Liskeard Athletic    6-0      Bodmin Town

Mullion                    1-0       Launceston

Penzance             0-1     Godolphin Atl

St Austell              0-7  Wadebridge Town

St Dennis              1-5   Wendron United

Sticker                     0-5           St Blazey

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 20 August 2022

Liskeard 6 Bodmin 0

Seen Bodmin a good few times over the years but this was the worst performance i've ever witnessed from them, by a mile. Truly awful. No disrespect, there were players out there who should find another hobby. The few supporters they brought along deserve a medal for staying until the end.

Liskeard hardly got into gear themselves but this one sided affair was a doddle. It was a scrappy showing from the home side although they did score a few wonderfully well crafted goals. They will doubtless have stiffer opposition this season.

No Dan Jennings in the Liskeard side today, not sure if he's injured? They still managed to create multiple goal scoring opportunities, sadly, they have the nagging habit of fluffing three quarters of them... this should have been a cricket score.

Not the best of games but it's another 3 points in the bank for the title favourites.

2 minutes ago, beacon said:

Wtf is happening at Bodmin results this season are a little embarrassing even for this league’s standard 

Look no further than the manager. 
Consistently puts together pub teams, is a poor motivator and even worse tactician.

The St Blazey side he was involved with did ok but I’d accredit that to Shaun Vincent.

3 minutes ago, beacon said:

Wtf is happening at Bodmin results this season are a little embarrassing even for this league’s standard 

The manager started the same way last season when he was at Cally, just saying! But more likely down to the  quality players around this league now,

Callington 5 camelford 1

I said in the week callington will click soon and today they did very good team performance and a entertaining game..the first goal was a strange one camel keeper guiding a shot out with open arms thinking it's going wide, it hit the post straight back out to a waiting Cally player to slot home, made us laugh,home team then dominated and deserved the win ,,. Pen miss for camels sin bin for Cally  all going on ,for  50 odd there to watch

Watched  a very good match this afternoon between Sticker and St Blazey ,Sticker started off pretty good but after 20mins St Blazey took control and they where just unstoppable River Allen what a player he is he got the pen to put Blazey 1 -0 up his footwork was too fast for the defender who fouled him clear pen which was put away with ease by RIVER ALLEN who got his 2nd goal not long after the 3rd goal was turned into his own net by a sticker player after briliant wing play from Liam Eddy St bLAZEY LED 3-0 HT 

2nd half Blazey dominated play and Luke CLOKE scored twice for a emphatic 5-0 win there was also 2 sending offs when Martin Giles and Jack BOWYER DECIDED TO TRY OUT SOME WWE  Moves on each other which ressulting in both players receiving red cards which i thought yellow cards would of been enough they where only getting aquainted with each other and Martin going by his reputation was bound to get a red until that moment he was having  a great game .

I think its just as well give the title to St Blazey now because no one will stop them as long as they have River Allen in there team his passing alone was worth the entrance price he was superb 1 hell of a player hard to pick a Mom for Blazey they where all good and new captain Olie BROCKENSHIRE was really good but i got to give it to RIVER ALLEN just a masterclass of passing .Mom for Sticker i liked the Ginger haired lad but then he gout subbed 

The ref and officials did ok and i suppose the 2 players had to go off when you have arms around each others throat but the calm Martin Giles was provoked from Mr Bowyer i think they just wanted to change shirts was lively though 

Met lots of nice people there today had Lovely chat with Phil Lafferty really like Phil he always asks how i am which is nice Smokie had lots of admirers as usual I agree with you Dave Deacon the sending offs where right 

Well done St Blazey going to have to be a hell of a team to beat you you where just so good today ,dissapointed with Sticker today but they wont be playing teams like Blazey every week .Give the 2 lads who where in charge today the jobs they havnt done a bad job 

1 Last thing Well done the G for winning 1-0 at Penzance today but god help them if they play Blazey on this form 

BrummyBarry, Presumably you were not at the game BUT I WAS. The incident started with a tangle on the ground between 2 competitive players. The ref allowed this to continue and obviously it escalated. The inexperienced ref, who was poor throughout, then took the easy option and just showed reds. It could have been prevented with a simple blow of the whistle but this is what happens when promising guys are fast tracked. Both players will now miss games and get heavy CFA fines when what we should just be talking about is a good St Blazey team, not a ref who had a bad day at the office.

