Cornwall Football Forum

The Way Too Early Transfer Rumour Thread (2019 Version)

Ok, season almost over with just the small matter of the League Cup to be decided, what are the early rumours over who's going to be playing/managing/eating pasties at which club next season?

No facts or truths necessarily required, the word of someone in your local that a friend of a friend knows is good enough.

I’ll be surprised if Lorenz goes Bodmin I think he will want to stay with that team and give it a go, all pals all come through it together.

i do however think Bodmin will splash the cash after this season and they will want to be there or thereabouts with the new structure. 

We all know Massey will be spending big next season

Talking to a few people at recent games, have heard the following (a few seem a bit bizarre to me) -

Rickard & Richards Both to Bodmin from Saltash who will be joined by Davies, David, Brown, Robins from Tavistock.

Eddy, Goldsworthy, Slateford and Brokenshire to Helston.

Damerell from Millbrook and Lorenz from Liskeard Both to Saltash.

Shanley and Tyler Elliot back to Torpoint.

McCabe and Zallick Both to Callington.

Davey and Prynne back to Launceston.

What on earth would Leedsunited do then?

On a serious note though, I have heard that Darren is fed up with chasing players now who's commitment levels aren't what he is used to or expects and is looking at stepping down.  This will allow him to concentrate more on the Kernow team.

6 minutes ago, secretscout said:

On a serious note though, I have heard that Darren is fed up with chasing players now who's commitment levels aren't what he is used to or expects and is looking at stepping down.  This will allow him to concentrate more on the Kernow team.

Heard yesterday that Alan Carey is joining him at Bodmin next season

11 minutes ago, secretscout said:

The kernow team was always going to take preference,  I said it 2 months ago. 

It's new, different challenges and venues, Bodmin have become same old same old. 

You don't take the challenge and you stagnate,  there is no challenge there anymore.

All change as the bus conductor used to shout. 

Few rumblings heard in the last 2 weeks.....

Expecting a clear out at Launceston. 

Handful from Torpoint to leave should they end up in the East, a few aren't happy with the decision.

Helston to be strong next year owing to the fact there will be some more £££ down there with Massey and expecting a few familiar faces back there!

Saltash looking for a Centre half with a shortlist of 3 players drawn up, Josh McCabe, Josh Wright and Dan Evans.

Expect St Austell to lose a fair few, to helston and Falmouth.

Bodmin expected to raid Saltash and Tavi for a couple players as well as Liskeard players.

Jarryd Woods, Lyle Johnston and James Lorenz all leaving Liskeard.

Callington to recruit almost a new squad.

Camelford working on getting the Hopcrofts to sign and also looking to take some Bideford fringe players in.

Newquay to lose 4 or 5 to Godolphin.

Dane Bunney looking to get a number 1 somewhere and is interested in the Elburton and St Austell roles.

Liskeard chasing Ricky Cotton from Callington and Dan Pethick from Bodmin as well as a new keeper.

St Blazey looking to rebuild with a majority of St Austell 2nd team.

As I said, all rumblings I have heard on my travels to games over the last few weeks.  The various people I have heard this from could be on a wind up, some could be in good faith. I guess time will tell.

35 minutes ago, Mick Throbsaw said:

Handful from Torpoint to leave should they end up in the East, a few aren't happy with the decision.

Helston to be strong next year owing to the fact there will be some more £££ down there with Massey and expecting a few familiar faces back there!

Saltash looking for a Centre half with a shortlist of 3 players drawn up, Josh McCabe, Josh Wright and Dan Evans.

Bodmin expected to raid Saltash and Tavi for a couple players as well as Liskeard players.

Camelford working on getting the Hopcrofts to sign and also looking to take some Bideford fringe players in.

Dane Bunney looking to get a number 1 somewhere and is interested in the Elburton and St Austell roles.

Liskeard chasing Ricky Cotton from Callington and Dan Pethick from Bodmin as well as a new keeper.

As I said, all rumblings I have heard on my travels to games over the last few weeks.  The various people I have heard this from could be on a wind up, some could be in good faith. I guess time will tell.

I to have heard most of these rumbling's

1 hour ago, Mick Throbsaw said:

Better than reading the gossip columns that..👍🏻

5 hours ago, Mick Throbsaw said:

About as factual as a Boris Johnson column in the Telegraph. Brilliant stuff!!

17 minutes ago, herbie777 said:

Be interesting to c where Glynn Hobbs ends up next year. Not sure what happened to him this year I saw him once come on as a sub at Saltash and he barely moved, looked a tad on the heavy side 

Glyn seems to have gone backwards after two seasons of around a hundred  goals with Tavi and Parkway. 

The general malaise around Priory Park has dragged him down.

River Allen to Bodmin Glynn Hobbs to St AUSTELL saw him play against Newquay on a cold tuesday night and he was brilliant,he scored one of the fastest goals of the season from the halfway line when hes on form hes almost unplayable i think hes a great player and wherver he ends up if fit he would be a asset i would love to see him in a Godolphin shirt

On 08/05/2019 at 11:43, 100%cornish said:

River Allen to Bodmin Glynn Hobbs to St AUSTELL saw him play against Newquay on a cold tuesday night and he was brilliant,he scored one of the fastest goals of the season from the halfway line when hes on form hes almost unplayable i think hes a great player and wherver he ends up if fit he would be a asset i would love to see him in a Godolphin shirt

St Austell cutting budget again so Hobbs definitely won’t be there and to be fair no longer consistent. But a hell of a player when firing on all cylinders.

remember he refuses to train so maybe that’s his downfall ??