Cornwall Football Forum

The Way Too Early Transfer Rumour Thread (2019 Version)

1 hour ago, Mick Throbsaw said:

He is nowhere near one of the best.  Perhaps a couple of stone ago!

Jason Vincent a very tidy striker and will fit well to their style.  Can't see them looking at anyone from that list other than James Lorenz or Mike Smith. Lucassi nowhere near the standard, Jacob Smale not a bad player, but not good enough, Dan Perryman is on a tidy little number down at Godolphin and Curtis Damerell won't be going there either, he is staying at Millbrook.

Bodmin struggling to attract players, but remain keen on James Lorenz and Jarrod Woods from Liskeard, Lewis Russell at Saltash, Josh Robins and Matt David of Tavy.

Launceston offering silly money for bang average players, Josh McCabe on £50 and Thackeray is on £40, that's without Hopcroft who will be on a bit too! Gary Jefferies not hanging about offering the big bucks!

Callington have got a massive job to improve this year.  The manager left last week and the new management have an immediate task of replacing their 2 centre backs as well as improving the overall quality of the squad after playing most of the season with glorified East Cornwall players.  Heard that the management have been busy in talking to players.

4 real good signings for Helston, 4 players that can win them a game! Regardless of the £100+ a game per player, if they can afford it sustainably then good luck to them.  Believe they are also pushing to get Jordan Annear across and one or two from Bideford.

Isn't Thackeray the journeyman who went to Porthleven for big bucks?

Believe he was with Bodmin and Tavistock.

Talented striker who once was on the books at Portsmouth.

Good addition to the Saltash squad.

2 hours ago, Mick Throbsaw said:

He is nowhere near one of the best.  Perhaps a couple of stone ago!

Jason Vincent a very tidy striker and will fit well to their style.  Can't see them looking at anyone from that list other than James Lorenz or Mike Smith. Lucassi nowhere near the standard, Jacob Smale not a bad player, but not good enough, Dan Perryman is on a tidy little number down at Godolphin and Curtis Damerell won't be going there either, he is staying at Millbrook.

Bodmin struggling to attract players, but remain keen on James Lorenz and Jarrod Woods from Liskeard, Lewis Russell at Saltash, Josh Robins and Matt David of Tavy.

Launceston offering silly money for bang average players, Josh McCabe on £50 and Thackeray is on £40, that's without Hopcroft who will be on a bit too! Gary Jefferies not hanging about offering the big bucks!

Callington have got a massive job to improve this year.  The manager left last week and the new management have an immediate task of replacing their 2 centre backs as well as improving the overall quality of the squad after playing most of the season with glorified East Cornwall players.  Heard that the management have been busy in talking to players.

4 real good signings for Helston, 4 players that can win them a game! Regardless of the £100+ a game per player, if they can afford it sustainably then good luck to them.  Believe they are also pushing to get Jordan Annear across and one or two from Bideford.

Agree that Launceston seem to be paying over the odds for players that they have named.

The fact that Bodmin haven’t named any new signings yet shouldn’t let people think they are not going to be strong, Gilbert and Carey will be a force and both will have an eye on regaining the league title.

Who is the new Manager of Callington??

You are right, Bodmin haven't announced anything, but don't forget, it is still early days and players will still move freely until the end of the month.  I expect them to be strong this season, especially with the acquisition of Al Carey.  They are working hard don't think they aren't.  Gilby is furious with last season and is willing to do all it takes to get Bodmin back to where they were.  A handful of the Tavy players have been contacted and offered some serious money that has got them thinking.

The new management was announced over the weekend. Sam Borthwick and Lee Man are now in charge.  Tough job for them to turn the clubs fortunes around.

Leave our player Dan Perryman alone he likes it at the G and he was the best thing to happen to the G last season and the performances improved when he rolled into town hopefully the G will have a better season i think Dan will be up there in the leading goalscorer charts .Heard Bodmin will try signing Luke Cloke from Torpoint and Curtis Damerell from Millbrook heard this from a Bodmin supporter  who reckonised Smokie while out on our walk .

On 11/06/2019 at 17:08, Mick Throbsaw said:

You are right, Bodmin haven't announced anything, but don't forget, it is still early days and players will still move freely until the end of the month.  I expect them to be strong this season, especially with the acquisition of Al Carey.  They are working hard don't think they aren't.  Gilby is furious with last season and is willing to do all it takes to get Bodmin back to where they were.  A handful of the Tavy players have been contacted and offered some serious money that has got them thinking.

The new management was announced over the weekend. Sam Borthwick and Lee Man are now in charge.  Tough job for them to turn the clubs fortunes around.

Turn the clubs fortunes around? The two clubs that impressed me last season in regards to the overall package were Torpoint and Callington. Both clubs had decent setups, nice clubhouse, nice pitches and although Torpoint for me were always the better footballing team, Callington more often than not were ok. New management a joint role?? Never heard of the later guy and will Mr Borthwick be managing only or doing both? Combining playing with Managing is always a hard role at any level.

