Cornwall Football Forum

The Way Too Early Transfer Rumour Thread (2019 Version)

On 12/07/2019 at 10:20, SCFC said:

where have they both gone? Lorenz to Truro i know of

Yeah Lorenz to Truro he will do well I think . Seen him last year a little raw and think he will prob play wide of a front 3 for Truro as he not big or strong enough to play straight through the middle yet . and heard Walters was off to either cally or blazey but see Walters played for ST Austell  the other night and got a couple of goals 

32 minutes ago, Del Boy said:

I see that Corey Harvey Truro goal keeper in the Mousehole squad to play Tavistock today 👀 another shroud signing @ Trungle

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2075868905851424&id=220056858099314

Shroud!!! a bit doom and gloom that.

Shrewd may be.

Bradley  was some player but i think hes referring to James Lorenz but hast he siged a 12 month contract with Truro i have seen him play in 3 of Truros pre season friendlies and to be honest he looks out of his depth and Truro need a bigger striker like my fav striker Mr Adam Carter

2 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Bradley  was some player but i think hes referring to James Lorenz but hast he siged a 12 month contract with Truro i have seen him play in 3 of Truros pre season friendlies and to be honest he looks out of his depth and Truro need a bigger striker like my fav striker Mr Adam Carter

No disrespect to Liskeard but hes not going to get better for higher leagues there. 

2 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Should we include 'Boysie' Symons in the group as well? What a partnership that was at Perranwell - him and Gritts!

Yes Dave another great. 

Was speaking to Rodney yesterday about Boysie. 

30 minutes ago, Rayvon said:

Does anyone remember Justin Andrew kept Gritts out of the team at Truro City, had a brother called Mark? think they both went on to play for Falmouth. :goal:

Yes Rayvon, he also played abit out at Agnes I believe. Know Justin and Mark very well. Top blokes. Justin was definitely prolific. 

Some great strikers around back in the day. 

Not sure what fascination is with Lorenz. He scored a hatful last season, a good 3rd of his total goals came against the bottom 3 or 4 clubs! He played for Parkway a few times and never really did anything to warrant them having a look at him this season, so what makes everyone think he is good enough to step up above that!

Liskeard won a relatively poor league last season dominating most of their games and when you dominate like that, Lorenz was always going to get chance after chance, but now Liskeard wont be anywhere near dominating like that again this year so he'll get less chance and will be against much better players, so cant even see him getting 15 goals!

A good season for goals last season, but needs to be realistic now.

3 hours ago, Persil said:

Not sure what fascination is with Lorenz. He scored a hatful last season, a good 3rd of his total goals came against the bottom 3 or 4 clubs! He played for Parkway a few times and never really did anything to warrant them having a look at him this season, so what makes everyone think he is good enough to step up above that!

Liskeard won a relatively poor league last season dominating most of their games and when you dominate like that, Lorenz was always going to get chance after chance, but now Liskeard wont be anywhere near dominating like that again this year so he'll get less chance and will be against much better players, so cant even see him getting 15 goals!

A good season for goals last season, but needs to be realistic now.

I hope you have to eat your words. Give the lad a chance

4 hours ago, TheManWhoKnows said:

Heard Lorenz could be heading to mousehole on loan for the season, if mousehole can help Truro city sign their former defender Adel Gafaiti from Yeovil 

On loan ? What point in that. Just well go back on loan at liskeard and do less traveling 

2 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

On loan ? What point in that. Just well go back on loan at liskeard and do less traveling 

Given the choice of Mousehole or Liskeard I know who I’d pick........Mousehole all day long. Will be playing in a far superior team and set which only help him make the step up in future, when he returns to Truro.  

Liskeard had a fantastic season last year and deserved to win the league. However this season will be massive test for them.

If this is true, as I assume it’s only rumour at the minute. Another great singing at Trungle with a very strong starting 11, and an exceptional amount of reinforcements to come off the bench. 

Massey will be shaking in his boots and will need to dust the cheque book off again 😜

8 hours ago, Del Boy said:

Given the choice of Mousehole or Liskeard I know who I’d pick........Mousehole all day long. Will be playing in a far superior team and set which only help him make the step up in future, when he returns to Truro.  

Liskeard had a fantastic season last year and deserved to win the league. However this season will be massive test for them.

If this is true, as I assume it’s only rumour at the minute. Another great singing at Trungle with a very strong starting 11, and an exceptional amount of reinforcements to come off the bench. 