7 minutes ago, justanopinion said:

BrummyBarry, Presumably you were not at the game BUT I WAS. The incident started with a tangle on the ground between 2 competitive players. The ref allowed this to continue and obviously it escalated. The inexperienced ref, who was poor throughout, then took the easy option and just showed reds. It could have been prevented with a simple blow of the whistle but this is what happens when promising guys are fast tracked. Both players will now miss games and get heavy CFA fines when what we should just be talking about is a good St Blazey team, not a ref who had a bad day at the office.

You are blaming the referee for making players grab each other round the neck?

No, I'm blaming the ref for allowing the initial handbags (2 players in a tangle on the floor and he allowed play to continue) to continue to the point where it escalated. A more experienced ref would have seen what was inevitably going to happen and whistled early. It was 2 yellows for a tangle but he gave 2 reds after failing to be in control of the situation.

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

As mentioned before on here there a huge gulf in quality between the top few teams and rest . If you look at the Bodmin squad you say most are probably way below the peninsula standard  .  Guess it just a rebuilding season for Bodmin and Matt. 

I was told,,,,

by a mate,,,,

down the pub,,,,,,

after a few beers,,,,,,

There were a few 'non bodmin' tracksuits that turned up today!!!!!!

Rumours eh !!!!

I saw a couple of brilliant goals from the home team and a strong display. If I were in charge I would be happy with 6 goals, lots missed and a clean sheet.

MQx

Players should take control.of their actions. When are we going to get that through our thick skulls? You come on a forum to slag off a ref for doing what has to be done? Why are the players having a tussle on the floor? Refs fault. Come on for god's sake this is silly. If players are having a tussle and they get sebt off, good. Referees are not babysitters. Maybe next time they get down for some alone time on the floor they will think back to this and instead of trying to grope eachother, they will instead remember the time they got sent off and then, they'll stand up and act like adults. Stranger things have happened. And don't presume I wasn't there watching please. 

2 hours ago, justanopinion said:

The ref allowed this to continue and obviously it escalated.

Where did the action of play go while the two were initially on the ground tangling with each other?

I’ve got a feeling the ref would have been looking away from the two players tangling as he was following the play.

What looked like a harmless coming together of two players, worsened as it went on and in my humble opinion,  and being completely neutral, I thought the ref was right in showing a red card to each.

What I would say though that he didn’t do well enough was to get the players off and into the changing rooms so that play could resume.

Ive got alot of time for football in Cornwall as only last year I moved down from home but has dawned on me that wmyoubhave good referees here and when they do what they have to do, it comes on here as they are bad, worst referees ever. Where I'm from we deal with it. The players know they've messed up and they accept it better yet they wouldn't have a scrap on the floor and expect nothing to come of it yet it seems in Cornwall fans want refs to babysit. It's not going to happen and it shouldt happen. My grandson will soon be of an age where I want to take him to games but the la guage and behaviour really is bad that I think I'd rather take him to watch the pirates or another rugby team. The Cornish league's and teams always feel so hard done by. Wake up. You throw a punch, put someone in headlock or push someone In the neck you should only ever expect one outcome. Yet people come on here and say there was WWE moves but they should have been a yellow. The ref today I've seen before and although he's new at this level, the two times I've send him before he's been good. Same ref but different teams. I wonder who we should really be blaming here

3 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Where did the action of play go while the two were initially on the ground tangling with each other?

I’ve got a feeling the ref would have been looking away from the two players tangling as he was following the play.

What looked like a harmless coming together of two players, worsened as it went on and in my humble opinion,  and being completely neutral, I thought the ref was right in showing a red card to each.

What I would say though that he didn’t do well enough was to get the players off and into the changing rooms so that play could resume.

Babysitting. You want refs to babysit. As soon as players are sent off they know where they have to go. Managers take charge, captains take charge it's not the refs fault. I should change my name to refFan or something because recently that's all I seem to do is try to defend them as a neutral. Or maybe I could become a loyal fan of one club and join the bashing 

How could he be right if he was 'looking away' ? You confirm my thoughts that he didn't see the incident. You also confirm what I have said about it worsening as it went on because he did not take control of the situation. Two players now missing matches and heavily fined when early yellows would have been possible.

1 minute ago, BrummyBarry said:

Babysitting. You want refs to babysit. As soon as players are sent off they know where they have to go. Managers take charge, captains take charge it's not the refs fault. I should change my name to refFan or something because recently that's all I seem to do is try to defend them as a neutral. Or maybe I could become a loyal fan of one club and join the bashing 

And I thought I was sticking up for the ref by saying I agreed with the reds! 🤔

2 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

I think its just as well give the title to St Blazey now because no one will stop them

Luv your match reports & positive enthusiasm for the sides you admire but there's a bigger fish in deeper waters lurking.

Liskeard didn't play that well today in my humble opinion.

