Cornwall Football Forum

New Manager

Good Luck! Could start an argument in an empty room. Largely to blame for Derek Adams losing the dressing room last season leading to relegation. Has a reputation in Plymouth for being a bit of a bully stretching back the Sturrock Days. Will be shocked if he doesn't eventually lose the dressing room. Ticking Time-bomb 

1 of the best players to of put on a Plymouth shirt Paul was a legend at Home park and my fav player ,looking forward to seeing him tmmrw night i think this could be a good season for Truro now hes in charge hes bound to get some Argyle youngsters on loan and 1 ihope he  gets is the young forward KLAIDO LOLAS he is really good in the air and on the ground .See how Truro get on tmmrw vs Exeter and then next week vs Plymouth Argyle mb Paul will get his boots out for a game or 10 mins be good to see him on the field again

13 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

1 of the best players to of put on a Plymouth shirt Paul was a legend at Home park and my fav player ,looking forward to seeing him tmmrw night i think this could be a good season for Truro now hes in charge hes bound to get some Argyle youngsters on loan and 1 ihope he  gets is the young forward KLAIDO LOLAS he is really good in the air and on the ground .See how Truro get on tmmrw vs Exeter and then next week vs Plymouth Argyle mb Paul will get his boots out for a game or 10 mins be good to see him on the field again

Not sure about the bit regarding getting players in from Argyle. Would they be keen on sending their youngsters to work with somebody they abruptly sacked with a week, and one vital game, to go at the end of the season?

32 minutes ago, Rayvon said:

I am getting very worried, the ATB (Anti Truro Brigade) have gone very quiet. I can only assume that if Exeter give them a good thrashing then they will be out in force later.Oh and Leeds will be on what was the attendance, is that all that's pathetic disgraceful.Mark my words.

🙉🙈🙊

2 hours ago, Rayvon said:

I am getting very worried, the ATB (Anti Truro Brigade) have gone very quiet. I can only assume that if Exeter give them a good thrashing then they will be out in force later.Oh and Leeds will be on what was the attendance, is that all that's pathetic disgraceful.Mark my words.

Getting your defensive comments/excuses in all ready Rayvon .... 🤣 

Wotton was average, kiss the badge yawn yawn but got found out eventually, he will be gone from Truro by Christmas ... Wait & See .... Mystic Leeds will be correct again .. 😉

Wotton will get Truro promoted , think charging £10 for tonights friendly with Exeter is dear but i will be down there with me old dog Smokie and taking loads of photos as usual . Paul Wotton was more than average Leeds he was brilliant and most true Plymouth fans would agree with me i saw him play well over a 100 games home and  away i stopped going when they resigned a certain goalie hes a lovely bloke but i wasnt going to pay my entrance fee to help py his wages still was a hell of a goalie ,the other reason i have stopped going is when they wouldnt let me take photos anymore and a steward took the film out of my camera and destroyed it .I now get enjoyment watching the local footy but i do miss going up on the bus to plymouth but i dont miss the walk from the town centre up that bloody big hill to Home Park saw some good old battles on the grass up there best 3 was No 1 Millwall ,2 Chelsea 3 Portsmouth they where good old days

35 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Getting your defensive comments/excuses in all ready Rayvon .... 🤣 

Wotton was average, kiss the badge yawn yawn but got found out eventually, he will be gone from Truro by Christmas ... Wait & See .... Mystic Leeds will be correct again .. 😉

What like you were about the FA not allowing Truro City to return to Treyew Road part way through the season. Time to get your crystal ball polished up, think your not reading the signs properly. As for tonight I think you have to give the guy a break after all he's only been in charge for 24 hours, his name is not Jesus, miracles take a little longer to perform.

See we have signed Louis Rooney back on so we have got one forward for tonight.

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Wotton will get Truro promoted , think charging £10 for tonights friendly with Exeter is dear but i will be down there with me old dog Smokie and taking loads of photos as usual . Paul Wotton was more than average Leeds he was brilliant and most true Plymouth fans would agree with me i saw him play well over a 100 games home and  away i stopped going when they resigned a certain goalie hes a lovely bloke but i wasnt going to pay my entrance fee to help py his wages still was a hell of a goalie ,the other reason i have stopped going is when they wouldnt let me take photos anymore and a steward took the film out of my camera and destroyed it .I now get enjoyment watching the local footy but i do miss going up on the bus to plymouth but i dont miss the walk from the town centre up that bloody big hill to Home Park saw some good old battles on the grass up there best 3 was No 1 Millwall ,2 Chelsea 3 Portsmouth they where good old days

I think you are wrong top say Paul Wotton was brilliant 100%.He was a good solid professional who had a decent playing career over quite a few years.Will be interesting to see how he moulds Truro City now that he in a No.1 in a managerial career.

Back from watching a really awful game not a lot of shots on target both sides i thought where very poor , i thought James Ward had a good game but the rest where not very good the big black Truro no 4 was all legs Truro definitly need a goal scorer . ,game was lucky to go ahead i was told they had a hard job to find any stewards and had to use stewards that are used for the Pirates matches , the toilets outside where out of order and that was awkward for me with my prostate problem and there was no programs .Very poor game but i do like the Truro centre half another 1 of the black players .Just for you Leeds the attendance was 396 and it was £10 to get in should of asked for our money back because we was not entertained tonight maybe when the Green Army turn up it maybe different .0-0 FINAL SCORE

Not enough stewards and toilets ,Hope they are on the ball Tuesday night else it’s going be a farce  from what I see there are train loads of argyle fans coming down.  Would imagine there going be 3 times more then that there Tuesday. 

