Cornwall Football Forum

Plymouth Parkway v Helston OFF

At this level of football this is totally shocking everyone saying how far helston have come etc which is a credit to the people down there may I add surely they can raise a team as they have 3 down there I don't like seeing any teams penalised but this is twice and both long trips 

4 minutes ago, cat weasel said:

At this level of football this is totally shocking everyone saying how far helston have come etc which is a credit to the people down there may I add surely they can raise a team as they have 3 down there I don't like seeing any teams penalised but this is twice and both long trips 

absolutely right - fines are not enough to cover this situation - just pay up and don't bother is the attitude - the league if it has the powers, they should be relegated - if it hasn't create a rule that states they have the power - you cannot  allow teams to do this and get away with it - the league went softly softly with them for not going to Cullumpton - again food purchased - line marking - electric used - stock bought in - the supporters club lose £50 raffle money - all this may not matter to some, but its this that keeps clubs going - teams down the bottom keep going and all credit to them - many teams in the league have no chance of winning or prize money, do they just say we cannot be bothered to go today, of course not.  I don't think we will bother today is not the attitude - RELEGATE them :SM_carton:

The club have worked very hard to make their ground as good as anyone's. Somewhere, these hard working people are being let down. Is this gona be the case every time a club hasn't got much to play for? Pathetic. If they can't do the travelling then down to the West you go. St Blazey and Newquay have been shocking but they always turn up. Giving up is not an option. 

They obviously wouldn't do what Hayle 3rds and Newbridge Athletic did and play with seven.

Didn't Goonhavern go to Parkway with ten including manager Tony Rogers back in the SWL?

Whilst the statement from the Chairman is well meant and he is genuinely sorry , it still does not deal with the fact that they DID have players available, but the club was unable to persuade them to travel. This is the second occasion. It therefor suggests that the Chairman is not capable of controlling his club and as a result the Club should not be in the league they are in. Think of all the clubs today in the league who pulled out all the stops to travel, when they guessed they had little chance of points and it made no difference to their position if they won lost or drew.Yes they do have fantastic facilities, but there is more to running a club than that, they are not fit for purpose, so relegate them.

20 minutes ago, Home Waters said:

Whilst the statement from the Chairman is well meant and he is genuinely sorry , it still does not deal with the fact that they DID have players available, but the club was unable to persuade them to travel. This is the second occasion. It therefor suggests that the Chairman is not capable of controlling his club and as a result the Club should not be in the league they are in. Think of all the clubs today in the league who pulled out all the stops to travel, when they guessed they had little chance of points and it made no difference to their position if they won lost or drew.Yes they do have fantastic facilities, but there is more to running a club than that, they are not fit for purpose, so relegate them.

I fail to see how this is an example of a chairman failing to control his club. A chairman can control all things that are nothing to do with human nature, i.e.  the running of the club and the bar etc,  but the players cannot be ordered or forced by the manager let alone the chairman. They are not employees or in the forces and so clubs are, as always have been,  at the mercy of the players. 

I in no way condone what has happened but please don't blame the chairman. I think as far as Helston were concerned, the writing was on the wall as soon as Sid's resignation became common knowledge. In an ideal world maybe it should have been kept quiet until the end of the season. 

Sadly this is another example of the ever-increasing player power/apathy which continues to dog local football and why teams withdraw from leagues etc. 

Sad sad day for Helston and all those who give their time and efforts for free.

In the Combo Helston Reserves had no game but in the Trelawny League their Third team have been awarded a Home Win and three points as their opponents Marazion Blues could not raise a side. This keeps Helston top of the Division 1 on goal difference from St Agnes Reserves.

By rights both teams in effect could not raise a side, either Helston or Marazion. If I was linked to St Agnes I would be now sorely aggreived as in a way the title may be lost on a technicality. 

29 minutes ago, mattelot said:

So those players that wouldn't or couldn't be persuaded to travel shouldn't play for the club again . Thought there was supposed to be a fantastic camaraderie between the players who played for nothing because they loved the club so much . 

It's quite possible that said players won't play for Helston again but who is to say that they won't do it at their next club? Like I said,  player power etc.

As for the fantastic camaraderie - can't comment because I don't know. It appears from the outside that the club isn't what matters. 

