Cornwall Football Forum

3 hours ago, Postman Pat said:

When will the ground grading take place for clubs applying for promotion please.

Applicant Clubs for promotion to St Piran have already had an advisory visit and any issues have been high-lighted, giving Clubs the opportunity to complete any remedial work by the deadline. Clubs applying for promotion from St Piran to SWPL will only receive a full compliance check on or about 31st March, which they must "pass" to be considered for a place at Step 6.

Hope that answers your question.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Bantona said:

Is there still relegation from St Piran West? 

Yes if if the promotion applicants meet the ground grading criteria and finish in a qualifying position in the Combination League. Any promotion to the SWPL may affect the numbers.

There's no relegation in the East and a number of clubs have applied for promotion from the ECPL.  

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Fish said:

Is it only one team from each of the st.Piran leagues that can go up, or can multiple teams? And if only one team is it who ever finishes highest out of those that applied?

One from each division to SWPL West.  Assuming all comply with the ground grading requirements and finish in a qualifying position it should be the highest placed.

16 minutes ago, Up the reds said:

How many will get relegated from st pirans league west? Anyone know? 

As the division is at its full quota of 16 it's 2 up 2 down.  But that also depends on what happens at the top and how many qualify by league position and ground grading from the Combo.  On the grading side Mullion and Penryn are obviously fine and Pendeen need to complete their works.  As we stand today all possibilities are on the table i. e. 2, 1 or 0 could be relegated.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, ECPL said:

What are the teams applying to join the St Piran 

As previously posted elsewhere.

West.  Penryn Reserves, Mullion Reserves & Pendeen.

East.  Gunnislake, Altarnun, St Minver, St Teath & St Cleer.

Ten days ago the clubs and the other four Cornish leagues were advised that:

West Division.  Penryn and Mullion are promoted and St Ives Town are relegated to the Combination League.

East Division.  Altarnun and Gunnislake are promoted subject to their ground grading works getting signed off.  St Dennis Reserves will be relegated unless the club wins their appeal against relegation from the SWPL. 

St Minver, St Teath & St Cleer will be considered for the east vacancy, again subject to ground grading works.  That decision will be made by the FA Leagues Committee and Cornwall FA.

All subject to the 2022-23 constitution with the changes as described above being sanctioned by Cornwall FA and the FA Leagues Committee.

4 hours ago, Tango Wanderer said:

Wens the deadline Steve? Surely most of the East applicants will struggle to get up to grade? Pitch slope, goalpost standards and major plumbing works spring to mind for most of them.

The deadline is the week before the AGM so effectively the week ending Sunday 5th June.  Altarnun had minimal minor works to do and will be OK, Gunnislake have almost completed their works.  St Minver have more of a challenge but are making best efforts.  St Teath had changing room works to do but were confident that that could be achieved.  

St Cleer if remaining at St Cleer had very minor works to do, clearly if they move to Lux Park as St Cleer then there are no issues.  To be clear, and I have discussed this with John Colenzo, if the move to Liskeard is a full merger of the two clubs then that is a name change and wouldn't be a problem.  If it is St Cleer becoming Liskeard Reserves with the current St Cleer reserve side remaining in the Duchy League as St Cleer then the Liskeard Reserves side is a new team and is not eligible nor would the St Cleer Duchy side be.

6 hours ago, Steve Carpenter said:

Gunnislake have almost completed their works.  St Minver have more of a challenge but are making best efforts.  St Teath had changing room works to do but were confident that that could be achieved.  

St Cleer if remaining at St Cleer had minor works to do 

Wow...can you pass on the builders and plumbers' names and numbers Gunnislake used please? Must be able to work miracles! Last ones I used had months of waiting time!!! They must have installed totally new changing rooms, 3 toilets, water boilers, pipework and drainage all since they won promotion.... plus the slopes on those pitches.....1 in 41? Really?

Don't misunderstand me as I wish anyone the best especially earning the right to go up,  but have ALL the grading criteria been strictly applied? 

37 minutes ago, Tango Wanderer said:

Wow...can you pass on the builders and plumbers' names and numbers Gunnislake used please? Must be able to work miracles! Last ones I used had months of waiting time!!! They must have installed totally new changing rooms, 3 toilets, water boilers, pipework and drainage all since they won promotion.... plus the slopes on those pitches.....1 in 41? Really?

Don't misunderstand me as I wish anyone the best especially earning the right to go up,  but have ALL the grading criteria been strictly applied? 

With the good news that St.Dennis first x1 will remain in the Peninsula West, no longer will St.Dennis Res be obliged to take relegation to the ECPL, however will they able to take voluntary relegation, they certainly struggled last season and maybe a drop to the ECPL will do the club no harm.