Nil nil I expect wotten be over the moon with that  after only working with players for short time. 

To get 396 for a friendly after the turmoil of the past few weeks bodes well for the coming season if City can get off to a good start. With players still getting to know each other and fitness levels likely to be below those of Exeter City at this time, 0-0 is probably more than could have been expected.

Not a bad result for a team with 7 players. At least it kept the doom and gloom mongers quiet for 24 hours. If the bogs and stewards were the only thing to complain about things must be heading in the right direction. Hopefully things can be sorted for what is sure to be a big crowd on Tuesday. :c:

38 minutes ago, Rayvon said:

Not a bad result for a team with 7 players. At least it kept the doom and gloom mongers quiet for 24 hours. If the bogs and stewards were the only thing to complain about things must be heading in the right direction. Hopefully things can be sorted for what is sure to be a big crowd on Tuesday. :c:

Might come over and watch that...MIGHT!

5 hours ago, Rayvon said:

Is it true that leeds had to lend you 2 of his bodmin players ray ?

1 hour ago, mattelot said:

Is it true that leeds had to lend you 2 of his bodmin players ray ?

Ha ha not got a clue Nige but maybe Leeds can enlighten us, he was probably watching from the nearest tree and I do know that he comes down to do shopping at Sainsbury and get his cheap mince from the Meat Machine on a Friday.:clapper:

Good luck to Truro and their new manager for the coming season.
Whatever opinion of the club you hold, their ambition to play in a higher standard of football is credit to them and puts to shame the attitude of some clubs who wouldn't even give the Western League a try.
Are we Truro supporters ? no never seen them play, but we will always back a tryer

Back from watching a brilliant display by Truro beatin Plymouth Argyle 1st team 1-0 ,this was a great game Louis Rooney scoring the goal for Truro some outstanding displays by the TIGERS BUT 3 players stood out for me James Ward the No4 Brandon Diau who was brilliant but man of the match is easy he was just so good Harlan Mbayo WHAT A PLAYER .Truro had some good subs as well th e pick of them Liskeards James Lorenz also Tom Annear ,Tallan Mitchell , Callum Mcgee and dont know the rest Plymouth where quite poor or Truro where just that good i thought they dominated the match but someone is bound to come on here and say i saw a different game .Very good eveninngs entertainment in front of a good crowd of 1,766 Truro look really good and manager Paul Wotton has got them playing lovely football against EXETER the other night i thought they was poor but tonight they where awesome .Could be a long hard season for th Pilgrims but icould be wrong but think Truro will have a good season they even had Plymouths Rio Garside playing for them tonight .Well done Truro and must try harder Plymouth

9 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Back from watching a brilliant display by Truro beatin Plymouth Argyle 1st team 1-0 ,this was a great game Louis Rooney scoring the goal for Truro some outstanding displays by the TIGERS BUT 3 players stood out for me James Ward the No4 Brandon Diau who was brilliant but man of the match is easy he was just so good Harlan Mbayo WHAT A PLAYER .Truro had some good subs as well th e pick of them Liskeards James Lorenz also Tom Annear ,Tallan Mitchell , Callum Mcgee and dont know the rest Plymouth where quite poor or Truro where just that good i thought they dominated the match but someone is bound to come on here and say i saw a different game .Very good eveninngs entertainment in front of a good crowd of 1,766 Truro look really good and manager Paul Wotton has got them playing lovely football against EXETER the other night i thought they was poor but tonight they where awesome .Could be a long hard season for th Pilgrims but icould be wrong but think Truro will have a good season they even had Plymouths Rio Garside playing for them tonight .Well done Truro and must try harder Plymouth

The number 4 who played centre forward in the first half? He was awful - for a man of his height had no presence in the air and couldn't stand up for more than 30 seconds at a time. Agreed the number 5 at centre half and the number 8, Noah?, were very good. Argyle were distinctly average - tried to walk the ball in in the first half and the goal was a complete ricket by the centre half. Don't get carried away tho - think Truro will need one or two more players yet.

2 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Where's my pint?

Went to the bar...nobody has heard of you!

I had a pint all lined up for you after the game Older and some bonio for Smokie but neither of you made an appearance.:drink:I ended up drinking the pint myself.

I know tougher tests are to come come so see you all at Treyew Road on July 23rd for the Battle of the Gladiators.

15 hours ago, le boss said:

The number 4 who played centre forward in the first half? He was awful - for a man of his height had no presence in the air and couldn't stand up for more than 30 seconds at a time. Agreed the number 5 at centre half and the number 8, Noah?, were very good. Argyle were distinctly average - tried to walk the ball in in the first half and the goal was a complete ricket by the centre half. Don't get carried away tho - think Truro will need one or two more players yet.

No 4 the worst forward we have had since Rory Fallon,  contributes nothing for a man of his size, cannot control a ball and misses headers when he should be dominating the box! if we can see that surely the manager can. The team is looking good, just need a good goal scorer to help Louis up front. 

Really looking forwards to the new season and watching some fresh young players!

IT said that James Lorenz and Rio Garside played last night but i didnt reckonise them unless they where subs .i thought the  Big no 4 had a better game than he did against Exeter but the player Harlan Mbaye was just class . Pymouth where poor they need someone up front and another goalie ,Michael Cooper wasnt bad in the 1st half but the other goalie in the 2nd half wasnt so good ,tought both the Truo goalies where good Jordan WRIGHT was really good dont know who the other was even had Cory Harvey as teh 3rd goalie .