Think it ended with a 6 nil finish... they hardly broke sweat 🙂

Don't reckon they'll be panicking that much 👍

18 minutes ago, justanopinion said:

he didn't see the incident.

The initial coming together he probably didn’t see, which is why he obviously didn’t stop it. He’s not psychic!

As soon as he saw the two continuing to have a go at each other he blew.

Lets remember here that these were two very experienced players who probably knew what they were doing.

On the game itself, the other 86 minutes of action, I thought St Blazey taught the Sticker side a lesson by being stronger, more accurate with their passing and in the end making the most of their chances and on that performance will without doubt be challenging for the title.

As for Sticker - I have to say I’ll delay my thoughts as they weren’t as good as I was expecting from what I had heard about them. But a large reason for that would be because they were playing very good opponents better today in all departments.

River Allen got 2, an own goal from a Liam Eddy which the defender would have done well to turn away, and two second half from Luke Cloke. It's a shame Allen's effort from almost the halfway line very late on didn't go in. That would have been some goal plus being his hat-trick.

What I saw was two players that fell on the floor Jack used Giler to get up , Giler thought better of it & opted for it to be the other way around .A grope of the neck then followed .No punches thrown merely handbags , an experienced ref may of given nothing some a yellow each , however an inexperienced ref like today who looked young opted for red.

Either way any of the decisions that followed were going to be the right ones . 
As I left I asked Dave Deacon Red or yellow he replied red i would of given them both yellow.

My opinion on the ref was he made a point of letting the game flow & on some occasions let things go out of 10 I’d of given him a 7 he did ok 👍 

Any one with a nice story to write instead of all the whiner’s 🤣

I don't think the ref is to blame on this. Giles missed a tackle and brought Bowyer down. The ref clearly indicated that he was letting play continue and Sticker carried on with their attack. A few seconds later, the two of them are fighting in the middle of the pitch. The referee doesn't have eyes in the back of his head, and the foul looks innocuous enough, so I don't think he could have expected anything to come of it.

5 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Here we go again, the football is forgotten and it's all about the officials AGAIN? 

BORING OR WHAT.

Fully agree it starts really positive Talking about the  clubs and players. Then 1 incident gets mentioned and the whole thread gets lost. 

Bude with another win. Maybe not as spectacular or talked about as much as blazey or liskeard but they don’t look like going away. 

22 minutes ago, justanopinion said:

How could he be right if he was 'looking away' ? You confirm my thoughts that he didn't see the incident. You also confirm what I have said about it worsening as it went on because he did not take control of the situation. Two players now missing matches and heavily fined when early yellows would have been possible.

Players are missing matches because of what they did, not because the referee didn’t stop them.

ST.AUSTELL   0-7   WADEBRIDGE          HT 0-2.         ATT :158

Unbelievable result really between two teams you would expect to be in the chasing pack (behind Liskeard & Blazey) when the top 4/5 is sorted out at the seasons end. Looks a hammering but it really wasn’t, possession wise the teams were about 50/50 I’d guess, but the difference was in the finishing, the Bridgers had about 10 chances and took 7 whereas the Saints had maybe 7 but couldn’t score, it was pretty clinical and ruthless from the visitors against a team which ironically came into this match having won all 3 games without conceding a goal. The Bridgers were still without captain Tom Strike, legendary defender Steve Simmons, and attacker Kyle Flew but fortunately had a few back from their travels after having to play Blazey and Liskeard no less both away and Wendron at home with a depleted line up. The hosts were missing Chappy in goal, still one of the county’s best for me along with the experienced Ed Timmons at right back although it was nice to see Neil Slateford and Chris Reski in opposite midfields, two of my favourite players in Cornish football over the last 10 odd years or so. Sparky will obviously be gutted by the shock scoreline but they have a chance to bounce back quickly with a midweek local derby at Sticker who lost 0-5 today at home v Blazey while Wadebridge got a well earned break before next Saturdays fa vase match against Collumpton. Made a few notes as the match went on in and out of talking to a few people which were

3’     Great cross from Reski is miskicked on the volley by Smale at the far post

8’     Powerful shot by Zach Smith-Brokenshire flies just wide of the post

13’   ️ 0-1   Good hold up play down the right by Rapsey sees him cut the ball back for Smale to shoot into the top corner from 10 yards

22’   Dipping 30 yard piledriver from Slateford is tipped around the post by the full stretch Rosevear

26’   Jarvis shot is bravely blocked by Reeves who throws his body in front the ball

34’   ️  0-2  After a Superb passage of play sees Reski pick out Smale who crosses to the far post for Gerken to head back across goal for Rapsey to head into the top corner from 10 yards

42’   Leo Best hits a  snap shot just the wrong side of the post

45’   Smales curling strike forces Allen into a fine diving save to his left           HT  0-2

47’   Rapsey slips a pass inside to Lloyd who crashes a shot off the foot of the post from 15 yards

48’   Kilbeys powerful shot dips just over the bar from the edge of the area

49’ ️ 0-3   Gerken hits a cross? from just inside the oppositions half wide out on the right touch line and it flies 50 yards into the far corner of the net just under the crossbar!!