However it's good to read that they will be playing Peninsula League football again next season, they have excellent facilities and good people running the club.🙂

Whilst its great news St Dennis have been reprieved is there not compulsory relegation from St Piran to ECPL if a club finishes bottom? The St Piran League is going to be huge if clubs aren’t obliged to be relegated if finishing bottom and clubs keep getting promoted from ECPL every season… 

2 hours ago, Tango Wanderer said:

Yes.

1 hour ago, St George said:

Whilst its great news St Dennis have been reprieved is there not compulsory relegation from St Piran to ECPL if a club finishes bottom? 

I take it you've not read the notices on the Full-Time site or League Rules.  You'll find the answer there.

1 hour ago, St George said:

Whilst its great news St Dennis have been reprieved is there not compulsory relegation from St Piran to ECPL if a club finishes bottom? The St Piran League is going to be huge if clubs aren’t obliged to be relegated if finishing bottom and clubs keep getting promoted from ECPL every season… 

It was stated earlier in the season that because of withdrawals their would be no relegation this year. Any promotions would surely bring the East up to it’s full quota like the West.

17 hours ago, David Bray said:

With the good news that St.Dennis first x1 will remain in the Peninsula West, no longer will St.Dennis Res be obliged to take relegation to the ECPL, however will they able to take voluntary relegation, they certainly struggled last season and maybe a drop to the ECPL will do the club no harm.

However it's good to read that they will be playing Peninsula League football again next season, they have excellent facilities and good people running the club.🙂

We've applied for east Cornwall mate

3 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Still seem bizarre that a team has to apply to be relegated! 

Tbh Dave the st pirans league is a step too much for us as our results show there are some extremely good teams in the league n it's not fun being hammered week in week out so it's only fair on the lads we step out the league,thanks to Steve carps for seeing our point of view n for the help he's given us the past couple seasons,it's much appreciated. Good luck to all the teams for next season.

44 minutes ago, davegrose said:

Tbh Dave the st pirans league is a step too much for us as our results show there are some extremely good teams in the league n it's not fun being hammered week in week out so it's only fair on the lads we step out the league,thanks to Steve carps for seeing our point of view n for the help he's given us the past couple seasons,it's much appreciated. Good luck to all the teams for next season.

I agree with you Dave. It's the process I find hard to understand. I just don't think a club should have to "apply" to be relegated, but I suppose the procedure doesn't help when the league is presumably undersubscribed in the first place!

22 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

I agree with you Dave. It's the process I find hard to understand. I just don't think a club should have to "apply" to be relegated, but I suppose the procedure doesn't help when the league is presumably undersubscribed in the first place!

It wasn't an application as such Dave.  With the East Division finishing the season with 14 teams following the earlier withdrawals there was no relegation to the ECPL.  St Dennis approached us just prior to our meeting on Monday evening with a request for voluntary relegation.  The meeting agreed to the request providing that the ECPL and Cornwall FA were happy and that was sorted on Tuesday morning.  They go with our blessing and we hope that they will be able to turn things round on the pitch and be back with us soon.  Perhaps not the best comparison but it's not too dissimilar process to that in the NLS where clubs have requested to be dropped down a step.  There was one such case in the Western League prior to the start of 21-22 and I'm sure there are others.

1 hour ago, FootballChat said:

Gunnislake social media is stating they’ve officially been accepted as a St Piran club for next season.

Any news of the other applicants? 

Gunnislake and Altarnun have completed their ground grading works so are promoted as of right.  The decision on the two East Division vacancies is now with the FA with all of the information passed to them via Cornwall FA.  St Minver have been unable to complete their works and will be remaining in the ECPL.  St Dennis Reserves have been allowed a voluntary relegation to the ECPL.

In the west Mullion Reserves and Penryn Reserves are promoted and St Ives relegated. Pendeen finished out of the promotion qualifying places.

What were the works that were required of Gunnislake? 
I’ve never personally been there but heard from a referee a few years ago that they were given a rotten old caravan with a hole in the floor for changing facilities! 
Do they have a more substantial ground elsewhere or has the previous ground undergone major renovation?

2 hours ago, FootballChat said:

What were the works that were required of Gunnislake? 
I’ve never personally been there but heard from a referee a few years ago that they were given a rotten old caravan with a hole in the floor for changing facilities! 
Do they have a more substantial ground elsewhere or has the previous ground undergone major renovation?

Primarily changing rooms, showers and toilets plus a bit of signage. All now done and meet the requirements.  

14 hours ago, Steve Carpenter said:

Primarily changing rooms, showers and toilets plus a bit of signage. All now done and meet the requirements.  

So you assessed those ridiculous goalposts as up to grade? They're not even upright! Pitch certainly has a slope greater than 1 in 41 as anyone who's played there can testify... but , if a blind eye was turned on grading specifics for those areas so be it...well we can only look forwards to our using their spanking new enlarged changing rooms and 3 toilets resplendent with hot and cold running water for refs and both teams this season!