Cornwall Football Forum

41 minutes ago, Tango Wanderer said:

So you assessed those ridiculous goalposts as up to grade? They're not even upright! Pitch certainly has a slope greater than 1 in 41 as anyone who's played there can testify... but , if a blind eye was turned on grading specifics for those areas so be it...well we can only look forwards to our using their spanking new enlarged changing rooms and 3 toilets resplendent with hot and cold running water for refs and both teams this season! 

What did Gunnislake do to upset you? 

2 hours ago, Tango Wanderer said:

So you assessed those ridiculous goalposts as up to grade? They're not even upright! Pitch certainly has a slope greater than 1 in 41 as anyone who's played there can testify... but , if a blind eye was turned on grading specifics for those areas so be it...well we can only look forwards to our using their spanking new enlarged changing rooms and 3 toilets resplendent with hot and cold running water for refs and both teams this season! 

No dispensations against the grading requirements are permitted.  A club not meeting these requirements simply will not be promoted.

To suggest that our ground grading team would turn a blind eye is insulting and to do so whilst hiding behind the anonymity of a user name does you no credit.

4 hours ago, Tango Wanderer said:

Obviously a very bitter person with an axe to grind. 

20 minutes ago, Buckland Jim said:

Obviously a very bitter person with an axe to grind. 

No axe at all... Will publicly wish Gunnislake the very best in St Pirans and am sure they will do very well like the other ECPL teams that have come up to our League.....but Step 7 grading states 1 in 41 slope the maximum in any direction....and their pitch is obvously more than that in certain directions...and their goalposts are not upright or even aligned square to the pitch ...those are facts which anyone looking at their pitch will see. Happy to play there as they will be a real challenge to the top spots....

Goalposts are not part of the Ground Grading regulations but their safe use and construction are covered by FA Regulations. If there is a problem with them, it should be reported to the referee before a match. 

With respect to St Austell, I would say their slope is on the limit of what is permissible and is a good "yardstick" for comparison. Gunnislake pitch was judged to be within the 1:41 limit and required no further investigation.

On 04/06/2022 at 09:58, davegrose said:

Have gunnislake moved pitches or something as last time I played there they had block built changing rooms?

Yes they moved pitches Dave. If you’re referring to the one at the bottom of the valley that is. Now they’re higher up than the village and works were hugely necessary. Last played there in Feb and if the work has been done since then, then fair play. And their plumber & builders will be in high demand! 

3 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

I should imagine if Poltair permissable, allows almost all others! 

Horrendous pitch considering the standard they play at. Considering they’re a so called “big Cornish club” it’s shocking to see the state they’ve let that ground get into.

To host the senior cup final there was a bizarre decision.

Just now, FootballChat said:

Horrendous pitch considering the standard they play at. Considering they’re a so called “big Cornish club” it’s shocking to see the state they’ve let that ground get into.

Although for this discussion we’re talking about the slope.

No doubt with the time utilised since the end of season the surface has been improved.

10 hours ago, FootballChat said:

Considering they’re a so called “big Cornish club” it’s shocking to see the state they’ve let that ground get into.

St Austell recently applied a new entrance block which includes a rather bland mini refreshment unit, however, this appears to have replaced the traditional tea hut style facility on the far side of the stand.

Suppose this possibly comes under the banner of upgrading but personally, no disrespect, I preferred the old snack shack structure.

2 hours ago, FootballChat said:

My issue is more with regards to the plying surface, changing facilities and stand.

It all seems to be a bit neglected over the last few years which is a real shame.

I don't think the weather has helped the playing surface anywhere in Cornwall,it lashes down for week then u get 2 days of dry weather then back to more rain, credit to any ground staff that gets pitches available for playing on.

6 minutes ago, davegrose said:

I don't think the weather has helped the playing surface anywhere in Cornwall,it lashes down for week then u get 2 days of dry weather then back to more rain, credit to any ground staff that gets pitches available for playing on.

Agreed that all grounds staff deserve credit.

But when you compare the surface at Poltair to that of St Blazey, Penryn, Falmouth, Camelford, Sticker, Bodmin, Newquay, St Dennis etc then it’s found lacking.

I’ve not seen anything from the club appealing for extra bodies which would lead you to believe they have the volunteers but the pitch is being a bit neglected.

They can’t do much about the slope but the surface itself could be given some TLC. I don’t think it’s any coincidence that the downturn in fortunes on the pitch coincides with the decline of the facilities.

