will teams lose that then?

It depends on the amount of fixtures played.

Without looking at ruling, I believe that if they've played under 75% of their total games, the results get expunged.

46 minutes ago, Themanhimself said:

Sad news another one bites the dust. What will happen to the goals scored against west cornwall and the points teams won against them. Will teams lose that then?

On my website I will allow any goals for or against to stand as I did when Truro City Reserves had their record expunged in 2006-07 for not fulfilling their fixtures.

The table will be altered to take out the goals but they will be kept in the scoring charts,

1 hour ago, cornishlegend said:

To give tms the chance to finish the season and play for carharrack. Good on the league helping them out. Going to be a busy end of season. 

No doubt unprecedented in the history of the league but perhaps if it saves another club folding, it’s worth a try. Let’s be fair, at this time of the year the weather could quite easily call games off at Ting Tang anyway!

From what I have been told by people distantly associated with West Cornwall, they lost all but a couple of players that were the team that got promoted.  The Reserve side was used to fill in each week and that effected there chances in the Trelawny League.  The Res players playing felt the league was too high a standard for them and the manager was let down on more and more occasions. They felt they didn't want to fight on.

29 minutes ago, Alf said:

I also think that is unfair, you could now get one of the top sides dropping points during the run in against a carharrack/Threemilestone team when other top teams have beaten them twice easily boosting there goal difference.

The tables will be amended to take off any games played against West Cornwall, goals and all. 

On my website I will keep the goals on the goal scoring charts as they have been scored. For example Perranporth beat West Cornwall 10-1 on Saturday. Those goals and points will be removed of the table but the players will keep their goals.

The official Full-time site may do it differently.

It's ok if they are going to give the points to the teams that Carharrack should be playing. The league already set a precedent by awarding Penryn the points and a 1-0 result when Carharrack couldn't raise a side, what's the difference here. Why should teams now be penalised by effectively having to play Carharrack at the end of the season when they will be stronger and teams may not have players available. Teams have already benefitted from Carharrack's plight by smashing them with double figure results, which has significantly benefitted those teams who have played them early on in terms of goal difference. Why should those who haven't yet played them now be penalised? This is particularly important for those teams looking st the St Piran's league, where the points per game ratio comes into play.

I'm all for ensuring that teams are supported to prevent them from folding, but Carharrack are not the only team struggling in the league, so why do they get special treatment? If they are going to be granted this special dispensation, then maybe all Carharrack's results for this season should be voided (points and goals) and their matches to the end of the season become void as far as the league is concerned.

Right just to put the facts straight.  I think people are very aware of Carharrack position. Its been a particular tough time for myself and our committee members.  We lost my father who was a founding member of the club, a critical committee member with a serious injury and most recently our manager left the club along with a number of players.  So do I choice to fold the club or fight on, that was the choice.  I'm not a manager but I'm also not a quitter.  So I have to step up to the plate as manager, as well as all the other roles in order to save 50 years of history.  

I asked the league to give me a period of time that I can get a team so not to fold.  It was highly likely our games would be off anyway as already a saturated pitch.  We were due to play again against West Cornwall but they folded. We have a number of players who are fighters and I want to be able to field a side.  The aim is to complete the season. I'm flattered that people are worried they might not be able to score double digits against us but would you rather us field a side or fold a club?

I really can't believe what I'm reading above.  I don't think you can void any of our points as we haven't got any.  We got a point against West Cornwall but that will now be voided. 

8 minutes ago, Richard Chown said:

Right just to put the facts straight.  I think people are very aware of Carharrack position. Its been a particular tough time for myself and our committee members.  We lost my father who was a founding member of the club, a critical committee member with a serious injury and most recently our manager left the club along with a number of players.  So do I choice to fold the club or fight on, that was the choice.  I'm not a manager but I'm also not a quitter.  So I have to step up to the plate as manager, as well as all the other roles in order to save 50 years of history.  

I asked the league to give me a period of time that I can get a team so not to fold.  It was highly likely our home games would be off as already a saturated pitch.  We were due to play again against West Cornwall but they have folded. We have a number of players who are fighters and I want to be able to field a side.  The aim is to complete the season. I'm flattered that people are worried they might not be able to score double digits against us but would you rather us field a side or fold a club?