Stewart Yetton has more chance of signing for Bodmin or Tavistock rather than St Austell, Stewart comes with a hefty pay packet and with St Austell's money pretty much tied up paying for their managers, little money will be left for big name players like Stewart.

Tavistock also set to take Jordan Annear from Parkway with the promise of starting every week on the similar money. Straight replacement for Josh Grant.

22 hours ago, teflon123 said:

Turn the clubs fortunes around? The two clubs that impressed me last season in regards to the overall package were Torpoint and Callington. Both clubs had decent setups, nice clubhouse, nice pitches and although Torpoint for me were always the better footballing team, Callington more often than not were ok. New management a joint role?? Never heard of the later guy and will Mr Borthwick be managing only or doing both? Combining playing with Managing is always a hard role at any level.

Stewart Yetton has more chance of signing for Bodmin or Tavistock rather than St Austell, Stewart comes with a hefty pay packet and with St Austell's money pretty much tied up paying for their managers, little money will be left for big name players like Stewart.

Tavistock also set to take Jordan Annear from Parkway with the promise of starting every week on the similar money. Straight replacement for Josh Grant.

Yes, what I meant was to turn their fortunes around on the pitch.  They have struggled for the last 3 seasons.  I am inclined to vouch for your comment surrounding the work done at both Torpoint and Callington.  Both grounds look brilliant and the surface at each location always looks very good.  I have also visited Kellaway Park a number of times this season whilst visiting my elderly mum and have been impressed with their set up each time, not to mention their performances on the pitch.  They have a real good thing going on there and I hope to see them continue their progression as a club.  I don't know much about Lee Mann other than he was the Manager of their ECPL team this year.  I would have thought that Borthwick will play still, he isn't old enough to stop yet is he?  Although he may have to because as you rightly pointed out, managing and playing can be difficult.  I have done that before and it wasn't easy and that was in Duchy 1.

I can't see Yetton dropping down to SWPL just yet, he is still a class act and would be a top player for any team in the Western League.

From speaking to some people at the Saltash V Falmouth Cup final last month there was talk amongst the pretty raucous Falmouth fans that Jordan had been offered a nice some to go to Helston.

Glad to see you haven't moaned about Tavy in that comment though.  Progress being made!

10 hours ago, teflon123 said:

See Launceston splashing the cash again, this time on Dan Hart.

One of the easiest players to play against in the League according to most Managers. Just likes to pick the ball up of the CBs and spray it around erratically, hence why every big club has moved him on. Only one string to his bow and that’s broke.  

Blimey it makes you wonder how he won so many Trophies, What with him also being so fat as you politely put it last year ! 

Joker

Apparently Bodmin & st Austell are in a bidding war for James Lorenz with £175 a game being the best offer so far, let’s see who has the biggest budget👏🏻

Jarrad woods to callington as well for a pair of free boots & pasty, greeds is killing local football 

2 hours ago, The Turk said:

Apparently Bodmin & st Austell are in a bidding war for James Lorenz with £175 a game being the best offer so far, let’s see who has the biggest budget👏🏻

Jarrad woods to callington as well for a pair of free boots & pasty, greeds is killing local football 

St Austell will not pay anything like that kind of money I can guarantee it ! Not sure where you got this from tbh.... 

The boy is extremely young and has no experience at this level

44 minutes ago, Shaun Harrogate said:

I have heard that Lorenz has agreed to sign for Bodmin alongside Cameron Turner. I have also heard some pretty bad news for Steve Massey, two of the four signings that he's signed from St Austell have now agreed to stay with them. Great work from the new management team to keep them on board. 

Could be slightly embarrassing for Mr.Massey if that's correct 🙈

56 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Agreed to stay ? So they didn’t want stay for hodges then ? Or bigger pay packet ? 

One of the 2 was quoted saying that they didnt receive any calls on communication from the new management throughout their 2 week tenure

3 hours ago, Shaun Harrogate said:

I have heard that Lorenz has agreed to sign for Bodmin alongside Cameron Turner. I have also heard some pretty bad news for Steve Massey, two of the four signings that he's signed from St Austell have now agreed to stay with them. Great work from the new management team to keep them on board. 

They should've done the Helston team group for the 2019/20 season, returned to St Austell, and then appeared in their team group. Used to love spotting multiple team group players in the Sunday Indy season preview special.

15 hours ago, The Turk said:

Jarrad Woods has got a lovely pair of white boots so will not be interested in that deal. If you're talking Pasties the Sam Rogers may take the bait.