55’   ️ 0-4  Reski corner sees Lloyd rise high at the near post to flick his header into the far corner

61’    Kilbey dipping volley just over from 15 yards

73’   ️0-5   Smale gets away down the right and cuts in to hit a powerful strike into the roof of the net

81’   ️0-6   Lovely weighted ball over the top from Reski sees Smale just beat Allen to the ball to round him and tap into the empty net

85’   Vallejo corner powerfully headed just over by Carron

88’  Smale raced clear one on one but Allen denies him this time with a fine save

90’  ️  0-7  Rapsey controls a long ball out of defence on his chest and reverses a ball into the path of Vallejo who shoots across Allen into the far corner

90+4  Excellent ref Murat Kaymaz blows his final whistle

On a last note it was good to see Martyn Duff return to the field for the Saints after a lengthy spell of injury and he looked really good in his 25 minute run out, good luck for the season Duffers 👍👏🏼

I think Martin Giles is a marked man when he goes on the pitch he always has been hes been 1 of my fav players for years and players wind him up Jack Bowyer took a sly kick and Giles and he just lost it and thought he would remove Jack Bowyers tonsils the players from both sides sorted it the ref should of broke it up quicker but he is only a young lad maybe a more experianced ref will be needed when they play at Blaize park .  

I think it was Martins and Jacks way of saying hello do you remember when we played for St Austell together .There best of friends really 

23 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

I think Martin Giles is a marked man when he goes on the pitch he always has been hes been 1 of my fav players for years and players wind him up Jack Bowyer took a sly kick and Giles and he just lost it and thought he would remove Jack Bowyers tonsils the players from both sides sorted it the ref should of broke it up quicker but he is only a young lad maybe a more experianced ref will be needed when they play at Blaize park .  

I think it was Martins and Jacks way of saying hello do you remember when we played for St Austell together .There best of friends really 

You'd think a Player removes another players tonsils... Just a yellow ref... Ref should break it up quicker...You serious? Usually I like your reports but for god's sake give it a rest and say it how it is..players act like idiots and get what they deserved. That's literally all you need to say. 

23 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

ST.AUSTELL   0-7   WADEBRIDGE          HT 0-2.         ATT :158

Unbelievable result really between two teams you would expect to be in the chasing pack (behind Liskeard & Blazey) when the top 4/5 is sorted out at the seasons end. Looks a hammering but it really wasn’t, possession wise the teams were about 50/50 I’d guess, but the difference was in the finishing, the Bridgers had about 10 chances and took 7 whereas the Saints had maybe 7 but couldn’t score, it was pretty clinical and ruthless from the visitors against a team which ironically came into this match having won all 3 games without conceding a goal. The Bridgers were still without captain Tom Strike, legendary defender Steve Simmons, and attacker Kyle Flew but fortunately had a few back from their travels after having to play Blazey and Liskeard no less both away and Wendron at home with a depleted line up. The hosts were missing Chappy in goal, still one of the county’s best for me along with the experienced Ed Timmons at right back although it was nice to see Neil Slateford and Chris Reski in opposite midfields, two of my favourite players in Cornish football over the last 10 odd years or so. Sparky will obviously be gutted by the shock scoreline but they have a chance to bounce back quickly with a midweek local derby at Sticker who lost 0-5 today at home v Blazey while Wadebridge got a well earned break before next Saturdays fa vase match against Collumpton. Made a few notes as the match went on in and out of talking to a few people which were

3’     Great cross from Reski is miskicked on the volley by Smale at the far post

8’     Powerful shot by Jack Smith-Brokenshire flies just wide of the post

13’   ️ 0-1   Good hold up play down the right by Rapsey sees him cut the ball back for Smale to shoot into the top corner from 10 yards

22’   Dipping 30 yard piledriver from Slateford is tipped around the post by Rosevear

26’   Jarvis shot is bravely blocked by Reeves who throws is body in front the ball

34’   ️  0-2  After a Superb passage of play sees Reski pick out Smale who crosses to the far post for Gerken to head back across goal for Rapsey to head into the top corner from 10 yards

42’   Leo Best hits a  snap shot just the wrong side of the post

45’   Smales curling strike forces Allen into a fine diving save to his left           HT  0-2

47’   Rapsey slips a pass inside to Lloyd who crashes a shot off the foot of the post

48’   Kilbeys powerful shot dips just over the bar

49’ ️ 0-3   Gerken hits a cross from just inside the oppositions half wide out on the right touch line and it flies 50 yards into the net just under the crossbar!!