On 04/06/2022 at 13:57, Tango Wanderer said:

No axe at all... Will publicly wish Gunnislake the very best in St Pirans and am sure they will do very well like the other ECPL teams that have come up to our League.....but Step 7 grading states 1 in 41 slope the maximum in any direction....and their pitch is obvously more than that in certain directions...and their goalposts are not upright or even aligned square to the pitch ...those are facts which anyone looking at their pitch will see. Happy to play there as they will be a real challenge to the top spots....

I have been quiet on the Gunnislake subject for a while. I have seen all of your posts regarding the club. 
Let’s be completely honest here, All you have done is slag the club off!
We are a small village team wanting to do well within the local leagues. We have a outstanding group of people within the club who have completed all the works required by the St Pirans League. We haven’t had funding like most of the other clubs and are trying to operate within a small budget. I am apart of a small committee who are trying our very best to make the place welcoming. Comments like yours are not welcome. If you are wishing the club well then stop slandering us all over the Cornish Soccer Forum. We are all working people with families and cannot be working on the ground 24/7. 
Tango, if you have anything else to add please feel free to pop me a message  I will be happy to help  

Moving on. …

Congratulations to Torpoint 3rd team for clinching the East Cornwall premier league in what was a very exciting last few weeks of the season. 
Also well done to Altarnun for gaining promotion. 

thank you  

2 hours ago, A.Brown85 said:

I have been quiet on the Gunnislake subject for a while. I have seen all of your posts regarding the club. 
Let’s be completely honest here, All you have done is slag the club off!
We are a small village team wanting to do well within the local leagues. We have a outstanding group of people within the club who have completed all the works required by the St Pirans League. We haven’t had funding like most of the other clubs and are trying to operate within a small budget. I am apart of a small committee who are trying our very best to make the place welcoming. Comments like yours are not welcome. If you are wishing the club well then stop slandering us all over the Cornish Soccer Forum. We are all working people with families and cannot be working on the ground 24/7. 
Tango, if you have anything else to add please feel free to pop me a message  I will be happy to help  

Moving on. …

Congratulations to Torpoint 3rd team for clinching the East Cornwall premier league in what was a very exciting last few weeks of the season. 
Also well done to Altarnun for gaining promotion. 

thank you  

Wise words Browner!

1 hour ago, Informed said:

I would think that teams in the St Pirans West are delighted that St Ives have dropped down! Not so much a slope but multiple mini slopes. Horrendous pitch! 

Careful Informed ...dont mention slopes! 

A.Brown please don't get the wrong impression...not slagging off your club.... just questioning the application of the grading requirements which are are national standard....you'll admit your pitch has a heck of a slope...im Happy to play on it this season but it's patently over 1:41, your changing rooms are fine and I'll happily use them....but your away one is never 12 metres sq so how have you made it larger on such a tight budget? 

Gunnislake will be a tough outfit to beat this season and playing with a possible boosted side they will challenge most clubs here ....I'll no doubt be proven wrong about my concerns when I turn up there this season......

54 minutes ago, Tango Wanderer said:

Careful Informed ...dont mention slopes! 

A.Brown please don't get the wrong impression...not slagging off your club.... just questioning the application of the grading requirements which are are national standard....you'll admit your pitch has a heck of a slope...im Happy to play on it this season but it's patently over 1:41, your changing rooms are fine and I'll happily use them....but your away one is never 12 metres sq so how have you made it larger on such a tight budget? 

Gunnislake will be a tough outfit to beat this season and playing with a possible boosted side they will challenge most clubs here ....I'll no doubt be proven wrong about my concerns when I turn up there this season......

The away changing room is now 15.2 Square metres.

Our ground grading officer, who also does the same job for the SWPL, takes all of the measurements and he is satisfied that, as he quotes above, that the pitch is within the 1 in 41 requirement.  If you think that we would tell Perranwell that they would have to leave the league if they didn't either fix their slope or move ground and then allow any club to join with the same issue you are very much mistaken.  Perranwell were only allowed in in the first instance because of the dispensations allowed at the time.

4 hours ago, St George said:

What are the constitutions of the 2 divisions for next season? From Twitter it seems Bude promoted to SWPL and St Dennis relegated from the East with Altarnun and Gunnislake replacing them. No mention of Liskeard Res (St Cleer)?

16 in the West.  As last season minus Mullion (promoted) and St Ives (relegated) plus Penryn Reserves and Mullion Reserves.

14 in the East.  As last season minus Bude (promoted) and St Dennis Reserves (voluntary relegation) plus Altarnun and Gunnislake.

The constitution was confirmed by the FA on Wednesday morning meaning that none of the applicants to fill vacancies were successful.

With only 14 in the East this means that there will be no relegation from that division at the end of the season as per Rule 22f.