11 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

In the Combo Helston Reserves had no game but in the Trelawny League their Third team have been awarded a Home Win and three points as their opponents Marazion Blues could not raise a side. This keeps Helston top of the Division 1 on goal difference from St Agnes Reserves.

By rights both teams in effect could not raise a side, either Helston or Marazion. If I was linked to St Agnes I would be now sorely aggreived as in a way the title may be lost on a technicality. 

Can't see how you can punish players that are only signed in as juniors. Or are you just mischief making?

10 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

This has nothing to do with Helston 3rds!

18 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Just now, cornishteddyboy said:

Not bothered about that just thinking about St Agnes Reserves as they may miss winning the Division on a game that should be voided, Helston 3rds v Marazion.

Not bothered about that....you crack me up!!..how can players who are not signed on go and play!!

It seems odd that a club that is talked about as a well run club cannot take eleven players plus maybe two subs to fulfill a fixture when it appears that their reserves never had a game and their thirds did not play because their opponents could not raise a side. This means that they had about 40 players to pick from!!

Just now, panda said:

It seems odd that a club that is talked about as a well run club cannot take eleven players plus maybe two subs to fulfill a fixture when it appears that their reserves never had a game and their thirds did not play because their opponents could not raise a side. This means that they had about 40 players to pick from!!

I repeat 3rd Team players not signed on for SWPL!

7 minutes ago, dobbie said:

Not bothered about that....you crack me up!!..how can players who are not signed on go and play!!

Are you blinkered. Not talking about third team players playing for your first team. I just said that they could not play as your first team could not raise a side. Just as your Reserves would not play if they had a game.

So to repeat the game Helston 3rds v Marazion should be classed as a void.

It has everything to do with Helston thirds - you are one club not separate ones! I always thought that senior clubs have to take priority and if a first team can not fulfill a fixture then the other side's can't. I think this is only a Trelawny ruling - but it should apply across the board. 

If players are not signed on then it is somewhat naive of Helston for not signing on more players. 

In no way whatsoever should it be blamed on Paul (chairman), Sid and Richie. The work they have put in on and off the field to get the club to where it is has been outstanding and they deserve better. I wish Helston all of the best, I hope the players and the town turn up and out in force on Wednesday to give Sid and Richie the send off they deserve. 

Whoever is due to take over has a few bridges to build - in and out of the club it seems - but the potential at Helston is massive. They have it in them to be one of the top clubs in Cornwall - it is perhaps a shame for them that they aren't a little closer to the Tamar Bridge. 

2 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Are you blinkered. Not talking about third team players playing for your first team. I just said that they could not play as your first team could not raise a side. Just as your Reserves would not play if they had a game.

So to repeat the game Helston 3rds v Marazion should be classed as a void.

How can 3rd Team game be void if 3rd Team players are not eligible to play for 1st team!!!

Just now, dobbie said:

How can 3rd Team game be void if 3rd Team players are not eligible to play for 1st team!!!

Because the rules state, if a club has several teams and a higher level team within the club can not raise a side then teams within that club below that one can not play. 

So with your first team not raising a side the rest could not play or if they did would be fined and lost the points.

If your first team played but your Reserves could not raise a side then your 3rd, 4th, 5th and so on (if you had them) could not play. 

If your first, reserves played but your 3rds could not raise a side then your 4ths, 5ths and so on could not play.

So, as I say your 3rds and Marazion could not raise a side so the game should not be awarded to you as a right but voided.

2 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Because the rules state, if a club has several teams and a higher level team within the club can not raise a side then teams within that club below that one can not play. 

So with your first team not raising a side the rest could not play or if they did would be fined and lost the points.

If your first team played but your Reserves could not raise a side then your 3rd, 4th, 5th and so on (if you had them) could not play. 

If your first, reserves played but your 3rds could not raise a side then your 4ths, 5ths and so on could not play.

So, as I say your 3rds and Marazion could not raise a side so the game should not be awarded to you as a right but voided.

But my point to you teddyboy is how can 3rd Team players step up and play for the first team if they are not signed on for first team!!

5 minutes ago, dobbie said:

But my point to you teddyboy is how can 3rd Team players step up and play for the first team if they are not signed on for first team!!

Because they are signed for Helston Football Club, does not matter what teams they are or are not signed for, they are signed for Helston Football club..

Helston 1st team won't get fined over this, Helston football club will. !!! 

Thought you were a football CLUB in there, seems like a little bit of ' nothing to do with us ' going on here. !!

