Cornwall Football Forum

BILLY TUCKER

mattelot

36 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

Mind you about a 200 mile (4 1/2 hour)  round trip to Helston every other week may have taken its toll especially midweek fixtures.

Isn't Ryan Beattie another North Devon player?

Nail on the head.. Got a young family that he wants to spend time with. Top top bloke, and will improve any side he plays for 

4 minutes ago, Blues10 said:

Nail on the head.. Got a young family that he wants to spend time with. Top top bloke, and will improve any side he plays for 

Big loss for helston . With Stuart Bowker serving a 3 match suspension ,do they have a strong enough bench or will the strengthening cheque book need to come out ?

Could be a huge dent in the Massey machine with Billy leaving, carried the team on occasions and scored some very important goals for the blues, I have heard a few of the senior players not happy with the “sometimes cringy” self funded media circus which seems to surround Massey and Helston (I can maybe see why), at the end of the day a big blow for Helston and their push for promotion.

25 minutes ago, Mark Jones said:

Family time is everything and can’t blame the lad for leaving Helston. 

What happened to Mattie Buchan ? He returned for one game then left again ? 

25 minutes ago, Mark Jones said:

Think Mattie was dual signed and only played when available 

41 minutes ago, Mark Jones said:

Great that he's helping out his home town club .would be even better if they avoid relegation .

34 minutes ago, FootballChat said:

Showing as 2 separate bans.

3 games for the straight red

1 game for accumulation of yellow cards.

4 games in total.

Gutted to be missing some important games over Christmas sure the boys will pull it out the bag though 😉😉😉 

1 hour ago, FootballChat said:

Is the club appealing against the red Stuart? The video evidence is fairly strong in your favour.

There has been appeal been sent in should here within the week whether it’s been successful but I’m suspended today for 5 yellows hopefully it’s overturned 🤞🏻🤞🏻

On 17/12/2021 at 21:29, iand said:

Are Barnstable in a higher league?

Barnstaple living on borrowed time in the Southern League!

On 17/12/2021 at 21:47, FootballChat said:

Massey spotted at Wadebridge tonight and Ed Harrison of Camelford turned in an impressive performance. 

Could we see Helston make a move for him? I’m sure he’s played Western League for Cribbs before too.

Ed Harrison WL quality in my view. 

On 18/12/2021 at 08:17, THEMAGPIE said:

Could be a huge dent in the Massey machine with Billy leaving, carried the team on occasions and scored some very important goals for the blues, I have heard a few of the senior players not happy with the “sometimes cringy” self funded media circus which seems to surround Massey and Helston (I can maybe see why), at the end of the day a big blow for Helston and their push for promotion.

I can't let some of the above comments go without a response on my part. You really do need to elaborate Mr Magpie.

1) As a videographer I'd be very interested to be offered some clear examples of what you consider to be "cringy" in my output.

2) "Media circus" is fine if by that you mean  our output is entertaining and we're raising the profile of Helston Athletic FC, which incidentally, is the job I was brought in to do.

3) Self funded? Does it really matter really how or what a wealthy person chooses to spend his or her money on? Mousehole are coming on board with their behind the scenes video documentaries. Plymouth Parkway is another club who are maximising the use of video in their Social Media output. Where is the problem?

4) The feedback I am getting from the squad is very positive and they're appreciative of my work. However, because I film the good, the bad and the ugly, use slo-mo and include defensive errors, I could see why you might say that. But, which player these days wouldn't give their eye teeth to have their games filmed like I do. I wish mine had been way back when ..... 

Have watched the video and for all those haters, there is little or no input from the manager. Both teams had chances but once again Helston showed a lack of commitment while defending. Think teams see Helston as a bit of a soft touch at the back. Whether they missed Billy? Not sure about that. 

21 hours ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Barnstaple living on borrowed time in the Southern League!

Ed Harrison WL quality in my view. 

Think he played for Cribbs Causeway when he was at Uni in the Bristol area. They do tend to draw a lot of players from the student population in the city (Jason Vincent is another I can think of).

Barnstaple have had a few houdini like escapes in the Southern League over the last few years. Restructuring, Street taking voluntary relegation and COVID curtailed seasons have come to their rescue, don't bet against them avoiding the drop again. The performances are starting to improve (if not the results) under new boss Kevin Squire, and there are rumours of financial backing on the way to lure players back to North Devon.

1 hour ago, Way Of The Park said:

Think he played for Cribbs Causeway when he was at Uni in the Bristol area. They do tend to draw a lot of players from the student population in the city (Jason Vincent is another I can think of).

Barnstaple have had a few houdini like escapes in the Southern League over the last few years. Restructuring, Street taking voluntary relegation and COVID curtailed seasons have come to their rescue, don't bet against them avoiding the drop again. The performances are starting to improve (if not the results) under new boss Kevin Squire, and there are rumours of financial backing on the way to lure players back to North Devon.

Think a couple of seasons before Street stepped down, another club  took voluntary relegation to save Barnstaple. The good fortune for Barum can't go on for ever  They've been poor for several seasons now. Time to regroup in the WL I think.

• 4 weeks later...
On 20/12/2021 at 11:12, The Observer__ said:

Ryan Turner to Barnstaple next 

Ryan Turner signing for Barnstaple confirmed by club, Craig Laird also joins as manager. New chairman has brought in financial backing, have heard rumours that more players will be making the return trip to North Devon.

Barnstaple tend to go through periods of having money and then losing it.

Happened several years ago when the moved up the leagues.

Money dried up, Team began to struggle and now they down the bottom of their respective league.

Got to respect the lad Tucker for moving back to his home town club, money talks these days and wouldn't have thought they match anywhere near the money Helston can afford to dish out. Matt Bye has been touted to be moving back also but not sure he's up to that standard and both Beattie & Bowker in my eyes aren't good enough for that level. The new Manager Laird knows the league well and local circuit even better so watch this space and expect to see some tidy players enter the club.

This sort of merry-go-round will always happen where money is involved. It’s not sustainable in the long term to expect players to remain “loyal” or committed to a club 2 hours from home - once the initial buzz of a lumpy paypacket is forgotten the pain of a long drive home on a Saturday night will eventually have them looking closer to home for a game. Especially when their mates and girlfriends are already out on the town somewhere!

1 hour ago, MattP said:

This sort of merry-go-round will always happen where money is involved. It’s not sustainable in the long term to expect players to remain “loyal” or committed to a club 2 hours from home - once the initial buzz of a lumpy paypacket is forgotten the pain of a long drive home on a Saturday night when their mates will eventually have them looking closer to home for a game. Especially when their mates and girlfriends are already out on the town somewhere!

We’d love a lumpy pay packet wouldn’t we Gelly? And maybe a trip to warmer surroundings than Polbathic!

On 13/01/2022 at 10:03, MattP said:

This sort of merry-go-round will always happen where money is involved. It’s not sustainable in the long term to expect players to remain “loyal” or committed to a club 2 hours from home - once the initial buzz of a lumpy paypacket is forgotten the pain of a long drive home on a Saturday night will eventually have them looking closer to home for a game. Especially when their mates and girlfriends are already out on the town somewhere!

Signed for Barnstable on contract years ago when Brian Perks was manager, don’t matter how much money still he’ll of a trip from Plymouth, training plus home games 🙈