55’   ️ 0-4  Reski corner sees Lloyd rise high at the near post to flick his header into the far corner

61’    Kilbey dipping volley just over from 15 yards

73’   ️0-5   Smale gets away down the right and cuts in to hit a powerful strike into the roof of the net

81’   ️0-6   Lovely weighted ball over the top from Reski sees Smale just beat Allen to the ball to round him and tap into the empty net

85’   Vallejo corner powerfully headed just over by Carron

88’  Smale raced clear one on one but Allen denies him this time with a fine save

90’  ️  0-7  Rapsey controls a long ball out of defence on his chest and reverses a ball into the path of Vallejo who shoots across Allen into the far corner

90+4  Excellent ref Murat Kaymaz blows his final whistle

On a last note it was good to see Martyn Duff return to the field for the Saints after a lengthy spell of injury and he looked really good in his 25 minute run out, good luck for the season Duffers 👍👏🏼

Nice to have a report on one of today's games that doesn't reference the 'Sticker Handbags Show' 😄

Give us all a break... please

Thanks for the welcome interlude Rappo 👏

3 hours ago, justanopinion said:

Those poor players with their suspensions and fines. I know it’s only an opinion but it’s a pretty stupid one. 

8 hours ago, BrummyBarry said:

You'd think a Player removes another players tonsils... Just a yellow ref... Ref should break it up quicker...You serious? Usually I like your reports but for god's sake give it a rest and say it how it is..players act like idiots and get what they deserved. That's literally all you need to say. 

Well said, another weekend, and yet another predictable report of jacked up neanderthals resorting to their usual toxic thuggery on a football pitch. 

Seems to get swept under the rug repeatedly and we wonder why refs are jacking it in.

One day, we'll either kick these reprobates out of our game, or we'll actually educate these cavemen into learning that you can be competitive on a football pitch without being a nasty piece of work.

Disgrace 

To avoid potential summer traffic problems we popped over to Liskeard to take a look at past champions and suggested future ones.
Our opinion is that Bodmin have taken a real tumble if the team we saw is the best that they can offer, even if they are enduring a transition period.
No doubt they will improve as the season progresses, but any chnce of the coveted silverware of past years returning to Priory Park, seems to have disappeared already if considerable improvement is not made, and soon.
Liskeard on the othe hand who are League champions elect in some supporters opinion, should be very careful how they view this comprehensive win against a very poor side on the day.
There was no problem with the goals they scored, but there was with the ones that were missed, which could make a big difference gainst better opposition,
In pre mach warm up sessions where there is no pressure some good shooting skills are exhibited which disappear when an opposing players presence seems to create panic and a hit and hope attitude that results in the ball going anywhere but goalwards.
On the day well done Liskeard you can only paly the team put in front of you, but don't let complancy set in as a result of demolishing a poor team and you will continue to be a force to be reckoned with, good luck for the rest of the season.
St Blazey and Wadebridge both had results that will put the defences of future opposition on high alert scoring 12 goals betwen them in their two matches, probably mean a trip over to see Elmore at Horsden Park next Saturday and see for ourselves what St Blazey have in their locker that wil uset the apple cart for Liskeards ambitions.

Amidst the whipped up hysteria of more Officials Bashing I'd just like to applaud the Referee & Linesmen at the Liskeard v Bodmin encounter 👏

It appears Shaun Edge isn't on everyones Christmas Card list but I thought he handled the Lux Park affair impeccably, a common sense tactful performance admirably complimented by his colleagues running the line.

Bravo Gentlemen 👍

Watched bodmin yesterday,wow.really look lost and the management need to look at themselves and ask if they are in the right job.great club bodmin,shame to see that performance.

Agree that shaun Vincent was the driving force at blazey.be interesting to see how Callington and bodmin do this season.

18 minutes ago, Lee Mitchell said:

And here within this topic is the answer as to why so many Managers are walking and why there is a referee shortage. Criticism on this site and throughout Cornish football is !! (Can’t really find a word for it.) 

To be fair the same managers getting criticism are the same ones slagging off refs on social media every other weekend so can’t have it 1 way.