Edited by kevin richards

Just now, kevin richards said:

Because they are signed for Helston Football Club, does not matter what teams they are or are not signed for, they are signed for Helston Football club.

But if not signed on SWPL forms that would be illegal!!...so Kev if you had a player who was only signed on Combination forms for Port...would you play him for your first team knowing he was not signed on ??

37 minutes ago, kevin richards said:

That's not what Cornishteddyboy is saying though. What he's saying is, that irrespective of wether they are signed or not, as a club, your 2nd & 3rd teams cannot play if your 1st team can't raise a side. That's a FA ruling. !!!

Doubt it is FA ruling.

2 hours ago, le boss said:

I fail to see how this is an example of a chairman failing to control his club. A chairman can control all things that are nothing to do with human nature, i.e.  the running of the club and the bar etc,  but the players cannot be ordered or forced by the manager let alone the chairman. They are not employees or in the forces and so clubs are, as always have been,  at the mercy of the players. 

I in no way condone what has happened but please don't blame the chairman. I think as far as Helston were concerned, the writing was on the wall as soon as Sid's resignation became common knowledge. In an ideal world maybe it should have been kept quiet until the end of the season. 

Sadly this is another example of the ever-increasing player power/apathy which continues to dog local football and why teams withdraw from leagues etc. 

Sad sad day for Helston and all those who give their time and efforts for free.

Unfortunately the Chairman of a club is the person who has ultimate responsibility within the club for all aspects of it. He should make himself aware of the different people within the club, from his fellow officers, volunteers, team managers, players and supporters. He should know the pro's and con's of all those involved, its called man management. He should have spotted some time ago that players were not complying with the clubs request to play away matches and then dealt with it. Of course he can't force anyone to play or do anything they don't want to. But, by allowing it to happen and not dealing with it until the day of a match is bad man management. First thing to do is cancel those players registration - I have gone on long enough, there are so many remedies to do. Therefor my previous point applies the club is not fit for purpose - relegate it.

Also in this situation the league officials allowed helston to sign players on an emergency basis to allow the fixture to be fulfilled. Meaning 2nd, 3rd, youth players, Physio's, managers, could have been signed and allowed to play. But alas Helston football club still couldn't field 11 'players' 

37 minutes ago, kevin richards said:

That's not what Cornishteddyboy is saying though. What he's saying is, that irrespective of wether they are signed or not, as a club, your 2nd & 3rd teams cannot play if your 1st team can't raise a side. That's a FA ruling. !!!

But that is NOT the rule - (CTB you know the rules?) the rule is within a competition - Trelawney and SWPL Prem are different - this has been raised before and it appears that some clubs / teams are looking to profiteer from others.

Seriously, looking to disadvantage Helston 3rds players, who are not SWPL  players is unfair and is an issue for the Trelawney forum, not the important issue of why a club's structure like Helston cannot raise a team of senior players. 

Helston First team and club should and will be heavily sanctioned for failing to fulfill two consecquetive fixtures - surely though all football supporters in the Dutchy should be looking to support Helston not coming up with 'relegate' them!! 

3 minutes ago, Home Waters said:

Unfortunately the Chairman of a club is the person who has ultimate responsibility within the club for all aspects of it. He should make himself aware of the different people within the club, from his fellow officers, volunteers, team managers, players and supporters. He should know the pro's and con's of all those involved, its called man management. He should have spotted some time ago that players were not complying with the clubs request to play away matches and then dealt with it. Of course he can't force anyone to play or do anything they don't want to. But, by allowing it to happen and not dealing with it until the day of a match is bad man management. First thing to do is cancel those players registration - I have gone on long enough, there are so many remedies to do. Therefor my previous point applies the club is not fit for purpose - relegate it.

I know the chairman Paul very well and know how gutted he will be feeling this evening. Yes as the figure head of the club he will feel responsible but one man can only do so much so please do not lay blame so easily and remember how far the club has come in such a short time. Rome was not built in one day 

12 minutes ago, Home Waters said:

Oh behave! What you are suggesting about the chairman is unworkable. Don't think any manager worth their salt would want the chairman interfering in the day to day running of the team. I can understand you being upset being a Parkway man and I will forgive your rant because it must be difficult living in the shadow of the only real team in Plymouth. 

