Cornwall Football Forum

The Way Too Early Transfer Rumour Thread (2019 Version)

4 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Don’t think liskeard have any budget at all to try and keep the team together. Shame really as they could been real force again 

6 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

In the interview that the Liskeard manager did for Cornwall Football Podcast at end of last season, he alluded to the difficulties he foresaw in keeping players. Talked about how attractive the offers they were receiving looked to lads who are in lower paid jobs. Can't really blame them.

No budget at all at liskeard, but no players apperently now leaving the club regardless of the offers! All the players are close mates being together for 6/7 seasons now! 

5 hours ago, Flabby Cabbie said:

Having been around the local football scene a long while I can honestly say I haven't seen a better togetherness in any squad. Fair play to the lads. Maybe just maybe a lot of clubs could save a few quid by following the build a team not buy a team philosophy 

You could say the same about Godolphin for the last few years but it’s not really got them anywhere in the end has it?Not won anything and now they’re leaving anyway ?? You’ll never stop the clubs with budgets But it’s great to see a club having a go at it

2 hours ago, rocky170267 said:

You could say the same about Godolphin for the last few years but it’s not really got them anywhere in the end has it?Not won anything and now they’re leaving anyway ?? You’ll never stop the clubs with budgets But it’s great to see a club having a go at it

Newquay throwing big bucks at players from the 'G' who finished below them last season ... ?!

Leeds I can tell you now Newquay are NOT throwing big bucks to players as they have to raise a considerable amount

to improve the infastructure of the club new toilets/floodlights/clubhouse ,perhaps you typed in Newquay instead of Bodmin as you obviously know what

they are spending.

48 minutes ago, paul pearce said:

As a Truro supporter said on their page, it will be interesting to see who turns up for first reading session. Let's see who turns up Tues night in bodmin

Bloody phone. Training session I mean

Reading Paul .... ??

I think they do that at the Library, not at football training ... 

13 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Reading Paul .... ??

I think they do that at the Library, not at football training ... 

I corrected it if you bother to notice. Your wrong they do read at training session. How much their getting each month or doesn't anything get put down on paper

7 hours ago, Santini11 said:

G finishing above Newquay 

I think you need to read over my original statement young man, I said for the first time in many years 'G' finished below Newquay last season which made me wonder why they are chasing so many of their players! Must of costed Newquay a few dollars to get 'the mayor' of St.Dennis  over there as well ... You been once before already .....St.Dennis must be in mourning ? 

Hes not bad but not as good as our Dan at the G Perez will still be at Newquay  when the season im sure he would love to play with the G Legend Phil Lowry ,so iexpect the football at Mt Wise to be boot the ball up to the 2 big lumps up front in Lowry and Jose .I think Newquay will have a good season dont know about the G yet

3 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Perez attracting a lot of attention, fantastic player. 

Will be interesting how many Porthleven players from last season turn up to Bodmins first training session Mr Carey been phoning around after a few of them but most of them are very reluctant 

3 hours ago, Smiler said:

Will be interesting how many Porthleven players from last season turn up to Bodmins first training session Mr Carey been phoning around after a few of them but most of them are very reluctant 

I will be there with the binoculars doing a Leeds United tomorrow night. Trouble is not a clue who's who.  

Been very quite on here regarding clubs in the west, only team to have signed a considerable amount of players are Helston. 

Not heard anything from Pz, Port or Mousehole. Must all doing their business on the quite. 

Who in people’s opinion are the front runners for the season ahead?

Helston must surely be early favourites, never right off Bodmin and Saltash are always a decent outfit. 

1 hour ago, Journeyman009 said:

Hird it’s because he’s getting at least double what the other lads are getting 🤔🤔

Wow,,,, at last,,,, someone who knows exactly how much every single player in a particular team is receiving for each game!!

Must be a committee member,,, or a sleuth,,, or a P.I.

or something else !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(p.s.,, luv ur spelin)

MQx

2 hours ago, Hetty said:

whats the predictions for how many goals will he score this season? 

He will definitely hit the 30 mark in my opinion, he is a quality player with real pace, I hope he pushes on and plays at a much higher level

5 hours ago, SID said:

He will definitely hit the 30 mark in my opinion, he is a quality player with real pace, I hope he pushes on and plays at a much higher level

Didn’t he play at a higher level with Truro? Never know with a good season they might take a punt with him again, but older more experienced. Has all the attributes to player higher I think, work rate, pace, strength and most importantly knows where the back of the net is. 

I saw Liam Eddy and Jack Crago play in pre season for Truro and they just werent good enough , i would like to see Adam Carter given a chance at Truro ,i will see what Truro are like next week when i go there to see them vs Exeter could be a struggle this season for Truro ,no ground team not strong enough no forward

3 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

I saw Liam Eddy and Jack Crago play in pre season for Truro and they just werent good enough , i would like to see Adam Carter given a chance at Truro ,i will see what Truro are like next week when i go there to see them vs Exeter could be a struggle this season for Truro ,no ground team not strong enough no forward

Truro didn’t think I Rocky  Neal was any good  and look at how’ thats turned out  . 

Cant make a judgement on 2 players just off a pre season game. I bet both the players your talking about would walk in the truro team now easily. 

I agree both players would walk into the Truro team now maybe you could go back there Rocky you would do well in that side .Truro seem to be desperate for players maybe Glynn Hobbs should try there and they would get him in shape on his day hes unplayable i think hes a great player but not in the same league as my fav striker Adam Carter

7 minutes ago, Hetty said:

So does anyone know who Bodmin actually have signed ? 

A reliable source tells me they've signed David Bentley, Fabio Rochemback and Linvoy Primus all on non-contract terms, with performance based incentives.