Frankly, don't want to see any side battered by double digit results, but the fact remains that it has happened and teams that have played Carharrack currently benefit from the goals and points. No one want's to see Carharrack fold and your efforts to keep it going are respected and should be supported by the league. The principle of giving your club the breathing space to regroup is right, however the action that is being proposed has the potential to distort the league for those clubs that were due to play Carharrack during the proposed down period and the knock on effect that this has at the end of the season. Therefore, in supporting you to regroup (which is right in my view) and to be equitable to all teams in the league who have played or are yet to play you, wouldn't it remove the potential for further controversy by voiding all goals and points for matches involving Carharrack this season?

2 hours ago, Richard Chown said:

I asked the league to give me a period of time that I can get a team so not to fold.  It was highly likely our games would be off anyway as already a saturated pitch.  We were due to play again against West Cornwall but they folded. We have a number of players who are fighters and I want to be able to field a side.  The aim is to complete the season. I'm flattered that people are worried they might not be able to score double digits against us but would you rather us field a side or fold a club?

I really can't believe what I'm reading above.  I don't think you can void any of our points as we haven't got any.  We got a point against West Cornwall but that will now be voided. 

Well said Good luck hope it works. Top man for stepping in true club man 👍

I think some forget that recreational football is dwindling at an alarming rate and it shows no sign of plateauing just yet!

The league's should be doing everything in their power to help clubs to survive. Those that are currently doing well are blessed and will I'm sure, suffer this same plight when most of their players decide to jump ship or stop playing. It always comes about full circle

2 hours ago, Richard Chown said:

Spot on Rich! 

It's about saving a club from folding, nothing else. I haven't been bothered to check how it impacts Perranwell, but they must be feeling hard done by in all of this. As the 2 complaining on this post are both Perranwell, as well as the 1 person moaning on fb. So I can only assume Perranwell still have Carharrack to play, or they dropped points/ didn't score many against them earlier in the season. 

Keep up the good work Richard, your old man would be proud! 

23 minutes ago, Mr Justice said:

Seriously Andys take a look at yourself, you sound pathetic.

Thanks, I appreciate your ignorance. When the full implications of this become clear across the league as a whole, there will be more than one club shouting about it. Supporting Carharrack to regroup is the right and positive thing to do, penalising other clubs in the league because of an ill considered solution to the problem isn't, particularly given the transfer criteria to the new league.

39 minutes ago, Roy D said:

Spot on Rich! 

It's about saving a club from folding, nothing else. I haven't been bothered to check how it impacts Perranwell, but they must be feeling hard done by in all of this. As the 2 complaining on this post are both Perranwell, as well as the 1 person moaning on fb. So I can only assume Perranwell still have Carharrack to play, or they dropped points/ didn't score many against them earlier in the season. 

I think the league have done well here. If you dont ask you dont get. Rich has put his heart and soul into keeping the club going this year fair play. I hope they pull through it. I believe they will cause upsets for rest of season but thats football also well done to the boys that are coming into help. 

Just now, Andys said:

Thanks, I appreciate your ignorance. When the full implications of this become clear across the league as a whole, there will be more than one club shouting about it. Supporting Carharrack to regroup is the right and positive thing to do, penalising other clubs in the league because of an ill considered solution to the problem isn't, particularly given the transfer criteria to the new league.

You've got serious issues, you sad, sad man. Do you understand that as Richard Chown just said he is currently doing every role at Carharrack? From kitman,  to chairman, to secretary, to manager, to groundsman. Now if 1 more game was to be called off it's Richard who would have to foot the £200+ fine to save his family club, or watch 50 years of hard work disappear. 

I understand that you are worried about Carharrack playing ringers *from junior football* when they meet Perranwell. But whoever said that couldn't be further from the truth. As Tms 1st team have more games left than anyone in their league & are also still in the cups. Tms 2nd team (who play in Trelawney 4 might I add) do only have a handful of games left, but they are also in the league cup & reserve team cup, so if they were to all decide to play for carharrack they would be cup tied for their own team after 3 games...

So sleep well knowing you won't have to play a team loaded up with ringers from Trelawney 4 buddy.

9 minutes ago, Roy D said:

You've got serious issues, you sad, sad man. Do you understand that as Richard Chown just said he is currently doing every role at Carharrack? From kitman,  to chairman, to secretary, to manager, to groundsman. Now if 1 more game was to be called off it's Richard who would have to foot the £200+ fine to save his family club, or watch 50 years of hard work disappear. 

I understand that you are worried about Carharrack playing ringers *from junior football* when they meet Perranwell. But whoever said that couldn't be further from the truth. As Tms 1st team have more games left than anyone in their league & are also still in the cups. Tms 2nd team (who play in Trelawney 4 might I add) do only have a handful of games left, but they are also in the league cup & reserve team cup, so if they were to all decide to play for carharrack they would be cup tied for their own team after 3 games...

