Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Saturday 20 August 2022

Not this Topic in general and I don’t really care for peoples opinion in whatever role they are currently in or have been, because everyone is entitled to one !!  Hiding behind aliases means I personally don’t know names!  But generally over all topics across all reports, aspects of the game within Cornwall it’s general slagging down of match officials and managers  plus a few players here and there and the odd committee person plus thrown in a grounds person or two. It is just constant nonsense and really uncalled for especially as it’s not a professional circuit just a hobby . 

14 minutes ago, Lee Mitchell said:

Not this Topic in general and I don’t really care for peoples opinion in whatever role they are currently in or have been, because everyone is entitled to one !!  Hiding behind aliases means I personally don’t know names!  But generally over all topics across all reports, aspects of the game within Cornwall it’s general slagging down of match officials and managers  plus a few players here and there and the odd committee person plus thrown in a grounds person or two. It is just constant nonsense and really uncalled for especially as it’s not a professional circuit just a hobby . 

Very tiresome isn't it Lee! Unfortunately it's turned away the excellent match reports we used to get across the forum!

23 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Very tiresome isn't it Lee! Unfortunately it's turned away the excellent match reports we used to get across the forum!

It is and very concerning. Love reading the true match reports and the more reports from different spectators about one game the merrier and especially to know how players are doing at new clubs etc etc. You can’t stop the official bashing but it’s going to cause a few problems in seasons to come and a lot worse then what it is now, 

21 minutes ago, Lee Mitchell said:

It is just constant nonsense and really uncalled for especially as it’s not a professional circuit just a hobby . 

Some people won't accept defeat and resort to abusive remarks that are aimed at anyone who disagrees with their opinion, and label it " just banter "
Officials of the game always come in to line for undeserved criticism for not making a decision that would benefit a team, rarely will there be an admission that a teams performance was their own undoing.
Having seen a picture of the rumpus at Sticker, how can anyone even consider blaming the referee for not blowing his whistle in time for it not to happen, has football sunk to the level of expecting it to take place ??.     Part of the referees induction course will soon need to include telepathy.

7 minutes ago, Cornishram said:

Certain managers won't mind as they absolutely hammer match officials and generally go unpunished for it.danny bance made a career out of arguing with players and officials so I'm sure he's got pretty thick skin when they have a bit of criticism for losing a few games.

Danny Bance was passionate and a quality player and a winner. Off the pitch and after the whistle very approachable and all round decent Gent. Always accepted decisions whether right or wrong in his eyes. As an ex  official didn’t mind the passionate argumentative player, lines were drawn and I have a level of acceptance and if stepped over dealt with, I always felt I was fair but firm but the absolute derogatory comments from all angles made me step down a lot earlier then I would of liked 

2 hours ago, Lee Mitchell said:

Danny Bance was passionate and a quality player and a winner. Off the pitch and after the whistle very approachable and all round decent Gent. Always accepted decisions whether right or wrong in his eyes. As an ex  official didn’t mind the passionate argumentative player, lines were drawn and I have a level of acceptance and if stepped over dealt with, I always felt I was fair but firm but the absolute derogatory comments from all angles made me step down a lot earlier then I would of liked 

Remember watching Gilby make Danny almost poo himself one afternoon at Priory Park. 

Bodmin vs Blazey,  Gilby,  Flynny,  O Hagan against Bancy,  Sage,  Hoops etc proper men,  proper football,  when it was a good standard of football also.  

7 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

You do realise that you have the ability to change it, don't you? You run the website so Moderate it. Some of the things that are left on here are ridiculous. Yes we are all entitled to an opinion but when that opinion is derogatory, abusive demeaning and all that other stuff you leave it on. You can't say it's getting tiresome when you aren't doing anything to prevent and stop it. You literally have the power at your fingertips to nip it in the bud

8 minutes ago, BrummyBarry said:

You do realise that you have the ability to change it, don't you? You run the website so Moderate it. Some of the things that are left on here are ridiculous. Yes we are all entitled to an opinion but when that opinion is derogatory, abusive demeaning and all that other stuff you leave it on. You can't say it's getting tiresome when you aren't doing anything to prevent and stop it. You literally have the power at your fingertips to nip it in the bud

It’s an open forum for gods sake for people to discuss thing football related. . Why do you want him to moderate to suit you?  

8 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

It’s an open forum for gods sake for people to discuss thing football related. . Why do you want him to moderate to suit you?  

It's not to suit me that's not what I've said at all people are saying it's tiresome and no longer about football and no longer about match reports, so Moderate it. Make it about match reports and remove stupid comments aimed at annoying people and causing offence. If people's comments keep getting deleted it won't be long until the forum returns back to being all about football and match reports. I find it quite entertaining reading some of the dross people put but if you look on various posts, people are getting tired of it 

2 hours ago, BrummyBarry said:

It's not to suit me that's not what I've said at all people are saying it's tiresome and no longer about football and no longer about match reports, so Moderate it. Make it about match reports and remove stupid comments aimed at annoying people and causing offence. If people's comments keep getting deleted it won't be long until the forum returns back to being all about football and match reports. I find it quite entertaining reading some of the dross people put but if you look on various posts, people are getting tired of it 

I concur. You only need to take a look at the Western League sub-forum to find endless back and forth between Helston & Falmouth supporters. It’s boring, not relevant, petty and childish bickering 24/7.

I thought Jack Bowyer was to blame in the handbag fight with Martn Giles he took a sly kick at Martin before it kicked off ,i thought the ref was looking at them and turned away and let them get on with it ,Dave Deacon had a better view than me and he said it was a red card so he knows better than me 

DSCN2313.JPG

15 hours ago, BrummyBarry said:

Of course I know I have the ability to change it BrummyBarry!

Just as good an idea is for us to enrol you as a moderator?