Massey will be shaking in his boots and will need to dust the cheque book off again 😜

8 hours ago, Del Boy said:

#2021 vision?

If ( and it is a big if) James has been loaned to Mousehole, if he’s on a 12 month contract he has little say where he goes as that’s is up to Truro - personally hope it’s not true. I have watched him since a 12 year old and he has real potential and the only way he will know if he’s up to higher standard is to play it. Good luck to him and if going on loan at least it is to club showing an intent to go higher. 

5 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

If ( and it is a big if) James has been loaned to Mousehole, if he’s on a 12 month contract he has little say where he goes as that’s is up to Truro - personally hope it’s not true. I have watched him since a 12 year old and he has real potential and the only way he will know if he’s up to higher standard is to play it. Good luck to him and if going on loan at least it is to club showing an intent to go higher. 

If it is Mousehole though, it poses a lot of logistical problems for him. Can he drive yet? Why not Liskeard, like the young 'keeper Dan Stedman has been loaned back to his former club Wendron?

If we're not careful I can see the lad dropping out of regularly playing and that would be a shame for everyone. Far too much talent just to go to waste!

24 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

If it is Mousehole though, it poses a lot of logistical problems for him. Can he drive yet? Why not Liskeard, like the young 'keeper Dan Stedman has been loaned back to his former club Wendron?

If we're not careful I can see the lad dropping out of regularly playing and that would be a shame for everyone. Far too much talent just to go to waste!

Heard that Truro aren’t sure if he’s not quite ready for the step up, (haven’t seen the lad play so can’t comment) heard he will be loaned to Truro if mousehole can help convince their former player Adel to sign from Yeovil. Can see Mousehole winning the league this year with the signings they’ve already made!

So why on earth sign him on a contract! 

Does anybody think that Mousehole will be positioned as a feeder club for Truro? Read about a young midfielder, Andreas Calleja who played for Truro against Blazey last night. Signed from Penzance, and is likely to be loaned to Mousehole for the season

41 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Does anybody think that Mousehole will be positioned as a feeder club for Truro? Read about a young midfielder, Andreas Calleja who played for Truro against Blazey last night. Signed from Penzance, and is likely to be loaned to Mousehole for the season

Makes sense for local clubs in separate divisions to have strong relationships and work together in the best interests of both parties. 

So why on earth sign him on a contract! 

Teams sign players everyday and loan them out/develop them/keep them in reserve etc all with the aim of breaking into the first team instead of letting them join rival clubs. If they think he is promising then a contract means he's essentially their property and they can provide him with minutes for development with a loan. Either that or they regret the possible 'panic offer' and want someone else to pay the wages...

50 minutes ago, Zac said:

Makes sense for local clubs in separate divisions to have strong relationships and work together in the best interests of both parties. 

Teams sign players everyday and loan them out/develop them/keep them in reserve etc all with the aim of breaking into the first team instead of letting them join rival clubs. If they think he is promising then a contract means he's essentially their property and they can provide him with minutes for development with a loan. Either that or they regret the possible 'panic offer' and want someone else to pay the wages...

I appreciate the workings of a contact and loaning out etc, but sorry the obvious loan out would be to Liskeard. Travelling to the opposite end of the county for someone else in the same SWPL will not work! 

52 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

I appreciate the workings of a contact and loaning out etc, but sorry the obvious loan out would be to Liskeard. Travelling to the opposite end of the county for someone else in the same SWPL will not work! 

You may be right, but the expectations are that Mousehole will be one of the challenging teams this season and should be well run so I'm sure it could work. Plenty of players travel long distances and it's not inconceivable that he could go there, score 30 goals and win a trophy. He could also score a hatful for Liskeard but you'd think Mousehole will play a higher level of football, therefore more likely readying him for a step up. 

Is he even going to get in the mousehole team ? Id say he signed a contract to play for Truro definitely not travel to moushole to play when he could stayed at liskeard. 

Sounds like he been stitched up. Or has the fact yetton wants to continue playing and coaching mean he not going get a game now. 

9 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Is he even going to get in the mousehole team ? Id say he signed a contract to play for Truro definitely not travel to moushole to play when he could stayed at liskeard. 

Sounds like he been stitched up. Or has the fact yetton wants to continue playing and coaching mean he not going get a game now. 

If Lorenz trains with Truro, then Stewart Yetton would be a tremendous mentor for him.