So sleep well knowing you won't have to play a team loaded up with ringers from Trelawney 4 buddy.

Richard Chown to be named on the New Years honours list.

9 minutes ago, Roy D said:

Roy, as I've made clear, this is not about having a pop at Carharrack, the decision to support them and give them time to regroup is 100% right and Richard's efforts to keep it going can only be admired. I just think the league haven't thought through the implications of their decision on the wider league teams, particularly those of us who haven't played Carharrack yet. If I have serious issues for believing that then you are probably right my friend.

Not sure where all these players will be coming from over the next few weeks! This kind of thing can happen to any club. However, in Carharracks case, surely they have to take some of the responsibility for what has happened. Brought in a bunch of mercenaries who were always going to move onto better things and in doing so lost their local players. Was always going to happen. Good luck though 

58 minutes ago, The Magician said:

Richard Chown to be named on the New Years honours list.

Arise ... SIR RICHARD CHOWN - True Clubman by the looks of it! Very Rare now a days.

2 hours ago, Roy D said:

Spot on Rich! 

Well said GP 

5 hours ago, Reesy said:

Not sure where all these players will be coming from over the next few weeks! This kind of thing can happen to any club. However, in Carharracks case, surely they have to take some of the responsibility for what has happened. Brought in a bunch of mercenaries who were always going to move onto better things and in doing so lost their local players. Was always going to happen. Good luck though 

As a committee carharrack has got themselves into this mess, as said above it was always going to go wrong and they didn't have a plan B for when Mr Pope left. Then they had to make the right choice in there next manager which they got wrong. I just hope the league will now do this for every team that are short on player's. Don't want to see any team fold but think Carharrack can only blame themselves, short term success at any cost!

19 hours ago, Andys said:

It's ok if they are going to give the points to the teams that Carharrack should be playing. The league already set a precedent by awarding Penryn the points and a 1-0 result when Carharrack couldn't raise a side, what's the difference here. Why should teams now be penalised by effectively having to play Carharrack at the end of the season when they will be stronger and teams may not have players available. Teams have already benefitted from Carharrack's plight by smashing them with double figure results, which has significantly benefitted those teams who have played them early on in terms of goal difference. Why should those who haven't yet played them now be penalised? This is particularly important for those teams looking st the St Piran's league, where the points per game ratio comes into play.

I'm all for ensuring that teams are supported to prevent them from folding, but Carharrack are not the only team struggling in the league, so why do they get special treatment? If they are going to be granted this special dispensation, then maybe all Carharrack's results for this season should be voided (points and goals) and their matches to the end of the season become void as far as the league is concerned.

I thought you couldn't award a score line?!

1 hour ago, Andys said:

My understanding is it happened, I'm sure someone who knows will either confirm or deny.

The awarding of goals is specifically prohibited under FA regulations.  A quick check of the Combination Full-Time site will tell you that both of the Carharrack/Penryn games are showing as postponed.  A quick look at the table adjustments will tell you that Penryn were awarded the points for the game on 28th August though the adjustments weren't made until October.

5 hours ago, Harry Pope said:

We got the points but it went down as a 0-0 win as far as I'm aware. Don't know where you get your info from Andys. 

If that's the case, then I was misinformed. The point though stands insofar that Carharrack could not raise a side so you were awarded the points, as per the rules. Presumably, if Carharrack weren't given this window to regroup then they would fold and everyone would lose points and goals from matches against them. So with the precedents already set by the league the teams who should be playing them during their stand-down period should get the points, or because of the exceptional circumstances of this situation, the playing field gets levelled for all teams by removing the points and goals as would have happened if Carharrack had folded. I can't see the justifiable argument against either scenerio given the exceptional circumstances that everyone agrees is the right thing to do to give the club a chance.

8 minutes ago, Dave Bartlam said:

Full Time has a function which adds it as a game played when you use the home/away walkover function. That's how we do it anyway :)

Which is what has happened here! The league table says P21 but WDL add up to 20 for Penryn and P22 WDL adds to 21. So has been input correctly :)

8 hours ago, bighairydave said:

Which is what has happened here! The league table says P21 but WDL add up to 20 for Penryn and P22 WDL adds to 21. So has been input correctly :)

I've not looked at the table - I've responded to the comments which states the result was a 0-0 draw and points awarded. Technically, it's a walkover, not a draw. Being pedantic but accurate :)