Heard from a reliable source 5 Gplayers have left the G and joined rivals Newquay and these are players who have been at the G for years also heard 2 turner lads not related have gone to Bodmin CAM from Newquay and HAYDEN from St Austell  should ba a interesting season hope my team Godolphin have signed some decent players to replace the really good players that have left for pastures new ,think me and Tanya will have to get our boots on

29 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Heard from a reliable source 5 Gplayers have left the G and joined rivals Newquay and these are players who have been at the G for years also heard 2 turner lads not related have gone to Bodmin CAM from Newquay and HAYDEN from St Austell  should ba a interesting season hope my team Godolphin have signed some decent players to replace the really good players that have left for pastures new ,think me and Tanya will have to get our boots on

Newquay throwing around some big bucks. Saw a  Senior 'G' player in Morrison's yesterday & he said Newquay been offering serious money to many G lads . Hearing a few don't like the G manager. .

I also heard about the 2 players staying at St AUSTELL are Brocks and Slates and the Helston manager wants to start with Eddy and Beattie up front and cant guarantee Goldsworthy will get in the team also heard St Austell have put in a aproach for the Godolphin forward DAN PERRYMAN and Newquay are signing Carl RICKARD FROM St Dennis if he goes im sure his brother Lee will join as well but cant see them leaving St DENNIS they are St Dennis when you talk about the team .Bound to be lots more rumours but i have heard Bodmin will have a strong team im sure Ledds UTD will keep us informed like he did last season when he said there was big news coming out of Bodmin we are still waiting Leeds but Cam Turner signing for Bodmin is a massive signing brilliant player .

1 hour ago, leedsunited said:

Newquay throwing around some big bucks. Saw a  Senior 'G' player in Morrison's yesterday & he said Newquay been offering serious money to many G lads . Hearing a few don't like the G manager. .

The G will won’t hit double figures in points next season , all there good players have joined Newquay. They will be using mainly Dutchy players . 

3 hours ago, leedsunited said:

You certainly get around Leeds, not  long ago you were down Sainsbury in Truro and only last week you were over Wadebridge, no wonder you are such a fountain of knowledge.:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Kernowlad said:

The G will won’t hit double figures in points next season , all there good players have joined Newquay. They will be using mainly Dutchy players . 

Love this, I am the G manager let’s just wait and see, if the challenge is double points I accept! Bloody hell this forum never fails to disappoint! Good on you

3 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Alright Leeds, many of the old stock have left the G The rumours are correct, I am the manager and maybe some may not like me even though I have known most since kids and given some of them their debuts in men’s football many years ago! 

However ask your self self one question what have that group of players done in the last 3 seasons? 

Times change teams move on as do players time to try and take this new g team further up the table, change was a must for all! 

We have signed some terrific talent and I’m confident we will be significantly better than before (points wise) 

newquay have acquired a fair few of the old g boys and have a good team there good players but it’s not what me (the g) are looking for progress a new era has to come.

good luck to them

all though, great lads 

4 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Don’t worry all is in hand 

Brilliant your a great bunch, think someone mentioned respect that made me 😃 I wish all the lads who I’ve known for a long time all the best, I appreciate all they have done for the club, they are very good players I have no bad feelings towards any at all. 

I simply believe it’s time for something new that’s all. 

I don’t think that is disrespectful just honest, I think they need a new challenge also. 

All ive done is state facts!

new signings include Harry eaton and Elliot Rendle who in my opinion and many others are great additions.

in terms of my job well all I can do is my best chaps, as long as you have something to chat about on here all is well I suppose

16 minutes ago, SID said:

Brilliant your a great bunch, think someone mentioned respect that made me 😃 I wish all the lads who I’ve known for a long time all the best, I appreciate all they have done for the club, they are very good players I have no bad feelings towards any at all. 

I simply believe it’s time for something new that’s all. 

I don’t think that is disrespectful just honest, I think they need a new challenge also. 

All ive done is state facts!

new signings include Harry eaton and Elliot Rendle who in my opinion and many others are great additions.

in terms of my job well all I can do is my best chaps, as long as you have something to chat about on here all is well I suppose

G have to be favourites for relagation, lack of quality and lack of experience in the squad. This squad wouldn’t win Dutchy prem.

Just now, Kernowlad said:

G have to be favourites for relagation, lack of quality and lack of experience in the squad. This squad wouldn’t win Dutchy prem.

What's the ' Dutchy Prem? '

That the same as the Duchy Prem? 

'SID' respect to you, but can't you can't compete with some of the figures/sums of money rumoured to be coming out of Mt. Wise 

7 minutes ago, Kernowlad said:

Fair play were all entitled to our opinion! I suppose we shall see 

6 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

What's the ' Dutchy Prem? '

That the same as the Duchy Prem? 

'SID' respect to you, but can't you can't compete with some of the figures/sums of money rumoured to be coming out of Mt. Wise 

Tbh I don’t know what’s coming from macca and Newquay financially, good luck to them if they’ve upped their budget well done it’s difficult to do in a town with two senior clubs, 

all I know is that what we’ve been doing is going under the radar purposely, I’m not making any predictions apart from I can assure you this squad that is developing nicely will not be relegated.

finance will always be the difference but loyalty and developing a collective will certainly get you far! 

I think if you look very closely at years gone by you will see the g haven’t performed maybe aswell as they should including last season under my watch! 

We shall be doing our best to significantly improve 👍