38 minutes ago, le boss said:

Oh behave! What you are suggesting about the chairman is unworkable. Don't think any manager worth their salt would want the chairman interfering in the day to day running of the team. I can understand you being upset being a Parkway man and I will forgive your rant because it must be difficult living in the shadow of the only real team in Plymouth. 

You obviously have not been Chairman of a football club, its a very demanding task, but there are ways of dealing with the problem that Helston have. - there are over 60 non league adult teams in Plymouth - which one are you referring to, all run of course by fantastic volunteers offering the public non league football.

3 hours ago, le boss said:

Oh behave!

I can understand you being upset being a Parkway man and I will forgive your rant because it must be difficult living in the shadow of the only real team in Plymouth. 

Behave yourself (!)

No-one knows why Helston cannot raise a team, but I'll hazard a guess that the manager has pee'd off a few of his team for some reason...now there is a split / and taking sides in the ranks that cannot be fixed.

Did they resign - or were they pushed (?) because the split is SERIOUS (!)  I hazard another guess ..the split is nothing to do with football....because that is only a game.

May not play again this season.....WOW !!!!!

Then relegation would have to be considered.

Helston have always in the past given Bodmin hard games, a fantastic set up down there, although this season their side has not been a patch on teams they have had previous. Having to forfeit games at this 'supposed' level is truly sad, maybe now is a good time for Sid Naylor to hand over the baton to somebody else for the good of the football club. Good luck Sid in what you do next & for what you achieved down there. Also to Helston for better times ahead

17 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Behave yourself (!)

No-one knows why Helston cannot raise a team, but I'll hazard a guess that the manager has pee'd off a few of his team for some reason...now there is a split / and taking sides in the ranks that cannot be fixed.

Did they resign - or were they pushed (?) because the split is SERIOUS (!)  I hazard another guess ..the split is nothing to do with football....because that is only a game.

May not play again this season.....WOW !!!!!

Then relegation would have to be considered.

When will you learn not to comment or make silly guesses on other clubs when everything at your club is not perfect rather than come on here and lose controll on your key pad with juvenile remarks pop over to Helston on Wednesday have a chat with Sid or Ritchie and when you get home that evening you can actually put some truths into your comments there's always a first for everyone,oh and before you reply think!!!

2 hours ago, Smiler said:

When will you learn not to comment or make silly guesses on other clubs when everything at your club is not perfect rather than come on here and lose controll on your key pad with juvenile remarks pop over to Helston on Wednesday have a chat with Sid or Ritchie and when you get home that evening you can actually put some truths into your comments there's always a first for everyone,oh and before you reply think!!!

Pop over to Helston...what for (?) don't even know if they can raise a side (!)

Lost 10 - 1 could not raise a team for the next two games (!) didn't have to think about it - because it's fact....there's some truth for you.

And what is actually happening will out in the end - always does.

A nightmare for any club at this level, not fulfilling one, but two fixtures, and also rather embarrassing for the SWPL - no one likes to see a team with an * alongside their name with points adjusted.

I have no knowledge of the situation at this club ( in fact have no desire to do so), however when their game at Cullompton recently was forfeited on a Wednesday, 3 days before the game, I did comment on this forum that with the SWPL accepting this situation so far in advance ( accepting the earlier postponement at Cullompton) it did set an unwelcome precedent.

I have the utmost respect for the SWPL officials, but just wonder whether the Cullompton decision made it easier for the offending club/players to pull out of the Parkway fixture.

1 hour ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Pop over to Helston...what for (?) don't even know if they can raise a side (!)

Lost 10 - 1 could not raise a team for the next two games (!) didn't have to think about it - because it's fact....there's some truth for you.

And what is actually happening will out in the end - always does.

You hit the nail on its head there my beauty you don't know but don't concern yourself we all like a clown

1 hour ago, Smiler said:

You hit the nail on its head there my beauty you don't know but don't concern yourself we all like a clown

Definitely correct there my beauty, we all love a clown, who's trying to make it it look all rosy and under control - when it ain't.

Here's laughing at you COCO

Image result for coco the clown

On 4/22/2017 at 19:06, cornishteddyboy said:

Not quite correct CTB.  In situations like this what you are presuming above does not role down out of the National League System and into the recreational leagues.  Both Helston Reserves and their Third Team could have played on Saturday without fear of any sanction.  This was confirmed by the FA Governance Department today.